Why was Code Vein abandoned even when it sold well? There are several reasons:

Why was Code Vein abandoned even when it sold well? There are several reasons:

First and foremost, the game was universally disliked. Hardcore Souls fans hated it, Souls-like fans (the kind of people who play Nioh or Salt and Sanctuary) hated it, action RPG fans hated it, critics hated it. Most of the few people who liked it were anime fans and only did due to the character creator; a few people genuinely liked the game but only because they got it for free via Game Pass or bought it heavily discounted from Steam or the Playstation store (and those cheap sales constitute the bulk of the game's sales).
It's pretty telling how even the fans of the game don't consider it worth full price and advise others to wait until a discount or just pirate it.

>But it sold 2 million copies! A disliked game wouldn't sell as much
It sold that well because the idea of "Dark Souls but anime" sounds interesting and intriguing, either if you're an anime fan or if you're a Souls-like fan interested on new experiences. Now, that people actually liking the game, that's a completely different matter.

>But it has positive reviews on Steam! A disliked game wouldn't have positive reviews
Most of those reviews are joke reviews, of the "IO IS MAI WAIFU" type, made by people with barely a couple hours. Meanwhile the negative reviews analyze in detail why the game is bad.

Second, Elden Ring. Code Vein exists because From Software and Bandai Namco went separate ways and Bandai Namco didn't want to lose Soulslikes, a reliable source of income at the time.
Now that both companies are back together and Elden Ring was a megahit, there is no reason for Bandai Namco to bother with Souls clones when they can publish the real deal and be rewarded for it.

The only Code Vein-related material you will get in the near future will be a cameo on the next God Eater game, maybe a couple costumes on the next Tales of or Scarlet Nexus games and that's it.

Attached: 1649274136710.jpg (2048x1458, 547.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qO_-b_1VWEk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i'm not reading all that shit you black gorilla nigger. Just post cute code vein girls, that's what we're all going to come in here for anyway.

Attached: 1621029026134.jpg (550x733, 57.45K)

halberdchads ww@

Based, but I do hope we get a sequel where the MC mating pressed Mia and Rin while exploring the outside

Attached: Eag3SbhVcAAQiuh.jpg (886x886, 101.58K)

Closest thing we'll ever have to a sequel is Code Vein outfits in the next God Eater.
>Those DLCs
What were they thinking? If they wanted low effort DLC for free money they just needed to sell skins.

>The schizo has started making CV threads of his own
What the actual fuck is wrong with this site holy shit

Attached: Reddit thread.jpg (652x1268, 109.42K)

schizo alert

Attached: MEDICATE.png (1839x1118, 264.53K)

My brother

Attached: Impaler-chan.jpg (1920x1080, 1.69M)

How do i even pass the thrid zone without dying all the time bros...

Attached: 1641486683269.jpg (1200x849, 165.56K)

Didn't read, don't care, choke on a dick.

Attached: 6783.jpg (700x1361, 158.55K)

Have you considered medication

Attached: 1623465578492.jpg (1920x1080, 216.97K)

Which one? Third could be either pit or reef if I remember right

I didnt like it as I had just played sekiro and the whole stamina system is just bullshit after beating it. Even elden ring had stamina so generous it was largely ignorable. I think for future games the stamina system should be remove and the combat adjusted for it.

>boring post apocalyptic city
>bad menu design
>bad class and magic system
character creator and gameplay was okay but got bored after half an hour

best weapon type

It was hated because of leftist garbage like you existing.

not reading that wall of text
that game was just another shitty souls

nope, the game was just mediocre. otherwise you wouldn't use politics to shill it, like you're doing with that shitty Shitch pirate game.

I liked it, it was just super rough around the edges. I vastly prefer nioh to any miyazaki games but still like them a ton. I still prefer purebred action games to all those, however. I tried several playthroughs of Code Vein and I really liked it, but with a little meta knowledge you can break the game wide open and you can always have a follower unlike other souls like games.

Still better than the from shit souls games. Which isn't saying much. I have no idea what pirate trash you speak of. Take meds.

I think he means this game, which Yea Forums has been shilling a lot for the past weeks with the "buy it to own Twitter / Resetera / the libs" argument.

Attached: screenshot_05-10-2022.jpg (1472x289, 52.3K)

I like Code Vein from what little time I've had with and from all I've seen of it.
But it's infected with denuvo malware so I never bothered to actually run it on my own machine.

Fine enough game, cute babes, fun goofy weapons, cute fujobait for the ladies. I'd play a sequel. I tried God Eater after playing CV and much prefer the souls-ripoff formula to the monhun-formula.

You're not fooling anyone. Just admit you liked it and want a sequel just like the rest of us.

