Utawarerumono

It's time to rise, Utawarerumono bros

New season confirmed as 28 episodes, with first broadcast being a double episode

New KV and new PV

youtu.be/o6maNjr7Exs

Attached: FRPB5W0VIAA1nYW.jpg (832x1200, 247.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sZbMa4JIv18
files.catbox.moe/1vzmlg.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But etuwaku is dead now so what's the point.

Plus the sequel is not an eroge, so double what's the point.

28 episodes is something, but double cour length didn't help MoD adaptation to be a complete garbage. Also the same artist did character designs so we get those dorky small faces instead of what we could have.

Attached: 1650948372165.jpg (1920x1080, 248.82K)

MoD anime designs were great though.

No.

Attached: 1650948565272.png (1024x1490, 1.81M)

Great, as an anime-only I can't wait. It's been 6 years since itsuwari no kamen, it was one of the earlier anime I got invested in on a weekly basis. I don't know how itsuwari no kamen compared to the source material but I thought it was great, I just hope this one lives up

I don't see anything particularly wrong with that image.

It looks good.

I was just getting into this, the story reminds me of Dororo. I'm glad to hear its getting another season, with a whopping 28 episodes no less.

There a lot of scenes I looking forward. Hopefully they won't fuck it up this time

I am sad about FujiKei again.

nice

>28 Episodes
I mean they could do it if they skim a lot of the SoL in Ennakamuy but man it would be surprising if they even make it decent.

>how itsuwari no kamen compared to the source material
It doesn't hold a candle to the source material. Just put the game on auto mode, It's fully voiced.

They were, though.

Attached: bratty loli abuse.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

MoD's adaptation suffered from unnecessarily swapping around the order of the story, on top of basically creating an anime original ending.
It'll be interesting to see how they walk that one back.

Did everything wrong.

Attached: Utawarerumono_ Mask of Truth_20190111234048_2.jpg (1920x1080, 265.5K)

The anime says otherwise.

Yep. Poor Haku.

>Worthless character
>Worthless unit
Like pottery.

>>Worthless character
Are we even reading the same VN?
>>Worthless unit
Let me guess, you played in normal mode? Never touched the post-game stages?

>Nekone simps
Gross.

Attached: 1357785543548.jpg (401x385, 89.77K)

>No arguments
Just as expected

Neat, an Utaware thread. I binged through Uta2 and 3 the last couple of days after reading the original years back and wanted to vent my thoughts about the games to see if people were of the same mind about it.

MoD is a fine enough prequel game, a lot of the minor gripes I might have with the game can mostly get brushed away by the fact that it was very clearly written with a sequel in mind. Stuff like amping up Haku's carefreeness only serves to make the shift into Oshtor in MoT much clearer how much he's sacrificing. My main complaint about the game is that Oshtor's death doesn't really feel all that earned. When the first Nekone prank scene happened I could easily see that Haku was going to become Oshtor at some point. They make a point showing how Nekone interfering cost him his life, but then in MoT Vurai lives even from a full power slam. MoD is gameplaywise also really easy, like even on hard mode doing no grinding I only wiped like two times, and this is coming from someone who didn't realize action chains were a thing in the 2002 Utaware game until the final boss. It's to the point where you kinda wonder why they even bothered to make it a SRPG, but looking back the 2002 game was the same.

MoT first half is easily 9.5/10 and second half with Wohis and "lmao cutscene powers activate" shotas down grade the final experience to like 9.0/10 experience. Both games were very predictable, I was mostly never in doubt what was going to happen, but they still sold the scenes very well. If anything my main complaint is just the amount of times the game wants to the traditional arch for a character but then stretch it out way too much, like Maro getting away 2 times before you find out about the Mind control bug thing. Don't get me wrong Maro dying is emotional but I also can't help but feel that he's only dying because the game wants an emotional scene.

