What was it for you?

What was it for you?

Attached: hev201202 copy.gif (195x280, 25.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FRiNCdqpwzc
youtube.com/watch?v=lWKQiZVBtu4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Al Jean simpsons

I did notice that Mike Scully Simpsons was faulty later on, but it was actually funny even when I grew up. Al Jean Simpsons, I laughed at over 30 times in a row only to realize that it was all bland garbage and that the seasons before his tenure had comedy gold

Is this from the Ozzie and Millia artist, the guy who went on to make that cartoon unicorn comic?

Because in his case the things he likes are young furry characters getting shaved.

There’s a difference between growing up and just getting old. Anyone who’d say that to a kid is just old, not mature.

Yea Forums

Nothing American.

But it was Dragon Ball Z. That shit is just so immature on so many levels down to the goofy ass art that wasnt even anatomically correct. It was so cringe inducing to have even think of anyone seeing that or even seeing me watch it.

Of course it took many years to grow out of that and I enjoy it again now. And I've come to terms its a low IQ show.

Never felt that way about anything else ever western, including very obviously kids cartoons like Beetlejuice.

nothing. if anything i got less jaded

Space Jam
Michael Jordan can't act and the plot was ass. The only good thing about it was Lola and the theme song.
youtube.com/watch?v=FRiNCdqpwzc

When I was younger I used to think I wanted every cartoon to be a crossover battle shonen, then I saw how faggy powerscalers are and got turned off it permanently.
Also, which comic strip?

You had 10+ years to find out

Attached: hev220424.jpg (900x439, 157.24K)

I had a retard moment and assumed the filename meant February 2012 instead of December 2nd 2020 and got confused when I couldn't find a strip that old from that series.

Based and sobering truthpilled.

Yea Forums: a place for underageb& to have fun and make memories, and for wizards to be mad and lament on better times.

Normal people don't remember that kind of crap.

Limp Bizkit fans

Sonic the Hedgehog during the Adventure - Shadow era.

Normal people really don't give a shit about what was problematic in a cartoon they watched at 12 and move on with their lives.

Just at some stuff and not its not much

Who say anything about being problematic? What if it's just not good?

S-Shut up, we still rolling, chyeah!

Turned out everything I liked as a kid is good, and now everything is garbage.

The Beetlejuice cartoon did NOT hold up.
I liked a lot of my faves from the 90s, but that show was bad. I legit thought it wasn't at the time.

>Yea Forums is just an allegory for life in general

Attached: DK sad.jpg (1080x1022, 74K)

You’re so STUPID YOURE SO DUMB NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT WOKE SHIT YOU MORON

The Mask 2.

More like that entire raprock era of music. No one looks back at that fondly. Even the people who were super into it at the time.

You mean Le Masque du Fils?

Nothing, I always had great taste

Doesn't help that they basically remake the same type of cartoon every decade. Some new thing with cute versions of horror monsters making spooky puns throghout is always being made. Hotel Transylvania, Toonsylvania, Grim Adventures...

Every movie with minorities in them

Still gives me my Halloween fix so I'm OK with it. Halloween is 3 months long in my house.

Hey now, there are still a few nu-metal songs I remember fondly. I'll still occasionally listen to Linkin Park or Korn and enjoy it.

Now I don't look back fondly on my fashion sense back then, but not all the music was bad

Attached: 1650916286266.jpg (465x488, 43.44K)

Didn't they also make that comic about the boy making out with his dog? And then the dog becomes furry Martin Luther King Jr.?

I still like most of the stuff I liked back then, and also enjoy new stuff. I don't know why I'd feel bad about liking the old stuff even if my feelings changed. Like, I don't like Blink 182 as much anymore, but they're okay and I don't feel bad about it.

I will stand by the fact My Way is still a good song to this day, everything else is trash

Life

I recognize what parts of things I liked the most and either keep liking those things partially or move on to new things with similar parts.

the author was sorry champ

Didn't happen to me, what happened was in 20 years Hollywood started making sequels to what I like that were fucking DOGSHIT.

Attached: mike crashes into depression.gif (300x169, 2.91M)

Nothing really, I acknowledge that some of the stuff I used to like wasn't as great as I remember it being but none of it ever really strikes me as so unwatchably bad that I actually regret ever watching it.
Honestly that mentality seems like some peak fedora tipping "I have to do the adulting now" shit, you're allowed to like things.

Attached: 353253253.jpg (1000x1000, 126.73K)

Myself.

yeah, the part about feeling bad about ever liking them instead of just ceasing to like them implies an inherent immorality to the material

I wouldn’t say I feel bad for liking stuff because I was a kid and tastes change. It is just a show or movie or whatever.

However for the sake of discussion, I would say the Super Mario Bros Super Show. I bought the first two volumes on DVD because I remembered watching as a kid and having fond memories. Rewatching the show, it is very bland. Most of the time, the show just “parodies” popular movies and fairy tales. It was fun at first to laugh with the cheesiness (especially with all the memes the show created). But the more I watched the more I was bored.

Freddie the Frog
Everyone in my family talks about how I use to watch the film all the time (same with a Aladdin vhs tape with the rat episode). What they don’t know is that the reason was because it (and the Aladdin VHS) gave me a TF fetish. Since then, I am secretly embarrassed every time it is brought up.

The only good thing was the intro.
And Lydia’s design was nice

Le Edgy Mario parody genre
You only need one for whatever media is being parodied then its just the same jokes on repeat forever.

I'm glad that the people who bade them have moved on to better things or have faded away, grow or die and all that.

This

I’m starting to regret even liking Superboy Jon Kent in the first place with how he is currently going. The worse it gets the more embarrassed I feel even having his old comics.

Family Guy
It was a funny gem that was cancelled but had a good run. Like The Critic or Duckman.
The show and Simpsons has shown me that shows should never go beyond six seasons.

Right answer.

My family.

Based

Spider-Man 3 is the first movie I have a memory of seeing and was my second favorite movie as a kid and I hate it now
The only reason it isn't the worst spider-man movie is because the last two MCU ones were worse
On the flip side I hated TASM when it came out but now it's my second favorite Spidey movie

I’m sorry, user.

The episode where they meet Beetlejuice’s parents was so disappointing.

youtube.com/watch?v=lWKQiZVBtu4

It's gone from "it's not a phase mom" to "it's not a phase honey"

And I still can't escape this blasted site after ten years

Attached: The face of a man who got beaten by a vibrator.png (363x609, 398.13K)

All of these

Attached: 123456.png (195x280, 25.92K)

>caring about Yea Forums opinions

Nothing. What happened was all the things got sequels and remakes that made major themes the "wrong" thing.

Agreed. Seasons 3 and 4 of the Simpsons are not as great as people make them out to be, it's not a continuing climb on the way to season 5. They are more like the weird growing pains seasons.

Yes and no.
I notice the flaws of the stuff I liked and I'm happy to accept it as it is.
However, a lot of things I liked are now in the hands of incompetent people that make me wish I never liked this stuff to begin with. Either because the current product is a shit stain on the original or because I have to specify that I don't like the current version at all.
Either that or I have to pirate shit that I would've otherwise paid for gladly.

Nope I’m not a faggot thy can’t handle a joke.