What the hell happened? Why was BTTF3 such a hot piece of shit?

and why wont these assholes make another BTTF movie?

Attached: 63690b5c5cd6e173d391df5b5ffd8f3c.jpg (500x741, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l2zCyE0Fur8
youtube.com/watch?v=Nf1XoVHtpaM
youtube.com/watch?v=VrRGE7XmslY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They were tired of it. There's a Telltale adventure game co-created with Bob Gale and starring the original actors (MJF as a cameo only because of parkinsons) that's considered the "fourth movie" by some. It's about as good as BTTF3.

Michael J Fox was relentlessly handsome.

Number 3 is my favorite of the trilogy. Dont (You) me

BTTF 3 is kino though

Why so much negativity? I admit the last part is the worst one of the trilogy, but that doesn't mean it's a bad movie in general terms

Are you legitimately retarded? Back to the Future 3 is the best film in the series, and the only one with genuine soul that pays heed to Crispin Glover's cutting criticisms of the materialistic 80s power fantasy of the original. The train scene is one of the greatest climaxes in cinematic history, too.

BTTF1> BTTF2 > BTTF3

But they're all good films honestly.

3 sucks
Fuck
(You)

eh,

BTTF 1 > BTTF 3 > BTTF 2

i liked 2 as a kid, but watching it again, its kind of shit. it repeats a lot of 1's humor. The future world might have been impressive in the 80s, but now its cringy with how wrong it was. The biff future world is cool. The 1950s in 2 was cool when it was not stealing from 1.

How is BTTF3 the worst when BTTF2 exists? BTTF2 was clearly rushed and is way too self-indulgent with its VFX. It has multiple major scenes that are just VFX showcases instead of serving the narrative. (The family dinner scene is the worst offender in this regard.)

3 was the only good one, the first two are shit

deal with it FAG

The whole movie was just doing cringe-poetry of the original 2 movies but with the old west. the love angle was forced and felt forced af. the only good things about it were wild west biff, and when they got back to 1985. the train was fucking retarded. nobody remembers the stupid train everyone remembers the delorean.

time travel train > your dumbass
trains are kino, deloreans are shit
>DURR THE DOOR GOES UP
fukken weak

It's the definition of kino with every single person involved acting on an entirely different level to the other movies.
youtube.com/watch?v=l2zCyE0Fur8
The other two films are trying way too hard to be funny, and the weird thing is that BTTF never succeeded at being funny. BTTF3 leans far more into the character development and drama, and is a triumph because of it. It's an example of how a film can be heavily improved by getting rid of all the trappings. Kill the technology focus. Get rid of the Delorean for most of the movie. Make a western. Westerns are an incredible genre that only faggots dislike, so you've automatically created a pleb filter.

I liked Back to the Future 3; It's the same plot as Back to the Future, but Doc and Marty are reversed.

...aaaand in comes the contrarianfaggot brigade.

only pussies mass reply
1v1 me your series fucking sucks until cowboys save it's ass
fucking doc dancing to zz top bailed out your nasty ass time travel comedy bullshit

It's a bit too monotonous compared to the first two. Cut down Clara's role and add another time period they need to travel too. Like the way the 2nd movie introduced both alt 1985 and 2015.

>the love angle was forced and felt forced af
It's not forced at all. Doc Brown is a hollow, disappointed shell of a man. He is obsessed with logic and reason, and it just makes him miserable. The irrational madness of love makes him complete. The scene where Clara pulls the train whistle and shouts, "Emmet, I love you!" is one of the greatest moments of completion in cinema. Doc Brown is reborn. His entire life has led to this moment, and nothing he has ever accomplished compares to this. This is what cinema was MADE for.

1. why did he even use the train track if it could fly faggot? 2. it also looked way too heavy to fly. 3. A flying train is less stalethy, everyone would see it. 4. a flying train makes no sense when this idiot already knows how to make a flying car. NONE of this makes any sense you worthless dicklet. Admit it this movie is garbage!

