I don't want to go!

>I don't want to go!....

Attached: Screenshot_20200304-032734.png (2048x1310, 1.49M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eWRghlWqHJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=OMJEzf-ehlI
youtube.com/watch?v=9qHK21NGE5k
youtube.com/watch?v=LZSelYdcRAU
youtube.com/watch?v=MjT0j8uVv1Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Trust me dude if you knew what you were gonna be in the future you'd be even more upset about this.
>we went from "what kind of man should I be?" to "how much of a smug woman should I be?"

river song story is good, change my mind

you did the right thing leaving doc

>i dont wanna go
>goes anyway

I never wanted you to be the Doctor anyway. So I was happy to see you go.

For me this is the canon ending of the revival. It's the culmination of the last 4 seasons and was clearly meant as a grand finale what with the return of literally every character.

Everything after is Moffat fanfiction. I liked Matt Smith I guess but the show suddenly felt off.

>adopt a 40 year old franchise
>make your Doctor the most important thing in the world
>treat your own leaving like a grand finale, rather than the passing of the torch that it actually is
So, why is it okay when RTD does it?

I don't watch much Doctor Who but I thought the gimmick was he could keep regenerating so they could switch actors right? In that case why does he always get so depressed when he changes? Does he not keep his memories?

story is fine, character is utter shit

His personality changes radically every time. It would be like being put on new medications each year that fuck up your psychology, knowing every time that the next person you were gonna be would be totally different;_;

it's not, the whole last 45 minutes was pompus overly dramatic bullshit. In hindsight it's very obvious why Ecclestone left after only one season of putting up with RTD's bullshit

Too bad he's femmefag. What a waste.

Wasn't it a big deal because he was the 13th doctor and timelords only get 13 lives?

Because nobody was under the impression that they'd stay past David tennant.

Imagine all your memories, your beliefs, your identity, all the people you call friends all suddenly mean nothing to the person now in control of your body. Imagine having the memories of someone else, would their actions and their relationships mean anything to you? It's the death of your being, your ego. Of course it's depressing.

No, he was the tenth Doctor, or eleventh, or twelfth, depending on how you count those retcons. He still had one to go, anyway.
The Trenzalore finale was actually earned, because he finally hit that limit, and it was time for it to be addressed.

>Nu-fags were ignorant that there was a franchise beyond their first Doctor
That's not really an excuse though.

"OK Billy, count to ten for the class…"

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, war, nine, ten"

>Nufans
M8 the show was rebooted multiple times. David tennant is still considered the best.

It's just a fact that people aren't watching the show because it's the doctor who and that has some sort of prestige to it. People are watching if the main actor, the supporting roles and the director and writers are solid. David Tennant is the best combination still. No one before or after dethrones him.

>David tennant is still considered the best.
By Nufans.

God I thought he would never leave, Tennant was annoying.

the more I think about it the more I think Tennant is at the bottom of the nu-tier list

The show wasn't rebooted multiple times. In fact it wasn't rebooted once. It ran for a consecutive 26 seasons, and then got revived 15 years later. Only the American produced 8th Doctor series would have been a pseudo reboot, and that never got made.

>I don't want tuggo

Did they ever explain what tuggo was

He is. Tennant's Doctor is the crowd pleasing Doctor. He doesn't have any of the interesting alien idiosyncrasies of the character. He's just a cheery smiley man.

"tuggo" was the old game they played where his companion, starting at Rose and going through to Donna, wherein they stroke the Doctor's enormous timelord cock with his own severed hand. He felt it was inappropriate in that moment, since he was about to die.

Now this is peak contrarianism. Enjoy Chibnall shit then faggots. Can't wait to see this show getting cancelled again.

best doctor, the weeping angels, fear demon and devil planet are classics

Call me mad but I'm also somewhat partial to Love and Monsters

Love and Monsters is insignificant and stupid enough to either not care about or enjoy it for what it is.

Now every episode feels like Love and Monsters except without actively trying to be fun.

No one likes Chinball, obviously. DT is the worst NuWho Doctor, because JW isn't even the Doctor.

David Tennant brought in all the Tumblr girls, who then ruined the show by becoming the shows primary demographic.

It's all his fault really

Doctor Who? more like doctor who gives a shit anymore

>Implying that tumblr girls were not going to jump in anyway when Smith was a bigger bait than Tennat ever was.

This is blatantly obvious if you were actually there, and witnessed the Doctor Who fanbase transform from primarily awkward teen boys and middle aged men, to just floods of women who wanted to fuck David Tennant, and then those same people started bringing their demands that the Doctor needed to be "nicer", and the show needed to be more diverse and less patriarchal, and it was all pretty much over by that point.
A lot of people here now were literal children back when this was happening though. They don't know.

How? He looks like a foot and acts like a grandpa.

>Just a cheery smiley man
>Fury of the Timelord, Midnight, Timelord Victorious
What did he mean by this?

Eh, I noticed a big spike in Tumblr fans when Moffat took over with Matt Smith.

>cheery smiley man, who's also a bit of a bad boy

He wasn't actually supposed to say anything, Tennant added the line because he genuinely loved his time as The Doctor and was sad to see it end

Maybe he shouldn't have left then.

Girls were devastated when Tenant was replaced by Matt Smith. There was also a change from Tenant's "I'm in love with all my assistants" to Smith's actually asexual alien (further pronounced with Amy and Rory's relationship). Smith was the last time Doctor Who was made for the typical sci-fi fan.

[F]

I think Doctor Who went to shit when the Doctor transformed into some hip young man with a sharp fashion sense. It created a sub-culture of sorts that attracted the worst kind of people.

The old, wise and fatherly/granfatherly Doctor was the best idea. It fits the Wizard archetype pretty well.

