INVINCIBLE

>Capeshit but with.. LE GORE

Attached: 8C8D9BA6-065D-4B49-A7F4-AC6053FEBBDE.jpg (460x575, 63.36K)

I hate how in the show the gore is turned up to 11, in the comics there's lots of gore, but used in sporadic and meaningful scenes, in the show is everywhere because `WE'RE COOL AND THIS IS FOR ADULTS".

Season 1 was great but the thing that kept it going was the mystery from the stinger of EP1. I read the comics after finishing the first season and was thoroughly underwhelmed.

Attached: 1644602198125.png (400x349, 185.69K)

Why is his son such a cuck?

Attached: IcyHideousAmericanratsnake-size_restricted.gif (445x252, 2.3M)

Too bad there wasn't any rape done by Omniman.

Just imagine.

Attached: 92708588.74499996_XD.jpg (720x478, 18.96K)

>WHAT IF SUPERMAN WAS ..... LE BAD?!?
I'm so tired of Injustice shit, bros

>Gore is... THE GOOD

Attached: RCO058_1469466513.jpg (1988x3051, 1.4M)

Is this some capeshit cartoon?

Not being raised as a true Arya- I mean Viltromite

Robot looks like that in the comics!?

You read the comics that covered the same story as the show, and you still thought the show was "great"?

I like capeshit but never got the hype behind Invincible. It always just felt really standard and paint by the numbers to me. People have described it as American Dragon Ball Z but I thought it was just mid.

No, it's because they only have 11 episodes to tell a story. The comic didn't have any restrain in terms of telling a story.

Is there anything to Invincible despite just being straight capeshit but violent and edgy?

At least the Boys has social commentary and examines why society is so fucking obsessed with superheroes, Invincible just looks like another unironic capeshit story

Attached: homelander.jpg (1400x700, 126.21K)

In the comics mark is raped by a tomboy female viltrumite

>Age

its capeshit for people who are le adulting and its so hecking hard to be an adult you know?
gotta smoke some weed, eat some cereal, put on my amazon basics pjs and enjoy my bright colored capeshit cartoons

>covered the same story as the show
It really doesn't, though. The first few volumes are shuffled around to make for a more interesting translation to an animated series.
Removing the excessive gore everywhere after the first episode, the first season is great.
I can't really fathom someone being so retarded that they can't understand that sometimes adaptations can be better then the original material.

Attached: 1643972822870.png (1024x838, 521.8K)

You accidently described the Boys. At least Invincible has genuine moments, although it's admittedly not much better

It's better because it's earnest. The Boys is a subversion.

>Is there anything to Invincible despite just being straight capeshit but violent and edgy?
The story is better, the twists are more unexpected. It definitely has more heart, but they're completely different stories. Their only similarity is that they both have extreme violence and superheroes.

Attached: b232de7a03c18e51440e2c6744dfbb01.jpg (585x900, 84.75K)

Uh, The Boys has gore as well.
Why did you single out Invincible?

Thats his 1000+ year old design for killing viltrumites, he spends alot of time in the flaxan dimension where he doesnt age

wtf Nolan is a cunnychad?

>Haha, look at me, I'm so much better than these MANCHILDREN who look at cartoons with such ICKY WICKY gore in them!

Bro, just stop. You're not impressing anyone. We get it, you hate capeshit and think you're oh so above it.

Attached: 1634270407992.png (331x304, 115.03K)

Mark gets raped by pic related and impregnates the bitch

Attached: 1650067858229.jpg (1988x3056, 590.21K)

>gotta smoke some weed, eat some cereal, put on my amazon basics pjs and enjoy my bright colored capeshit cartoons

That sounds like a good sunday morning except for the PJs part. I prefer to have my breakfast completely naked.

>I can't really fathom someone being so retarded that they can't understand that sometimes adaptations can be better then the original material.
Well I can certainly recognize adaptations being better than the source material (Secret of NIMH). But this is not one of those times. Anything Seth Rogan digs his greasy sausage fingers into can never be superior. I don't support race swaps in ANY adaptation. The cheeky idpol insertions were not beneficial to the story either ("She reads le fourth wave femenism books teehee"). Fuck that, and fuck you.

I can believe it if he was gay or if she was some hideous hambeast, but she has the proportions of a superheroine meaning big tits, wide hips, thick thighs and somehow he still DOESN'T WANT IT

Thats mark

Every person I know irl who is into comics is an edgy manchild who unironically thinks violence and sex equals "deep and mature" content well into their 30s. Usually metalheads as well.

I guess I'm just not interested in unironic capeshit anymore and don't think violence for its own sake is appealing.

He's supposed to be a Shinji-like character

You're getting old.

The people making capeshit are all old. Have you seen James Gunn?

Yeah but if your gonna have a show about super powered aliens why not have them crush some heads like grapes or punch holes through people. Especially for animation it makes sense. I dont get the big problem people have with violence in shit like this.

What the fuck are you talking about, user?

In the end he ends up more of a man than Nolan ever was.

