I can't watch an anime if it doesn't have a character to self-insert

I can't watch an anime if it doesn't have a character to self-insert
am I wrong?

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_.png (225x350, 96.05K)

no, escapism is fun

Do you mean as in blank slate character? If so I don't understand why

Yes, you're no better than Twitter trannies who demand more representation in media, so they can self-insert as well.

Attached: 1638588852817.png (1556x1156, 315.6K)

The creator of that pic left out
>Spam BLACKED on numerous sites

You're just low IQ

you are not wrong, just retarded

Yes.

Yes and make sure he's not too good looking or charismatic or sucessful otherwise you wont be able to project

>self-insert
this word needs to be word-filtered so bad here, they're troll threads and derail discussions for nothing

You know I always say I hate sel-inserters, but maybe I just hate how they often deny it.
I don't hate you at all; I rather like you, actually.

Attached: Happy%20Sugar%20Life%20-%2008%20-%20Large%2009.jpg (1280x720, 81.94K)

Yes, not every story is meant to be about you. A story can just be a story. People like you are the reason why there are even more bland male main characters than before.

If someone is a blank slate with no goals or fears besides basic ones, they're an npc. A character is someone who has strong reasons to risk their life or their social status, and short and long term goals that come out of that.

why because it triggers you or something?
why would you filter something unless it provokes you into replying

No. You have the privilege of picking and choosing what you want and any guidelines you establish are okay no matter how arbitrary they may be, you control what you consume.

Unless you're one of those faggots that opens up threads for anime that you were never going to like in the first place to tell everyone that you're dropping them.

>they're an npc
>Non-Player character
Just say background character and stop using Yea Forums lingo

>self-insert
I see this tossed around a lot, but i literally have no idea what it means.

I agree, that's why I only watch anime and manga where the MC is an übermensch such as myself

Attached: kenshiro clones.png (640x910, 1.28M)

You're not wrong, you just watch bad anime

Attached: gen.png (349x235, 34.84K)

someone should make an anime where the MC is a stick figure because they are the simplest form your brain recognizes as a human being so virtually everyone will be able to self insert as him

Attached: imagem_2022-04-19_174038818.png (240x240, 4.65K)

Cool. What dying traditional craft are you training for?

To some degree. Tutu is unwatchable for me.

It's just to describe a character that invites it.
As in a blank slate character with no defining features or unique thought that's average, but somehow has nothing but good things, specially romantically, happening to him.

Many people hate it because they rather have interesting characters than characters that lack anything going for them.

Another thing is that they often don't influence the plot but have the plot happen to them as though they somehow play a corridor shooter, so they will never get to make choices the viewer might not have made, allowing for even more self-insertion.

All these traits mean that it's easier for viewers to imagine themselves in the place of this character, as he has no traits or choices that conflict with the viewer; he has,namely, none at all.

Attached: latest?cb=20211121174715.jpg (614x793, 67.66K)

I blame VN and LN adaptations for this kind of archetype. In the source material they are fine because the story is told in first person perspective, but in a anime or manga the story is told in a third person perspective so the immersion is much less effective.

Attached: generic dudes.jpg (640x900, 184.43K)

Visual novels are fine because the player makes choices, and so decides te personality of the protagonist, though it's still stupid if they not have a name and only some meme title such as “producer”, as in Amnesia.

In books it still does not work for a first person narrator to not have a personality and never make any choices and look bland as.

It's also highly common in strips. Many strips are full on self-insert harem. Plainest protagonist possible whom everyone wants to shag.

yes. anime mc are shit because of people like you. fuck self-inserter

>He made the same thread again

>I can't self-insert
you will never be japanese.
you will never be a high school student again
no one will ever fall in love with you because you were "nice"
you will never have superpowers
you will never have a giant robot
you will never meet a monster girl/ alien/ android/ slider/ time-traveler
you will never have an osananajimi
you will never have an osananajimi that you promised to marry when you got older.
you will never have sex.
you will never have an oneesan that gently introduces you into sex
you will never have an imouto that loves you more than she should
you will never have an ara ara ufufu~ sempai to milk you of your semen
you will never be reincarnated
you will never be isekai'd.

you are destined to a life of meaningless mediocrity.
You will never contribute to society in a meaningful way.
Unless you kill yourself or you die in some natural disaster, you won't even register as a statistic.
Your genetic legacy lives and dies with you. You will never have children.
You will never be a woman
You will never be the little girl.
No one will even remember your name.

Fuck off retard

I think I'll save this as a copypasta to drop on "self inserters".

It's 99% about the strenght of your ego and imagination. If you don't suck you can self-insert into everybody you want.

Maybe you can't put yourself in shoes of dude having troubles due to his harem growing out of control, because you have never known the softness of woman, but I can.

Your dreams are shackled by your own medicority. You can only see yourself in pathetic loosers and featureless blanks, because you lost your ability to see yourself as anything more than you are. Lacking the vision of the better self you are chained to your feeble present self. I could emphatize with you, but I won't since putting myself in place of somebody who cannot even dream properly hurts like trying to squize your own mind into skull two sizes too small.

>If you don't suck you can self-insert into everybody you want.
low-test simp chimp detected.
There's a fundamental difference between "identifying with", "empathizing with" and "self-inserting".
A human being can empathize with and identify with other human beings because of shared experiences.
You don't need a "blank" in a story so that you can vicariously exist in an improbable scenario. Frankly speaking, I find such behavior repugnant- there is something psychologically wrong with these people.

>am I wrong?
Yes. Seek help OP.

cute girls

Attached: FAGGOT DETECTED.jpg (254x128, 11.49K)

I'm literally saying the same thing dude.