And then even more girls were devastated after pretty boy Smith was replaced by an old fuck

how was capaldi not made for the typical sci-fi fan?

Are we one and a half doctors away from good Doctor Who (Capaldi had a shit run later on) or three thousand with the retcon?

Moffat actually had a plan for if Tennant wanted to stay another season after RTD left which is kinda interesting.

You can boil any Doctor down to a sentence like that. Capaldi can be surmised as a cool old man character. Smith can be summed up as le wacky man who ocasionally acts old.

No, it was scripted there's a video out there with him doing different takes of 'I don't want to go' and I think it was mentioned in some book that it was scripted.

Which is why Smith is probably the best take on the young Doctor concept, because he still kind of acts like an old man. He just happens to be wearing a young body. Alternatively you have Paul McGann who's a kind of Victorian swashbuckling adventurer, out of time.

He was, but then they backpeddled hard, and turned him into a kind of funky, down with the kids grandpa, who's a feminist and punches racists.

Clara was when smith doctor hit his stride, that one episode where he demanded her to tell him what she is showed his childish anger 100x better than any war doctor or tenant "I am the storm" monologues ever could.

Its a shame that her plot went all over the place

I liked Smith early on but he was surrounded by horrible plot and writing most of the time. He really should have been the one that goes bad. His nonchalant whimsical nature turning cold and hard after a season of impossible choices that leave him constantly calculating the lesser of 2 evils. He goes back to end the Time War at a heavy cost and is condemned by the time lords to lose his life, vilified by all past and future incarnations of the Doctor.

>... and then I find a new name because I wont be the Doctor anymore.
>Nobody talk to me. Nobody human has anything to say to me today!
>This was exactly you. All this. All of it. You make them so afraid. When you began, all those years ago, sailing off to see the universe, did you ever think you'd become this?
>What I did, I did in the name of peace and sanity.

He reminded me a bit of McCoy in how he would play the fool, but there was also a real calculating side to him, and he was capable of some surprisingly cold things, like when he killed that guy with a missile.

They completely change form. They are still alive but it's an entirely new life so that can never be the same.

Regenerating is a dangerous and shocking event that can really fuck him up for a short time afterwards. It's also not 100% guaranteed to be successful. The 3rd doctor ended up in a coma, the 5th couldn't walk, the 6th was erratic and had outbursts of violence and the 8th lost his memory. It's quite traumatic and even though it allows him to continue to live it's not something he really feels good about.

youtube.com/watch?v=eWRghlWqHJQ

I would only ever watch dr who if he comes back(he has said he'd like to)

>tuggo
It was tuco
TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT

Attached: 2420E002-C45A-40D7-8DC6-8980E099ADB8.jpg (360x450, 23K)

These colourisation attempts are pretty cool
youtube.com/watch?v=OMJEzf-ehlI

What happened to the Second Doctor was fucked up.

That would legitimately be one of the worst things you could do, as tempting as it may seem. DW thrives on a sense of growth and change, you just need to like not fuck it up completely.

Interesting you talk about that. There was a threat of the Doctor turning bad as far back as the 6th Doctor and his troubles with the Valeyard who is really just a possible future incarnation. Perhaps that threat is never truly gone, especially with the longer he lives.

Eh thats your opinion, most of the fans would love it if he comes back, providing it gets a tad darker with good writing.

fuck you I liked him

Attached: f.jpg (641x479, 18K)

I haven't watched any of the new season. Is it worth it at all?

Yeah they are.

youtube.com/watch?v=9qHK21NGE5k
youtube.com/watch?v=MjT0j8uVv1Q

So looking past the whole 'she's a woman' elephant in the room, what is the fan consensus on Jodie Whittaker's performance?

I don't think this is correct. Tenant was the height of viewers, not Smith.

From what I've seen from is that she could have been decent but the writing is so shit it ruined any chance she had of being a good doctor. Plus they over the do the wacky quirky stuff so they forget that she has the knowledge and experience of her past lives.

Lacking in authority and charisma

Tennant had by far the most range in his stories, the fuck are you on about

>this is marked as kids content because no one shook their ass or bled to death

2020 fucking sucks.

People like to cite Waters of Mars as an example of this but it's too jarring. In a single episode we go from charismatic, happy go lucky Tennant to 'I AM THE GOD OF ALL TIME, BOW BEFORE ME' Tennant and it just doesn't work. The character as established over the 3 prior seasons is at total odds with such a development and it feels wrong.

Especially since by the next episode he largely reverts.

He was great you could tell he loved being the doctor, nevertheless Capaldi couldn't carry this show by himself since the writers are dingbats who can't write for shit.

I COULD DO SO MUCH MORE!

She's good when the writers remember the Doctor is about more than just rambling to a room full of admirers.
It's happened maybe three times across two series combined.

It would be emblematic of bad things. Once a franchise enters nostalgia mode it's effectively over. Look at Star Trek. It's all just about how much of the iconography of the stuff that people liked they can bring back and parade in front of our faces now. There's no life to it. No new stories to hook people in. It's a museum piece.

Star Trek got ruined by woke SJW bullshit not nostalgia.

It's both. The Abrams movies were bad enough, and they were relatively unwoke.

tennant was based thats why its ok

Which are the most relevant group in the fandom right now retard

Which is why the show sucks now, yeah.

>were literal childern
This, im 26 and I was in middle school and grew up watching Tennant. It was around my jr. or sr. year in higher when he became smith.
I thought smiths first season was good still, but i drooped it around his second, it went batshit retarded and never recoverd

Attached: Doctor-who-coat.jpg (328x530, 117K)

The show went downhill the minute RTD left. I love Smith but the writing was absolute shit beginning to end with a few good episodes to keep you watching.