What went wrong

What went wrong

Attached: 0520-Dune-Tout-Lede-a.jpg (1800x1200, 237.45K)

Attached: 1649716311435.png (495x543, 112.08K)

Villeneuve is a hack and has been making movies that are consistently ~1h too long

The shitty script, music, designs, character portrayals, and missing the entire point of the series are a bigger issue than miscasting Chani

Dune is a shitty franchise

Agree to disagree

>take half a movie
>make it one long movie

That about sums it up besides nothing else happening in the garbage movie. I'm glad all the fairweather film fans aren't here to talk this piece of garbage up anymore. It was way worse than the Lynch dune.

The real spice melange is tom Bradys shit..

You dont get it

YOU WILL EAT THE WORM POOP

It got a sequel.

I'd rather not.

Cope. It was great. You just don't have the mental capacity to appreciate it.

I turned it off before it even got to Chani. I couldn’t handle how badly they butchered Jessica’s character

You vill drink the pee from your clothes

Honestly I didn't mind her in this; it was the fact this movie is only half the original movie, and I basically know what happens next unless they add to it lmfao.

Screaming Arab woman, flat monochrome design. Felt more like brutalist game of thrones than Dune. Missing accentuated mannerisms and aesthetics for houses and tribes. Lots of odd casting too

>You just don't have the mental capacity to appreciate it.
Yea I get it you need a really high IQ to appreciate empty flat soulless set design and characters that act like robots.

I just hate French people

No banquet scene.

3 hours of this and another film and they didn't do the banquet scene? I don't get it.
>muh runtime.

>You just don't have the mental capacity to appreciate it.
Because Dune is so "deep" right? Villeneuve managed to make a semi interesting universe into a blank canvas. Just look at the portrayal of the harkonnens in this movie shit is ridiculously bland. It's white rice actually it's worse it's plastic rice.

All sense of political intrigue is absent not just the banquet

I heard they didnt even include Yueh’s backstory/ motivation. Is that true?

He didn't film all the sequels at the same time and release them all at once

Oh you're one of 'those' people. Did yoi notice how she never cried in front of someone else? She always did it in private or checked to make sure she was alone.

If Yea Forums hates it then it must be a good film.

Attached: 911.png (680x516, 10.82K)

Paul dreams of Chani instead of Jihad

They is no foreshadowing that Paul will be a tyrant responsible for billions of deaths

His motivation is in there. Tbh Yueh doesnt have that much of an indepth backstory in books anyway.

Did you notice how in the book she doesn’t do that and is one of the most capable and resilient characters in the entire series? Did you know she has Bene Gesserit training to control all her outwardly expressions?

No you wouldn’t have noticed that because you didn’t read the fucking book

Nothing

You faggots are unironically insane.

The most political intrigue contained in this film is a fat guy learing at you and rambling like a schizo from a tub of black goo and a bald steroid freak screaming into the camera. These characters almost have no relations to each other whatsoever nobody interacts in this film and you don't really get a sense of the deeper power dynamics that exist within and between the factions even the lynch dune did a better job. This movie glosses over anything of interest so you can get 10 minute shots of barren deserts, shitty looking future tech that look like failed experimental prototype weapons, and fat pale guys that ARE BAD JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE BAD!!!

>Did you know she has Bene Gesserit training to control all her outwardly expressions?
Even so, its not something that is maintained 24/7. She is still human and weaknesses like caring for Paul still gets to her. She cries in the books too and there's even a couple of times where it specifically states "choking back tears".

No scene where he tries to repopulate his house with his hot milf.

The movie portrayed her as a weak person with the facade of strength rather than a strong person that has moments of weakness and sincere emotions

Attached: dunc paul chani.jpg (615x355, 46.74K)

The movie pretty much got every single character wrong, but it's shiny(I think it actually looks like dogshit and is aesthetically unappealing in an inhumane brutalist manner though think soviet commieblock architectural style but in space) and retards that never saw a good movie before think it's profound.

Yeah if Yea Forums hates rings of power then it must be kino too

How to forget when the shill farms tried to push this fucking meme.

