Villains are poor and low born

>villains are poor and low born
>heroes are from noble lineages
Why does no one talk about Jojo's classist themes?

Attached: ELXDViaXsAA4HYe.jpg (1200x675, 87.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wQCZOO3-gfs?t=49
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Speedwagon in the same part also starts as a criminal off the street, but is inspired by Jonathan's heroism and reforms himself.

Araki is very conservative. That's old news

dio is the hero of jojo

Josuke and Kira were both average guys. Giorno lived basically the same life as Dio before joining the mafia

>Josuke and Kira were both average guys
Josuke's greatgrand father is literally a nobleman and Kira clearly comes from the historical upperclass if you look at his parents. What are you on about?

Maybe my memory is just poor but I feel like there's a line specifically saying that even if dio wasn't born poor he would still be evil

Based. Where I live it's always the opposite in fiction, and yet 80% of terrible experiences I had involved poor people. I hate poor people so much.

Speedwagon says something about it
youtu.be/wQCZOO3-gfs?t=49
America? They're known to prefer the opposite of across the poind, loving their rags to riches, starting from nothing, hard work and simple beginnings ect. Or is it somewhere like Brazil where the cultural zeitgeist would be unknown to a foreigner, no offence

Yeah buts it not like josuke grew up with any of that wealth or status Jonathan had.

Josuke is literally a bastard raised by a single mother and his grandpa.

You're good. Brazil.

I'll be honest, you could draw a map where half of it taken up by Brazil and throw a dart to decide my guess and I'd have a 50% chance of being correct. Also also I just know a person from such a country would mostly be dealing with these aforementioned dregs who truly would be reproachable. In places with less par policing, if the country's poor, the poor are at their worst since they have it the worst. The poor in first world countries are often too pacified to worry and rage about not being able to buy sportscars and big houses because they're not starving. A bored dog doesn't bite, a hungry dog does.

Of course there is the underclass, scum in every country, but their lack of wealth isn't what characterises them. They're chronically poor: They would spend their last bit of money on a scratch card, they make sure they can buy booze before they check if they can pay rent. They're not starving dogs, nor bored, dogs, they're simply rabid who don't know what they're meant to want without looking at their neighbour's bowl

well put. Good post

>lumpenproletariat are retarded

Because it's generally true.

The majority of poor people is poor because they are lacking in intellect or character to become wealthy, which also tends to correlate with anti-social behaviour.

Dio was a prole but he wasn't lumpen at all. In fact he was obsessed with his whole new world order ideas

Araki even glorifies nazism. I always thought Jojo as a whole was kind of yikes but this just takes the cake I guess. A shame since it defies gender norms

So when does the second batch of episodes release?

In my opinion you're 100% correct

My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where all the villas are, and I am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but I occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last check-up. I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life. I take care not to trouble myself with any enemies, like winning and losing, that would cause me to lose sleep at night. That is how I deal with society, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Although, if I were to fight I wouldn't lose to anyone.

Attached: 1606052567274.jpg (300x460, 34.59K)

So inspiring.

>After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning.

God, I wish that were me.

Never ever

>aristocracy is noble
>paupers and hobos are shitstains
Sounds correct to me, you are just so used to modern world propaganda in entertainment portraying aristocracy as corrupt and evil, when reality is usually the opposite

American political elite is aristocracy in all but name, are you saying they are not corrupt and evil?

dio's poverty was a smokescreen for his true nature. speedwagon reveals this in the scene in the manor. i think it has more to do with phantom blood being a story about naive good and cunning evil.

but you're right, it is hard to think of a joestar that doesn't come from a background of wealth. even johnny was a superstar before he was crippled and his family discarded him

>it is hard to think of a joestar that doesn't come from a background of wealth.
Josuke might not have lived in poverty but it's pretty clear he didn't have direct access to any Joestar wealth. More than once, he's only involved with the plot of a story as a way to earn some fast money. And I'm pretty sure Giorno just flat-out grew up poor.

the theme of jojo up to part six is the "inheritors" vs the "self made"
all the jojos inherit the wills of others, while their enemies are traditionally self made.
they flip this in part six and the entire cast fucking dies

no user there's nothing corrupt about the ruling class, now shut up and eat your bugs

>aristocracy
>Most of elite families have 100-150 years of story
Do americans really think like this?

Part 9 emporio lands

The American class system is almost entirely wealth based.

The real hero of part 7

Attached: funny valentine.png (400x589, 404.73K)

That's just how the world works, user.