Attached: 1632765658395m.jpg (1024x1024, 125.91K)

Never heard of it. so his entire (retarded) premise was wrong and without base.

I'm here to collect Mia pics.

Attached: 1618594241209.webm (1280x720, 209.82K)

>First and foremost, the game was universally disliked.
ALL REVIEWS:
Very Positive (29,600)

The real reason is because the devs completely fucked themselves by tying it in to God Eater, simple as

Why did he pretend to teleport when it was clear (both in the cutscene and in his own blood code) that it was just an invisibility skill? What a dork

Attached: cv-jack-sketch.jpg (860x1150, 169.9K)

Attached: 1621591378256.webm (254x148, 44.6K)

I really liked it because it plays like Souls games but without the hate boner for making the player suffer, the skills system was interesting, the plot actually made sense and was explained well and it had big titted anime waifus.
Overall it's everything I wish Souls games were

should i feel bad if I bought this game just for the girls? I mean I had fun, but still

Attached: 1514145496301.png (1080x720, 1.33M)

>First and foremost, the game was universally disliked
It really wasn't. Most people thought it was either good or average. Nothing particularly terrible, but nothing really great. Seriously, go and check most critic and gamer reviews. The game isn't as universally dislike at you think it is, but it's not universally liked either. It's just a whatever game.

That being said, my problem with Code Vein is how Bamco seemed to have been so afraid of letting the IP stand on its own two feet that they had to tie it down to God Eater. The game genuinely doesn't feel like it's own thing. From the combat and level design being Souls but worse, and the entire revelation about the Aragami, does CV even have a identity to speak of? A proper direction to take a sequel in? I don't think so.

There's a good reason why Scarlet Nexus has been receiving far more attention and quality of life support, from updates to DLCs, then whatever half-assed shit Code Vein got, and after that it was left to collect dust. That setting actually has potential and the game feels like it's own thing, rather than a cheap copy of something else. And this is coming from someone who did like it despite its numerous flaws, but the first game did a piss poor job setting up a new series.

Overall, if a sequel gets made, then I hope it's an improvement, but that probably won't happen. We're far more likely to get a sequel to Scarlet Nexus than Code Vein. Hell, a God Eater 4 is far more likely a this point.

>without the hate boner for making the player suffer
>when Cathedral exists

Attached: 1642850142640.jpg (1920x1080, 157.12K)

I never got past the capri sun demon in DS1 but I had no real trouble in any part of this game.

If you had fun, your money was never wasted

I platinumed this game. As an avid souls player I enjoyed this game :)

He's a chuuni dork who's too caught up in his edgy fantasies to even kiss his gf

>There's a good reason why Scarlet Nexus has been receiving far more attention and quality of life support, from updates to DLCs, then whatever half-assed shit Code Vein got, and after that it was left to collect dust. That setting actually has potential and the game feels like it's own thing, rather than a cheap copy of something else. And this is coming from someone who did like it despite its numerous flaws, but the first game did a piss poor job setting up a new series.
It's funny because Scarlet Nexus plays like shit and has a retarded story

[.webms posted by some autist claiming that Scarlet Nexus is the most complex action game ever made]
[.webms depicting an enemy that doesn't fight back being juggled in the air as the faces of your teammates show in the corner, so repetitive they make DMC sandbag juggling look exciting]

Can you anons sell me on this game? the deluxe edition is on sale but it looks a bit clunky and slow to play

Attached: 1620821755750.jpg (290x209, 19.66K)

SN plays good though, and It's far better than the floaty garbage combat of Code Vein. As for the story, I somewhat agree, but it's no more retarded than other Bamco titles, and it's sure as hell better than God Eater 3, Code Vein, or Tales of Arise.

It just ain't souls, man.

Don't bother; it's exactly as it looks.

It's fun.

If you want to stare at pretty girls and potentially make your own waifu OC, then it's decent. If you want to actually play a game with good combat and level design, you might as well play something made by Fromsoft, or Nioh.

>SN plays good though, and It's far better than the floaty garbage combat of Code Vein.
Is this bizarro world? The telekinesis in SN is floaty as fuck and it's one of the reasons the game plays like shit, Code Vein is incredibly tight by comparison.
>As for the story, I somewhat agree, but it's no more retarded than other Bamco titles, and it's sure as hell better than God Eater 3, Code Vein, or Tales of Arise.
Code Vein's story doesn't hinge on the characters refusing to communicate with each other for no good reason and the MC being bizarrely happy to forgive and forget that other characters killed his dad.

