Ousama Ranking

Did you guys actually like Ranking of Kings?
I'm only finishing it now, completely missed the threads when they were airing, but the more "development" Miranjo has the less I get what they were trying to go for with her? I keep expecting the show to give me a reason to ever be on her side and it just never comes. At least she has a 10/10 design though (both loli and current)

Attached: 1637275021882.png (1280x720, 859.38K)

Ousama Ranking goes the "all women are queens" route, so the one female character who actually had some selfish intentions was given a tragic backstory to try and justify them.

None of her actions post being a nugget are supposed to be justifiable. If you want sympathy you have to look into the same place Bosse had it with her unjustly having been turned into a nugget. The point isn't really that she's some secret nice person, it's that everyone deserves forgiveness. Whether you can accept that will dictate your level of butthurt.

Attached: file.png (956x978, 773.6K)

It was mediocre but the thread always have some autists defending this series and hailing it like a masterpiece. God forbids anyone trying to make any valid criticism.

I liked some of the first cour. Quickly found the second cour tedious and dropped it. WIT's technical craft was excellent given the art style and I appreciated how the character motivations often had more depth than was immediately apparent. But for whatever reason the show could never really manage to get me to care about the characters which was a big obstacle with how it's written. Bojji in particular just never worked for me. That said I don't think it's terrible or anything and understand how it's really appealing to a lot of people. Just not for me.

honestly the first half or so was great. The second half kind of sucked. Reminds me of Fractale except the art and animation is really fucking good.

Attached: [SubsPlease] Ousama Ranking - 23 (1080p) [6AD0A787]_00_01_37_[22.05.10_.52.15].jpg (1920x1080, 1.36M)

No, fotmshit already forgotten.

the problem with this show is miranjo deserved to be fucked mogged on but because she has a pussy and "she did it for a friend so it's okay" then everybody forgives her which ruins any immersion or realism the story had plot wise.

Also, this dude might be the biggest cuckold in anime history. literally watching on in glee as his waifu gets taken away from him.

Attached: [SubsPlease] Ousama Ranking - 23 (1080p) [6AD0A787]_00_02_04_[22.05.10_.27.08].jpg (1920x1080, 1.3M)

clown won

Attached: ousama ranking clown.jpg (540x302, 35.72K)

I liked it overall. The character designs and overall style made good use of simplicity while keeping everyone visually distinct. Second half had some rocky patches but it was still good overall for me. It's like says with Miranjo. The point wasn't to completely justify her actions. It was to give her a chance at redemption. Redemption is no longer possible when you're dead. You see various characters do questionable things. They may seem justified or empathetic at times as you learn more about their motivations and backstory but it doesn't change the fact that they caused harm. Nevertheless you have Bojji forgive them as they try to make amends. His path to kingship involves forgiveness and nurturing life unlike Bosse or Dessha who relied on violence and deceit.

Desha's design is goofy endearing but these dudes just look retarded as hell

artstyle looked like ass, so I never watched it

Attached: 1648675978688.png (947x886, 1.26M)

Fucking love it.

Last 2 episode kind of shit the bed, but still love the world, and Boji

>snkek complaining about anything looking like ass
that's cute

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 157.05K)

>muh miranjo
Please kill yourself retard.

that's the type of ass I can get behind

ranking of kings weird kiddie fantasy art is gross

>kiddie
>likes "baby's first dark and '''''mature''''' anime"
Oh. Okay. I see what type of person we're dealing with.

Attached: 0252dd61196972c6ccf4eef8e40ad8b0.png (323x310, 79.34K)

It was really good, for the first third or so.

It's the complete opposite. It shows that the king is above everyone else and can marry whoever he pleases.

Was anyone else completely turned out in every scene Ouken was in? He got my tip sticky for real.

This, it takes a real king to help and try to forgive even horrible people.

Some series forgive the woman much easier just because she's a woman (what the fuck Now and Then, Here and There) but RoK tried to forgive and redeem everyone.

You can't see their relationship as a mother-son one or something, instead of something fitting a buzzword?

All this being said, I think making the mysterious, terrifying devil yet another victim was a bit too much, even if I like it's story individually.

Attached: file.png (871x892, 1.17M)

>All this being said, I think making the mysterious, terrifying devil yet another victim was a bit too much, even if I like it's story individually

Agreed, I think it would’ve been a nice touch if all of the human ‘bad guys’ in the show had a back story explaining why they do what they do, except for the one final bad guy behind it all who is truly evil for the sake of evil because it’s his nature and for no other reason.

