Do you miss early 2000s anime?

Do you miss early 2000s anime?

Attached: 1604622824563.jpg (1600x1200, 149.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HfGBjyPgwvM
myanimelist.net/anime/season/2001/fall
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I can rewatch them whenever I want or check the ones I haven't seen yet, so no. I do miss their charm in modern anime though. Even the crappiest ecchi comedy of that time had that special something that made it engaging. Most of what comes out now feels bland and like a soulless cashgrab.

S2 never.

Attached: 1074288232549.gif (640x480, 254.54K)

We never got Season 2.

all the time. the only series on right now that reminds me of that era (in terms of quality and soul) is ghost game.

Attached: 1646550749974.png (890x890, 827.2K)

Not really. Like any decade, there was some good ones and a lot of bad ones. At the exact same ratio. What I can say is my largest amount of favorite shows were from 1998-2008. But I attribute this more to my nostalgia and having watched the most anime in that time period. Not to the time period. If I watched more 2010s anime, I'd probably find the same amount of good shows. Which is what I'm slowly doing right now. Out of the eight shows I've seen recently, seven of them were great and one was bad. Again, about the same as the 2000s.

Attached: Princess_Tutu_04.DVD(x264.vorbis)[Ahiru][201F07F9].mkv_snapshot_11.14_[2017.09.18_00.05.53].jpg (640x480, 28.34K)

LAST EXILE. Masterpiece.
Gankutsuou. Masterpiece.
Princess Tutu. Masterpiece.
Chrno Crusade. Masterpiece.
FLCL. Masterpiece.

yeah

Attached: [heponeko] Nurse Witch Komugi-chan Magikarte Z #01 [Nittele+ 640x480 h264 AAC].mp4_snapshot_02.20.154.png (640x480, 464.1K)

I miss the early 2000s in general everything from music, anime, television, video games were so much better back then

maybe my nostalgiafag glasses are blurring my vision but I genuinely do not enjoy new things as much anymore

No rofl. The quality of then and now is literally no different.

The west definitely got worse. Japanese media is about the same. Hence why so many people are dropping western media and watching anime now.

Was there anything else to explore though? They survived the great mission and the weird space anomaly afterwards. Unless you wanted to focus on the aliens, there was nothing else to see there.

fuck FLCL

Four out of the five shows on his list are bad.

Go away qua.

I mostly just miss Galaxy Angel and School Rumble Season 1

Best of that list. Die.

No, it's still there.

The aliens themselves were pretty fucking important and an obvious plot thread left for S2. The male love interest was hinted as being part alien too, wasn't he?

Attached: 1635152543676.jpg (736x515, 92.08K)

I wish I could.

bros is it weird that after all this time i still love her

Attached: 1621082349082.jpg (1414x2000, 763.23K)

this pretty much, nothing will ever have the same feel again

Yes. They are like 80s movies. The picture looks warm and cozy.

Early 2000s was the best era for anime.
Shame we can't have a proper early 2000s nostalgia thread without it being derailed by teenagers bitching about their modern anime boogeyman, though.

Attached: Di Gi Charat Movie Special - Kuchi kara Bazooka (DVD 848x480 x265 10bit Opus).mkv (00.04.03.702).jpg (848x480, 234.99K)

Watch Brigadoon, it's a cute, happy wholesome anime for the whole family.]

youtube.com/watch?v=HfGBjyPgwvM

Attached: Brigadoon Marin to Melan 22 (BD 960x720 x265 Opus).mkv (00.04.03.243).jpg (960x720, 394.71K)

Haha.

Attached: Marin Kyubey.jpg (765x864, 269.54K)

as someone who recently got into anime and have watched dozens of new and old animes, I can confirm that it isn't nostalgia but rather the industry adapting its products to cater to the incel demographic. Over the last two decades anime, being new, changed over time to fit its niche and specialize its production to optimize fiscal returns, and who is a better cash cow than incel simps? This is why we get stuff like my dress up darling and all the other harem stuff. Easier to pump out and get an audience hooked on cheap dopamine hits than produce expensive works of art

I like early 2000s anime but not this moeshit cancer

Attached: 1070618284155.gif (375x215, 53.53K)

>muh moeshit
why is there a fag whining about moe in seemingly every thread about any 2000s anime

This why would I miss moeshit cancer when there's still tons of moeshit cancer to go around
Look here same season moeshit charat or whatever came out.
myanimelist.net/anime/season/2001/fall
Look Hellsing, Big O, Inuyasha, S-cry-ed, Hikaru no Go. See how stacked this season is?

No but I do miss anime from 2005-2010.

Attached: 91E2ARq9rJL._SL1500_.jpg (873x1500, 293.43K)

kek

I miss the way anime used to make me feel, that's all

The unfortunate truth

Maybe try watching good stuff and less shounenshit

>As someone who is less experienced than all of you, I can confirm…

2000s were shit. not only did 90% of it age like shit visually but they were just throwing shit at the wall to see what stuck. meaning there was some neat experimentation here and there but also tons of garbage. also the 2000s was the beginning of VN and light novel cancer, moeshit and the otaku demographic completely have a strangle on what gets made. it was an objectively inferior era compared to what came prior and arguing otherwise is just retardation. for every mushishi there were five love hinas.

>LAST EXILE. Masterpiece.
lol

2000s had high highs though and compared to the 2010s they might as well be a golden age

everything looks better compared to the 2010s. it's not a high bar. you're doing the era zero favors by comparing them.

I miss .hack//SIGN

Attached: 1557551900541.jpg (1920x1440, 824.27K)

Using the term "moeshit" in any context immediately outs you as a newfag.

That aside the highs of the 2000s were still high on their own.

The only reason I know about this franchise is that it's at the top of every alphabetical listing.

They still exist. I watch some every week. They're outlive me.

It was an overbearing trend until about four years ago. Now it's not, but lately we have chatbots injecting dry bait and social media noise into every thread.

This. Feels like every anime is a recycled storyline now.

>now

2001 also had the best Cyborg 009 adaptation too.

And Satoshi Kon's best film and Vampire Hunter D. Insanely stacked year

> the otaku demographic completely have a strangle on what gets made
this was a good thing, 00s were where the anime community was the strongest and an actual community

Half of every season is still moeshit

It has been too long since i watched Stellvia so i don't remember that. One thing i do remember is how surprised i was going in thinking it is yuri but after 7-8 eps, i got hetero treatment and somehow a side guy get promoted to main status after that.

The term moeshit didn't come to life until K-on if i remember correctly, so if he calling 2000s anime moeshit, he is part of the zoomers/moshitters/gen Z or whatever they are called nowadays. So just ignore him.

it was way earlier with the lucky star vs. gurren lagann wars
looks like with time the GARtards couldn't keep up the fight and moe won

2000's is the Real Golden Age of Manhwa quality wise

>for every mushishi there were five love hinas.
(both good)

I miss early 2000's hentai, the artstyle was more erotic to me, I don't know why but it was. Older hentai just in general feels more erotic than newer hentai.

Cancer always wins. Just look how Vtubers dominated twitch and Youtube

Twitch was always shit.

Vtubers and moeshit appeal to the same crowd

I remember when my friend told me SAO was getting anime, i thought it was the manhwa SAO, not the SAO we got today. Was very disappointed when i saw the poster.

Could you even blame them? K-on's big success still affected today, every season got at least 2-3 Sol show featuring nothing but moegirls doing moe things.

Shin Angyo Onshi? My nigga, that manhwa is great although it was just like a lot of manhwa back then, the flashback was too long with unnecessary elements.