Try the demo

Attached: Mia.jpg (1920x1080, 530.29K)

>The telekinesis in SN is floaty as
Picking objects with your mind is floaty, who would have thought. Also, it's far more fun to use than anything in Code Vein.
>Code Vein is incredibly tight by comparison.
Do you come from some alternate reality where the combat isn't complete dogshit? Because the game we got is anything but tight. Code Vein is one of the most floaty and janky Souls-clones ever made, on top of having absolutely atrocious level design, and garbage boss fights that are bottom of the barrel-tier when it comes to this "genre".
>MC being bizarrely happy to forgive and forget that other characters killed his dad
But he never forgave Kagero and even beat the shit out him after he learned that it was him who killed his dad. The only reason why Yuito didn't outright kill him is because he believes that a life of atonement is far better than a quick death, which is what he practically says to him during their last bond episode.

>Picking objects with your mind is floaty, who would have thought.
>complains about CV being floaty
>it's ok when SN does it though
>Kagero
Not even what I was talking about, I was referring to the ridiculously out of place character interactions at the cafe immediately afterwards, pure schizophrenic writing.

>slow

? It's faster than any From game with the possible exception of Bloodborne (I haven't played that as I do not own a ps4 and will never buy one.) If anything, you could argue the game is TOO fast. It plays more like Nioh or an action game purely than a souls game.

Code vein is my favourite souls like not made by from.
The game is pure kino but stuffers from enemy recycling. Not to mention the banger soundtrack.
I wish they do a sequel since it's confirmed that the game is in the god eater universe...

youtu.be/qO_-b_1VWEk

My wife Mia.

Attached: mia karstein.jpg (1080x1080, 153.41K)

>it's ok when SN does it though
Because one is literally a power about lifting objects with your mind, while the other is the entire combat system. In Code Vein you literally swing an oversized greatsword that would put Guts' dragonslayer to shame with ease as if its made out of paper mache. Not to mention that it barely feels like you do anything to the enemy when it comes into contact. The very impact just feels off. It's the equivalent of fighting with that wooden sword in Metal Gear Rising, but even that one has more impact compared to any weapon in Code Vein.

Not him but I found Scarlet Nexus' movement and attacks terribly clunky, especially the dodge; Code Vein played way better and more precise in comparison.
I didn't go very far before dropping SN (dropped SN at the start of chapter 6) but the few bosses I fought (the boss that was the demo boss, the girl who turned into a monster and the female protagonist) were gimmicky and braindead; meanwhile Code Vein's bosses were actual bosses that forced you to play the game properly, even when there was a weird difficulty curve between them; in fact I dare to claim that Code Vein's bosses are better than most Dark Souls's bosses because Code Vein's are consistent, straightforward fights without gimmicks (unlike shit like the Bed of Chaos, the Dragon God or the obligatory Storm Ruler fight the Souls games and Elden Ring have a boner over).

Code Vein was good enough to entice me into playing it three times; Scarlet Nexus was so boring that my thoughts at the time were "I wish I was playing Nioh 2 instead", and that's what I did when I finally dropped it.

Attached: 20210629232445_1.jpg (1920x1080, 375.79K)

>guns in this opening shoot actual bullets
>guns in the original unused opening also shoot bullets
Fire whoever decided they should turn into slow red balls.

Attached: 1623604567819.jpg (1920x1080, 244.97K)

>game has a flattie with blonde twintails
I bought your game

Attached: Code-Vein_Nov302017_26.png (1920x1080, 1.92M)

This is just sad. Why spend all this time hating on a niche game?

Post more Mia with her huge hat_.

mods have confirmed multiple times that there are obsessed schizos who spend all their free time shitposting about certain games. why? who knows.

Attached: 1642117345330.png (4000x3400, 3.64M)

look at the animefags in this thread and realise the game couldve been anything so long as it had moeshit and tits

move on to something easier to make

I don't think you understand what moeshit is. Because this game has exactly none.

The anime aesthetics is a bonus to me. I diarrhea shit on games that only have that going for it like say PSO2 NGS.

>were gimmicky and braindead
How? Most of them are pretty straightforward, and the only "gimmick" is you using your powers, which is the entire game, even when fighting regular enemies.

>in fact I dare to claim that Code Vein's bosses are better than most Dark Souls's
Some of them are unironically cheap copies of Dark Souls ones. Cannoneer & Blade Bearer come to mind, as they are pretty much CV's version of Ornstein and Smough, but much, much worse, with a crappier arena to boot. Fighting them made me realize how good O&S actually are, and how I had taken them for granted. The other bosses aren't much to write home about, as most of the successor ones may not be necessarily gimmicky, but they sure as hell feel like it. The only bosses that felt truly straightforward were Juzo and Skull King. Everything else ranged from forgettable to downright bad.

ok moeshitter