Netflix Animation Studios Purge Continues

The purge at Netflix Animation continues this time the series Pearl by Amanda Rynda was part of the purge.

>What's Happening?

Netflix has entered a new administration and the new excs don't see profitable their in-house animation studio, so they are cancelling projects mid-production and they will return to being a licensing home with animation

>What Projects are Axed?

So Far
>Toil And Trouble by Lauren Faust
>Untitled Alex Hirsch Adult Animated Comedy
>Bone Adaptation
>Boons And Curses
>Raise The Bar!
>Dino Daycare

>deadline.com/2022/05/meghan-markle-animated-series-pearl-canceled-netflix-cutbacks-prince-harrs-archewell-productions-1235013893/

Attached: og_netflix_animation.png (759x477, 9.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonbrew.com/business/netflix-studio-colorido-drifting-home-anime-215699.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>don't see profitable their in-house animation studio
I'm glad people are at least starting to admit this.

>cancelling projects mid-production
It's really orge

Given how their other shows turned out, why should I believe any of these were worth saving in the first place?

Only Bone was 50/50 in being good

Attached: 0d2.png (600x466, 315.61K)

Anyone forgetting Danny Antonucci’s upcoming Lupo the Butcher series for them?
Haven’t heard anything since it’s been announced and it’s been two years. Not even a leak.

Attached: 1A497957-688B-4BB6-8F9F-395F373E8D85.jpg (1080x1350, 234.39K)

>Lauren Faust had another original project cancelled.

It's never not funny.

Name of the character from the pic?

But what about Captain Laserhawk?

What about the upcoming Yea Forumsidya animated shows for Netflix?
>Resident Evil
>Devil May Cry
>Mega Man
>Tomb Raider
>Final Fantasy

Did Netflix pulled the plug on them too?

Is Usagi Yojimbo safe? I actually like it.

Afaik any show made either as a collab with outside studios or with Netflix as just a distributor are unaffected... so far

i swear she was making a movie about a redhead girl too back in 2016 (lost the image from what im talking about)

why would they cancel any of these

>no news on Redwall
I'm simultaneously relieved and sickened.

>no Castlevania

Phew.

Can't a guy be curious? Like, they were announced couple years ago.

I thought Mega Man was a live action movie.

Expecting a Scott Pilgrim cancellation soon

They're all video game adaptations (of popular video games) and Mega Man and FF are supposed to be live-action anyway

That shit deserves it way more than the things that are actually getting shelved.

The one made in collaboration with Science Saru? Doubt it.

Cry some more.

>Toil And Trouble by Lauren Faust
Is she ever gonna make it?

>giving boco any attention

Attached: 1650938503767.jpg (519x680, 60.43K)

Even if she does, she'll run away after the first season.

It's a adult series, so probably not, Netflix has been purging only kids and family stuff

>Wish they'd cancel MTG because it's fucking awful.
>Instead they go ahead and recast some characters because the role calls for non-binary actors.

Attached: 22ee.png (720x720, 290.68K)

Depend on whether or not a.k.a. Cartoon's involved

>Untitled Alex Hirsch Adult Animated Comedy
Wasn’t that show originally pitched to Fox? Why not ask Tubi if they want it?

WoFchads still sitting pretty and uncanceled.

Attached: The dragons.png (640x639, 88.54K)

>WB
Wouldn't it be an HBO Max thing?

>They're all video game adaptations
That's exactly what my post just implied, you retard. Do you need your eyes checked?

I just fucking said that, you mentally ill blind retard nigger tranny. Read my post or get the fuck out.

Yeah, Nelflix is still into the anime business.
cartoonbrew.com/business/netflix-studio-colorido-drifting-home-anime-215699.html

Attached: 6B53C314-0CF4-4D4D-914F-A64EF157E47D.png (600x900, 206.8K)

Attached: yourmeds.jpg (200x180, 7.3K)

What's going to happen with Green eggs and Ham considering it's supposed to be stupidly expensive to make?

