Cowboy Bebop reportedly had a budget similar to Netflix's Altered Carbon, which, in 2018...

>Cowboy Bebop reportedly had a budget similar to Netflix's Altered Carbon, which, in 2018, was one of the most expensive productions in TV and web series history.
>the John Cho-starrer anime adaptation had a budget of $6 to $7 million per episode.
>This roughly translates to a total budget of $60-70 million.

Why did Netflix spend almost a hundred million dollars on this? What were they thinking?

Attached: 1638569584593.png (1200x800, 1.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xmn5dkjUyS0].
youtube.com/watch?v=PcqwAgCS5cE&list=PLDisKgcnAC4QUm_M8IkirqhdMKnYtlIJZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this show was fun I can't believe they caved to dumb neckbeard anime fans

Did Altered Carbon slash the budget for S2? Because it looked like shit compared to S1.

kys

Attached: Oh no!.png (1116x625, 160.3K)

>this show was fun
why did no one watch it then?
>caved to dumb neckbeard anime fans
weren't they stunning and brave for shitting on to every criticism they got from anime fans

And altered carbon season 1 was pretty fucking brilliant. it made a netflix sub worth it at that time

then season 2 happened.

no, it was just boring and didnt have an interesting lead to play takeshi. the problem wasnt a budget one, but a writing and acting one

Imagine spending all that money only for your writers to absolutely shit the bed

I thought Netflix didn't release their viewership numbers?

I can almost handle black Jet, but that dude they cast as spike was terribly miscast.

Clearly whoever was in charge of casting thinks John Cho is the only Asian-American actor.

They used to for their top 10 shows to flex. I think they stopped recently

yes that is how the lead turned to a negro

Same. I hate niggers but we grew up with Jet having a black voice actor so at least I could cope. But casting a gook for Spike Speigal (german name because he is white) was a mistake. Asians just don’t have that type of personality. Doesn’t work for them.

They didn’t spend shit, it’s jewlywood, it was for money laundering. The show looked like shit because these woke retards they let write it got dimes, 98% of the show’s budget went straight into some Jew’s pocket.

altered carbon show was embarrassing if you read the books

That’s not even close to the high end really. These Disney shows that look like shit are costing like 20m an episode. Shows are costing a lot of money these days with streaming being huge.

Attached: A2B1B65E-FE14-4E39-A970-38334ED67022.jpg (2000x2000, 2.04M)

i watched the anime cuz of this trash. only good thing that came out of it. the anime is kino

>altered carbon was anything except complete garbage
you have to be at least 13 to post here

How the fuck does ‘Stranger Things’ cost $30million per episode?

they went from "kids solve mystery in small town" to some War of the Worlds shit on international scale
I liked S3 but they completely lost the grip on why the show got popular

Hasn't it been speculated that Netflix has been money laundering? Also wouldn't surprise me that all these new changes are being done purposely to sink the company and so that people won't check the books after the ship has sank.

>What were they thinking?
niggers on tv, money is not a problem

Attached: 1649446767250.png (1776x1260, 1.67M)

Those are in my top 5 Netflix shows they ever did.

they really owned those incels by not listening to anything they said and making a bad show that was cancelled immediately

Amber Heard wrote for CB?

Spike is a jew

Netflix writers are actually a level beneath normal studio writing staffs who write to focus groups that presumably generate money, the netflix crew writes for twitter approval, easy example is "Bonding" a sex comedy about a part time dominatrix that becomes a boring lecture on the virtues of bdsm(spoken by a powerful woman of color/bdsm jedi master) after the show runner caught some flack from twitter from the BDSM community. I say they're beneath normal commercial writers because aside from creatively bankrupt their work generates no money.

and it looks like they're doing the same thing with One Piece, can't wait to see another live action anime trainwreck

All things considered it was pretty average. Not good and not bad, super middle of the road sci-fi. It never stood a chance against its source material though. It never could have lived up to the hype.

black jet was the best thing by far in this piece of shit, I could even accept that lady they got for faye if they didnt fuck the character.
but spike was terrible, too old, too short, too ugly.

It got canceled because nobody watched it and lost money.

Because Netflix is great at decision making.

Attached: 1637483239236.png (1000x873, 1006.39K)

If it wasn't called Cowboy Bebop it probably would have done okay, but it just couldn't live up the expectations - especially with the stupid changes that they made

Western attempt to destroy Japanese culture by purchasing rights to it, filling it with western values like homosexuality, and pushing it to the forefront as the new normal in society.

>If it wasn't called Cowboy Bebop
It still would've failed regardless.

>its not about the massage
>its about a happy ending

Hope your art career is going well girl!

Actors that have to come back every season demand more and more money or you can't make your show.
It's probably why netflix drops most shows after S2, to keep costs down.

I think it's more that they just get the most new subscriptions out of the hype a new series premiere brings in. People get excited and resubscribe to check out a new show with a lot of push and hype behind it. The people watching their active shows are already subscribed, so you don't need to put as much money into that. But you make more money and improve financial reports by getting new subscriptions or people starting inactive ones back up. Season 5 of whatever isn't improving those numbers the way the reboot of an established property is or new promising IP.

