Have you ever 180'd your opinion on a cartoon? If so, at which point?

Have you ever 180'd your opinion on a cartoon? If so, at which point?

Attached: img.jpg (1080x1717, 371.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/acai-WmHYXM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

People still watch that shit?

It's insane how people in the "animation community" will 180 on a show or becoming a "super fan" of a show they ignored for years if they confirm LGBT rep

Just because Owl House is getting more plot focused towards the end because of its cancellation, doesn't change how bad the buildup was and reduced emotional payout for a lot of scenes.
If anything Owl House's cancellation probably helped it improve.

Rick and Morty
Used to like it during season 1 and 2, but I could give less of a fuck about it nowadays

Remember when he used to be an anti woke cartoon youtuber

retarded cartoon youtuber's twitter opinion
who the fuck cares

The Owl House's pilot was pretty cringy with the bee yourself message and it's not that surprising people did a 180 on it when it eventually got going.

I hated the first season and love the second, so yes, but I still feel that the bad first season ultimately did irreparable damage to the rest of the show, because the things season 1 did poorly were fundamental aspects of the setting.

> Just because Owl House is getting more plot focused towards the end because of its cancellation, doesn't change how bad the buildup was and reduced emotional payout for a lot of scenes.
You right, it being cancelled forced Dana to stop playing her best Rebecca Sugar and focus on plot more

Why would somebody keep watching a cartoon they don't like?
If you mean hating a cartoon you once loved, Adventure Time I guess? I don't really watch very many cartoons.

I used to hate it due to season 3 but season 4 was ok and I'm having fun with season 5 so far

Name 5 examples.

I really didn't care about Hilda until they used a Stereolab song.

Billy and Mandy
I hate the queen spider special so much

Eh, it's more of a general problem than 'community people'.
>everyone loves Harry Potter
>to the point where their entire views on politics are based off Harry vs Voldemort
>fanbase is rabid as fuck, as proved by Pottermore and the beasts movie being hyped when they came out
>Rowling starts trashing trans people
>suddenly, everyone hates HP
>communities call for burning their books, crazies begin magically seeing the errors and problems all non-readers were pointing out since the 00s, etc

At this point, if someone made a Crossed movie and it had an ambiguously brown LGBT girl as the protagonist, the rainbow brigade would claim Crossed was always a masterpiece full of social commentary.

She-ra
The Owl House
Harley Quinn
Kipo
Korra

SVTFOE Season 4

>Harley Quinn
>implying Harley doesn't end up fucking Ivy in every continuity and people didn't know already where it was going since the start

She-Ra was an overtly "gay" show from the get-go, it's not like the ending lesbian kiss picked up new fans who weren't already watching.

When is TOH ending?

I remember giving TOH an honest shot because I love funky fantasy magic settings and dark-skinned tomboys, and despite my best intentions, the show was just too fucking boring. Despite having such a cool setting, it managed to not do absolutely anything with that setting. Instead of exploring the magic system for all its depth or presenting fun mysteries, it had fucking body swap episodes and le wacky school hijinks, without any proper context or setup. The main character was annoyingly worthless, her friends were walking stereotypes, and the mentor was too lazy and effortless in everything she does. The whole thing was so safe and by the numbers, you could replace the setting with literally anything.
So maybe it gets good in season 2, but it lost me on season 1 and got canceled, so fuck it. Better luck next time.

guy in the twitter screencap is a youtuber so he probably continued watching because he thought he could shit on it more for views

>it's not like the ending lesbian kiss picked up new fans who weren't already watching

Attached: she ra reddit subscribers after final season aired.png (1324x367, 23.53K)

His newer Owl House video is unironically the only good video he’s down and he should do more of them

Literally who?
>Marxist band
…Ew

Attached: 3D050418-C2ED-437A-B61C-8B2AE037949C.jpg (700x700, 70.33K)

Nah. I stand by my opinions. Quirky lesbian cartoons suck.

>46 minutes about why he doesn't like a cartoon

Why do you zoomers watch this stuff?

