OPM: Manga Garou vs. WC Garou

Anyone else dissatisfied with manga Garou compared to WC Garou?

>Helps out the heroes, has jokey joke chibi moments with Metal Bat
>Takedown of Platinum Sperm not as meaningful as WC since Golden Sperm manhandled Tatsumaki in the WC
>Fighting Saitama without brutalizing the S-class
>Design is over the top, not subdued simplicity like WC Garou

Attached: EoFzVcaXMAYvKHf[1].jpg (598x846, 106.95K)

No, I am not braindead

I don't read the fan fiction so i have no idea what you're talking about

Attached: no.png (469x835, 155.11K)

Are torture “victims” psychopaths or is it a defensive mask? What happens if you talk?

Take a look at manga garou and judge for yourself

Attached: latest[1].png (714x905, 281.98K)

Attached: one punch live.jpg (800x1258, 422.73K)

>webcomickek still has to bring up the manga to get people to discuss his dead series
Take this bump. You clearly need it

Attached: 1618685575602.jpg (640x558, 35.01K)

I feel like that look misses the point of Garou's transformation.

God > Saitama

I agree. Garou's simple pure darkness look worked exactly for his purposes. This looks like he opted for an RGB gaming setup.

What

Normally I'm a huge fan of the manga. I've loved the redraw up until this exact moment. I was really looking forward to Murata's take on Awakened Garou but it's disappointing. Garou is just straight up a hero with how many monsters he's killed. It's not like other heroes haven't attacked their fellow heroes before; Fubuki attacked Saitama and even pulled a knife on him not knowing about his invulnerability.

This

God is cool and all, but, for me, it's Christ.

Why can't ONEtards just kill themselves already?

Too stubborn to die I guess.

Homeless Emperor is already dead.

The MA arc was too stretched out it's for that that the manga Garou is shit it's because he got much more development than in the webcomic where he was only shady and believable. The manga should have been only a carbon copy with a few addition and not the fuck fest that we have now.

It doesn't look like a 4 year old drew it. What's the problem here?

Why do you faggots hate the webcomic so much?

I don't hate it. I hate retards like you that never shut the fuck up about how the manga isn't going like webcomic when you can just drop the manga and fuck off, yet instead you just shit up opm threads with your webcomic autism.

Murata won't ever replicate this. I have no idea why retards are so fixated on hating the simplicity of WC's monster Garou design. The design works perfectly as intended, and more than that, it isn't the design that matters in the WC, as much as the presentation. And this page's presentation beats anything Murata has done since ONE stopped tar wrangling him.
I won't speak for the whiny faggots that complain all the time, but I for one am disappointed I won't see cool shit like this but in a professional artstyle.

Attached: OPMWEB_83_001.jpg (600x848, 68K)

>since ONE stopped tar wrangling him
ONEtards are still going with this headcanon?

How do you explain the quote about ONE stopping Murata from turning Boros into comic relief, and then many years after Garou gets turned into comic relief for no reason?

I did drop the manga, and by the look of this post count, most people did. I just come here to see how terrible things are going. Does that bother you?

You should take your medication.
>and by the look of this post count
Kek, that's how you measure huh?

its not the drawing, its the atmosphere

which looks fine

Garou has lights coming out of his body instead of being a figure of ominous shadow.

God damn ONE's presentation is so fucking good. Goosebumps with four words.

Attached: b49d32e69e044c2d81476987b1ea964b[1].jpg (600x848, 71.45K)

I can't imagine the manga replicating this moment with as much fuck yeah.

Attached: 50bd4083e595f7d241ff9fcd407be792[1].jpg (600x849, 62.01K)

ok and?

>webcomic's threads have a low post count
HAHAHAHAHA SUCK IT WEBCOMICTARDS
>manga's threads have a low post count
I-It doesnt matter...

>manga's threads have a low post count
They don't though.

I read the mange because I like the web comic, not the other way around.
Stop caring about the mange when it steer away from the comic's direction.
All the secondary newfags doesn't helped.

>1) reread the webcomic
>2) reread the manga
What would you choose?

In the webcomic, Awakened Garou's state is a result of his blood, hair, skin, and textile fabrics coagulating into a black mass. It's not just a shell, it's the culmination of the various beatings he's survived and gotten stronger from in a literal sense.

Attached: 673457d502c342668013c27c62889315[1].jpg (600x848, 143.14K)

I kept giving Murata the chance to bring this more in line with what Garou's webcomic form looked like but no. It's just discount Boros and not a really shitty tokusatsu suit actor outfit. Saitama wasn't just making a joke, even Genos sees prior to Garou's awakening that his "outfit" is just skin, fabric, debris, and blood warped together.

Attached: 1624836654820.png (782x739, 525.46K)

>2 hours, only 35 replies
Hmmm

The manga started going to shit when the whole Blast and God autism got forced into this arc.
Up until then it was going great.

