/shelf/

FCBD afterglow edition
>What are you currently reading?
>What new books have you gotten recently?
>Did your LCS have any good sales going on?

Don't know where to buy? Try these:
amazon.com/
bookdepository.com (worldwide shipping)
booksetc.co.uk/ (EU)
cheap-comics.com (EU)
instocktrades.com/ US (worldwide shipping)
dcbservice.com/
mycomicshop.com US(worldwide shipping)
speedyhen.com (UK)
tfaw.com (worldwide shipping)

[best deal websites for comics]
bookoutlet.com/browse/products/comics
cheapestbookprice.com/

[your local comic shop here]

List of things out next week:
comiclist.com/index.php
Upcoming Omnibus/Hardcovers:
goodreads.com/topic/group_folder/305597

[want to read comics but not buy?]
readcomiconline.li/
getcomics.info/

Attached: spinner-rack.jpg (1600x1067, 423.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rightstufanime.com/search?keywords=Artbooks
mycomicshop.com/search?q=nathan never&pubid=&PubRng=
youtu.be/HFzoGb4gsv8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reading this.
Superman is in Exile and as of this morning I’m in quarantine.

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.3M)

I want a spinner rack but they're too expensive.
No point in checking Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace there isn't a comic store in close to 100 miles of me.

>Albedo

Attached: albedo.png (300x168, 64.02K)

Bought the 2nd volume of the Dynamite Elvira. Wasn't planning on it but it seems to be selling out so fuck it.
I'm really, REALLY hoping the Ghost Rider epic stays in stock on instocktrades until the She-Hulk omni comes out.
I doubt it will though.

Did any of your LCS' have any fun events for FCBD? Mine did nothing. I was so disappointed.

The art book thread died yesterday before I got the chance to ask: where are the best places to get Japanese art books? I see lots of cool looking shelves on Yea Forums and Yea Forums but have no idea where to start

My LCS had an artist from DC doing sketches

>where are the best places to get Japanese art books
Japan

rightstufanime.com/search?keywords=Artbooks

Kinokuniya, who have at least some presence in most Western countries
CDJapan
AmiAmi
Playasia
Japanese sellers on eBay

It's getting harder though, since postage from Japan has become absolutely ridiculous in the last year or two.

I got the first deluxe book of 100 Bullets for only $15.

/ic/

First normal/good thread in days

/shelf/, do you know if Dark Horse published Nathan Never ever as a trade?

No recent purchases.
Most recent releases have been either garbage or too big for their own good.
Been eyeing too many Absolutes on IST.

Posting emerging /shelf/core in a doomed thread!
I struck out on the couple of specific books I was hoping to find while local shops were doing 20% off. These were already marked down to $25 each, so I didn't get an additional discount, but that's already awesome and I was going to buy them anyhow.

There's probably a better resource for this, but I just search MyComicShop to answer questions like this.
mycomicshop.com/search?q=nathan never&pubid=&PubRng=
Doesn't seem like it.

Attached: plastic stan.jpg (2048x1281, 525.17K)

>Doesn't seem like it

Damn -.- but thank you. I'll bookmark that site.

Great find.

I realized that I have never actually read V For Vendetta so I started reading that.
I picked up the Saga compendium, not sure if I want to read it now or wait a while so I don't have to wait as long for the second volume though.
My LCS is closed right now because of a fire so no FCBD for me this year.

>Albedo #2
brb robbing you

I was reading the first volume of Elephantmen, but the book completely fell apart. War Toys kind of sucked anyhow, so after three failed attempts to fix it, I just threw it in the trash and decided to move on.
Now I'm reading Tales of the Batman by Archie Goodwin. I'm only a few issues in, but I like it. I've been excited to read bronze age Batman, so I hope I continue to like it.
Plastic Man, because I'm now a Plastic Stan. And Swamp Thing Bronze Age vol. 2.
I also have three partial orders that IST still has to send out. I think the oldest is one book from an order a few months ago. I should probably ask them when they think that'll go out.
Most did 20% off. The biggest store in the area specifically announced they weren't. I don't know what the reasoning was, but that's probably good for the other stores in the area. Hopefully more traffic went to them. Lord knows the biggest store doesn't need it.

nothing really new sense last one because im broke but i did get a notification from CGN about a preorder that i had forgotten about being shipped from last year which yaa i guess i dont even remember getting it but its paid for so thanks past me
i wonder what those red books are in the middle of hellboy and sandman?
user if you were in VA i would give you one it takes way to much space, bends your book over time and honestly for me it looks awful in a room.
>Bought the 2nd volume of the Dynamite Elvira
for a moment there you had me scared user i though they publish the 2 HC vol and jesus are you seeing home much the first hc is going for people pay 200 for it and being listed 500 big oof for people that missed it
thinking the same thing and amen
my LCS has the first 2 vol if you are hunting for them user

Attached: shelf 1 (2).jpg (958x718, 314.91K)

Attached: new shelf v.jpg (958x718, 302.7K)

Attached: new shelf 2v (5).jpg (958x718, 220.17K)

Attached: shelf 3 (2).jpg (716x954, 165.96K)

I'm waiting for the SC omnibus of the classic stuff, I think it's supposed to be releasing in June/July? I wanted to support the campaign but I couldn't be bothered to make an indiegogo account in the end.

I picked up white Knight and von freeze when I went to my LCS for free comic book day. I've already read it but felt like buying a trade so I gave them some money and didn't just mooch

Forgot pic

Attached: 20220508_222802.jpg (1386x2367, 632.9K)

Latest. The Fist of the North Star and Toppi were from the damaged section of IST. Some dings, but nothing I would pass up on at a used bookstore so definitely worth it for me.
I love the Fanta EC books so much. I'd love for them to collect the pre-magazine MAD as well, but I don't know who knows the license for that.

