Enemy uses fast fighters with strong weapons

>enemy uses fast fighters with strong weapons
>so lets use slow moving craft that explode at a single shot

Attached: resistance-bomber_a2df9e03.jpg (768x432, 54.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

researchgate.net/publication/328006677_Weaponizing_the_haters_The_Last_Jedi_and_the_strategic_politicization_of_pop_culture_through_social_media_manipulation
youtube.com/watch?v=vWZmJCVZHNQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literally what happened in WW2, faggot

>Star Wars tactics are retarded
Wow OP you are super insightful

Attached: sda.png (466x268, 294.89K)

never forget that one bomber exploding caused a chain reaction that blew up two other bombers because they were too close together in fucking space
and the fo still lost, what a fucking mess of a movie

Dumbest part is they had no shields, and Rian Johnson actually went out of his way to say yes they have no shields.

There's no in-universe reason for this, p sure they made it deliberately stupid as some sort of commentary on how militaries are bad.

Reminder that TLJ hate was literally driven by russian bots

>heavy bombers
>literally no armor or any protection
>explodes on a single hit
>flying in a tight formation so they easily bump into eachother causing chain reactions of destruction even though they're in space with literally infinite angles of attack

>Takes them over a minute to move the distance of a star destroyer, which is generously 2 miles long

These things were moving slower than a moderately priced sports car

So the Russian bots also gave the movie such a large week 2 drop off, caused solo to bomb, and made disney retcon half the film in episode 9?

TLJ is star wars for people who hate star wars and it sort of mocks everything in it. p sure the bombers were about how Rian Johnson dislikes the war/battlea spect of things

maybe I'm giving him too much credit tho

>slow spaceship

Attached: 1557040310787.png (484x605, 242.23K)

I sometimes forget how much I hate reddit

Attached: reddit.png (920x397, 71.9K)

>bombers that "drop" bombs in zero gravity space with no way to propel the bombs down

the movies are fucking retarded and anyone that keep watching them are equally retarded.

why use bombers at all when it's established that you could just ram unmanned spacecraft at hyperspeed into enemy vessels.
who would use a lancaster bomber for aerial combat when cruise missiles are available

Because Tony learns from his mistakes you dumbasses.

What does Russia stand to gain from criticizing a Star Wars movie?

>why use bombers at all when it's established that you could just ram unmanned spacecraft at hyperspeed into enemy vessels.
Well user despite being a paramilitary organization resisting a totalitarian regime it would be illegal to do that.

>asking for internal logic from writers who don't know or care about the material.

Attached: umm....what....png (693x496, 42.48K)

>why use bombers at all when it's established that you could just ram unmanned spacecraft at hyperspeed into enemy vessels
That was a 1 in a million chance.

because that is established half an hour later

Attached: 1651085913893.jpg (599x676, 81.59K)

>Russian bad + criticizing Star Wars bad = Russia criticizes Star Wars

Attached: NPC-header-1-640x480.jpg (640x480, 33.37K)

use the force.

Why would you base your entire strategy, as a pink haired admiral, on a 1 in a million chance?

ww2 bombers were not slow, actually had heavy defenses to shoot back, and could generally take an extreme amount of damage before going down.

I think the implication now is she was running away and accidentally hit the supremacy. It's the only logical conclusion you can draw.

DON'T QUESTION MY ORDERS OR I'LL SIT YOU DOWN AND EXPLAIN IT TO YOU LIKE A CHILD.

Attached: Be careful....jpg (482x594, 79.95K)

Every movie has a drop off, but yes, Russian bots did exacerbate it by creating a false narrative of negativity around the film

I didn't see the second one. Anons dropped webms and I gave up after seeing Leia poppins in space. If she can survive conscious for more than 10 seconds, then there is no danger to being blown out into space. I didn't see the 3rd one either because why bother. Russian bots didn't affect that decision user...

>my heart did.

Attached: I care.jpg (222x227, 9.67K)

how is it accidental when she aimed her ship at it, then jumped to hyperspace?

Actually, they did, because there's a good chance they were the ones who initially posted those webms (that are usually out of context) and helped create a narrative here, and elsewhere online, which caused you to not see the movie by your own admission in your post. Russian intelligence has used the internet to introduce divisive and destructive elements to our culture, i.e. Trump, anti-Disney sentiment, fake "news" stories, constant focus on violent crime if committed by a target demographic to flame racial tension, etc.

How does russian stand to gain by seeing star wars fail? Did this demoralize the ukraine somehow?

They didn’t have much of a fleet to begin with

Why would you try to martyr yourself on a 1 in a million chance?

researchgate.net/publication/328006677_Weaponizing_the_haters_The_Last_Jedi_and_the_strategic_politicization_of_pop_culture_through_social_media_manipulation

I would buy that argument, maybe just perhaps, if these movies weren't genuinely fucking terrible and incoherent. My brain fucking hurt after watching these things because I was trying to figure out what the hell was going on the entire time.