Because a)he's in love with Eve and b)she's just forcing herself on him after trying to enslave hsi planet

Attached: invincible1102014digiymu25.jpg (1988x3056, 1.37M)

He was in love with Atom Eve

He was raped because he didnt want to cheat on his redhead super wife whos the mother to his daughter. He feels guilty because he could of ripped her in 2 given the fact that he murdered the oldest and 2nd strongest viltrumite twice before. He liked it which is why he feels like shit for allowing it to happen.

Attached: EXHuEFRXkAUoBHE.jpg (1200x900, 275.04K)

This. Violence and sex is bad chuds.

>our race became strong by... le killing everyone
Lol. Doesn't work that way at all. What a retarded show.

Attached: Markiplier.jpg (600x800, 73.01K)

>let me consoom!!!

yeah but look at that body, he could just fuck her and THEN kill her

The thing about Invincible is that you cannot judge this series based on just watching the tv show alone. It barely covers the first 20 or so issues (out of order) and hardly even gets deep enough to when the storyline becomes great. Wait until at least season 3 to judge the series. Season 1 literally covers the most boring arc of the entire comic.

Attached: bearded mark nolan and kid oliver invincible.jpg (744x1080, 271.53K)

They stopped dying of old age, their emperor was killed they commenced purge to select the strongest as their regent

i hope a white man reads this, bro

>Violence for it's own sake.
I'm not a Gunnhater.

Spoiled brats. They want their super ayys but don't want to see what it would really be like.
>Violence is ok as long as I don't have to see it
It's almost tyrannical no... Dictatorial? No... Psychotic and detached from humanity? Yeah, I think that's accurate. People are shit.
I think they should go complain and shit up some other story.

homelander's the only supe who is even remotely hinted at as maybe he wouldn't have been to a full-on psycho if he'd been brought up better. every single other one is just a straight-up monster, who - even if they don't go out of their way to abuse, rape, or murder innocent people for fun - legit don't give a shit if someone else does right in front of them.

the closest real-world analogy would be something like an army on the warpath. when they take a city after a long siege, you don't give a fuck, you just let them rush in there, killing, raping, pillaging; men, women, children, it doesn't matter. supes in the boys are in that unhinged state of mind 24/7, and since they're supes nobody can stop them.

I don't think ennis cares much or had any message to the story. all his comics are edgy misanthroipic blackpilled shit about how humans suck and superhumans - being less constrained - would suck even more. the only people in his stories who are presented as anything other than pieces of shit are the naive and truly innocent, like the literal retard supes in the boys, or starlight before she gets gangbanged by the rest of the seven. some real eating the apple in eden type stuff. knowledge and the power to act on it inevitably makes you into a piece of shit who probably should be put down.

Attached: 5E0D154E-07AB-4DD0-92E3-3DDE2BD791B9.jpg (599x436, 194.51K)

Yep just edginess for the sake of edginess. Makes no logical sense.

Gore is fucking nice and improves any piece of media. Just got done watching the batman and the PG-13 rating and lack of physical injuries sustained by the characters really drags the movie down. Dont want a show where intense injuries occur? Dont have your characters endure moments that should give them gory injuries.

That's Mark and his daughter, Terra.

Attached: tumblr_p49c5rrkuk1taspq0o1_1280.png (1080x1585, 1.76M)

So why the fuck were those cyborg zombies so powerful? The power levels in this show make no sense.

Mark is young and actually very weak by the standards of Viltrumites.

But like 2 or 3 of them were beating the shit out of Omniman and withstanding his attacks despite being ostensibly human flesh with some metal armor.

I'm not opposed to violence, I'm just saying that violence in and of itself isn't something that draws me to a series. I like the Boys because of its examination of how the capeshit myth is used as a tool of control by capitalist interests so the proletariat never try to solve their own problems, and anything meaningful in the genre has destroyed by appealing to focus groups. "What if Superman...was real... and bad?" isn't new, but Homelander is fascinating because he's a portrayal of Superman the media franchise if it was built around a real, breathing person, and the juxtaposition between Homelander's limitless power but still being a cucked sadboi owned by a corporation makes him interesting.

Invincible doesn't seem to say much about anything at all and seems carried entirely by its ultra-violence. It's like its made for the same people who think Clone Wars is deep because people occasionally get decapitated despite airing on Cartoon Network lol

Attached: homelander lasers.jpg (1280x720, 52.1K)

pretty shallow take

>I like the Boys because of its examination of how the capeshit myth is used as a tool of control by capitalist interests so the proletariat never try to solve their own problems
I used to want to watch The Boys, and now I don't. Thanks, nigger.

They nerfed omniman hard in the show. In the comics he didn't even break a sweat killing all the Guardians, it was just one page of him mauling them.

I don't get it either. It serves a purpose in the show, showing what a schizo Nolan is. Kind of what would happen if Vegeta didn't just fight the good guys in the desert.

Attached: 2dd.jpg (600x600, 40.15K)

>superevilman parody is filled with gore and senseless violence!
do you even enjoy anything anymore ?
hate begets hate , and in this case here is your (you) i liked it.