Not one existing game can give these feels

not one existing game can give these feels.

Attached: 1519806497355.jpg (1395x983, 354.84K)

Elden Ring

>'hidden' city of Gondolin
>it's right out in the open and huge as fuck

Attached: 1620702057231.jpg (270x320, 17.82K)

Isn’t some user from here making a Silmarillion inspired game? I seem to recall seeing that in past threads

Oblivion tried but got limited by the 360

Do 4k tvs allow for more draw distance? Because if thats the case developers should focus on that instead of just photorealism.

There is one
It’s called

>Do 4k tvs allow for more draw distance?
we're fucked as a species, aren't we?

Honestly it was the first time I played skryrim when I was 12. In my memory seeing whiterun in the distance felt exactly like this. I remember skyrims graphics looking like real life.

Attached: 4AC02C3E-CB3D-486B-A248-7FCF196AD982.jpg (501x561, 34.49K)

Im terrible with tech knowledge. Modern games still have shit draw distance so i want to know.

More like the opposite; the higher the resolution you render at the more resources it takes, meaning some combination of textures/models/draw distance/etc. would get compromised compared to rendering at a lower resolution.
Less AA is required at higher resolutions for equivalent levels of "jagginess", but even then at the absolute best you will just cancel out the performance difference, since the most resource-demanding AA algorithms work by rendering at higher resolutions under the hood then scaling down to screen size anyway.

>blocks your path

Attached: Screenshot_146.png (1310x622, 2.01M)

modern games will never have so much soul, especially looking at bethesda's shit since then

4k is just referring to the resolution which is a representation of the total number of pixels displayed. Better draw distance will require more powerful GPUs (mainly VRAM) and processors.

Sauce?

is that whiterun?

You wish Todd

bdo

I only want one good LotR game. :(

ER has great vistas but its purposely bleak and lifeless. That city would be full of happy life if your adventure party was to head to it after days of wilderness

Attached: 059.jpg (706x1000, 193.81K)

what game is this

It's surrounded on all sides by mountains.

This is wrong
I've gotten that sense of wonder from Lost Planet 2's second mission intro when no other game that did a reveal did that

>Ondolindë... home...

Attached: Stefan-Meisl-Aredhel-departing-Gondolin-HQ.png (1474x875, 1.93M)

no, none, no video games can recreate this feel of facing a REAL dragon and not some random four legged wyvern

Attached: 1505073263-e5de86e3ab6e42d12d28ef4b6d5e281c.jpg (1645x1200, 682.97K)

image living in a quaint medieval-fantasy village and Gandalf comes knocking on your door

Attached: 1574581459578.jpg (736x981, 136.09K)

Dragon’s Dogma

I'm playing dragon's dogma and it gives me that feel.
best high fantasy action rpg for me.

Sorry, I tried to like DD but I can't get past the cartoony, goofy, WoW-looking graphics enough for it to truly take me to that place of awe and magic like these pics. For me, DD lacks the atmosphere I crave.

no clue who the hell he would be, but i'd let him leave with a bag of pastry and some fruit

The city was completely encircled by mountains and the eagles roosted in them. It took a really long time for Morgoth's forces to find it.

Attached: TN-He-Beheld-a-Vision-of-Gondolin-Amid-the-Snow.jpg (1522x1023, 628.06K)

>all the non monster races in middle earth are based off white europeans
>white europeans are known for exploring literally everything
>no one in this world ever climbs a strange ring of massive mountains

this is just bad writing.

also what did they eat?
look at all that grass and no animals
like 2 or 3 tiny grain fields
a massive road going to? (probably used for trade which the city depended on which means a ton of people outside the mountains must know about this "secret" city )
either a traveler looking at the secret city in full armor which means its super easy to travel over the mountains off the main roads or this is a guard? looking inward? at nothing? pretty useless guard.

again bad writing. bad painting, just no thought other than "it looks cool"

in the trash it goes

For me, it's the Hudson River School

Attached: Albert Bierstadt - Lake Lucerne (1858).jpg (4096x2446, 2.06M)

read the books you fucking embarrassing slack-jawed nimrod

isn't that the city the hobbits visit to get rid of their ring?
there are games of that movie anonkun..

>Tolk*en
Filthy luddite

>that fucking roof can hold up that massive dragon and the extra weight of it landing without collapsing
immersion destroyed.

>doesnt counter anything i said
>hurls insults instead
>tells me the answers and explanations for everything is somewhere else but he cant tell me himself

classic fag behaviour.

This coul be a great location in q video game. just magine, you see a castle, enter then see a forest withinbthe castle

Attached: old-abandoned-military-area-in-hajmasker-hungary_l.jpg (2048x1536, 2.1M)

anyone else beginning to realize video games are just a flawed medium? They aren't good for stories, gameplay is often fun at first but has diminishing returns, they are only enjoyable if the player plays along with their smoke and mirrors designs etc.

the more vidya I play, the more I realize wow Ebert was right, games aren't art.

