Why does Gamestop get such a bad rep? Its the last beacon for us gamers to shop at

Why does Gamestop get such a bad rep? Its the last beacon for us gamers to shop at.

Attached: image-of-the-outside-of-a-gamestop-store.jpg (1200x675, 165.2K)

I used to work there. I'm glad I don't anymore.

>Being caught dead in a video game store in 2022
lmao wouldn't be me

walmart
bestbuy
target
but really walmart

i just went on saturday to buy a ps5

Im not a gamer

They arent gaming stores they are big box stores with a gaming section, and you will be lucky to find some stooge to unlock the game case for you

>game store
Kek you all my local ones are 90% TCG and funko pops

theyre the equivalent of taco bell but instead of feeding you horse meat theyre overcharging you for some stoner's second hand cum and resin covered playstation

kek

why are you here?

The customers.
The employees.
The shit management.
The lack of market trends.
The environment.

The bad rep is just gaslighting from digitalfags.
Gamestop is based and redpilled, a true lifelong friend to us gamers

Attached: 1647253616288.png (731x318, 25.32K)

Attached: sander.0.jpg (1400x1400, 202.71K)

Gamestop used to be the only place to buy niche video games. Stuff like JRPGs and shumps that normie stores don't carry. That is the only reason to go there.
Even when you can buy physical online, it was much faster to pre-order at gamestop then pick it up on release day.
Niche games are more rare now a days. Even walmart you can pick up Persona or any Switch game. The last time I bought something from Gamestop was back in 2016 and it was a 3DS game.

people like you going to walmart instead are the issue

>buy new game
>it's not wrapped
>it's like totally new bro, we just took it out to put on the shelf so people can look at the box
>our employees took it home to play but they brought it right back and it's still new

We do not accept this in any other store. Why do we let gamestop get away with it?

That's why second-hand / re-sell stores are the best, you never know what you're going to find

>opens new videogames for no reason just to scratch up your disks and sells them at full price
>loses (i.e. steals shit) from games they open most of the time and tells you you're shit out of luck if you complain about it
>sells used videogames at like 98% the full retail price defeating the purpose
>fucks up pre-orders constantly and never orders enough stock despite knowing how much stock to order being the entire fucking point of pre-orders
>actively scams customers with their retarded trade ins
>online orders get shipped out in envelopes even if it's a fragile box collector's edition
>destroys all their stock when nobody buys overpriced used shit or opened new games, 3/4 of the store is now funko pops and board games older than the people working the counter

The second one in particular, holy shit, the gamestop I went to stole the club nintendo codes from games all the fucking time whenever I bought 3DS games from them. I think that was really the straw that broke the camels back for me. Literally ANY other store was better for buying games from them those faggots.

The straw that broke me was when i ordered Xenoverse with a metal cover and it was dented. No refund or exchange. Fuck them

That blows

>our employees took it home to play but they brought it right back and it's still new
lol we used to check out games before street date. I got heavy rain 2 weeks before release, and would subtly try to spoil it for people. Then the manager got fired and we had to stop doing it.

For gamers by gamers

>retards think gaming would be better if there was no longer a store to buy old games used from, giving the publishers total control

This

Once GameStop goes under, physical media is dead.

Because they bought or drove out of business their competition so they could overcharge on everything.

Who did they have competition with in the last 10 years or so ?

>you need gamestop to buy and sell used games

Ebay exists dumbass. And you'll cut out the jew middleman and make/save more in the transaction.

eBay for sellers sucks now

>pulls new games out of boxes and has the audacity to sell them as new
Never went back since.

Other stores exists even in my small town.

there's literally multiple stores selling way more used games then gamestop in my city.

Where

when was the last time you visited a gamestop faggot, do you live in detroit or some shit they have a whole cabinet underneath the cash register full of wrapped games

>overpriced video games with an even HIGHER chance of someone cumming on your copy
nah

Employees pushed to be naggy on trying to convince you to buy extra shit.
False advertising on """new""" copies.
Bad trade-in prices.
Stickers.

I'm sure that there's more that I'm forgetting, because it's been a long time since I've been there.

The two near me hardly have shit in stock anymore, even with new releases they only get a handful of copies and this is a decently sized town. They never manage to have used copies of anything with a decent price difference vs the new copy. Also the one closest to me got rekt by covid, so I'd pass 3-4 electronics stores on the way to the Gamestop in the ghetto inhabited by feral street children.

I go in there and try to hustle them on trade ins

do you also use gamestop as a bank?

>Was a manager at GS
>Had to consistently deal with retarded directives from Corporate(push their shitty Credit Card that has laughably low limits had a granddad want to buy all his grandchildren Xbox Ones, he applied for the Credit Card so he could just put all gaming purchases for his GC on it, got approved for $1200. We proceeded to laugh and just paid on his Black AMEX card. Never pushed the CC again, quit when DM was doing his weekly manager call because my friend who was a manager of another store said he was on his way to mine to fire me for not pushing the CC).
>Had to deal with druggies trying to trade in obviously stolen shit for cash
>Had to deal with people trading in consoles filled with bees/roaches/ants/chocolate/shit(luckily I was in the back when this happened)
>Had to deal with shitty parents who leave their shitty kids in the store while they fuck off, like its a daycare
The only time I enjoyed that job was when I was doing the marketing by myself on Sunday Mornings. I'd mute the TV so I wouldn't have to listen to whatever bullshit they were spouting on Gamestop TV and just listened to my own music until the I opened the store.