Agreed. I've thought about asking my local HPB if they would sell theirs, but I doubt it.

Attached: 20220508_221822.jpg (800x1578, 750.03K)

IST don't offer enough of a discount for me to gamble on damaged books.

This shelf always makes me seethe with jealousy.

Guess i'll just repost my April gets

Attached: 1651459110155.jpg (2921x2227, 1.77M)

>my LCS has the first 2 vol if you are hunting for them user
I just need to find a source for the first one. They seem to occasionally pop up for reasonable prices on eBay still.

>reading Slaine for the first time via pirated trades
>Volume 3 takes place before volume 2
Rebellion why you do this?

And a update coomer pic
Yeah I here yeah I hate making accounts on things I’m only going to use once’s Kek thanks user just buy two books a month and you’ll be there in no time also have your gf be a librarian so she encourages your book habit/addiction
Iv seen the book for years now so if you can’t find it let me know and I can ship it to you if your really jonesing for it

Attached: 7FD11576-C13A-4235-865F-53F56B452502.jpg (4032x3024, 3.2M)

Well, I was a huge dummy and left my email in my post even after I mulled it over for like a full 10 minutes, so feel free to contact me if you'd be up for that. I'd appreciate it.

Absolute Fourth World Vol 1
Both 4th world Absolutes, The Complete Prison Pit, Nausicaä Boxed Set plus this amazing book stand.
Amazon ate my Parker Martini Edition Vol 2 order though so that'll take a while. Death of Superman omni end of month.
Haven't been to an LCS in a while.

Sweet finds and I like your carpet as well.

Attached: PXL_20220509_025309634.jpg (3285x2268, 1.45M)

kek aight il swing by this Wednesday and check it out which vol they have along with pic of them

>Kek thanks user just buy two books a month

This hobby is extremely unkind to latefags. Especially poorfag latefags.

>librarian gf
The dream.

Like getting kicked in the nuts, every day you live.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1098x524, 92.88K)

There are Omnis being released soon, user.
But I reckon you are the user from recent threads who hates Omnis and wants to finish that collection?

>latefags. Especially poorfag latefags
yeah books were def cheaper and stayed in stock for years. we also got better discounts all books in IST were 50% and the first week they came out would be 55/60% off.
>The dream
until you realize they make 30k a year and thats on the high end still though its nice being with someone that gets your hooby and dosent mind visiting book/lcs stores every trip/holiday you go on

Instocktrades? More like outofstocktrades haha ;_;

I don’t hate omnis, I’ve just developed some pretty strict rules about what formats I want and why. But yes, that’s me.
This one is bullshit because it seems to have been short shipped to begin with. I’ve seen people asking about it since the year it released. It’s also the only volume that showed officially out of print last I checked. It could be worse, and is for some of the other books I’d like, but it still hurts to see a damn trade for that much.

Grabbed all this from one of my shops that was doing 40% off trades. Currently thumbing thru the Aragones book.
I went to two shops, one had 4 guest artists (nobody I was familiar with) selling prints and doing commissions, and the other was giving away free popcorn

Attached: fcbdbuys.jpg (4032x3024, 3.79M)

Yeah man I wanted to get Black Knight The Fall of Dane Whitman TPB, I procrastinated on it last year and now its going for like 80+ bucks. I think there was a library copy on Amazon for 20, but fuck it I'll just buy the floppies at this point.

I think I'm gonna have trouble squeezing the Cerebus phone books into my shelf
>Plas Chad
>MAD Lad
You /shelf/ anons making me proud

Attached: shelf.jpg (2000x6468, 3.92M)

Delicious in Dungeon is great. I hope once complete they release some deluxe hardcovers.

LCS had 30% off on Free Comic Book Day. These are what I picked up.

A book should be arriving tomorrow and this Tuesday I'll be placing my second IST order of the year.

And incase you didn't see the angry user's thread earlier, Question omnibus has been delayed until June 21st.

Attached: 1651946356733.jpg (1280x946, 483.93K)

>kof
most brazilian shelf post

I thought it was Mexicans who go crazy over SNK stuff

>tfw it's time to buy more shelves
I promised myself last time was the LAST TIME!

Attached: cupnoodlecat.jpg (591x587, 99.01K)

I've been on a MAD kick recently. I bought a bunch of the paperbacks and have been reading through them. I love the early stuff, but once you get Dave Berg and Mort Drucker as the staples, I kind of lost interest. There are still good artists (Aragones, Prohias, and Don Martin mostly), but they only get a few pages a piece in the books.

I got drunk and watch 2022 trailers on YouTube.

youtu.be/HFzoGb4gsv8

After I found out it was based on a comic then went on ebay and bought it. Not my worse drunk purchase

Attached: Screenshot_20220508-205302.png (1080x1737, 1.48M)

I think you mean dragon ball or el Chapulin Colorado

At least you didn’t order the same book twice because you forgot that you already own it.

that I did not

Anyone know if and when DC is going to put out the last Silver Age Doom Patrol book?

Been forever since V2 came out and I don't know if I should continue to wait for a book that might never come, or if I should bite the bullet and buy the five Archives already.

I'm really hoping that the first two Silver Surfers get reprinted.
The first was reprinted already at the end of 2019, but its classic Marvel and seemed to have sold well so maybe we'll get another reprint soonish?
The second (or third if you consider the actual volume) has never been reprinted, and it's pretty old, 2014 or 2015, so fingers crossed.

I genuinely can't bring myself to spend over 50 dollars on an Epic collection.