Would it work?

Would it work?

Attached: Birth of Christ.png (1600x898, 1.23M)

Other urls found in this thread:

jw.org/en/library/magazines/g200812/jesus-birth/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_zero
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, but what is there to see in Hill Valley, CA two millennia ago?

Yeah in the movie it works, didn't you watch it

Native Americans

>but what is there to see in Hill Valley,
you have a car that runs on banana peels and piss...

No but what would happen if he went to see Jesus being born?

>adjusts fedora

Time isn't real

Jesus wasn't even born in December that shit's just a holiday appropriated from Germanic tribes

I don't see how. We don't really know how the time machine works aside from the fact that you need 1.21 gigawatts of electricity and 88 miles per hour of forward velocity to power the flux capacitor and the "time circuits" but we never get an explanation of what the those things do to permit time travel. In theory you can go forward in time simply by going really really fast in such a way that time seemingly goes slower for you than everyone else so maybe if you could somehow go even faster, like faster than the speed of light, then time would go so much slower for you that it would appear to go backwards for everyone else. There's really very little to no evidence to support that theory though and our current understanding of physics basically tells us that going faster than light is a scientific no no.

You would have to pinpoint the moment and place

Only because doc got the tech in the future. If they had gone to the past they would have been fucked. Even with the plutonium I doubt they could have found a long enough stretch of road to get up to 88

The DeLorean end ups in the same place relative to the Earth when it travels through time, so you'd be in California surrounded by natives after crashing into a tree or teepee or some shit

Or if it just gets spit it relative to its original position in space then you'd travel 2000 years into the past but when you arrived you'd just be drifting through empty space

If only someone had written it down

IIRC Historians believe that Jesus was actually born in the summer.

no because there's no year 0(zero)
they started counting from year 1

That's the last date Doc shows off before he gets to 1955, so I always wanted the version of the movie where Marty gets stuck in 0000.

I wonder how far back Marty could travel in England and still be able to communicate.
Does Doc know Latin?
It seems that Italians would have an advantage in being time travelers.
I wonder how far in the future you could go before you couldn't understand the language.

What the fuck does that matter for the machine

Why Italians lol

if you wanted to see a 3 year old Jesus, sure...

Lol why do you actual retards try to argue over the specifics of the birth of jesus when there isn't even any evidence that he ever existed in the first place? If you're going to be a skeptic why half ass it?

>Or if it just gets spit it relative to its original position in space then you'd travel 2000 years into the past but when you arrived you'd just be drifting through empty space

It very clearly doesnt work like that

Italians could understand Latin the easiest.

...or Greeks.

If you're going back to 1AD, then go to Rome, not a backwater in Palestine. This was the golden age of the Roman Empire. I'd show Augustus how to make steel.

Lets say you arrive in Germany one day of August 1932. The NDSAP had just won the federal elections and became the #1 political party in Germany. Hitler is in the final stages of his meteoric rise, and in less than a year he'd become the defacto ruler of the country.

You meet him for half an hour. What do you tell the future Fuhrer?

Attached: Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-1987-0703-506,_Adolf_Hitler_vor_Rundfunk-Mikrofon_retouched.jpg (526x769, 144K)

I give him the plans for a time machine

Get started on that Moon base

(((they))) will never find you there

Tell him about the future, what to do, and what not to do.

Tell him to start the final solution a few years earlier. At least pump the numbers up a bit.

He wouldn't know what you're talking about.

No because there's no year 0. It's either 1 or 1 BC. It's confusing.

based

jw.org/en/library/magazines/g200812/jesus-birth/

More than just the Germanic tribes. A lot of people had holidays at that time, even the prechristian Romans. Read about Saturnalia, .

The machine it would have to handle that incorrect input somehow. Would it send him to 1BC, would it overrun and send him to the far future, what sort of interesting malfuction would it cause?

Something unintended would happen, and it has the potential to make for an interesting story. This speculation is the point of the thread. Ya dope.

Ofcourse it would work
It will calculate how many years back you want to move and it will take you there
The naming convention is irrelevant

Docs car would have ended up in space since the earth is always moving.

It's not a magical anchored coordinate ya dingus, it has to calculate the displacement from the starting point
The date input is precisely for that purpose, it will work perfectly

The car teleports in both time and space, it simply moves to the corresponding earth position. With tweaking and fine tuning he could turn it into a teleporter.

Indian tribes slaughtering and enslaving each other. The good news is that Marty and Doc can start the genocide of natives a full millennia and a half ahead of schedule by sneezing on them.

Attached: pilgrims and indians share on thanksgiving.jpg (960x751, 226K)

They'd have to go sometime in the spring
Lambs aren't born in december

I won three awards in a regional competition for a short story about a man who built a time machine, only to forget to take into consideration the relative coordinates of the Earth at the time of the arrival date. He ends up realizing it in his confusion as he freezes to death in space.

Or Chinese

I'd show Augustus how to make gunpowder

There is no year zero, it goes straight from 1 BC to 1 AD

Attached: google.com.jpg (256x197, 8K)

There's no 0 year, you'd have to jump to "DEC 25 0001"

now that's a movie I'd go to see

Attached: 1572126323172.jpg (540x783, 44K)

Teach the romans the power of flight, gunpowder, and metallurgy.

Give him a way to keep PiƂsudski alive for a few years longer so Germany/Poland/Central Europe alliance wipes out the Bolsheviks.

>Even with the plutonium I doubt they could have found a long enough stretch of road to get up to 88
damn good point

but what about when christ was 6 months old? Wouldn't it be 0.5 AD? Or when he was 6 days old? That would be year 0.0164384 AD

Ah yes, the 0th century

No, that would be the 1st century. there's no 0 century, but there is a 0 year.

No, there isn't.

Yes, there is.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_zero

I'd hand over a tablet (loaded with a german language copy of wikipedia and everything I could find about nuclear weapons theory, modern combined arms strategy, how to make simple computers, etc.) and spend the remaining time teaching him how to use it so he can pass it on to the military scientists.

He'd just declare it Jewish science and throw it away.

Maybe if it was much later in the war and he was on all those drugs, but 1932 Hitler wouldn't waste the opportunity