This isn't a manga thread it's a webcomic seethe thread.

Man that is exactly what it looks like. I worry that even if we get the S-class beatdown and a proper Awakened state that it's already too late for it to live up to the hype of the webcomic.

Ok...so?

It's more understated and fitting to the character. What does it mean that Garou has lights shooting out of his body? Nothing. It's just flashiness for the sake of being flashy.

>garou's simple pure darkness look worked exactly for his purposes
you're talking as if he did that on purpose he's just shit at drawing manga garou design is what he had in mind

>It doesnt count...

Attached: 1628282427201.jpg (600x848, 101.84K)

I always thought and that hoped ONE's intention with Saitama commenting on how Garou looks like he was wearing a cheap monster costume was because that's how he genuinely saw him because he was seeing through his monster facade. The reason why everyone else is convinced Garou is a real monster is because he actually looks and acts like one but Saitama doesn't fall for it. It didn't seem like he was joking to me.

Attached: Awakened Garou.jpg (183x232, 13.78K)

>Helps out the heroe
he helped the kid get away metal bat was just there
>Takedown of Platinum Sperm not as meaningful
he still defeated tatsumaki and looked way more impressive than the webcomic
>Fighting Saitama without brutalizing the S-class
darkshine, puri puri, bang,flashy flash ?defeating further ugly sperm and sage centipede is way more impressive emo and this is way more fitting and less try for his misunderstood hero thing
>Design is over the top, not subdued simplicity like WC Garou
one just couldn't express his idea well since he's shit at drawing this is definitely what he had in mind pic relates is very close and the manga version actually look like a cheap costume and that's the whole point

Nah, see It's a deliberate choice.

>metal bat was just there
Because they wrote him to be there. They didn't have to write him having jokey joke argument with Metal Bat as they literally team up.
>he still defeated tatsumaki
Wasn't Tatsumaki already worn out from her battle with Psykos etc.?
>darkshine, puri puri, flashy flash ?
That's only 3 of 14 (King, Metal Knight, Watchdog Man and Blast excluded). Amai Mask's face gets caved in by Garou in the webcomic. Tatsumaki herself gets beaten. Even Child Emperor and Pig God get decked hard. Even with the ones he's beaten, the webcomic beatdown is more brutal.
>one just couldn't express his idea well
But he stated in exact terms what Garou looks like:

>Because they wrote him to be there. They didn't have to write him having jokey joke argument with Metal Bat as they literally team up.
agree but again this fits more his misunderstood hero role instead of hurr durr i'm gonna go kill that child over there
>Wasn't Tatsumaki already worn out from her battle with Psykos etc.?
i guess but didn't that happen in the webcomic ? i only read from garou vs everyone he still beat her dark shine and monsters like further ugly that made s class hero look like shit plus i'm sure one confirmed tatsumaki could easily beat garou at top shape so 'im sure its the same with sperm
>That's only 3 of 14 (King, Metal Knight, Watchdog Man and Blast excluded). Amai Mask's face gets caved in by Garou in the webcomic. Tatsumaki herself gets beaten. Even Child Emperor and Pig God get decked hard. Even with the ones he's beaten, the webcomic beatdown is more brutal.
well they were replaced with stronger monsters again misunderstood hero
>But he stated in exact terms what Garou looks like
yeah and the manga version has no face left except the crack witch at the end of their fights in the comic cracked as well and the pic i pointed to looks very close

I dunno, in the webcomic there were hints of his inner goodness but his drive to be a monster was also there. It's only when Saitama pushes him up against a wall do we really see that he wanted to be a hero.

Tatsumaki is wounded from her battle with the monster cadres but she's not straight up knocked out like she is now. As an aside, the manga changed the context for "lemme just pass through a sec" for the worse IMO.

That's the thing, the problem with replacing Garou's beatdown with the monsters is that he's supposed to become the archnemesis of the hero association, to the point that they demand his execution - not because of the wrongs he's done, but because they straight up can't stop him and he's too dangerous to be left alive. Even Zombieman and Child Emperor call for his death; only Bang and Genos disagree because of their connections to Garou and Saitama respectively.

IMO the manga design would be better without those lights coming off of him. The pure darkness design worked really well in the webcomic, especially contrasted with Saitama's goofy egg face.

Attached: 1644243158144.jpg (2923x2066, 1.71M)

You can't honestly believe the fan bases for both versions of opm come here to shit post on Yea Forums?

What did the great degenerate do to earn his name?

A fighting team strong enough to clear 10 dragons

Attached: IyN4duN.png (800x1150, 778.52K)

There’s nothing wrong with the look it was entirely in the buildup. When WC Garou was revealed it was this ominous entity that you felt was truly a transformation into evil, in the manga it was clear he wasn’t a bad guy even in that moment.

Flashy Flash can one shot Bang with a casual kick

Attached: rRF6KRn.png (1969x1400, 3.29M)