Relegation in American sports

Why in the hell don't American sports have a relegation/promotion system in their national sports leagues? Don't they get tired of seeing the same teams/franchises always winning or losing? Why not give opportunities to new or amateur teams, and punish the shitty teams by relegating them and making them climb their way up again? Even the AAA/AA/A system in baseball would be pretty much set up.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (288x512, 39K)

Because the owners run our professional leagues in a cartel. Everything in America is transparently about the almighty dollar. There's not even the pretense of doing what's right for the fans. No owner is risking relegation and Tyne amount of money they would stand do lose. European super league will eventually try the same thing.

Because if there ever was enough teams to make a 'Premiership' and 'Championship' and 'League One' division then the USA would just split into areas. So it'd be West Coast Division, East Coast Division, Mid West Division, South Division etc and they'd all play separate divisions with no promotion or anything. USA is a huge ass place. I believe they have different divisions for American Football? But I don't know. Either way, football won't be popular enough in USA for at least another 50 years. It really depends on Baseball can survive. The one thing USA does have, however, is that if you're rich enough you can just create a new team and join the division. David Beckham did it with the fun named Inter Miami.

Our league and sports structure is complete different than most of the rest of the world. It's like asking why isn't there a Burger King II chain that is cheaper and even shittier than original Burger King.

This would be better, though.
>USA Split into regions
>Each region functions like a European league
>They have a Champions League-like competition for the top teams in every region each year
would be kino.

*each region functions like a European league pyramid, I should've said. Not just one league of course or else once again, there's no pro/rel which is shit.

College football has different divisions. You can move up/down them if you want, but it's generally based on what the school wants to budget.
>ie, there's nothing stopping a small college with an enrollment of 1,500 students in joining Division I if they feel like dumping that much money into building a giant stadium and running the program
This is just a theoretical though

>Even the AAA/AA/A system in baseball would be pretty much set up.

most of those teams are development squads for major league affiliates.

our football does but it's mostly run by the can of worms that is our college system
our baseball has that shit college system but a full-fledged minor league system. They all feed into the pro teams, MLB is a literal monopoly on professional sport and are allowed to break all sorts of rules.

There's about 7,000 teams from 5,300 clubs in England in all 15 Divisions. USA currently has 24 teams in two divisions (East and West iirc). They're adding 3 more teams to the list which is gonna fuck shit up they need to find a fourth. So they will need at least another 21 teams to create two more divisions. You'd then do a semi-finals of the four top teams and end with the two winners of that in the final for the 'National Championship Award' or something. So it's possible.

Ah. Thanks my dude. What's AAF then?

AAF is a pro league, started this year, plays in the spring. All other outdoor college and pro leagues play in the fall.

lulz the internet says the Air Force Academy has 4,300 enrolled

Duke plays in the ACC and they're like 5,000 enrolled, I'm sure there are others.

And NFL is just the 'main' pro league? AAF is something new but same 'level'?

Well, there's nowhere near as much money in the AAF. It's basically somewhere to play if you either were cut from an NFL team or fell through the cracks after college, to get some time actually playing. Most of the players are doing it to try to get to noticed in the NFL.

CFL in Canada is more independent, but some of the rules of the game itself are different.

Ah right so it's essentially a more... prestigious place to get noticed or to keep playing time up. Gotcha. A good idea I guess. Ta bra.

Owners are afraid their fans would stop coming to games if they got relegated. They wouldn't but it would cause such a decrease in revenue (football is by far the most expensive sport to maintain) that it would cause all but a few teams to fold.

because in other countries the leagues emerged organically from preexisting clubs competing among eachother. in the usa the professional sport organizations were created first, and the individual franchises exist only within them

>Don't they get tired of seeing the same teams/franchises always winning or losing?

I know right it’s crazy. Well anyway I can’t wait to see Bayern Juventus and Barcelona win the league. Cause that’s never happened right? Usually powerhouse Genoa and Las Palmas wins.

Goddamn Coors is the GOAT ballpark.

>inb4 fags mad you cant throw back balls

It's worse.

Was allowing the rest of the world onto our internet the worst thing to ever happen?

No one bothers with teams thats not top 5 (even in EPL) so it doesnt matter

>Don't they get tired of seeing the same teams/franchises always winning or losing?
Coming from a football perspective this is hilarious

That's Europe, not USA.

The question should be: why give most teams no chance of winning the title each year?

Wait, we can have one of these threads without an American shitting it up and trying to flaunt his superiority by calling you a faggot and whatnot? We can have a real, comfy thread?

Anyway, I think and hit the nail on the head. Here in america, we're all about capitalism. If you wanna make money, you gotta have money. Smaller clubs don't really have a chance to make it big unless they can buy their way in or if the leagues think they could have a good chance of making more of a profit there. It's not that I don't like the idea of relegation/promotion here in the US. Honestly, I think it would be fun to see a team like the Albuquerque Isotopes actually play in the MLB, but the league would never allow that because there's no money for them to actually be made in Albuquerque. No one even knows where it is.

but the overwhelming majority of those english clubs are semi-pro or amateur as well. Realistically the only leagues that are 100% professional teams are premier, champ. league one and two. Those four leagues account for fewer than 100 total teams who are all professional. Once you get down to the SleazyBet365 norf souf and garbage it's all semi-pro.