My opinions (and other anons from the way I see it) about the story and characters are mostly similar to yours.
But just a comment about Maro, the mind control shit doesn't really matter much. It just made him a lot more aggressive if anything. Maro is a kind guy who couldn't hurt a fly. With the mind control thing, it just made him a more aggressive version of Kuon who wants to kill Oshtor. Kuon and Maro are the only characters who blamed Oshtor for Haku's "death" after all.
The only difference between Kuon and Maro is that there are a lot of people beside Kuon to support her and she basically knew what really happened early on while barely anyone cared about Maro and Oshtor(Haku) also made the wrong decision of being cold and harsh on Maro when he met him in the battlefield.
I liked that scene btw because it shows that Haku really is good in imitating Oshtor but only in mannerisms and overall outside appearance, but not in emotion in which Maro instantly recognized. Mikazuchi and some characters also noticed it.

user, that looks fine. NGL I kinda liked how round and friendly the anime designs were. Cute faces. I have some good Atuy screenshots and webms on the laptop somewhere.

cont.
One of the things that kinda irked me about MoT when reading through it all is the strange shift that occurs like 1/4 in the game. Like the whole Dekoponpo massacre seems to be the game hinting that MoT will shift from the more carefree and very light experience that MoD was. Outside of Oshtor I don't think a single named character actually dies. The whole speech Haku gives Maro about being willing to crawl in muck in order to realize his ambition made sense in the context, but afterwards we never really see it again in any meaningful way. I also feel like some characters get lost in the half way, Nekone was easily the best in the first half but she sorta just reverts back to "muh Ane-sama" after Vurai arch, it would have been nice if there had been some more scenes of her and Haku being affectionate with each other.

And that's kind the problem, the first part of the game really wants to highlight the casualties of what Anju chooses and what Oshtor does so that Maro leaves but then it never really happens again.

Haku is ruthless, he never showed any signs of remorse for the persons he killed, he truly revels in war, in every aspect. He's a ruler, a leader, a tactician and a warrior and surpasses everyone in all those categories. It's exactly like Karura said, he was born to become a legend.

For me, Mask of Truth falls apart once the shota squad shows up. The game (at that point) had more than a few climaxes where I was sure the game would end. Seeing the game go on was fine at the time since it meant I would get to enjoy the story more but seeing those losers running away after beating their asses was too much. The finale though more than made up for their stupid antics.
Also, in case you didn't know, the Dream Area is canon in Mask of Truth. It's worth powering through it if you have the chance since the stories there are fun if you can survive all the bullshit.

I have to work tomorrow so I won't be around for the concert rebroadcast. Are the BDs going back on sale?

>he didn't put the work in to make her battle-ready
You don't deserve an imouto.

Schizo Nekone is the best version of Nekone. Too bad the game didn't use it enough.

Not my source but a few anons said back then that Maro wasn't really supposed to die but instead, Rurutieh. Something about not much CG iirc? Also, a lot of people died in that war even before nuking the capital. The reason why Anju have to see that is to make her know what really is happening in the war. It's the first step in her character development after all. What I hated was how she basically turned back to a child after learning that Mikado is alive then killing him again. If I was the writer, I would've at least made Vurai see Anju in battle before his death. Might not have been as much as a ruler as the Mikado but at least it would've made him regret his decisions even for a moment.

I disagree about Nekone, Oshtor's death completely crushed her ego and it still shows very late in the game. Now she's just obsessed with not repeating the same mistake with her second brother. Also i don't think a lot of people noticed but the way Haku saves Nekone is the exact same shot when Oshtor saves Nekone, it thought it was kinda neat.

Attached: neko.png (1135x671, 1.28M)

>Haku saves Nekone is the exact same shot when Oshtor saves Nekone
Don't you mean Nekone saves Haku from Mikazuchi?

No i mean at the very end of MoT, in THAT scene.

Attached: fan.gif (320x180, 2.93M)

The theory can sorta hold light Her sister is really developed as a unit, compared to someone like Itak who doesn't even get a FS. Her shift into loving Oshtor also feels really superfluous for a character that only shows up like 3 times in total. I think it's also worth pointing out how Ruru's lines always seems to allude that Haku's dead, and even after he reveals it they never change outside of the final fight. This is especially weird since they add really a lot of different voice lines, like Ukon and Maro get FS combo lines for the dream arena fight.

