My mom told me about Fujimoto Tatsuki's "Goodbye Eri" today

She read some normalfag article about him. It was in a different language, I was surprised to see an article in that language about him (not picrel).
The article was talking about how he was introducing new ideas and breakthroughs to a dry medium which is “split up into only 3 genres, gag, battle shonen or isekai” and by using film techniques was revitalizing the industry and how he's a creative genius, and how he portrays intimate human depth or some shit and so on.
I kept saying how he didn’t introduce anything new, how he copy+pasted elements from everywhere (FLCL Abara etc), how uses panels like film storyboards is not new whatsoever, how I used to like him but now after hearing that he's a genius 24/7 he's only doing this gay pretentious shit, and he was a friendless autistic loner which means he sucks at writing humans (like Gege).
And then my mom became a typical shonenspic and started the consolewar tactic of listing sales and saying how he is super popular now and won awards and stuff.
I said in that case what do you think about Marvel? (She doesn't like Marvel.)

Anyway this actually happened and the point of this thread is, Jesus Christ, first of all I shouldn't have sperged out but I can't believe my parents would come to ME to talk about manga that THEY read about. How is Fujimoto this popular

Attached: kinooooo.png (1171x1240, 1003.75K)

>he does it for free

What? Are you talking about jannies? This thread is perfectly valid, I'm raising a discussion topic related to Fujimoto, a mangaka, and using a personal anecdote to introduce the topic.

My mom has quora account and she knows about dungeon meshi and made me order online those english books.

Based thread. Fujimoto is over rated as fuck with normies that don't read enough seinen & underground shonen.

>normies

Yes that's correct.

FujiGod just destroyed OP's family without moving a finger

Ye but don't worry its better than fujimoto having you by the balls.

So Fujimoto got you and your mom to argue. Kek. Also whoever wrote the article is probably a trend chasing hack cock sucker.
FUCKING BASE.

You really need to take a break from the board for a while man, by how hard you went off on her I would have guessed your mom called you a huntertard or something.

Your mom is based and you're a gigafaggot

Yeah, instead Fujimoto is having his way with OP’s mom.

Hope he's having a "fun" time.

did you really need to make a thread to blog post your argument with you fucking mom?

Cool story, bro.

So instead of using this opportunity to bond with your mother over a shared interest, you decided to instead be a retard and berate her for not being a jaded, overly cynical autist like youself?

>The article was talking about how he was introducing new ideas and breakthroughs to a dry medium which is “split up into only 3 genres, gag, battle shonen or isekai” and by using film techniques was revitalizing the industry and how he's a creative genius, and how he portrays intimate human depth or some shit and so on.
it's really amazing how clueless journalists are when it comes to anime and manga.

How old are you & your parents?

42, 59 why?

>you decided to instead be a retard and berate her for not being a jaded, overly cynical autist like youself?
Not him but the article & the mother were both just ignorant you dumb faggot.

you act like a bratty child

>you decided to instead be a retard and berate her for not being a jaded, overly cynical autist like youself?
Not him Wtf are you on about nigger? the article & the mother were both ignorant you dumb faggot.

I hope this story is made up.

Huh? i wrote one of those the other i discarded. Fuck off.

I would probably do the same OP, ignore the teenagers

Did she even read Goodbye Eri?

& what did you learn from it?

Update
I bumped into my mom, she said she realized she was just like those random netizen sheep that read "X is good!!!!" and instantly believes it as gospel and that she knows some of those articles are literally paid advertisements and that I had a lot of manga knowledge so (etc.)
I kinda got the feeling that she was feeling down on herself, especially with the whole "I'm just a sheep who gets brainwashed easily" kinda vibe she was giving off
So I said a bunch of stuff like "I mean if you only read 1 article about Fujimoto, and it said good things about him, of course you'd have a good impression of him. It's not like you read an article about him being bad. That's just common sense. I'm also pretty easily brainwashed by people online *cough cough Yea Forums* so we have that in common."
I think it ended okay.

Attached: 1305489208004.png (315x439, 171.49K)

That's good to hear, happy to hear a nice ending to this.

Attached: Yotsuba_by_RenegadeOfTrance.jpg (2403x2190, 516.31K)

Cool end of story bro. Hope everyone learned something about the dangers of fake news & the passing of information.

I which I had something to share with my parents

Woah it must be nice be a zoomer, my mom is gen x and grew up surrounded by actual boomers so basically always had the taste of an old lady and most the reference she gets are of cartoon we used to watch together. Someday you will miss these times.

Use this opportunity to bond with your mom, user.
I watched Hanasaku Iroha with my mom and she really liked it, i cherish those memories.

R.I.P.

I shared hellsing with my mom. She likes vampire.

So happy this story had a happy ending and that you reconciled with your mom, user

Goodbye eri was pretty good, im glad kino man is taking the chance to do more out-there stuff while he is still popular

it was the same pretentious shit that all of his works incorporate
>muh movies
>muh melodramatic family issues
>muh stronk women

Based mom.

so instead of saying "hey mom here are manga that i think are good and why i like them" he got into a fight with his mom. You can even still tell her the same shit without it being an argument.

Shut the fuck up nigger its over now, stop trying to stir some more pot. Both him & his mom moved on already.

I have her on the phone right now and she says she's very upset

> (FLCL Abara etc),
Explain, what elements of flcl are there?
> how uses panels like film storyboards is not new whatsoever
Who did this before? Genuine question, it´s not like I don´t belive you, just want to know.

Tezuka already doing it decades ago in his many works.

Tell her to ask if fujimoto could y,know console her.....

Him & lots of other mangaka too including gekiga authors.

>how I used to like him but now after hearing that he's a genius 24/7 he's only doing this gay pretentious shit
A trademark of the uneducated, you don’t care about quality you just don’t want to have popular opinions. A contrarian in the truest sense of the word

>I said in that case what do you think about Marvel? (She doesn't like Marvel.)
What did she say?

I watched "The girl who leapt through time" with my mom and she really liked it

Happy ending, OP.
Now make sure to introduce your mom to real good stuff.

Mom has better taste then you.

I want to fuck your mom in front of you.

Not him but you're a retard.

Pic of your mom? Preferably naked

Did you actually say
>cough cough Yea Forums
in your concession?

*brainwashed you to suck my dick*
nothin personnel there champ

What are some shared anime/manga you share with your mother? My mom was into anime before me and kinda got me interested in the medium with series like: Kiki's Delivery Service, Death Note, Black Lagoon, Rosario Vampire, and Hell Girl

I showed her Paranoia Agent, WEP, Sonny Boy, EVA, and Kaiji.

Attached: 1249985718450.jpg (622x647, 75K)

My mom despises and belittles me for everything I like. It's good that I never have to listen to her miserable nagging again.

listen just because you don't like to do self reflection to improve yourself and your future interaction thats your business but maybe the shit just never occur to him. Its cool to be able to make a mistake recognize it and change for the better instead of just moving on and forgetting about it and pretending you weren't a piece of shit to somebody you love over nearly nothing in the grand scheme of things. And how many more times are you going to treat someone like shit then expect them to forgive you.

but you probably have autism and are a child so i who cares i'm not writing anymore

is Yea Forums nagging as bad as your mother's?