Most of the more fervent self-inserters I've seen don't even need a blank slate. Even if the character has a distinct and unique personality they'll just ignore it

I also dislike when yuritroons deny being self-inserters

It's buzzword that used to be aimed at "blank-slate" characters who had no personalities of their own. But nowadays it's tossed around at characters who are somewhat aloof and shy. It's why we see threads with shitposters spamming "literally me!!!".

True
Marin is a perfect weeb self insert

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand saved

Attached: 1630785117336.png (346x322, 42.46K)

Yep. How is the average user, who is older than 18 (since this is an 18+ site) probably closer to 30 or more, has no interests other than video games and anime, going to self insert as a young buck who is passionate about something few people even know about and still has a bright future? But I guess in the mind of social rejects, being a loner because they are so boring since all they know is video games and anime, even though anime and video games are more popular than ever, is the same as not finding companionship as someone pursuing a specialized craft and not being able to relate with his peers.

>somewhat

>no one will ever fall in love with you because you were "nice"
>you will never have sex.
>the last paragraph
are false about me.
The rest are true.
>you will never have an imouto that loves you more than she should
This one hurts, however.

All in all good pasta material.

>you will never be japanese

Attached: Good.jpg (512x512, 51.4K)

Older than 17*

If I like the girl and want to have waifu fantasies I just create an alternate universe in which the mc does not exist ans she is with me instead. It isn't self insert.

Understandable. If you wanted to just be some outside observer watching someone not be you, you could just go watch people outside. You have 7 billion separate sources of entertainment.
Anime and other fictional stories are for escapism. They are to let YOU do something you can't do in real life. We have enough separate entities in the world already.

Attached: 1648940278600.jpg (1857x1240, 1.95M)

>I just create an alternate universe in which the mc does not exist ans she is with me instead.
G-God?!

>I just create an alternate universe in which the mc does not exist ans she is with me instead.
Congrats user. You just created a tulip.

>They are to let YOU do something you can't do in real life
That's what actual interactive mediums are for which don't even have the MC say a word sometimes. In the end you're still watching someone else who's just boring character in the end

Why would they be? They don't display the same issues:
>In general, both characters in their titles are good looking and have personality, rather than one blando paired up with a 10/10.
>They don't cream and cry when the blando faces any degree of romantic competition
>Their shit isn't full of harems for no other reason than to make harems.

I accuse them of being self-inserters because they flock to narratively defunct garbage whose only appeal is self-insertion. I'm not seeing that with this “yuri” crap.

There is no distinction between the two. Kinda ironic to call other self inserters, when you seem to think that just because you are seeing a game in first person view, you have literally become that character. You don't become that character, but they are a close approximation to yourself. And in the same way YOU can see yourself in a video game character, and thus insert yourself into that world mentally, the same can be done for an anime character if they are a decent approximation of yourself.

>If you wanted to just be some outside observer watching someone not be you, you could just go watch people outside
Retarded ass thinking right here. Are you that incapable of not projecting yourself into every story you read?
>Anime and other fictional stories are for escapism.
Doesn't mean that it expected you to be inserting yourself into the stories.
>They are to let YOU do something you can't do in real life.
And when the hell was established?

>have personalities
Nah they are bland as fuck.
>They don't cream and cry when the blando faces any degree of romantic competition
Ntr is the lazy womans/mans way to relationship drama, see scums wish.
>harems
Yeah harems are shit I agree with you there.

>Are you that incapable of not projecting yourself into every story you read?
I certainly could not project myself into a story, but why would I want to read a story I couldn't project myself into?
>b-b-but you get to see other people's perspective!
Uh, if I wanted that I'd read some non fiction autobiography or philosophy, or you know, just talk to another person? If that's what you're consuming fiction for, then you're doing it horribly inefficiently. Fiction has one attribute that it exceed in those others, and that is it's capacity for escapism in a different situation or world. Fiction is basically a substitute for daydreaming. Actually, fiction literally IS daydreaming but some guy is writing it down.

>If you wanted to just be some outside observer watching someone not be you
That's exactly what you're doing when you watch anime. You will never have any role other than the voyeur.

>but why would I want to read a story I couldn't project myself into?
I think you might have mental problems m8.
>If that's what you're consuming fiction for, then you're doing it horribly inefficiently
Well I'm sorry that don't have low enough self-esteem that I need to project myself into fictional stories to make myself feel better about my life.

In a way, yes. All the scenarios that existed as a result of the girl and mc's interaction also did not exist in this alternate universe. Or sometimes the girl instead exists in side by side in our universe if it is not an isekai. Sometimes I play a scenario in my mind that the stranger girl walking beside me when crossing the street is actually the waifu. It's like, a different form of character insertion where instead of being a first person inserting into a 2d character, a 2d inserts into a 3d third person.
A what?

I bring up video games because you do actually have some degree of an active role there rather than watching a virtual non character on the screen. If someone was so obsessed about muh escapism above all else for some reason then that's what shit like VNs are for if you wanted to give your self a false sense of accomplishments by choosing an alternate route.

Well duh, it's not perfect. There is no way to be LITERALLY be anyone but yourself, did you really need me to tell you this? You didn't think self insertion referred to literally going into the tv did you? Oh user...

>Uh, if I wanted that I'd read some non fiction autobiography or philosophy, or you know, just talk to another person?
Because enjoying a character's arc in a story offers a completely different experience? Are you insane or something user?

It's a kind of flower

impossible, I have no gardener skills

Attached: imagem_2022-04-19_194713500.png (800x800, 851.13K)

>some degree
That's still all it is. Some degree. It's still your imagination doing most of the work in a video game. Same deal with anime except you MIGHT have to use more imagination. I say might because a video game with a relatively low degree of freedom, vs an anime character that is "literally me", your imagination has to do less to see yourself as the anime character rather than the video game character. I play VNs too by the way...