What was his problem?

What was his problem?

Attached: 65E642C1-950C-46D7-A076-5BC9ED2C021A.png (299x168, 78K)

Didn’t bring back the motherlode

>He was having extreme flashbacks on high grade experimental drugs that were supposed to generate teek powers but just distorted him into a monster instead
>He was isolated and unhealthily sexually obsessed with Elena with no one to keep him away from her except herself
>He had murdered at least half a dozen people but Arboria forgave him because he had taken the extra step to find enlightenment

Part of it was that he had too many issues to be an effective seeker after mystic truths, part of it was that Arboria was a terrible manager and a terrible trip sitter, and his stupidity sent Nyle off the rails.

Concise and correct.

His wife was retarded

She was looking out for him, but likely was not allowed to know the full story of the happenings at the Arboria Institute. Unfortunately that left her vulnerable when he went off his meds and started to become the living incarnation of a bad trip.

the contempt he shows when he talks to her the first time is so fucking funny

I was pissed when he killed the metalheads. Probably because they were people I would have been jamming out to the same shit with around the campfire if I lived in that movie's world.

Too woke.

Trying to maintain control while being a completely spun psycho.

Spiritual awakening gone very, very wrong.

>65E642C1-950C-46D7-A076-5BC9ED2C021A

he wanted to fuck that psychic chick

What was the point of the last 10 minutes? After they leave the facility it turns into a slasher movie

Probably my favorite movie just based on the raw emotion i feel when watching it, nothing else touches me on that level.
It shows that she escaped her first prison only to be shown the next layer of her prison, society.

I dont get it

Cosmatos and Eggers are probably my 2 favorite directors, i wish it didnt take them so long to make kino, eggers is 4 years and cosmatos took 8.

it's embarrassing it took him 8 years to make mandy which sucked compared to BTBR

Cosmatos is a craftsman. It takes him a while to create memorable nightmares and visions to fill your mind with.

I agree with you but i think he was making homages to old B movies he enjoyed while growing up. If thats the case he deff hit the mark while gving his own feel to it, especially in the first half. If the entire movie kept the tone of the first half it would be amazing to me. Or if the first half was somehow stretched to be the entire movie and there was no revenge arch.

Someone i wish i could adsd to the list but this faggot seems to be done making movies.

Attached: MV5BNzU5MTYwNTg5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzkxNTUz._V1_.jpg (400x367, 41K)

supposedly he has some final project in the works before he retires for good

Its just so sad seeing so much potential being wasted.

yeah it's depressing. seeing such a promising career go nowhere because hollywood simply wouldn't fund him probably discouraged more than a few prospective filmmakers.