It’s because they filmed 2 and 3 back to back, and the third was still being written when production started. A lot of it was just slapped together and everyone was getting burned out by the end

>Like the way the 2nd movie introduced both alt 1985 and 2015.
Half the problem with BTTF2 is that it jumps all over the place and was seeming aimed at toddlers with ADD.

It's the worst of the 3, but it's not even close to a piece of shit

You've got it backwards. BTTF2 was the rushed mess of a movie everyone was burned out on. That's why it's so poorly edited, paced, and structured. BTTF3 was the real focus during post-production and that's why the writing is a lot better, the pacing is a lot better, etc.

>logic
>movies
DURRR
because it looked BOSS as fuck is why
because you had to have the real train crush that pussy deloregay then doc shows up in his new badass ride

Please stop rubbing me, I am going to pee
Nooo, I am going to spray happy juice everywhere.

>1. why did he even use the train track if it could fly faggot?
Because the rails were guaranteed to be there.
> a flying train makes no sense when this idiot already knows how to make a flying car.
A time train is kino.

The chemistry was all wrong, it was like Anakin and Padme...Plus she looked WAY too young for him and he looked like a fucking creep stalking her the whole movie. Now, if he found another female scientist with white hair who looked like him and was weird af it would have been more believable, like they were destined to be together...She was just some chick who likes reading scii-fi novels. It was just really sloppy shit.

3>2.
HERE, WE SURVE WISKEY

>wrong
They fucking changed the future, we are living in the modified timeline.

2 fucking sucked because of the tacked on biff and the almanac main plot instead of actually focusing on marty's kids. also not enough elisabeth shue

>nobody remembers the stupid train everyone remembers the delorean.
Both Zorro 2 and The Lone Ranger directly ripped off the BTTF3 train scene. It's an iconic action sequence.

Anyone who hears this music:
youtube.com/watch?v=Nf1XoVHtpaM
Immediately hears.

>"CLARA!"
>"Emmet... I LOVE YOU!"
>*Incoherent gasp of joy from Doc, his face shining with a light we've never witnessed before*

Goddamn, Alan Silvestri was kino in the 1980s.

I never realized it was hated so much until the internet, and I still don't really get the hate. The "Clint Eastwood" running gag is funny, Mad Dog Tanner is my favorite Biff incarnation, and the Old West setting is comfy. I always quote the "run?? for fun???" line and some other ones. Clara is kind of annoying, but not overwhelmingly so. I don't think it touches the first movie in terms of quality, but it measures up fine with the second one.

> Because the rails were guaranteed to be there.
Uhh, yeah but he could have just taken off into the sky from wherever he came from, and it doesn't make sense that he would keep the train-style if he can already travel into the future, it's bulky and fucking retarded.
> A time train is kino.
NO, it isn't, it's retarded. Nobody remembers the stupid train.

If we're going by 19th century standards, she's actually a bit too old for him. She was a teacher? Those were usually dried up spinsters.

Attached: 1577162033444.jpg (1024x1024, 176K)

stop watching big bang theory you fucking nerd lmao

It's hardly hated. Just not as liked.

>That beautiful piano (?) theme at the beginning
>INDIANS!
>Doc getting a gf
>Mad Dog Tannen
>The train climax
>The projector dying in the cinema in 1990 when I first watched it

BTTF3 has its flaws and may not be the best of the three, but it is entertaining.

BTTF3 was a good movie, better than 2 even. What's with the sudden influx with these threads? Babby's first time watching BTTF?

>The chemistry was all wrong, it was like Anakin and Padme...
Anakin and Padme were perfect, though. People who think they're wrong don't understand their characters.
>Plus she looked WAY too young for him and he looked like a fucking creep stalking her the whole movie. Now, if he found another female scientist with white hair who looked like him and was weird af it would have been more believable, like they were destined to be together...
You're being a giant dumbass, user. The actors are 38 and 53 respectively.
>She was just some chick who likes reading scii-fi novels.
She's an aspiring scientist you idiot. Did you completely miss their conversations together? Her telescope? Did you sleep through the movie or something?