After all, that’s often how it is IRL, maybe 90% of “bad” people have some circumstances one way or another explaining why they turned out bad, but there’s always going to be that 10% who are just psychopaths, and they’re typically the ones who first start the chain reactions of bad deeds breeding bad people. Until someone good like Bojji ends the cycle with forgiveness (theoretically anyways).

>Was anyone else completely turned out in every scene Ouken was in?
How could anyone not be

Attached: ass.png (561x615, 159.02K)

This show is garbage

I loved the show a lot. The second half definitely had some problems but overall I thought it was great. I just wish the manga was fully translated so more people could discuss it because it's everything i wanted from a series like this.
>I think making the mysterious, terrifying devil yet another victim was a bit too much
Yeah, I thought it was way cooler when it was some big, scary wish making demon, though I do like the non corrupted demon designs.
>The point wasn't to completely justify her actions. It was to give her a chance at redemption.
This. I don't get why people keep assuming the point is to just ignore all of Miranjo's actions. She never had a chance at a proper life and this is just her chance to have one while atoning for all the shit she did.

Attached: frostychocolatebosse.png (700x1740, 1.04M)

had a promising start, but then went to shit.
it´s even worse than BnHA. at least it doesnt pretend its smth different.

>the king of your country will never pardon a war criminal and make her his wife despite her being at least twice his age

While it was airing the threads generally liked the beginning but admitted the show declined hard and once Miranjo got her "comeuppance" it was irredeemable.

Read the manga. We have psychopaths.

>Read the manga. We have psychopaths.
There's so many weirdos in the second arc.
and somehow this is the good guy

Attached: sadie.png (708x1000, 443.28K)

Agree about everything including the design. But the designs are top tier in general in my opinion.
Miranjo's part was the only subplot I think should have been different, but I was too busy caring about other stuff to be angry about it like others. At least now it's time for the weekly manga that I enjoy quite more than the first story for a few reasons.

Attached: FSP2f40aIAA_CFK.jpg (1181x1472, 193.12K)

The pacing really cratered in the 2nd half with oukem imo because all the dialogue turned into redundant Dbz tier exposition and Ouken ended up as a pretty shitting majin buu clone

It immediately went to shit after Bojji got his powerup. He was actually struggling before with trying to grow, then he's just made the strongest instantaneously and it's played completely straight.

Most of the characters are top tier for me and among the best of the year 2021 (and 2022 anyway) which makes it so strange that I am conflicted about Bojji.
He needs some serious development, his naivety and childishness is the only part I don't like about the later chapters. If he doesn't develop he might piss me off the same way adult Goku is pissing me off. His idiocy and tone-deafness makes watching DB series almost impossible to me. The contrast is even stronger when the rest of the cast is pretty well written and dealing with actual serious shit.

Miranjo is cute so all is forgiven

Attached: 06s628.png (1920x1080, 1.49M)

I feel like the author likes this, can't wait for his naked ass scene.

I generally agree with the sentiment of your post despite the awkwardly phrased
>Did you guys actually like Ranking of Kings?
Yes, I did very much. I think Miranjo should've been shown actually repenting for her actions, as in showing her do good deeds. Instead of making her a queen T-minus 1 hour after she was hell bent on killing Bojji. The message
>hate the sin, not the sinner
is a good rule in theory, but in order to get it across you'll need a better example than what they tried pulling with Miranjo in this show.

I loved every moment of the show, even the battling parts everyone threw a bitch fit over.

Attached: daida n miranjo.png (1391x874, 1.73M)

I didn't like Miranjo's ending but the series could make up for it depending on how her story is handled when she appears again.
If they take the redemption part seriously and she actually repents in an interesting way it might retroactively make me feel different about it. But it might take a while till they get back to it. Honestly for some reason the story about Ouken and Kage grabbed my attention more. I am much more interested seeing more of these two characters or the big four.

Attached: bad end route.jpg (1310x1754, 360.74K)

The battling parts were the good parts of the last chunk of the show
One of the problems for me in the last quarter or so was the wacky pacing and just Ouken coming out of nowhere randomly taking up 10 episodes. Good character and backstory for sure but I dunno, really devalued the climax for me.

I don't think I skipped OP 2 a single time. Absolute banger.