I like listening to people express their opinions in longer essays, it helps me pick up ideas on how to express myself, and sometimes I also get perspectives I didn't have before.

Will you mute the song everytime it comes out now, user?

I don’t even know what song or episode you’re talking about

S2E7
youtu.be/acai-WmHYXM

like 95%+ of their lyrics are in French, you’d have to go out of the way to figure out what they’re talking about instead of just listening to the pretty music

Alright cool, not my thing, but I doubt I’ll be muting it.

no?

Attached: R.jpg (1280x720, 182.17K)

It's the post-Fader Fantano effect.

the first season was dogshit, the token black and the fat character are awful, the school setting was awful

season 2 is completely different show

Attached: 1651300142845.jpg (750x747, 103.2K)

MLP S9

Pickle and Peanut. I wrote it off initially because of the art style and the first episode, which was and still is bad. But the rest of the show is fantastic and I'm glad I gave it another look.
My opinions of Rick and Morty and Bob's Burgers have dropped, especially Bob's Burgers. But I guess they don't really count because it's a drop in quality, and not an re-evaluation of the early seasons, which I still like.

To be fair, season 1 was DOGSHIT. Season 2 doesn't retroactively good.

I was about to make a joke about unsubscribing from Cartoonshi and saying "his channel", but it turns out I never actually was subscribed to him.

The same thing happened to me as the guy in the OP tweet. I thought Owl House was garbage during season 1, watched it because a friend was pushing it heavily, but I despised it. Then season 2 rolled around and I saw a clip of Hunter, decided to take another look at the show. Now, I'm completely fucking hooked. I never thought I would be staying awake waiting for a mega of the fucking OWL HOUSE of all shows. I spend a huge portion of my week just anticipating the livestream. I have no idea how it grew on me so fast. Just a year ago, I was laughing at Owlfags for having their show cut. Now, I'm in despair over it.

Attached: 1651433427368.jpg (1403x1403, 1.38M)

its satisfying in a way because Im not invested, I just like seeing shitty people tear each other apart

Do you even need to watch season 1?

Fuck you!
This band is great!
Based!

HnK made me give Steven Universe a chance with everyone spamming JP SU. Wasn't a full 180, but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Attached: serveimage - 2019-10-10T133737.837.jpg (1200x997, 127.26K)

He's officially fallen from grace. It was nice having a cartoon reviewer who wasn't a libtard, now the only one left is fucking Mr. Enter.

>they used a Stereolab song.
What song....

Obvious bait is obvious.

Steven Universe after the Cluster.

I enjoyed helluva boss until it started focusing on blitzo and the gay owl

it's true though

I feel like you should at least see some of the season 1 episodes to get used to the characters, but I can’t say off the top of my head besides the first couple and the finale as to what those episodes

>It's insane how people in the "animation community" will 180 on a show or becoming a "super fan" of a show they ignored for years if they confirm LGBT rep
People agree LGBTQ is normal and deserve human right
Vive la LGBTQ+

I'm still mad
I didn't watch TOH or Amphibia because I swore I wouldn't be baited and switched like that again

TTG. This was right after hearing about a new Teen Titans show after the OG, and I was immensely disappointed and offended when TTG came out. I thought it was utter offensive shit until one of their specials or cool episodes like Island Adventure, Robin Crossover, Night Begins To Shine, or Lady Legasus

I thought Summer Camp Island was weird and autistic when it premiered but now I think its comfy.

Adventure time, used to love it then every thing during the Flame Princess shit is when I stopped watching

To get back on track
I’ve been watching older Fairly Oddparents episodes now that it’s on Netflix and so far they haven’t been impressing me.
It was never my favorite, but I remember liking the show quite a bit, and I’ve probably laughed only once so far.

He became a struggle session victim like Ethan Klein.

I hated adventure time look when it fist came up, I though it had all the ugliness of Flapjack with non of the charm.

Attached: MV5BNjZmNTg1MTktNWYxMC00OGI3LTlkNmUtZWJkNTgwOTExYWRmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE3MjAyODEz._V1_[1].jpg (2208x1242, 167.01K)

>I hate the queen spider special so much
Why?