WOLVERINE RUNNER-UPS BEFORE HUGH JACKMAN

>Russell Crowe was the first choice, but turned it down.

>Keanu Reeves, Edward Norton and Kiefer Sutherland were studio picks, but ultimately turned it down.

>Viggo Mortensen, Aaron Eckhart and Gary Sinise auditioned. Sinise reportedly came very close to landing the role.

>Dougray Scott was ultimately cast, but had to drop out at the last minute due to scheduling conflicts, and Hugh Jackman was called in when filming was already underway.

Attached: Sniktbub.png (1059x676, 1.07M)

Viggo would've been kino.

Wasn't Mel Gibson the first person they asked to play Wolverine some time back in the mid 90's?

I think the studio even made concept art with him as Logan. Looked pretty kino.

Those are all horrible choices outside of Viggo

Sinise could have been a great comics-accurate Wolverine but it's obvious from Hugh Jackman and everyone else they were considering that they wanted more of a leading man type

Those guys are relentlessly handsome.

And thank God he hasn't been involved in capeshit.

Fantasyshit isn't much better.

>Russell Crowe
kiwi as Wolverine? I dunno man, next thing you'll be telling me Wolverine was played by an Aussie

Gary Sinise is based

Sure, but Lord of the Rings is way better than modern capeshit.

>Sinise reportedly came very close to landing the role
studio full of retards

Diden't they approach Glenn Danzig at one point?

Attached: 1582500882106.jpg (548x397, 34K)

What happened to Gary sinise, he was cool

started doing a shitload of charity work. turns out hes a good dude.

turned out, he was a Republican

I think sinise would be a great pick. He's got the stubble and "fuck you, scott" personality that would easily fit him

Too old, for fucking sake, the next gen of MCU actor got to be young, you dont spend time on old farts. Damn, Antman is 50, wtf Paul Rudd is driking the morining?!?

For Wolfo, Scott Eastwood is pretty good actor, maybe is too clean for Logan but if is triying to be a little bit ruff, who knows....

Attached: Scoot Eastwood.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

Fuck off Scott, you suck

Are you stupid or just pretending?

He was offered the chance to audition, which he turned down because he wanted the role straight up or nothing at all.

Sinise wouldve been great. Viggo couldve been cool too.

what could have been

Attached: 1513962459555.jpg (953x816, 352K)

The nerve of this humongous faggot to compare LotR to capeturdery

really old fag here.
what is wrong with you fucking plebs?
dougray scott looks EXACTLY like Wolverine from the comics 70s/80s/90s/ era.
EXACTLY!
His jawline alone would be perfect under the cowl.
really pisses me off it wasnt him.

Attached: comiclysmic-050.jpg (1323x2036, 613K)

Attached: x-men-268-wolverine-2-jim-lee.jpg (524x329, 66K)

What a dumbass.

>In an interview with News.com.au (via CBR), Crowe explained that Singer “was really putting the pressure on” for him to take the part, but he avoided it because he didn’t want to be typecast.

>“If you remember, Maximus has a wolf at the centre of his cuirass, and he has a wolf as his companion at the beginning of the film, which I thought was going to be a bigger deal. So I said no, because I didn’t want to be ‘Wolfy the general’ and then ‘Wolfy the other bloke,’ like now I’m Mr. Wolfman. I can only do movies that have something to do with wolves.”

Attached: 1563781599937.gif (448x260, 2.87M)

No one cares what you virgin boomers want.

Wolverines aren't even wolves.

fucking retard fatfuck

lord of the rings is just capeshit for Yea Forums nerds
also, Jackman wasn't that great as Wolverine

Gibson might've been on the radar for Carolco's version that would've been directed by Kathryn Bigelow, but for for Fox's version.

They should've given the part to him on the spot - he would've been wicked badass as Wolverine.

Attached: Danzig.png (969x1274, 1.5M)