What do they eat

what do they eat

Attached: sandworms.png (500x459, 221.09K)

I don't know, but the dune sandowrms are vastly bigger than anything else on that chart. It seems wrong

nothing, desert by definition is very low on organic content, thus everything about the 'shai hulud' is impossible scientifically.

Sand.

Sarlaccs are huge it's just the tip of the iceberg in the movies.

ass

they are silicon based and eat sand
water literally kills them

My penis looks like ???

Fingers

Attached: 16F3D21D-9B6A-4219-BE9D-40D3CF23040D.jpg (828x1003, 982.78K)

then the answer is sand

Amber turds

your moms ass can sustain a generation of sarlaccs

A sarlacc is way bigger than a graboid and Beetlejuice sandworm too.

probably yeah

My dick is huge aswell so only my tip is fitting inside your moms vagina lmao

Sandworms in Dune are autotrophic. Unlike your mom who enjoys a daily diet of organic material, by which I mean my semen, coming from my dick after she sucked me to completion, lmao

They don't eat sand, they're massive filter feeders who eat anything organic that's in sand.

Water in large quantities is poisonous to them, but most everything they eat contains water in very small quantities. Kind of the same way that antifreeze is poisonous to you in large quantities, however if you read the ingredients of most processed food, you'll find that antifreeze is used as a preservative in very small quantities that is harmless to you.

>size chart
>literally no scale, just four 30 second sketches

This is a bad drawing. Tremors is way smaller, sarlaac is much larger, and compared to shai hulud, the others would be only a few pixels

Why is there a gay dick thread on Yea Forums?

The Beetlejuice worms live on one of the moons of Saturn or Jupiter.

>filter feeders
>desert
>organic in sand

Based committing to the your mom jokes chad

On arrakis, there's tons of subterranean life living in the sand. Most of what the sandworms eat is other sandworms in different stages of maturity, like sand plankton and sand trout.

Explained in the book, which you should read, nigger

Attached: K4uuxFEuPhCJszAANUDCDYl-7lb88Uum-jFI1Cr_SYI.jpg (763x707, 84.27K)

if theres tons of subterranean life in the sand it wouldnt be sand, it would be dirt

Where my Ass-Blasters at?

What do all those subterraneans eat?

Thanks bro

I bet there are bigger worms in 40000

>fremen worship this

Attached: atretochoana-eiselti.jpg (1200x900, 205.16K)

no way were the graboids that bid

Dirt is decayed carbon rich matter. Sand is inorganic silicone matter. Both, even on earth, has plenty of life residing in it. In sand, lifeforms obviously have to find some other form of sustenance besides the sand itself, which turns out to be all the other shit living in the sand as well. You're fucking stupid, btw.

People. They are by nature carnivorous

Dune worms don't eat organic matter. They feed off the sand. I don't know where people are getting other ideas from.

>inorganic silicone matter even on earth has plenty of life residing in it

>sandworms can eat harvesters whole but if you use a steel hook to peel their scales they immediately becomes betas and follow your command
Cool story Frank

You think there's nothing that can live under sand?

Sandworms eat the plankton in the sand. It's not like this is disputed. Low information posters here, sad!

Yep, watch planet earth sometime. Even deserts have life living in the sand.

the sandworm in beetlejuice is just called a fucking sandworm. what retard made this?

Dune is a contrived shit series, read the culture series instead

Pussy. Worms are simps.

so what you're saying is that the most valuable thing in the empire is worm poop?

i-is that a black man’s cock?

Will Dune 2 include the part where Jamis' wife becomes Pauls legal sex slave and constantly begs for his dick while her kids call him based for killing their dad?

>Sand plankton grow into sandtrout but it is unclear if sand plankton are offspring of sandtrout

yes. very many huge animals.

Nah it’s an Amphibian, unless your implying black men are amphibious?

actual autism

I think they're hinting it's unclear if the sand plankton is an offspring of the worm or of the trout.

No, guys, we mean where does the energy come from? The sand creatures on the beach have little slimy probiscus that eats proteins provided by the sea, I'm not sure there's much life out in the real Sahara, I think you need an energy source. Hey I read the books, I get it, there's a big underground ecosystem, right? So what are you telling me, there's a big potent nutrient rich crawling organic meatball down there? Isn't there some form of decay, entropy? Is it endless? Is anything photosynthetic in a way where they would bring sun energy in? What the fuck precisely are we talking about here. And I'm not stupid about the series either, I legitimately think Herbert's admirable attempt at smart ecology just doesnt actually work here

wow, hes literally me

not that different from an elephant

Ecological cycles don't work like that, there is nothing inputting energy into the system.

You need to introduce some kind of plant or animal that uses chromatophors or some other process to turn energy from the local Star into food for itself that then gets eaten by the Sandtrout or Sand plankton.

At any rate, ecological systems cannot be a closed loop like that, they require some kind of raw energy input somewhere. On Earth this through algae and plants and certain kinds of single cell organisms.

I love Dune but Herbert's life cycle for Arrakis is kind of dumb.

The Beetlejuice ones scared me as a kid. They were also in the cartoon.

This!!! Fucking half-wits think they're the masters because they've read the wiki but they can't even interrogate the content!

Well dune is obviously a different environment that can sustain creatures that large. They establish that there's plenty of water on dune to sustain life, but unlike on earth, most of this water is used by the subterranean life. They eventually terraform the planet into a lush world by simply leaching this water away from the underground.

Using my considerable mentat powers, I have deduced that there may be some relationship between the spice and the sandworms.

Attached: safo.jpg (640x640, 221.31K)

How does the energy come into the planet? Alright I respect the theme of extreme conservationism to survive a hostile environment, but answer me this is Dune as as desert planet in a state of decay or not? Are we to believe this ecosystem perfectly retains a set amount of biomass? Or is there a photosynthetic being? I'm doing Herbert's writing for him here which is funny because he wrote so much

>sci-fi book isn't 100% accurate
>UHM SOURCE? WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS? HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN? I DON'T THINK THIS CAN HAPPEN!
people with aspergers should be publically executed in the most painful ways imaginable

>nigga thinks sci fi has to make sense

Well the question in op was "what do they eat?" and not "does it make sense?"

They know there's massive amounts of subterranean life, but nobody in the dune universe understands fully how it functions. And as with everything in dune, there's plenty of people who have an interest in the planet NOT being understood, and then you get into the political motives of the universe. It's very beneficial for whoever controls the spice for the process to not be understood.

Attached: 64ff.gif (480x264, 1.64M)

What about this one?

Attached: QuarrelsomeDearestCheetah-size_restricted.gif (462x260, 3.93M)

Taxes.

No no no no no, you are not pulling this horseshit on me. Dune is THE ecology-minded written-by-a-geological-surveyor proud-of-its-knowledge-of-desert-species-and-applying-its-findings-on-how-ecology-breeds-human-politics-behavior-and-culture series. I am not shitting on it, you don't have to fuck up your ability to ask this question just because you think I'm hurting it, I am a fan. Get a grip, this is the type of question the series encourages you to ask