>They aren't good for stories
How can't they be? A game can accommodate anything from a linear novel-esque narrative to a highly elaborate plot with as many branches and nested sub-plots as needed. The way in which games can fuse gameplay and story is also innovative.

scale is very important in a open world game

Attached: 1648506870274m.jpg (1024x850, 151.06K)

Attached: 1648509673215.gif (640x360, 2.26M)

>some retard actually saved this image
LETS TAKE PLAYER CONTROL OUT OF THE PLAYERS HANDS
JUST admit you want to watch a video game movie and not play a game you fucking faggot
also ER just added a feature to fuck with the camera just cuz of retards like urself

Unironically just wait for Starfield

what a retarded tryhard image, I find myself regularly panning the camera to angles I want to take in the views of Eden Ring (especially in the lakes looking towards the plateau), more so than any other game actually.

I don't need an on-rails system doing it for me, what a shitty take.

Attached: 1473504729447.jpg (1343x2000, 484.84K)

>Dragons Dogma
>WoW graphics
You sure you're not talking about Kingdoms of Amalur?

no I want to lay the video game retarded

fine if you insist

>all the non monster races in middle earth are based off white europeans
this was the first age user, the races of the forefathers of man (houses of beor, haleth, hador, and the easterlings) were not yet defined into the nationalities they would become 7000 years later in the third age

>white europeans are known for exploring literally everything
none of the houses of men were doing any exploring during the first age since beleriand was overrun by orcs and other dangerous creatures of melkor. they basically stuck to their small defended camps in the forest and/or domains under the vassalage of elven-lords.

>no one in this world ever climbs a strange ring of massive mountains
first of all it's hidden by powerful elven glamours and locked away behind seven enchanted gates, as well as protected from the air by the eagles who dwelt in the mountains (servants of manwe)

second of all the entire plot of the tale of tuor is about a single human's journey to find the city and everything that he has to go through to do so

>this is just bad writing.
>also what did they eat?
>look at all that grass and no animals
>like 2 or 3 tiny grain fields
you could make a whole immersive game sim about being an elven farmer growing crops for the gondolindrim in the shadow of the crissaegrim

>a massive road going to? (probably used for trade which the city depended on which means a ton of people outside the mountains must know about this "secret" city )
>either a traveler looking at the secret city in full armor which means its super easy to travel over the mountains off the main roads or this is a guard? looking inward? at nothing? pretty useless guard.

now you're starting to almost get it..
tuor was let in the city *because* he found the ancient armor of vinyamar and had ulmo's guidance with him. the guards practically threw open the gates.
anyways read the books before making cringe edgy illiterate contrarian posts about tolkien

Attached: tuor-and-ulmo-by-alan-lee.png (565x899, 831.67K)

Approaching the Zora domain in BotW is probably the closest I can think of to this.

couldnt people just rebuild the city? i mean its prime real estate

Attached: a1e41362dcb1864a11545ae2baaa6ed5.webm (1417x1490, 1.1M)

>massive empty field so you can thingkin bout life while you zone out until you reach the next colossus
el ludokino...

Attached: 1WYMd63.jpg (641x427, 56.24K)

i didnt know that at the end of the movies they fuck off back to the god realm, i thought they were just going somewhere in middlearth

red pill me on the Silmarillion, i hear its kino and we missed out on some pure gold because he died

Attached: 1649167731754.gif (1080x1080, 2.96M)

It's kino

What an absolute braindead faggot.

Based user absolutely BTFO'ing said braindead faggot.

Attached: 078.jpg (613x1000, 109.56K)

>AAAAAHHHHHH A BIG SPIDER! SAVE ME BALROGS!
So THIS is the power of Melkor?

it and pic related are peak tolkien kino, better (in some ways) than the lord of the rings books imo

they were never finished during his lifetime by compiled faithfully from his notes by his son christopher after his death. i really recommend unfinished tales since it has a bunch of engrossing "short stories" about the heroes of the first age. the silmarillion is more of a 'biblical' or epic saga of the deeds of the valar and the elves in the kino early days of middle-earth

Attached: unfinished tales.jpg (333x500, 29.82K)

>we will never shove all the LOTR stories and info into an AI like AIdungeon and have it write pure gold

maybe in the future well get lucky

It's kino as all hell
His son adapted a few of the major stories of the First Age into standalone narratives (one of which is the tale of Tuor and the fall of Gondolin referenced by the other user) - definitely worth reading on their own merits, independent of the Silmarillion as a whole.

Melkor getting in over his head is effectively his entire character

They can rip them off, though

Attached: creatively bankrupt.jpg (1391x642, 345.96K)

Morgoth on his own just jobs endlessly. The REAL force of evil is his ability to corrupt good men, from Feanor through beyond the Third Age.

test