I wish he was my dad

Attached: ratdaddy2.png (704x400, 355K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zxqQGmbAFCI
youtu.be/CZStwGZtF4w
youtube.com/watch?v=avg9Cc4XMdk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wish akabur would draw more splinter x april

Based. The relationship between Splinter and the Turtles was always endearing and an underrated aspect of the franchise.

youtube.com/watch?v=zxqQGmbAFCI

Attached: splintah.gif (382x261, 1.45M)

The first TMNT live action movie is legitimately good even with its poor lighting to disguise bad costumes
Good character writing makes up it's shortcomings

I watched the recent Bay one and was surprised at how it wasn't actually bad compared to the first Bay movie. Megan Fox is a garbage April though, and the turtle design sucks. Also the Splinter was garbage,

>poor lighting
the fuck are you on about, it looks great. only downfall is the Turtles themselves being annoying af if you're watching it as an adult, Splinter, Casey, April and the clan are gold

Whys this being forced in the last couple of weeks by redditors? Context?

>reddit

Attached: ratdaddy6.png (365x314, 166K)

>poor lighting
>bad costumes

The film's cinematography is severely underrated and the costumes still look spectacular to this day. What are you talking about?

Attached: external-content.duckduckgo.jpg (474x237, 13K)

Yeah Jim Henson's son Brian did the puppetry on the movie. They really did an amazing job.

It had a dark gritty NY kinda feel to it.

Why though? Redditors love forcing memes.

Exactly, they nailed that 80s/90s shithole New York aesthetic so perfectly, despite most of it being shot in North Carolina. It being low budget probably contributed to that as well, the film stock they shot on is very grainy but it only enhances the look.

I want splinter to dom me

If you watched the original release it's incredibly dark. Modern versions have better contrast.

The synth music on this show was so fucking great. I'd put it on par with Carpenter, Fiedel, Faltermeyer. A lot of those synths were responsible in part for providing the show or movie with a very distinctive sound and in turn helping the respectible movie or show come up with a identity of their own. Those synths were alive.

Human turned into a humanoid Rat >>>>regular Rat that knows karate and becomes humanoid rat mutant

Don’t even @ me, comic fags

It's funny to think that Chuck Lorre went from scoring Ninja Turtles to having a garbage sitcom empire. I wish they would put out an official release of the music.

I recently started re watching the show and am up to season 8 already and yeah, the background music has so much character and really sets the tone of the show. You start to know each song and kinda know sort of scene is coming next. It makes the show flow very well, even when the plot is a convoluted mess,

Wonder if they could mix cgi with full puppet costumes ? Get more range of movement and “acting” with the cgi but without it looking like fake shit if it was all cgi
I think Dark Crystal the series did that

Yeah this is my favorite change from the comics desu. And the inclusion of Krang. I consider the comics important but not the literal canon like other comics-based characters. Most people liked the cartoon first and that's a fact, Jack. (Or Peter)

Surprised Mondo records hasn’t put that out yet

youtu.be/CZStwGZtF4w

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 9K)

people just find 80s splinter to be sexy

There's been rights issues with the music from the show for years for some reason. IIRC correctly in both the Turtles Forever crossover with the 2003 turtles and the crossover with the 2012 turtles they wanted to use the music from the show when the characters would show up but they couldn't do it. They had to remake similar-sounding tracks

Made Splinter more of a tragic figure and the fact that he’s suppose to be a wise old teacher works better if he was an actual wise old teacher before mutating

THIS!!!

imagine if he paralyzed you with a forbidden ninja technique

haha

I found the complete original ost on youtube some 7 years ago. It's not up there anymore. Just some cheap halfassed recreations. But yeah, that synth was booming. I"m not some snooty fag that shits on music programs trying to recreate synth sounds per default, But I do believe in the soul of synths. They were technological marvels and sounded so alien. Very different from your run of the mill Fruity Loops.

>poor lighting

You dumb fuck! Having solid blacks in the frame isnt "poor lighting" it's the way ALL ART used to be before digital garbage.

Also the Jim Henson costumes are the single best depiction of the turtles

Attached: TMNT-Marijuana.png (1229x605, 1.64M)

>poor lighting to disguise bad costumes

Well, there it is...the single stupidest post in the history of Yea Forums.
How does it feel to have the most retarded opinion ever?

Attached: k2saRRB_d.jpg (640x361, 45K)

>It was a good movie
>everything about it was bad

>movies about ninjas shouldn't be dark

youtube.com/watch?v=avg9Cc4XMdk
4:33.

>can see the seams in every shot
>not bad
it's bad, deal with it. movie is still kino. CGI would be even worse. See bays dumpster fire

Yes. Not bad. Great in fact. It's called "suspension of disbelief"

>CGI would be even worse. See bays dumpster fire
You can blame Bay for a lot of things, but shitty CGI is not something you can throw at his feet.