I used to want to work there as a kid so bad

I thinks it's scummy that they paid pennies on the dollar for used games way back when. There are other local business who pay a respectable amount for used games. Still worse than Ebay but that's to be expected.

Glad they're gone. The tranny onions redditors who keep it's stock up are stupid.

This

As somebody who acquired quite a few games in his collection from Gamestop, I don't have a problem with them.

piracy, retard

They used to open new games, put them in covers behind the counter, let employees take them home to play them and charge customers a 'new' price for it.

Because they overcharge out of the ass. 50 bucks for a 3 year old game is ridiculous when it sells for less than 10 dollars on ebay. Also they've become a troon paradise with the sheer amount of funko pop fuckery

are you implying that gamestop has ever been fit for that role

I don't think I've spent money at Gamestop since GTA V came out. The first time that is.

This. This literally happened to me. Wanted a new copy of Dirt 3 on Xbox 360, took the case to the register expecting a brand new, sealed in shrinkwrap copy. He goes to a desk, pulls out the disc in a white sleeve and puts it in that same copy that was on the display case and rung it up as $59.99. Walked right out, went to a Target that was less than a mile away, and got the same exact game still in shrinkwrap and completely untouched for the exact same price.

Fuck Gamestop.

shame on you

They employ women. End of discussion

>NOOOOOO
>IT MUST HAVE A SHRINKWRAP ON IT TO BE NEW (THAT I TEAR UP AND THROW AWAY AFTER 10 SECONDS ANYWAY)
are you retarded?

Attached: 3732784.jpg (397x484, 39.26K)

Gamestop used to get a lot of shit because they keep shilling memberships at the costumer and would basically scam kids for their trade in games but lately Gamestop has had some of the greatest deals you could ever get and btfo of digital sales while also being able to get physical copies. I think the new age of Gamestop haters just hate gamestop because it's a meme and because they're to fat and ugly so they're afraid to go outside and get hit by sun light and have to talk to people to buy their own games physically.

Attached: 16283.jpg (720x720, 64.64K)

The oldest games they sell are wii games and maybe some ds carts, no?

Genuinely speaking why is sports culture less cringier than gaming culture. The only thing that I was thinking is that athletes actually look good and usually exhibit extrovert like qualities while eSports athletes look like shit and act like losers.

Attached: Elden_Ring_combat_1.webm (960x540, 2.17M)

>went to one gamestop
>the clerk was a hot scene girl clearly there for easy money, didn't help or answer any of my questions
>went to another one
>the clerk/manager was a kingdom hearts dude with huge uncut dirty nails, but was really helpful and set me up with a discount
Why is it always one or the other?

Attached: 5231030acc77245c970d7cd560dac687.png (825x825, 194.9K)

For the record, most managers hate that policy too, because its so abusable(inserts/collectables/ect. get "lost") after opening the case. I'd only open 3 copies - 1 for the shelf(which I'd discount if it was the last copy we had on hand) and 2 for the staff to check out so they wouldn't be gutting all the new copies. It was worse when EA was doing the Online Pass bullshit(to combat used game sales) for their games and people would steal the insert codes so people would be pissed when they buy a "new" game and they can't play it online unless they buy the pass.

Don't spend the entire $1 reward they gave you for that post in one place user!

Attached: Intelligent man explaining how to become rich.gif (345x237, 1.87M)

>treats customers like shit, gouges everything
>It's a mess to find anything
>recently the stores have been taken over by random nick knacks n various pop culture nerdy shit

I know, I should've never given money to gamestop.

Is the short squeeze still happening?

It's not about the actual wrapper you retard. It's knowing that the sperm soaked neckbeard behind the counter wasn't "using" my game that I'm paying new price for. If I wanted shady second hand games I just go to ebay and not pay full price.

Meme stonks made me a lot of money last year but it's still a garbage company.

Fuck Walmart, but people like him didn't cause the shit reputation GameStop acquired through offering you $5 for an well maintained game+box+booklet that was still going for $50 new at the time, and then turning around and selling it for $50+. Or offering you $2 for a game missing its booklet or box and still selling it for full price. They got worse when like this user said, they started filling their stores with kitschy bullshit instead of video games and video game peripherals.

You answered your own question. If it's a guy it's always a greasy man child with merch shirts and lice, if it's a real girl it's usually some hot scene / emo girl whose only there for the paycheck and leaves after 6 months.

>buy game """""new"""" without the shrink wrap
>decide I want to sell it because I don't want it anymore
>have to sell it as USED because it doesn't have the shrinkwrap, despite me never even opening the case
fuck off retard. The shrinkwrap literally determines if the game is new or not. You cannot sell a game as NEW without the shrinkwrap. Something Gamestop was able to get away with

Cuck

GameStop stopped selling GameCube and older gen games before 2012.
If I want old used games, there's literally a chain store around me that does just that and more and sells at reasonable prices.

Attached: 1611430172699.jpg (640x360, 18.13K)

They still sell Wii games, right?

6 months is being generous

Yes, everyone I've been to in my area has a Wii section.
The chain is called Movie Trading Company.

Just realized you were asking about GameStop. None of the GameStop's in my area sell Wii games.

I have not seen a game from the 7th gen or before inside an actual game stop

Better than Steam. Steam is dogshit. I have gig internet with DL speeds of over 800MB. Everything is lighting fast except dogshit steam. Been downloading a 50 gig game for the past two hours. Fucking steam is SHIT