>I never realized it was hated so much until the internet, and I still don't really get the hate.
It literally boils down to westerns being a pleb filter. Remember that BTTF3 was considered a huge boon for the western genre because nobody made westerns anymore in 1991 due to their unpopularity. 90% of criticism of BTTF3 is literally people who can't handle the genre change because "I don't like westerns".

I think the problem with this movie was that BTTF2 was a real hardcore time-travel film. You literally see a glimpse into "the future", then you get taken back to and alternate timeline of the present, then to the past to re-experience the first film, then theres a hint of wild west in there as well with the letter. After all that excitement you get to part 3 and it's just "we stuck in the old west" + cliche quips, bad jokes, piss-poor romance and stale "sequel-poetry". If just felt stale as hell after part 2. That could have been ok if it was filmed well but it felt rushed and sloppy. The soundtrack and Biffs performance was really on point thought, that's about all I can say.

>HERE, WE SURVE WISKEY
>Doc can DANCE?
>AH'LL EVEN LEND'YA AH HAT
>Everything about irish Marty

Attached: 1560434045202.png (1175x796, 1.32M)

>NO, it isn't, it's retarded. Nobody remembers the stupid train.
filtered you dumb bitch

Without BTTF3, the other two films are meaningless and morally bankrupt.

this guy fucks

he had to rebuild a time machine with 1885 technology that's why its bigger, we'rn't you paying attention to his icemaker?

You mean the people smarter than OP?

> Anakin and Padme were perfect, though.
The romance was garbage in this movie and the Star Wars prequels. There was zero charisma. You are a moron.
> The actors are 38 and 53 respectively.
I'm not talking about the actors you fucking moron, I'm talking about the characters. Clara was 30, Brown was 65.
> She's an aspiring scientist you idiot.
Shes a woman with a telescope who reads sci-fi novels. He's a genius who invented a time machine. You think thats SIMILAR? Fuck right off. He said she's "one in a billion...etc", uhh, no.
> Did you completely miss their conversations together? Her telescope? Did you sleep through the movie or something?
I could think of a million ways they could have shown her as more similar to Brown which would have made the romance more believable, just having her play with a telescope and read sci-fi isn't much of a connection you autistic freak.

I've always found it interesting how many BTTF1 fans don't see a problem with the film's celebration of materialism. Marty doesn't learn anything, and the film acts like him not learning anything should be celebrated. BTTF3 picks up the threads of the series and shows Marty avoiding his dark fate (boom-tish) by becoming a better man. It's not about being smarter or more cunning or whatever. It's about being a better person. Doc becomes a better man. He fills the void inside himself with love. Without this conclusion, the previous films are just celebrations of enforcing your will on the universe with a time machine. There's no moral payoff. No lesson to be learned.

Only thing I don't like about 3 is at the end the whole nonsense about your future not being written. Doesn't that completely ignore the premise of the movie itself?

I'd like to point out that Doc Brown is fucking miserable. His obsession with science has made him a miserable, tired old man. Clara makes him believe in something greater for either the first time in decades, or the first time in his life. Without Clara, he will return to 1985, destroy the time machine, and then die alone. His life has no meaning. But then he meets Clara. And she approaches science with joy and optimism. She is devoid of cynicism. And he wants to be like her. Why the fuck would he fall in love with a mirror image of himself?

He rebuilt it in 1885 but once you have a time machine you literally aren't stuck in 1885 anymore, he could have travelled back to 2015 and got whatever he wanted to shrink it back down to the size of a car...which would make perfect sense since you don't want to be seen driving a flying train in the sky. Also why did he even rebuilt the time machine, didn't he say he wished he never invented it half way into the movie?

>didn't he say he wished he never invented it half way into the movie?
That was before Clara accepted his life and transformed him into a better man. Which is, you know, the entire underlying point of the man. When Clara returns his love, he realises that he doesn't need to be afraid and cynical about science anymore.

well by now he has his whole family with him they probably have a little home in there how are they going to fit that in a car

I used to hate it, but it's grown on me over the years.
The real anchor is the love story between Doc and Ted Danson's wife.
But outside of that, it's a fun adventure movie.