Crying and caring for her son isn't weak. Like I said, she cries in the books too just not exactly in the same parts but definitely in private or when shes alone with her son. They still portray Jessica as strong, they show her effortlessly use her powers, they show her maintain her presence amongst the Fremen. Sure the movie has flaws but Jessica is far from one of them.

>paul is a naive and brash young man plagued by dreams that he will become the universe’s greatest mass murderer
>portray paul as bland young adult self insert

Rebecca Ferguson constantly has the expression of a domestic abuse victim about to have another nervous breakdown

even when she smashes the fremen she sounds like she is about to piss her pants

It was great... as an accessory to the book. But it fails as a standalone movie. The plot is just a barebones summary of the book. It fails to communicate what Dune really is about - the battle of wits between superhuman minds, some with precognition. The struggle for absolute control over everything from the smallest muscle in a body to what the fate of the empire will be for millenia. Getting to see what these circumstances do to people is what makes Dune interesting, not dry plotpoints.

>portray paul as bland young adult self insert
Yea Chalamet was better in "The King" that movie has a retarded twist to it but it did the whole "young troubled man" thing better than Dune. His character in Dune is windowdressing for Villeneuve's jerk off shots of giant worms and the vastness of the desert.

It was so fucking clinical and sterile. Also too slow, like as if all the characters were autistic.

>Rebecca Ferguson constantly has the expression of a domestic abuse victim about to have another nervous breakdown
Happens in the books too. Jessica increasingly becomes worried for her son's safety/future. When they go into the desert looking for Fremen, that is when her worry slowly turns into fear. She becomes afraid of what her son is becoming.
In the books they express this fear through internal monologues. In the movie they tried to express these thoughts through facical expressions. I would think they avoided the whole internal monologue thing because it would seem cheesy in modern cinema, and feel like some 90's episode of Days of Our Lives with characters talking to themselves in their head. Some effects just dont work today, like how slow motion, low frame rate effects was a big thing back in 90's but looks shit and dated today.

>like as if all the characters were autistic.
The character writing was funky. Everyone has a boring personality and is 100 percent serious but we also have an Aquaman running around. It's like everyone in the movie represents just 1 aspect of a human personality nobody is truly whole. These characters have no depth.

Everyone is serious in the books too. This isn't marvel.

That doesn’t happen in the books at all. We know that is how she feels through monologues but she never shows it. That is the problem, Jessica isn’t expressive in the books but in the movie she is, making her a fundamentally different character

That is the problem with the whole franchise, 75% of the books are monologues that just don’t translate to a visual medium

They tried to adapt Dune

>Everyone is serious in the books too. This isn't marvel.
Apparently it is though because if you read the whole post you would see that I found literal Aquaman to be immersion breaking.

They titled the movie Dune, and then didn't bother adapting the book.

The characters have personalities in the book, they don't just stand there like cardboard cutouts and deliver lines.

Niggers

Attached: kynes.jpg (980x653, 200.63K)

I wanna fuck that bene gesserit concubine whore like you would not believe.

>Paul dreams of Chani instead of Jihad
That's so fucking stupid and changes the entire saga. Whoever thought that up should be banned from working in media.

Attached: dark-helmet-what.gif (498x270, 3.05M)

DESERT POWER

>Rebecca Ferguson constantly has the expression of a domestic abuse victim about to have another nervous breakdown
which is unbelievably arousing for some reason.

>being Jihad
>call it "Holy War"

Ninth Village is coward.

unironically she was one pf the best actors in the movie, shame they missed the point of kynes being an example of ‘white man’s burden’ of colonialism

should have cast her as the fremen mother or something

Yes, why didn't they make a more sensible casting. What's with genderswap blackwashing in such a long awaited film

LOVE THESE THREADS. ive really been needing something lately...and this fills the message board need. Thank you that is all. Hail Godemperor

Attached: 1640319970675m.jpg (1024x859, 138.71K)

Yes, but what of Liet Kynes? Her father. You know...the grandfather of the Godemperor

Is Kynes ever described in the books? I can’t remember but I always projected him as Lawrence of Arabia, which Herbert probably watched a few years earlier

or a less extreme version of kurtz from heart of darkness, someone that has gone native

point being it should have been obvious that kynes isn’t a fremen but has embraced freminity

What Arab women? Oh you mean the niggers. Well...cultural appropriateness dictates that...blah blah blah