> it would have been nice if there had been some more scenes of her and Haku being affectionate with each other.
I absolutely agree but in that case, Nekone would take the main heroine role from Kuon. Personally I would love that since she's my favorite but from the story's pov, I'd rather not.

>loli kicking ass time
Can't wait.

I don't think so. After her arc and getting her flute, her voice lines changed and that's without knowing that Oshtor is Haku.

Meant for

She still uses the lines like "He'd praise me for this, right?"

That's what would have happened if Nekone didn't force them to go get some time together in Tuskur, that's the game shifting the main girl role before your eyes
I still love my cute depressed little sister

Attached: 095_zzoV2Ch.jpg (1280x720, 96.58K)

Oshtor prequel is looking good
youtube.com/watch?v=sZbMa4JIv18

You mean "褒めてくれますよね?"? I just opened the game and checked and that's the only line she said that vaguely about Haku. Nothing about Haku's death. She also has very determined lines compared to her old ones. tldr, the lines changed at least.

Should've posted the smiling one.

Attached: 20220211132559.png (1920x1080, 1.95M)

I don't think there was really any doubt that Kuon was the main heroine, it kinda feels like a cop out how everyone just try to reset back to the status quo in the ending.

>reset back to the status quo
as in?

Guys, I need to know. Will Cunny Princess get a spotlight?

As in everyone just pretends that Kuon didn't win the Hakuobwl. At least the twins can be justified.

A lot. Just as much as your cunny imouto.

well no one knows about the kiss, and they didn't get together, sounds like Kuon cope to me user

files.catbox.moe/1vzmlg.jpg

thanks

ABAYO CUNNYBALL!!!!!!!

Great, more of this passive bitch protagonist that is Haku, never seen such an awful main character, the faggot literally get carried by everyone then get everything handed and has everyone mention how he's so great. This Yamato shit in general is annoying, not a single interesting characters from that bunch, should have stayed in Tuskur, that was more interesting back there.

This looks terrible. You VN idiots got exposed hard when muvluv alt got adapted you can stop pretending any of these adaptations are worth it

i have not once ever seen a vn reader say an anime adptation was good, from what timeline are you user

Loved most of this experience and will always praise the improvement of the duology compared to the terrible first One, but I'll also always be pissed at how Atuy shows the worst of the harem protag structure, especially with an impossibly low libido one like Haku.

Attached: tumblr_ozc6qduOzT1spxjj0o6_540.jpg (540x306, 53.78K)

Yeah feel kind bad how they didn't let Itak get together with Atuy. Even worse he gets saddled with Entua.

Yeah, you got exactly my feeling, it makes way too clear how every character is basically forced to be appealing in some way to (you) even if it goes against chara developement. Also the way Haku decides to fucking ignore the problem and she just smiles

Would be good if Itak was a good character but he's not. He's also not that comfortable with Atuy's fighting killing instinct while in battle so it wouldn't work anyways.

The only other male character worth anything is Mikazuchi, even if he's only present for like two fights in the story. Too bad the game didn't let us actually use Maro outside of the one dream arena.

RIP Hakuoro

Attached: 1590557143201.jpg (600x844, 191.67K)

Can you blame Atuy? Have you reread the scene when they're together on the boat? Haku is a goddamn playboy, he's so fucking slick, all of his words of a double meaning, he's clearly seducing her, that man is a harem machine. If it wasn't for all ages they would have fucked on the spot

Are you talking about character in-game or character in-story? I meant the latter in my post. Mikazuchi and Oshtor are the most useful male characters in-game.

Attached: ruru....jpg (1200x778, 212.02K)

>Putting this much emphasis on a dead character in a prequel.
On top of that, is the "heroine" considered dead if she was clearly not present in the MOT/MOD games?

Attached: Monochrome-Mobius-Rights-and-Wrongs-Forgotten_2022_04-25-22_028.jpg (1500x1060, 240.64K)

I feel like he sort of accepts it at the Maro fight, but he also acknowledges that he can't make Atuy happy. Atuy also doesn't really realize her own feelings, it's kind of a weird shift given how there was no hint of that in MoD at all.