>t. Trekkie who has never seen a single SW movie

TLJ was so bad I didn’t even watch the last one

Why are they slow when there is no resistance in space?

>that are usually out of context
How does context fix any of the retarded moments?

Meds. Now.

Based Rey Fridgerator poster

To be fair, either it works or she distracts the First Order for a little longer so the Resistance can escape in the contrived situation she and Leia forced everyone into

>this is what TLJcucks actually believe
No honey, TLJ was just that offensive.

people believe this shit?Lmao

Same. I didn't like Episode 7, but thought I'd at least slog through the rest just to see how this 50 year saga ends. Nope. Watched the first 45 minutes of TLJ and turned it off. I still don't know how 9 ends and I don't even care enough to google it after all these years.

Because they ARE the Resistance in space.

>>so lets use slow moving craft that explode at a single shot
It reminds me of when the US torpedo bombers were annihilated at Midway, in WWII. War is unpredictable and you can't predict what will be obsolete.
youtube.com/watch?v=vWZmJCVZHNQ
The movie would make more sense if the "bombers" were actually repurposed industrial craft though.

My meds don't work unless everyone around me also takes their meds.

Same, kinda crazy how you can kill a trilogy so effectively.

>ww2 bombers were not slow, actually had heavy defenses to shoot back
No, the TBD Devastator torpedo bombers during the War in the Pacific.

>War is unpredictable and you can't predict what will be obsolete.
I feel like you would since the enemy is using the same fighter they've been using for 40+ years.

Not even the trilogy, I used to watch the OT on VHS every week as a kid. It killed all Star Wars. I don’t buy my nephews Star Wars toys anymore. That how offensive TLJ was. It killed so many peoples entire interest in the franchise. And no amount of cute baby yoda will ever get me to watch anything SW related again.

The resistance bombers are clearly designed to mimic 4 engine heavy bombers, not single engine carrier bombers. devastator isn't a great example either because they were 10 years outdated by the start of the war, and turns out torpedo bombing wasn't all that great of an idea anyway.

Actually they're a great example because the resistance uses mostly outdated shit and whatever they can get their hands on

>the enemy is using the same fighter they've been using for 40+ years.
Well some militaries now are using tanks from the 1960-70s, but they are upgraded. An x-wing in the original trilogy wouldn't necessarily have the exact same engines or whatever tech. Besides that, Star Wars is essentially a fantasy (genre) story and tech-development actually detracts from story unless it's important to the plot. The bombers sucking isn't bad writing. The hyperspace ramming is horrific writing, because it shatters the internal consistency.

Yeah, it was so bad you can't even watch the old ones without thinking to yourself "he gets stabbed later on for no reason" or "she flies like Superman through space". It was so monumentally damaging it won't ever recover. That's why they're rebuilding with shows and not trying to expand on the main nine movies. They know they killed that.

>The resistance bombers are clearly designed to mimic 4 engine heavy bombers, not single engine carrier bombers.
Irrelevant. The exact designs don't matter. None of the vehicles are really even shaped like WWII tech anyway. The rebels have to use what they can get, not what is perfect. I would have liked it better if they said the bombers were repurposed agricultural craft for dropping seed bombs or terraforming, and the inexperience of the crews mentions. That would have made it better, but the rebels sucking at something is not bad writing.

I did. Holy shit i regret it. Just dont. Ever.

except they didn't, they were clearly using modern redesigned x-wings, they only use "outdated" stuff when the story suddenly requires it for plot purposes.

This. How did they stand by while droids and clones charging into each other with freking laser machine guns in an open field kek

Torpedos were the best way to sink carriers outside of getting lucky or landing an overwhelming number of hits. Lexington, Yorktown, Wasp, and Hornet all went down primarily from torpedos rather than bombs.

>but the rebels sucking at something is not bad writing.

Yeah it is, because the entire concept goes against everything set up as star wars canon tactics in all the movies before it, and anyone could easily have guessed that it would fail miserably.

>they were clearly using modern redesigned x-wings, they only use "outdated" stuff when the story suddenly requires it for plot purposes.
There is nothing nonsensical about a military being able to acquire certain things and not others. There is a limited budget and a limited selection. If there is no good heavy bombers to procure then that is the situation. If they have limited budget they might prioritize spending the money on x-wings and letting the bombers suck because something has to be underfunded.

I feel like there's something I'm missing here, we are talking about the OT and completely ignoring that Yidsney Wars exist right?

But they are not. All their ships are newer designs, as well the resistance aren't scavengers like the rebels, they are directly being funded by the government.

>because the entire concept goes against everything set up as star wars canon tactics in all the movies before it,
No it doesn't.
>and anyone could easily have guessed that it would fail miserably.
The bombers got fucked up because the fighter cover wasn't able to protect them from the enemy fighters. That isn't something you can predict. War is chaotic and unpredictable and you don't know the outcome of every fight. The bad writing is Poe taking out all the point defense guns by himself like an anime protagonist.