Netflix is the one buying it and they'll presumably make it netflix exclusive, kind of like what went down with green eggs and hm which also came from WB.

Attached: 1651026597452[1].jpg (1440x1259, 130.98K)

Is it ridiculously popular?

That was a outside production (Waner Bros.) so it was allowed to continue

You first, nignog

Attached: your-dilator-sir.jpg (799x720, 432.16K)

Oh that's super dead, WB has zero reason to want to give their shit to Netflix anymore, espeically if it's animated

Most likely will continue in something like HBO Max. Pretty sure that even Warner doesn't want to deal with Netflix's shit.

Those are not made in-house out of their pockets.

It already ended, it kind of concluded itself and resolved all plot points unless they came up with another adventure out of thin air

Not saying they are. That's NOT what I'm implying. I'm only asking if the company will pull the plug on these potential shows.

this

Does this mean inside job got axed? Bummer dude.

Most of the animation cutbacks are not in the Adult department, but in the Kids/Family division. But I'm honestly not too optimistic about the future for IJ.

It's got nothing to do with whether the animation projects were profitable - they can't measure direct gains from individual projects anyways.

It's a change in strategy. Making new content acts as a draw to the service, keeping people subscribed and attracting new subscribers in exchange for a large chunk of investment money. It's a strategy focused on long term prospects and winning control of the market.

Netflix has given up on controlling the market and long term survival.

They're cutting costs anywhere they can to beef up profits in the very short term and then after lots of bonuses the execs will sell the company to vulture capital

What a long-winded way of saying the cartoons weren't profitable.

You may be retarded

Man what a way to end this show. Way to blue ball everybody

Attached: download.jpg (308x164, 3.95K)

Arcane is funded by Tencent user, Netflix has nothing to do with its production, they just license it for streaming in the west/Japan.

>vulture capital
It's already publicly traded, and they are many magnitudes larger than Twitter. No one is scooping them up.
If Netflix wants to appear better to investors, they wouldn't cut things that help their bottom line. The cartoons did not help their bottom line.

That's good. I dunno in my head, it felt like Netflix was done with animation all together.

Allegedly the people in Netflix animation were cooking the books, massively overstating the value provided.

I heard they were just spending more money then they assumed they would make.

IIRC it's being made by or in partnership with Gaumont, so it's a separate discussion from what's happening to in house projects.

>it felt like Netflix was done with animation all together.
They aren't. That's what some people want you to believe, because they want to be viewed as being unjustly victimized by Netflix.
Look at the list of shows cancelled so far, versus the shows still going forward. All of them, save Bone, were female oriented shows, vanity projects, or pushed on their progressive merits. The remaining shows are typically action-oriented, with video game or toy tie-ins.
I know discussions get heated when taken in this direction, and it's not something I take glee in. But these decisions are definitely being driven by content along with finances. They aren't shutting down animation. They've simply lost faith in a particular segment of animation.

that doesn't make sense, how would they make a megaman movie without it looking ridiculous or out of tune?

When has that ever stopped them before?

It is very unlikely. Those are big name properties with a high probability of being successful.

>toil and trouble
>boon and curses
>bone

They were going for an odd magical fantasy occult slant there.

>NOOOOOOOOOOO Y WONT THEY PANDER TO MANCHILD WHO WATCH CHILDREN TV SHOWS

So now that they have killed off the animation department, do you think they'll kill their in house live action trash as well? They seems fine with buying foreign crap to fill the catalogue anyway.

Some projects are not being made by Netflix but rather Netflix is just hosting the shows on their service. The things getting cancelled are the things Netflix actually has the ability to cancel.

Japan likes LOL?

Yeah, that Megaman one has been announced since forever and nothing ever gets announced.

Cuz crap keeps changing. It was originally being made at Fox, but when Disney bought them the rights jumped to Netflix.

So is that Scott Pilgrim show cancelled too?

Attached: 1013610-2092122519_0f93b1796b.jpg (283x500, 27.8K)