>didn't he say he wished he never invented it half way into the movie?
I might say i wish never drank when i have bad hangover but it doesn't ever stop me from getting trashed next time

>Doc shows Clara the future
>takes a look around at how degenerate things have become despite the gains in technology
>Immediately she demands to go back 100 years ago
>destroys the time machine... again

I never said he should love someone exactly like him, I said it would have made more sense for her to be more of a science type of person and for her to be more his age. Making her that young and ditsy just made it seem like he wanted to just fuck her, that he just loved her for shallow reasons. If he just loved her because of her appearance and her naive optimism that's shallow as fuck honestly. It would have been much better if she was a full blown scientist just like him but had the optimism you are talking about...but it was based on something more than just "hey I like to read sci-fi novels!" she just seemed like a total brainlet compared to him.

>>takes a look around at how degenerate things have become despite the gains in technology
Their 2015 had flying cars and hoverboards
It's us whos living in a leftist distopia alternative timeline

> I saw the communist crispin glover interview and think I'm a genius
fuck right off. Yes, love is more important than money, fine. No. BTTF3 didn't execute it properly.

What fucked it up between 1985 and 2015?

youtube.com/watch?v=VrRGE7XmslY

>an 80s vision of the 50s
hell yeah man
>an 80s vision of the 2010s
wew im strapped in
>an 80s vision of the 1880s
...mm. skip

Doc was right here.

>leftist distopia alternative timeline
trump (as biff) was the president (as mayor) in the dystopian 2015

This, 3 was a retarded idea from the beginning.

Wow. Okay we get it, you hate women and blacks.

the core of the original movie was about his father gaining courage and living a more successful life as a result, he was wealthier, in love, and had a good family. It wasn't "pro-capitalism", that's just some nonsense Crispin Glover was reading into the film. They probably fired him because he was being fucking annoying about it.

What is Marty supposed to learn? It's an adventure movie. Indiana Jones barely goes through an arc in his movies.

>Indiana Jones barely goes through an arc in his movies.
and this would be why it was already wearing thin in tempe of doom, and the ones after are barely watchable..

Based and Old West-pilled

>NO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS
Don't even like BTTF3 but you're a complete faggot. Be ashamed. Stop posting.

Holy shit, imagine being so wrong.
Doc and Clara are Western kino
Anakin and Padme are 30s soap opera kino

Attached: anakinssolo___B8Ziq_3AQpQ___.jpg (1080x915, 175K)

>Because of Parkinson's

Attached: MbdRUoEkYjdPXEU4NKYpq2PaGYtqvSOL58o3JIVB_Fs.jpg (922x962, 120K)

I guess it's the weakest of the trilogy, but still great. Clara is the only thing i never liked about it, always found her annoying as fuck.
It has kind of a cheesy ending too but i like it more than Telltale's ending. Better to have closure and a happily ever after than another sequel bait that leaves you wanting for more.

>that scene in curb your enthusiasm when he deliberately shakes a bottle of soda and then blames it on the parkensons

Attached: IMG_20200223_140240.jpg (1206x1440, 140K)

>This movie sucks.
>They should make more of this movie.

Wow, OP never ceases to amaze with his faggotry.

Marty dabbing on Buford by doing the moonwalk is kino af

Attached: giphy (1).gif (267x200, 939K)

I love it. Great character development.

Attached: 66f00f8685f7d21c3843305cceb8ac35.gif (500x274, 997K)

All 3 of them are great. Fuck off contrarian

Absolute kino

I like them all, but if I have to rank them, it's: 1 > 3 > 2.
I like 3 better than 2, but only because 2 recycled so much from 1.

It was more memorable than 2

Ditto.

The second one should have been the third and final one.

because a steampunk flying time train is fucking baller as fuck

>Time travel? Cool!
>Hoverboards? Holy shit!
>Flying car? Fuck yeah!
>Train? Meh.
I was only 8 when 3 came out. I thought the train was boring, the colored logs were an unbelievable fuel source (even to an 8yo) yet a time-travelling flying car was perfectly acceptable. How the fuck do you manage to fuck up a sequel so badly that it fails to impress a fucking 8 year old? How?

