Was he a memeplayer?

Was he a memeplayer?

Attached: letissiersouth.jpg (1600x1093, 1.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kex4VdWLtko
youtube.com/watch?v=JwKGF6pbihY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He was legit. If his name was Le Tissierzinho he would be hailed as a GOAT.

He scored memeblooters, but he was legit, the England team really should have done more with him

Based boomer opinion

Would have gotten 50 caps if England had half-decent managers.

Would have gotten 50 if he moved to a bigger club, I still believe he was actively discriminated against for playing for Southampton desu

the national team should have been built around him. genuinely great player. we don't get many, it's a travesty we didn't make more use of him. my dad says the same thing about hoddle. we used to be great at wasting our most technically gifted players.

Why didnt the English call him The Tissier

Hes from the channel islands, it's a French surname

i know youtube can make anyone look good or shit, but just look at some of the goals:
youtube.com/watch?v=Kex4VdWLtko

and his touch. not flashy stepover flipflap fancy dan stuff, just that weird ability to know which way a defender was going and make sure the ball was somewhere else by the time they got there.

Why do Bongs not rate technical players/managers?

Definition of a meme player, never had the bollocks to step outside his comfort zone and compete at the high level or move more than 5 miles from his home.

He'd have been exposed hard at a club that wasn't completely built around him.

Now he's a drunk with wonky teeth sat on TV every weekend telling players who have won 10x more trophies than him what they are doing wrong

nah. he was a lazy cunt tbf but i can't think of any players we've produced who were more technically gifted.

Gazza

How about Gascoigne?

Because that's not his fucking name. If Charlie Mulgrew moved to Germany, his name wouldn't suddenly be Karl.

Bollocks. England were picking players from fucking Middlesbrough, Sheff Wed and Rangers when he was playing.

Because we're a country that wanks over Redknapp, Fat Sam and Pardew.

not much in it tbqh. gazza, hoddle and le tiss are the best players we've had since colour telly was a thing, and only one of those was used properly in the national team.

Definition of a meme player, yes.

But he's not English, he literally didn't give a fuck about the NT

Well he's literally just proven you wrong on Harry's Heroes, you snide tit.

Unironically great, unironically meme
youtube.com/watch?v=JwKGF6pbihY

That 'meme player' had more talent than any player playing today bar Messi

Seriously? I’m Scottish so no bias here
>Charlton
>Keegan
>Hoddle
>Gascoigne
>Beardsley
>Barnes
>Scholes
All a lot more talented, and they all proved it.

>Keegan
ahahaha nice b8 m8

Regardless of one's opinion of Le Tissier, I'm sure we all agree he should have been higher up on the call-up list than Carlton fucking Palmer

Even Zidane needed his "water carrier" (Deschamps). Really when you see the names mentioned and realise that the country's always had talent, but it's the culture and the managers. Never let Brits manage anything - small-minded self-serving good-fer-nothings.

Yeah you’re probably right. First Division winner, Bundesliga winner, European Cup winner and Ballon D’or winning Kevin Keegan wasn’t a patch on fat bastard Le Tissier, with his meme goals against Norwich and Blackburn, whilst at the foot of the table.

>Never let Brits manage anything

Shankly
Fergie
Paisley
Clough

>no premier league titles
into the trash he goes

I love how Americans are literally mindless corporate drones

nah he was great.

Yeah let's put Gazza and Le Tissier in the same team, see how much coke they can get through at half time.

Le Tissier is a legend because he's a self-insert for slow, unathletic alcoholics playing for their boyhood club, who despite their physical shortcomings are able to outwit any defender, then thunder off a memeblooter from anywhere, also never miss a penalty because ice runs through his veins. Basically, Le Tissier was a Mary-Sue.

Jaguar, Concorde, British Leyland, National Rail, failed nuclear power industry (new ones are French), the forever failed state of Parliament. Even the rugby and cricket teams have to be managed by Aussies. I think you get the idea.

Never post again

Never watched him closely as a player but I will say his highlights are kino as fuck. I could watch those all day over 99% of modern day pacebabby highlights desu

he got some interesting techniques, quite enjoyable to watch

He literally has a "le" in the name

Just on that I'd venture to guess those two are the two most underrated Bong players ever. Maradona did(does?) the same thing and he's considered a GOAT candidate

Remember witnessing Le Tissier demolish a Big Mac in Hedge End McDonalds in the mid nineties while he was still making the starting line up.

That last min volley in the last league game at the Dell against Arselel is still my favourite Saints moment.

Absolute hero.

Kek

Brilliant player but literally the opposite attitude to Cristiano Ronaldo.

I can't imagine many players putting up his numbers at Southampton during that period.

Kind of sickening that Hoddle was so misused and then he did the same to Gascoigne and Le Tissier. But his peak was slightly before then anyway.

Attached: lettuce.jpg (1195x572, 111K)

>Kind of sickening that Hoddle was so misused and then he did the same to Gascoigne and Le Tissier
Stop posting utter bollocks.

>telling players who have won 10x more trophies than him
That isn't the measure of how good a player is though.

>Le Le Tissier back

It’s a decent parameter.

Gazza should have gone to France 98

>(does?)
Bit optimistic to think he can still do it, have you seen him now?

Always got the feeling that Gazza was overlooked because of the state he was in at the time rather than his ability
Le Tissier absolutely should have gone on the back of the hat trick in the England B game against Russia in the run-up to it. Literally the whole point of that game was to give a last chance to the fringe players, and he did about the best thing he could have done on such an occasion and still didn't make the cut. We also should have taken him for penalty shootouts.

Why. He was fucking shit by then.
And I know because I watched the fat drunk bastard play for Middlesbrough.
Unlike Merson who deserved to be there.

Talent is the way to look at things. Batistuta was a better striker than Morientes despite having won less, for example.

it is if you are a literal brainlet

This.
Djimi Traore won a CL, Maradona did not. If you infer anything from that you're an actual spastic.

yeah im thinking hes legit

He would