Moore writes Rorschach to be a bad influence and a terrible person saying he's a right wing maniac that calls women...

>Moore writes Rorschach to be a bad influence and a terrible person saying he's a right wing maniac that calls women whores, kills criminals, and believes there's some big conspiracy going around
>Becomes the most beloved character in the comic and the movie
What the fuck did Moore do wrong?

Attached: watchmen1.jpg (1200x675, 63.09K)

Roacharch was right about everything though??

>What the fuck did Moore do wrong?
Not transforming him in a caricature because you retards, and the idiots on the other side, only understand blatant exaggerated traits and think in black and white - ironically.

he looks so cool

Made him right about literally everything despite his negative traits. People care more about the truth than they do about who's telling it

>What the fuck did Moore do wrong?

Didn't make him cringe enough.

Notice how Paul Dano's Riddler is basically Rorschach but way more fucking competent in every single way, but because he acts like a fag instead of like a badass it doesn't matter. Your goals and ideals don't actually matter, only how you present them does.

Attached: rev_1_TBM_SS_PD_0340rv2_High_Res_JPEG.jpg (1200x1601, 134.98K)

Rorschach is cool. Gay modern writers would be afraid to present an ideology other than their own as in any way compelling.

Moore isn’t left enough, he’s discarded

You ever notice British men can only create heroes using ‘muh satire’? Rorschach, Dredd, Warhammer 40k, etc, etc. What does it mean?

Attached: dredd comic.jpg (824x1158, 557.2K)

Moore is a super God-hating atheist, isn't he? The truth is people like the idea of divine retribution against evil, so even though Moore betrays the Abrahamic God (Rorschach) as this psychologically disturbed autist (hence the reference to the Rorschach test), he is still more attractive to people than the absent, passive god of materialism represented by Dr Manhattan. People ultimately want a God who cares and is willing to make judgements. Rorschach is the most morally decisive character in the story.

Attached: R (61).jpg (339x521, 54.01K)

Judge Dredd is so fucked, Countless people will die & it'll end on a corny joke.

It just sums up why the world doesn't like them.

Brit here. We've become extremely cynical after the Victorian era. Those world wars blew our morale. The American naïve optimism doesn't exist here except as an import.

like all leftards he is a fruitcake completely out of touch with reality

nothing moore doesn't understand his own creations

>Moore is a super God-hating atheist, isn't he?

He literally believes magic is real and that there are some things science can't explain like consciousness.

Yeah that's why I put a question mark. To the extent that he does accept some kind of extra-material reality though, he seems to be an occultist who would prefer to side with the biblical devil than the biblical God.

I don't think you actually understand Moore's intentions.

>Yeah that's why I put a question mark. To the extent that he does accept some kind of extra-material reality though, he seems to be an occultist who would prefer to side with the biblical devil than the biblical God.

He believes that god is real through belief and that belief itself is a form of reality, and that it's no less real than the material world we live in. If he believes god is an physical being I don't know.

he's one of those fags who wants to believe in magic but has to square it with reality by saying that magic (he probably spells it magick) is, in so many words, using the spoken word or artistic expression to influence other people or the world

the type of person who wishes he could have some supernatural belief, but he can't because he scoffs at religious beliefs and ultimately believes in a wholly material world

Moore never understood what made superheroes appealing. They're masked avengers who don't have to follow laws like ordinary people. The first superman comics were very violent.

That plus the world was pretty shitty so it’s easy to think: “Well, he’s right in that universe.

It's like that western that the writer/director intended to be pro-communist but the end result could be perceived as so anti-commie that the Soviets banned it.

basado

Because their leaders are all tossers

>he's one of those fags who wants to believe in magic but has to square it with reality by saying that magic (he probably spells it magick) is, in so many words, using the spoken word or artistic expression to influence other people or the world

He's said he equates magic to stuff like politics and culture, ie things that don't physically exist in our 3d material space, but still shape and control it nontheless.

He fucked up by making Rorschach the only one in opposition to Veidt's ridiculous plan.

Moore wrote honestly about something he dislikes. Liberals used to like doing that.

All of them were in opposition, once it was revealed. But by that time it was a little bit too late.

It's always ironic when this shit backfires.

Attached: red skull dropping redpills.jpg (634x542, 173.5K)

It was too late, and everyone agreed to go with it because the lie had already been told and millions had already been killed by the squid, except for Rorschach. Veidt committed mass murder and only Rorschach wanted him to be held accountable for it.

Moore's a good writer so he wrote a nuanced character he fundamentally disagrees with. He put himself in Rorschach's shoes and articulated Rorschach's viewpoint the way Rorschach would. He also included points where characters treat Rorschach unfairly and he calls them on that, like the psychologist who's basically a decent duded but is still only interested in Rorschach because it'll boost his career.
Finally, a lot of Rorschach's massive flaws are surface level, while his virtues are deep. Rorschach is ferociously moral, courageous, and clever. He stares down a god before he dies. By contrast, we have what for flaws? He's poor, he smells bad, and he has crappy social skills. Those are things that wouldn't make me want to hang out with him, but they don't make him a bad person. He's a bit of a bigot, yes, but we have a mountain of evidence that this actually doesn't seriously affect his behavior. For example, we never see him brutalize minorities for just hanging around, and despite being a raging misogynist he repeatedly shows compassion towards women and righteous anger towards their mistreatment in all but a handful of cases (his mother, who viciously abused him, and Sally Jupiter, who he thinks is a liar).
Then you've got Ozy, who's virtues are all surface level (charming, handsome, wealthy, physically fit, holds all the "right" views), but who's flaws are fundamentally monstrous. And since Rorschach is the last one to stand against him, people tend to identify with Rorschach.

t. nigger

He's right on all universes

..At the cost of the newfound “peace”. The others were fighting to save lives, Rorschach was fighting for an ideal.