Attached: images - 2020-03-04T223232.673.jpg (340x182, 8K)

People get jarred by the western theme but It makes sense. They romanticized 1950’s America in the first one, romanticized the future In the second movie, so it only made logical sense to pay tribute to America’s Most famous setting, the romanticized, American frontier.

Attached: 504BE3DD-D101-4E32-90F8-18DD973A3398.png (300x250, 62K)

Based

This.

Only good post

From what I remember when I first saw BTF3, the reasons I feel I didn't like it as much, and keep in mind I was a kid, was:

1. It doesn't take place in the future. My favorite parts of 2 were the future and I wanted to see more of that.

2. Cowboys aren't as cool as future shit.

3. It felt like a re-tread of the first movie, but with cowboys instead of the 50's.

4. They destroyed the time machine and now Marty can't go on any more adventures, but Doc gets to keep going on adventures in his time travel train.

5. I really would have wanted to see Doc's adventure's on the flying time travel train and that's what the movie should have been, pic related.

Attached: fireworks factory.gif (245x250, 614K)

Does anyone else want Christopher Lloyd to make a comeback?

Someone in Hollywood throw the guy a role. He should be a villain in the next Mission Impossible movie, or something.

Three was the worst movie but had the best novelization.

>too young for him
>she's in her 30's
Fucking cringe as fucking soi boys.

This. Makes sense two Verne nerds would love it

based and kidpilled

>and why wont these assholes make another BTTF movie?
can you fuckers just leave ONE franchise alone? you're not going to recapture your youth, get over it.

You are endlessly a faggot.

Shit taste

>How did the characters meet future versions of themselves in 2015 if they left the timeline in 1985?

>How can Marty be watching the events of the first movie play out when technically that isn't him? It's the lone pine Marty that grew up with the cool parents. The events of the first movie should be entirely different with completely different motivations.

>How can Biff return to the time line he came from when Doc explains that to literally be impossible directly afterwards?

And yet... with all of that, 2 is still my favourite and better than 3.

I like it more than BTTF2 because BTTF2 isn't as lighthearted. Though BTTF2 does lots of good stuff. They're all great.

Because one is too old for that kind of physical acting anymore and the other has Parkinsons disease.

Anyone that disagrees is a joyless faggot.

He was pretty good in I Am Not a Serial Killer

This guy gets it.

It was a fun final outing for the series. Quite enjoyable.

Attached: 1208830878880.jpg (240x320, 60K)

BTTF 2 > BTTF 1 > BTTF 3

I really really like the intro to BTTF 3 when they are all sleeping, it's max comfy

>YOU YELLOW?

Attached: 65630.png (2412x1389, 716K)

If you could go back in time and fuck your mother just the once, ending your own life as the timeline is ruined, would you?

Yes

Attached: 165553.png (638x529, 343K)

I don't mean her, anyone would do it for her, I mean your own mother.

This is explained in the film, divergent timelines

>How can Marty be watching the events of the first movie play out when technically that isn't him? It's the lone pine Marty that grew up with the cool parents.
No it isn't, it's him with the loser parents. Every time they travel the timelines split into a new section. They revisited that section and potentially if they failed would have carried on with a loser parents timeline

>How can Biff return to the time line he came from when Doc explains that to literally be impossible directly afterwards?
Except it obviously wasnt because they did it themselves...

>Telltale
>About as good
Why do you people hate 3 this much, it was completely fine

1>3>2 is mandatory belief

>Doc lives in 1885 with Clara
>decides to build another time machine so he can visit Marty
>takes him a while due to the older technology and a train makes sense since it's the fastest vehicle for the time
>has two kids in the meantime
>finally gets it working and thinks its best to go to the future first so he can modify it and he won't need to rely on train tracks
>all done, now time to pick up his wife and kids and impress his best-bud with his flying train family
What are you not to getting?

BTTF 3 is the weakest of the trilogy, and it’s still a good movie. You’re calling it shit, and you also want a new one? You are a gigantic faggot

>Telltale adventure game

Attached: dumb.gif (300x225, 1.59M)

>virgin
She said she has "parked car" before, which means she's been with other guys.