True. Only occasionaly do you get a GoT type show that grows in viewer numbers every season but GoT also had a trick where it reversed the right to kill any of the cast while the cast itself was fucking massive which made it harder for any actor to argue for a higher wage. Instead they put the money into CGI dragons.

They thought fans would just watch consoom.

Spike was half bad. The guy has a decent body for it but he's way too old and probably too short. Jet's actor was at least trying to imitate Jet's voice from the anime.
The biggest problem was the characterizations. None of them acted like they were supposed to and Faye was obnoxious.

The biggest problem the live action series had was that one of the main characters Netflix had to adapt was a 12or 14 year old girl whose defining characteristic was that she spent most of her screen time with her bare soles pointed at the audience.

Attached: __edward_wong_hau_pepelu_tivrusky_iv_cowboy_bebop_drawn_by_mochida_annie__25d0b21f57388981a818c20b3541727c.jpg (1098x785, 222.77K)

>Bebop comes out in the late 90s
>Low budget live-action show comes out 15 years after the hype died away
What could go wrong?

thank fucking god for Japanese lolis, truly the chemo keeping westerners out

WHY YES MY NAME IS WOODCOCK AND I DEFINITELY NEEEEEEEEEEED BBC OH COWBOY BEBOP? UUUH.. YEAH. SPACESHIP.... CHOCOLATE MAN!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah that's my biggest complaint. Faye in the anime is a femme fatale who leans into her feminine charm and seduction to get ahead whenever she can. Faye in the Netflix adaptation feels like she's trying to be "one of the guys".

How did bignoses survive snorting that much coke?

lol why is she "sitting?" in the couch upside down??

Exactly. I dont remember who exactly it was but they literally said that they specifically changed her costume because it was too revealing and sexy.
They just dont even understand the characters. There was a lot of forced agendas in the later episodes too.

Same as anything else in the industry, millennial jews tricked boomer jews into thinking they had money in the bank by taking a hot property but also appealing to twitter. You think this is bad? Wait until Avatar Live Action and One Piece Live Action flops.

Are there still retards who don't understand that production is only one part of the budget? 18+

The way the west tries to adapt anime is like the way it used to adapt capeshit, maybe pre-Batman (1989) or at least Marvel now.

It likes the "property" but gives it to people that never really liked it for its own sake (see also Star Wars, currently in the hands of the only writing team on the planet where nobody likes Star Wars). Back in the day this was because nobody wanted to admit to liking the Incredible Hulk so you get the weirdly sad TV series that is really more of a Frankenstein adaptation than a Hulk one.

Its like the GITS film, I don't know how they managed to make the Major so boring. The point of the character is really a bit like Dr Who (who has suffered the same fate) - the Major is at her best when she's slightly more mysterious even than what she is fighting against ["I can't be cool" starts playing more often that not when the Major is being weird, youtu.be/xmn5dkjUyS0]. We're always being shown Batou has no idea about her, not really, even when he thinks they are close. But nobody writing it knew that.

Biggest strike against Cowboy Bebop, and I'm not bothered about nerd detail in any of these things, its that it isn't cool. I mean, what is the point if it isn't cool.

>Introducing RED: THE SERIES!
>Whole internet blows up
>Release day you pop on Red: The series, ready for your dose of Red
>It's actually Blue
>Complain online that it isn't Red
>Get blamed for when it fails

Oh yes, you certainly are Woodcock, because Woodcock, you lust for big WOOD and COCK!

This was the only anime I was interested in or ever wanted adapted to live action b/c of this. Inever even watched it only watched clips of Ed and looked at pics of her. I remember being a freshman in college & wanting there to be a live action so bad so I could watch the ed clips on YouTube. And I was so excited when they were making the live action show. Only for it to end with no feet and barely no ed. it's just bullshit

>normal anime... but live action!

I never watched even a second of this shit because i dont want to ruin Bebop, i just have one question. Did Yoko Kanno make a new OST for the show or did the show reuse the anime music?
If you watched it how would you rate just the music?

FPBP
All good shows get canceled. The shows that don't get canceled are sub-70 IQ fare like the Office or OITNB

Music is good, music is new, music is worse, 7/10

Any memorable song?

I liked it and I disliked the anime. It's a shame because maybe if they pivoted onto a different but familiar idea we could have had a comfy sci-fi with no boots to try and fill and neckbeards to win over

>when your show is so damn bad Yea Forums completely forgets you made a main character a nigger and the hot girl character a fridge

it would be better with 20-minutes episodes

youtube.com/watch?v=PcqwAgCS5cE&list=PLDisKgcnAC4QUm_M8IkirqhdMKnYtlIJZ

and if it wasn't made by westerners

Spiegel is definitively a jewish name user
that said i wouldn’t have minded an asian actor but harold isn’t fitting at all for this