Why are so many people who call themselves anime "fans" utterly ignornat about old anime...

Why are so many people who call themselves anime "fans" utterly ignornat about old anime? And by old I mean anime that didn't come out in the last 10 years.
9/10 anime fans I've spoken to had never heard about Ashita no Joe.

Attached: AshitanoJoe.png (640x480, 146.13K)

back to retirement home grandpa

Everyone here, other than tourists and crossboarders, has seen most classics including AnJ. You should stop interacting with normalfags.

Most anime fans lately are too lazy to look at older anime because it’s not flavour of the month shit. If it’s not on Netflix they don’t care.

anime didnt exist until Steins gate in 2011 idiot. Anything before that is heresy. The only exception is death note.

Also what is everyone else watching prior to 2000. Im just about to start creamy mami.

Why do you keep making this stupid fucking thread? How many fucking times do you need this question answered?

fan is short for fanatic, not expert

Attached: Muh old anime.webm (640x480, 2.41M)

What gives you children the right to get uppity over having read a wikipedia article about classic cartoons?? You probably hadn't heard of Joe either until last year and I can guarantee there are tons of famous so-called masterpieces you've dismissed or never heard of.

Attached: 12569.jpg (300x429, 58.49K)

Why lie? More importantly, why are you still here with the "plebs" that you disdain?

Because there are thousands of anime out there and you can't expect someone to know and watch the same ones as you. You watch anime for fun, you don't need to be "well informed" or pretend you're an expert.

Here's a shocking theory: people have preferences.
And I hate to break it to you but 90% of people "into" anime these days are mostly into shonenshit or whatever is the flavor of the month.
I'll be lucky to run into anyone who knows what FMA or Bebop are anymore

faggot

>there are tons of famous so-called masterpieces you've dismissed or never heard of.
name 10

Old doesn't mean good. A lot of old anime/manga is boring and has been re-done by modern authors but better and more interesting.

>And by old I mean anime that didn't come out in the last 10 years.
Seriously?

Otaku from the 60s that watched the earliest anime could say the same about you who aren't looking back at that decade.

>I'll be lucky to run into anyone who knows what FMA or Bebop are anymore
No way this is real

>gimmie recommendations so I pretentiously name drop them later
Casshern
Tekkaman
Cyborg 009
Kurenai Sanshirou
Ichi to Sabu
Time Bokan
Legend of the Blue Wolves
Tiger Mask
Kyojin no Hoshi
Samurai Giants

Retard take.

Which is a lie, you pretentious faggot. Even normies know of "muh hey joe" movie ending.

>normies

I've heard of at least 4 of those but mostly through other entries in their franchises.
Cyborg 009 was remade in 2001 I watched that as a kid, I've heard of the 70s anime because Kanada worked on it, I know he did the opening at least.
I know Tekkaman has a 90s remake that Masami Obari worked on, Detonator Orgun was a prototype for this.
Casshern, I know about Casshern sins but have not inreracted with the franchise beyond this.
I also watched episodes of Tiger Mask 2 as a kid, I remember the dude who looked like the green goblin and had poisoned fangs.
Some of the other ones have come upon my ears once or twice but I don't know more about them.

Because for most people it's just a hobby for them to relax and enjoy.

As in anime normies.

You know that some "oldfags" will turn their noses up to Casshern, Tekkaman, and Time Bokan on account of being children's anime with toylines.

Ashita no Joe, Lupin, Gundam 0079, Yamato, Harlock and Roses of Versailles is the bare minimum you need to know as an anime fan otherwise it's like calling yourself a film buff but not knowing what Citizen Kane is

because you touch yourself at night

What would you say are the distinct elements Obari puts into everything he works on, something that immediately tells you he drew the scene you're watching?

The bare minimum as dictated by someone who hates anime but just wants to watch famous works solely to gain a sense of superiority, neat.

Attached: [Saizen-HnG]_Ashita_no_Joe_-_42_[DVD][814C06BA].webm_snapshot_00.14_[2022.05.09_06.19.56].jpg (640x480, 25.68K)

>Obari puts into everything he works on, something that immediately tells you he drew the scene you're watching?
Striking poses with the chest pointing out you know it when you see it it's Obari as fuck

Tekkaman Blade overshadows the original series a lot, but I kinda prefer the original.