I personally enjoyed the backstories and pacing for the most part, even in the last bit of the show. Which is when there's arguably the most important backstories being dropped. As much as I love Ouken, I do agree that seeing the battle between him and everyone for 2.5 episodes felt repetitive.
>Good character and backstory for sure but I dunno, really devalued the climax for me.
I thought the climax was the fight between Bosse and Bojji, not ouken being batted out into space. Are you referring to how the build up to the climax was taken up by ouken?

The Super Mario bros, Hilling and Doumas were the highlights

There's more to being strong than just brute force, if bosse's downfall was anything to learn from

>ouken being batted out into space
When Bosse crushed him into a ball I genuinely thought he was going to home run Ouken into the stratosphere.

Attached: 1646966513014.jpg (4093x2894, 1.62M)

After having read the translated chapters I agree with some that the Satun related chapter should have absolutely been adapted, especially considering that the gods are built up as the big bads the more the series progresses and everybody liked the war flashback IIRC.
On the other hand there were too many Bosse flashbacks imo, it started to drag. The one about the war of the Hyouma and such were completely fine, but in general it dragged and it should have been in only one or two episodes. It felt to as if every episode after episode 16 or something had to have at least one longer Bosse flashback even if Bosse wasn't even relevant and they were fighting Ouken right now.

>On the other hand there were too many Bosse flashbacks imo, it started to drag. The one about the war of the Hyouma and such were completely fine, but in general it dragged and it should have been in only one or two episodes. It felt to as if every episode after episode 16 or something had to have at least one longer Bosse flashback even if Bosse wasn't even relevant and they were fighting Ouken right now.
True, had all of bosse's and Miranjo's flashbacks were handled into one episode instead of being sprinkled throughout where they don't fit, there would've been more room for better moments like the Satun chapter or explaining Ouken's descent into madness on a better level.

>the Satun related chapter should have absolutely been adapted
They even referenced it in the artbook. It's baffling that of all the things they left out, they chose one of the best scenes with the underworld bros.

The whole anime felt a bit unbalanced in the second half think this is the problem most people have, not even the actual content so much. Imagine they had dumped all of the Bosse story into one episode and maybe cut a few parts, adapt Ouken's backstory fully and Despa + Bebin's backstory partially instead, to show us their dynamic and why Bebin even knew him which was never explained in the anime.
You can easily cut some scenes with the beasts in episode 14 too or where it was to make room for these flashbacks instead. Instead every fight got interrupted to shove in another backstory related to Bosse like some daily ritual we have to go through while other important parts lack context.

>but there’s always going to be that 10% who are just psychopaths
That's basically the Gods though right? At least some of them.

The author lost the plot. Literally. Ousama has pretty good world building and lore which is what I liked about it.

Yeah. There is also Geslan and his commander too. I think series need some genuinely evil crazy shitters sometimes because as the other user has said, many or even most real life mass murderers are the opposite of traumatized, they are usually people born in privileges and unable to give them up and they are raised believing the people they rule over are subhuman, this is why they don't have a problem with mass killings.
It's why villains work especially well when they are kings or gods or something because it makes more sense there, psychologically.

>many or even most real life mass murderers are the opposite of traumatized, they are usually people born in privileges and unable to give them up and they are raised believing the people they rule over are subhuman, this is why they don't have a problem with mass killings.
Not even close. That attitude might have been more common at one point hundreds of years ago, but the "average" mass murderer, for as much as that distinction is relevant given the extremeness of mass murder and wide variety of people that do it, is some schulb trying to be hard and has a weapon that can relatively easily kill multiple people.

Loved it until they fucked it up with the sympathy for the devil shit and the unnecessary romance. Bah.

The biggest mass murderers are politicians not random amok runners.
And even with them the myth of the poor bullied kid is usually just their own narrative. Just like shitty politicians have their own narrative in which they are always the victims even if they kill a million people.

WHEN is he usually uploading chapters? On Fridays?

Attached: FSP1Tc7aAAAtWyS.jpg (960x768, 294.33K)

Will this get a second season?

They should in order to unfuck the ending they went with.

Nobody knows desu.
Since anime rely more on streaming and a billion other things it has become almost impossible to say which anime was successful and which wasn't. Back in the good old days you mostly just looked at the BD/DVD sales but everything nowadays sells like one fractale.

It's OK because she's cute

She couldn't handle the dad's dong, so she went for the son. This is some weird coping/cucking.