What's Yea Forums think of To Live and Die in LA?

What's Yea Forums think of To Live and Die in LA?

Attached: 0b3216f77b9b41ff2a9c98910ac3cedf--film-online-movies-online.jpg (340x510, 34K)

The protagonist was such a douche that I was rooting for Willem Dafoe (which I probably would've done anyways).

Why would you wanna live and die in LA

Too much gay subtext.
Cool car chase though

pure 80s kino.

80s movies get better as time goes by, there was charm on all that aesthetic and excess.

and there are some great chasing scenes.

>Too much gay subtext.
What?

Nearly every Friedkin film is interesting

Watch it again with an eye out for the gay.

Didn't age well.
The part when Dafoe kicks the other guy in the nuts needs to be made into a gif.
You don't see enough people getting hit in the nuts in Hollywood films.
Always gets a laugh.

>Willem Dafoes GF walks in at the start
>Clearly a man from the back
>They're suddenly a woman from the front

What was up with that.

Yeah I remember also thinking it had aged poorly. Need to do a rewatch though because I don't really remember anything Dafoe does in it despite him being one of my favorite actors. Basically I just remember it as this big blur of violence and sex and Wang Chung music, which sounds cool now that I'm thinking about it.

I liked the part where you see William Petersons ding dong

>Didn't age well
I view this as a compliment when it comes to 80s movies

Don't like it much at all. The counterfeit money printing montage was great, the chase scene and realization that they killed an FBI agent was an interesting development but the main character sucked, the ending was nonsense (now this supposedly good guy is going to exploit the dead guys GF), and the music was horrific.

>the music was horrific
Actual retard

Pure, distilled 80s in a way that few other films come even close to matching.

It's the kind of movie that makes me want to quit my day job and buy a camera.

Something something wolfs and sheeps

I am in the "it's aged badly" camp, and I always find myself comparing this to Manhunter I guess mainly because of Peterson. That's another movie that you can immediately tell is from the 80s, a sort of embodiment of the cultural zeitgeist at the time, but for some reason it doesn't feel cheesy to me like To Live and Die in LA does. I'm not sure what exactly the difference is. I might just prefer the soundtrack and cinematography honestly.

Attached: Mh.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

I honestly don't know whether to root for either William Petersen or Willem Dafoe's characters, because Petersen is a Secret Service agent who commits police brutality, while Dafoe is a counterfeiter who shoots people for knowing too much about him.

Mediocre, with the exception of one car chase.

I always thought this movie was directed by Michael mann but turns out its by William Friedkin.

I don't know if you're supposed to root for anybody really. I was with Dafoe because he's entertaining. They're all shit people, I just enjoyed the ride.