Attached: [YuiSubs] Platinum End - 13 (NVENC H.265 1080p)-[06.37.479-07.03.048].webm (854x480, 2.88M)

why are there so many "villains" like this in anime? Is it because Japan has a superficiality problem and authors like to critique that or is it a commentary on Japan's history towards beauty?

>this whole post
god, pls, go back

Fall

Attached: Screenshot_20220326-093121_YouTube.jpg (1911x1080, 247.28K)

Giorno is the real villain of part 5, he used the anti-drug rhetoric to inspire others and take control of Passione.
He didn't have a tragic past with drugs so why would he care so much? Frankly he doesn't seem to care about anything.

Speedwagon's existence defies Dio's notions that he has to be a thieving douchebag to amount to anything in life.

Stroheim was a hero and he was written in the 80's, Araki was not just ahead of his time but ours as well.

Attached: Strohuem.jpg (467x305, 144.52K)

>rich fuck adopts you
>Live in the lap of luxury
>Better son to him than his blood

>Drift into your vices
>Indulge your base cruelty
>Make enemies with your oafish step-brother out of needless spite
>Attempt to assassinate your benefactor

If Dio Brando was a decent person, the story would just have been Great Expectations.

Gotta make sure you pay for at least a few more years of Netflix.

Attached: FR2xurTXwAE4F83.jpg (952x1280, 173.69K)

poors are fucking animals, this is nothing new.

>Kira, it's you!!! You're the Japanese Psycho?!!

Koochie did not say that.

what country are you from?

Because the class shit didn't matter when Dio was basically doing EVERYTHING in his free ability to make Jonathan's life a living hell and dismantle/steal everything that could have been his. Dio wasn't a desperate thief out for survival, he was a selfish egotistical monster out to take whatever he wanted. Those beginning themes mean nothing.

Based sigma male grindset. Wish more anime character were like this. It's gets tiring after watching same naive juvenile characters for 100th time.

Attached: file.png (1080x1450, 1.11M)

fpbp

Kars was is implied to be at the top of the social hierarchy of his civilization and had servants. Dio himself has gained wealth and lives in a mansion by the time of Stardust Crusaders. Kira is upper middle class and the manager of a department store, and was stated to live in the fancy part of Morioh, drives a fancy car himself. Diavolo is literally a mafia boss. Pucci is middle class, as far as we can see.

In part 1 the only visible wealthy characters are Jonathan and his dad. We don't know about Erina or Zeppeli. Also, Caesar was dirt poor with a bunch of brothers and sisters to take care of, and still helped Joseph. It's the same with Okuyasu, who literally lives in an abandoned house. Avdol lives in an island by himself, so we can probably guess he doesn't have a lot of wealth to begin with. Most of Giorno's companions are middle class or lower.

Attached: 1467713856044.gif (480x358, 1.16M)

>Dio himself has gained wealth and lives in a mansion by the time of Stardust Crusaders
Its clearly shown that dio became a fuckhead during his upbringing, as soon as he came to the mansion he was malicious and greedy

He was always malicious and greedy. He had planned to steal from Jonnathan and take over George's wealth even before he met him.

>you are the same economic class as your great-grandparents, regardless of your wealth and actual situation
Are you sure that's how it works (is defined)? Would you say that ALL of the people related to Genghis Khan are of the highest economic class today?

Thats what im saying, he wasnt made greedy because of luxury, he became greedy and malicious because of his ego + being poor

if being poor was what made him evil, then being adopted into a wealthy family should have changed that, but it didn't. instead just made it worse since it gave him the tools to do even worse things.

He had an ego, he would destroy any poor shitter in chess and he thought that he deserved more than everyone around him. Being adopted into a wealthy family didnt change anything because he was already a teenager with malice before he was adopted, if he was immediately born into the joestar family without having grown up in a shithole as himself, with the shit dad he had, he would have been like Jonathan

Nigger, Kira is literally represented as an autistic retard

I'm pretty sure that Diego's backstory in steel ball was inspired by a tezuka osamu story. I don't recall which one it was maybe dororo had a mother feeding her child with soup out of her hands

He isnt autistic or retarded. Hes deranged, but he secures milf coochie, everyone thinks hes a normal dude, and he runs a business so he cant be that bad at communicating

The Roosevelts are part of a rich Dutch family for 400 years and FDR almost destroyed the US with the New Deal. So yes, American aristocrats are evil. Also Eleanor was a commie too.