Nobody:

Nobody:

TV Tropes:

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-26 8.18.02 PM.png (881x429, 86.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/KingsmanTheSecretService
youtube.com/watch?v=I4RQieWAU9w
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GratuitousRape
youtube.com/watch?v=ddepOwXQAyM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Remember that year long period where every midwit was calling out tropes they read about on tvtropes? Worst year for film discussion ever.

I quite enjoy TV Tropes.

Attached: 1633823424527.jpg (593x584, 196.74K)

I appreciate Tvtropes for the wrong reasons

Attached: 1341638802710.png (657x527, 34.77K)

Sometimes I think that discovering TVtropes at a young age subtly but permanently ruined my life.

is there a trope of discussing tropes on a chan

No but there should be.

>Age-Gap Romance

Attached: stabler.jpg (1280x720, 48.5K)

I privately enjoy TV Tropes and hit the random button to read the algorithm of my future

Attached: 1623496077139.gif (420x315, 1.52M)

This troper

no because I'm not a cuck

same

>mook
based

They mostly god rid of that praise Buddah

based cybershaman divining the future

This Troper was incredibly based though.

>Magnificent Bastard
>I broke 32 pencils AND THREE THAT WERE TOO HARD SO I GOT MY FRIEND TO BREAK THEM!!!

Literally fucking everything is a trope to these tards. What next the breathing character trope: oh look luke skywalker breathes in this film what an epic trope! What next the fucking end credits trope? What then the fucking movie trailer before the movie trope? Hahahha these people are insane man

>read one of the discussions
>everyone is using tropes to argue for or against what happens in a story

Attached: cop.jpg (400x400, 46.59K)

>user is having a Villainous Breakdown

Attached: 12490009999.jpg (798x644, 36.47K)

I love it when a work doesn't conform to their rigid little boxes of description so they have to come up with a new nonsensical term to try and explain it rather than accept that maybe, a work is just the way it is.
Case in point:
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/KingsmanTheSecretService
>Decon-Recon Switch
Uh it's a deconstruction, no wait, it played it straight uh subversion of expectation?

I just clicked on the related page for that “trope” and it has 734 wicks.

>Open tvtropes page years back
>95% is MLP references.
Is it still that bad?

What do you mean? Do you mean that every trope page had MLP listed in the examples?

TV Tropes: youtube.com/watch?v=I4RQieWAU9w

Contrarian Cynicism:
Despite lacking an identity itself, the Yea Forums poster is so fearful of being mistaken for a happy, well adjusted person that it will, upon being prompted by a random image, lash out with absurd commentary and baseless criticisms about anything popular, good, or otherwise enjoyable.

For me it’s the IMDb trivia page.

TV Tropes is a autism magnet

It's useful for trying to find things you like.
I like characters who scheme a lot. I don't know what they call it, but they definitely have a page for characters like that.

I’ll do you one better, a list of tropes used in starting threads on the Chan, those of which include:
>bait question with clickbait pic
>Twitter screencap of objective statement often followed by 'what did they mean by this'
>baneposting and derivatives
>coombait title and pic
>X political statement posed as a question that is irrelevant to the current board
>genuine pure thread prompt about a topic relevant to the board that gets thrown to page 10 in the span of 5 mins

>trope is named after a quote from a popular movie
>page image is a webcomic nobody gives a shit about so as to advertise it

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GratuitousRape

Magnificent Bastard

youtube.com/watch?v=ddepOwXQAyM

Use of image attachments in subsequent reply posts include but are not limited to:
>incel wojak
>troon wojak
>various Pepe reaction faces
The use of 'have sex', 'touch grass', 'dilate', 'sneed' are interchangeable

>Ridiculous and seemingly unrealistic television trope actually occurs in real life

Attached: twitter.jpg (640x748, 347.28K)

>the Chan
All of those things are terrible and you still manage to out-faggot the people who do them.

I really like the idea of TVtropes and what it sought out to do, it's neat and a fun way to categorize commonly seen things in TV and cinema but it's become an autistic monster beyond definition and should be silently snuffed out, and yes this opinion was posted on a kids tv show discussion board

THIS troper remembers his dad doing the f-bomb cluster in his ass....

finishing a media thing and scrolling through its ymmv page to see if someone posted what you already thought is kino
it's worth it for that
sometimes has useful trivia too

theres a copypasta of that

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you’re either baiting or just missed the sarcasm in my use of that term

Was it the one where it’s a block paragraph of the buzzwords passed around on the website?

yeah

This is what ruined what was once unironically a useful website.
It became autists fighting to connect tropes to their pet franchise no matter how tenuous because for some reason more tropes=more better

The latter, text doesn't carry sarcasm well.

>it's clearly established at the beginning of Catch Me If You Can that Frank knows French
>it seems like it was just a coincidence that he was able to follow their commands

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-26 10.49.03 PM.png (864x190, 35.05K)

>Unfortunate Implications

Attached: 1611637713510.jpg (325x292, 28.23K)

Because it did. It fucked mine up too.

>married at 29
lmao

How?

no one:
absolutely nobody:
still nobody:
not a single soul:
literally no one:
not even big chungus:
Russia: *loses bottom half of outfit*
everyone: I'm gonna pretend I didn't see that
Nerds: wait that's illegal
brie larson: ok that was lowkey on point
pickle rick: slaps roof of car luke did i ever tell you about the time i turned myself into a pickle? it was an epic moment.
luke: is retarded
CIA: Bane?
sans undertale: hey don't google HP Lovecraft's cat name
[Putin googles hp lovecrafts cat name]
CIA: congratulations you got yourself caught!
stan lee: flies past in a spaceship ooooh i dont care what universe you're from that's GOTTA HURT
[everyone laughed]
keanu reeves: you're breathtaking!
area 51 guards:i bet i can take keanu reeves
keanu reeves: you sure about that
keanu reeves: kills all area 51 guards
area 51:wait thats illegal
Everyone liked that
CIA: am I joke to you?
Alt right incels: there's no way star wars can be good agai....
Baby Yeed: hold my beer
Big chungus joined the chat
Drumpf has left the chat

>character mentions Yea Forums
>Shout Out

spbp

Tvtropes is mainly useful for me, if I like a movie I can check its page, look through millions of autisticially specific tropes, go to the pages of the ones I like and find more similar movies

Based

Attached: E99AFAE1-AAB0-4CE5-8FF8-9930E6176BCE.jpg (307x197, 16.99K)

I've been trying to use TV Tropes recently for my bimbo research and it's way more insufferable and useless than I remembered. I really don't understand the point of it, a lot of the tropes overlap significantly and more than half the examples are subversions or aversions.

How? I think it ruined mine too but I'm only just beginning to realize how terrible it is.

>Man wears red: Subverted. A man wears blue.

Attached: C2B6EFA8-DC24-4010-B4E9-1B1949196FAB.png (729x470, 301.15K)

I have never seen a TV Tropes example written like that. Can you screenshot one?

I hate how the majority of tropes have become averted tropes. I have been using the site for years and I swear the amount of averted trope examples have gotten worse

That's why tvtropes is a pointless endeavor. People have been telling stories for so long that it's basically cyclical. It's why deconstruction as tvtropes use is don't really make sense, because if you dig further enough, whatever deconstruction they claim would have been done by some other older work that was in turn done in response to some other older trend etc. Classic example: look at capeshit, you've got that period of nice superheroes doing super hero things, then people got sick of that so it's time for some edgy, grim dark superheroes are actually dicks, then people get sick of that and want superheroes being good etc.