>And by old I mean anime that didn't come out in the last 10 years.
This, anime fans nowadays don't know about Death Note, TTGL, Steins;Gate and K-On!

>just wants to watch famous works
What's wrong with this? Why should someone prioretize watching Time Bokan over Ashita no Joe

I want a re-adaption of the Phoenix manga. The anime chopped up the story of Karma to fit the ova structure.

Attached: ph_karma_hd.jpg (800x450, 243.47K)

Well first of all I'd argue Time Bokan is way more influential than Joe
And second restraining yourself to such a narrow point of view, believing you know which works are "real" classics, you will only end up blinded by ignorance

>I'd argue Time Bokan is way more influential than Joe
No you wouldn't
>yourself to such a narrow point of view, believing you know which works are "real" classics, you will only end up blinded by ignorance
What's the alternative? Making a list of all pre-2000 anime and watching them in random order like a spotify playlist?

Many people who call themselves anime fans have no interest in the medium and only want "hype" and the social media posting that current shows generate.
I started watching anime as a hobby in 2012 and I have no problem with older shows because I grew up on 90s/early 2000 anime.
Also this is not a phenomena exclusive to anime, many people that call themselves "gamer" can't even touch a PS2 game.

Attached: 1648808383201.png (1000x924, 221.54K)

>anime buff
citizen kane sucked balls too

>>No you wouldn't
Yeah I would. It completely reshaped the face of the genre, much like Gundam did for mecha. Joe is also massively, massively influential, just not as much.
Dunno what spotify is but watching random shit is probably better than tricking newcomers into thinking they only need to watch a small handful of series to be cultured or whatever

Time Bokan is also mecha tho.

I meant mecha by the western definition, giant robots
Not the Japanese definition which is just machines

There are literally giant robots in Time Bokan.

Is there even a single actual complete anime with a satisfying ending from the pre-2000s? One that tells a complete story and isnt just vol 1-3 of a 25vol manga.

>hard mode
not a mecha either

But it's not the same as a work like Gundam or Mazinger.

Literally Ashita no Joe

You need to know all this crap like Tokyo Ghoul, Attack on Titan, Hunter x Hunter, Spy x Family, Kaguya-sama to even be considered a modern anime fan. A decade from now, people will be calling these classics and nobody will want to watch them, rightfully so.

>Oh you are an anime fan?
>Name every anime

Most of those are trash, though.

Yeah, there's a ton of them. You can even get 40 episode adaptations of 3 volume manga.

Attached: uUzvQ3lML_bkIqyakc1vFs5m5vWpmdnzwFmHSWX0ZqoTyGv9e4mU65Pf6Nlqej71G6jQvvV6QBM5i_V5yVuqvPggjV0KZJmI6qarp_rdzdthS_xufE6F52y1-gxxHDDyQg0LBnVPselPhNN-asR5gR-8kgx7k6h95dS-2LG56yTMaXUmRsPWlo5eqZIUHth8iYs86V7rOODQ0PJrbwcyK6Y_npvOxrZ17twVZj1saII=.jpg (768x576, 44.15K)

Are you saying Ashita no Joe is comparable to SpyxFamily and Tokyo Ghoul? You probably have never heard of AnJ before you saw this thread I bet

>Also this is not a phenomena exclusive to anime, many people that call themselves "gamer" can't even touch a PS2 game
This, same with music or movie "fans", they don't know shit about things from before they were born

A kid here thinks Detonator Orgun is some kind of profound work I don't see why its unreasonable to view that trash the same way

Ashita no Joe is a lot more popular than those two.

What does AnJ have to do with Detonator Orgun?
no it isn't

Funnily enough, the guy that designed the original Gundam also designed Yatter-Wan.

Ashita no Joe is just some boxing sports anime, Tokyo Ghoul is a masterpiece about what it means to truly lose your humanity and explores the philosophy behind consumption itself. Spy x Family is the pinnacle of comedy, masterfully blending animation with spy cartoon aesthetics and a healthy sprinkle of slice of life.
fanboys will be fanboys

It is. Contrary to what you might think the world population isn't entirely made up of teenagers.

they are too busy watching moeshit

Nobody wants to spend time developing good taste anymore, they just want to eat garbage.

Attached: finalanime3x3.jpg (3264x2075, 2.2M)

Names?

Attached: 1652097886805.webm (960x720, 2.87M)