This.

>calls women whores
In the 80's this was only partially true
>kills criminals
Wrong by our conventions but perfectly just throughout most of history
>believes there's some big conspiracy
There literally was.

NEVER COMPROMISE

NOT EVEN IN THE FACE OF ARMAGEDDON

>british men
>british
>men
lel

Rorschach is like Javert in Les Miserables but instead of dogmatically subscribing to the letter of the law he has developed his own internal code to which he adheres. However, Rorschach is largely broken from the outset of the story (and such informs his internal code as demonstrated by his hypocrisies and dysfunctional reality testing) whereas Javert has a moment of clarity that shatters his sense of reality. The end is the same for both characters--tragedy and suicide.

Rorschach is truly mentally ill to the point of being delusional. A reader can easily see the parallels in his being able to track Veidt's plan to its horrific conclusions. In the end, it's up to the reader to flesh out Rorschach's reaction to what has happened; for me, it's that he feels the full weight of what Veidt has done and can no longer maintain his cynicism and misanthropy.

P.S. I didn't watch more than the first episode of the HBO show because it's awful.

I didn't even watch the first one because niggers

>. I didn't watch more than the first episode of the HBO show because it's awful.
filtered

based
cringe

>whereas Javert has a moment of clarity
I should clarify that both Rorschach and Javert have a moment where the weight of their worldviews comes back on them. (I was trying to point out that Javert isn't a jumbled mess throughout the book whereas Rorschach is constantly on the edge throughout the story). Both stories have a crescendo incident that completely shatters and reframes how they see the world.

I gave it a shot but there was absolutely no moral depth in the storytelling. Instead of wading into complexity, it followed an ideology.
If you like the show, you're filtered by the comic.
Come up with a better take.

>If you like the show, you're filtered by the comic
how does that follow?

The comic is about moral ambiguity and asks the reader to criticize every single character. Their motivations aren't simplistic and there isn't a true villain or hero in the story. The show is 10 hours of selling you on an ideology and hitting you over the head with the fact racism:bad.

How is Rorschach delusional? He is uncompromising and cynical, but what was he wrong about? And even if you say he was wrong about something because you disagree with him, what was he delusional about? I feel like people can see that he's unironically right, but have to rationalize it away by claiming he's just delusional and insane, because otherwise they would have to reevaluate their own values.

Look around, it came true!

>saying he's a right wing maniac

he kinda is though. just because he is enjoyable doesn't mean he isn't kind-of crazy. i mean he breaks into the houses of his associates and eats their food. he also has insane amounts of mental trauma from his shitty upbringing, to the point where public displays of affection disgust him.

rorschach is a great character but that doesn't mean he was 'right'

>How is Rorschach delusional?

his thinking is purely in black and white. he isn't built for big-picture decisions, he was never going to be more than a street vigilante. he has no capacity for long-term thinking.

Reality testing and not being conscious of his own hypocrisies (e.g. living like an animal on the fringe of society). He's basically an edgelord who copes by framing the world as black/white according to his own twisted judgment. Also, the point isn't whether he's wrong or right. He is certainly wrong about the world being black/white but it's his delusional paranoia that allows him to bring together the fragments and uncover Veidt's plan.

That's not what delusional means.

>i fight for justice, the world a shit
>also i've broken down your door for the second time this week and I'm eating your beans, dear friend of mine.
>i get information by breaking the fingers of random people that I assume are criminals

>eats their food
>dis nigga eating beans!

You know the saying, "Damning with faint praise"? You are praising with faint damnation.

>You know the saying, "Damning with faint praise"?

no, i've literally never heard this.

Think you mean the comedian

Thread/

more like what he did right
>You have to write your characters like real people even if you hate them

That was some other user who answered the question you asked me but he wasn't wrong. Delusions are defined by a pattern of thinking as it relates to reality testing. Rorschach fits the world according to his thoughts and doesn't change his thoughts to fit reality (until perhaps the very end of the story--that's left ambiguous for the reader). That's the definition of delusional.

His whole first line of inquiry is about a "mask killer" despite the only thing leading to that is that the guy who got killed was the Comedian. This lets Ozymandias bait him and play him for most of the story and conduce his plan largely unhampered.

That's how Veidt justified his genocide.

All that said I still like Rorschach and don't think of him as being a despicable reject who gets what is coming to him at the end of the story. His death is tragic and seeing him annihilated by Manhattan isn't a happy moment.

There's that saying that a broken clock is still right twice a day. Rorschach's broken moral compass was able to point to true north--but what did the "heroes" find there and how did things end up for the person who lead them to that place?

He's the main character and he's interesting and entertaining. People who watch Narcos and think Pablo Escobar is the best character don't agree with Pable Escobar's actions.

That wasn't genocide, you dolt. It was mass murder, but completely justified and necessary. Everyone would die if not for that action. So either everyone dies or just a million dies and multiple billions get to live? Those are the only options.

Yes, that's what satire is.

>Becomes the most beloved character in the comic and the movie
among terrible people and right wing chuds

Riddler will go down as a legend in Gotham because only Batman saw his cringe breakdown. No one besides him knows Riddler was a chud. He even got loyal unpaid henchmen that do everything for him.

The message is more complex than that though. Pic related.

Attached: Gerontion excerpt.jpg (576x500, 131.27K)

Are you an ESL-kun?

Archie Bunker
Ron Swanson
same deal. Jews write strawmen of the sort of white men they hate, making them fat slobs, bald, ignornat, arrogant, etc. and the audience STILL prefers them to the cringing jews like Nite Owl we're supposed to root for.