Is Bravo Vince the master of symbolysm?

Is Bravo Vince the master of symbolysm?

Attached: better-call-saul-5x2-ice-cream-.jpg (640x365, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CG9J75qDZ74
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1583224198038.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hate tv shots like this. Tells you nothing.

it's visual storytelling. The soviets were doing this shit 100 years ago.

is that supposed to represent the penis of Mike?

It's a boring and unoriginal shot "Hey, how do you wanna shoot this cone?"
"Rule of thirds, it'll be incredible!"

mint is green, colour of money and also envy
ants are industrious and loyal
waffle cone was invented by a belgian? or a german?
the sidewalk is just a sidewalk i guess

but what does it mean in relation to the show?

>symbolism
your technological terror is nothing compared to the power of POTTERY

This is a show about disintegration. It’s a perfect visual metaphor for that.

Attached: CCBC3A7C-C12A-4E83-8455-6B3D6E8A3F8C.jpg (1442x1784, 1.3M)

The Ice Cream is Jimmy and the Ants are Saul, once Saul has consumed Jimmy completely there will be nothing left to mark the fevered activity

HOLY FUCK THAT'S EPIC

>it's a drunk Mike beats up a 6'3" nigger

Oh yeah?
How would you shoot a cone then?
Your job is to arrange the elements onscreen, the camera and the lightning.

I'll be waiting on descriptions or a poorly drawn paintbrush frame for a storyboard. It better be kino.

kinda fucking tired of people over analyzing every little detail.

wtf

this is closer, he is leaving behind his childhood innocence represented as icecream to become a real criminal lawyer for big time criminal underworld gangs. not sure about the ants but the leaving it behind when he's literally getting into the gang car.

one ant, then another. then a hoard, devouring the ice cream leaving a shocking empire of infestation out of nowhere on this clean sidewalk for passers goingby.

Ants are busy working, and soon were making the ice cream a home, til it was dry and gone.

The ice cream belonged to Saul, and in ways, is Saul. He started helping a few criminals, and soon he is a lynchpin for the crime of the entire of New Mexico. He is so vital for so much of the history, and perhaps is the single most important character in bringing Walt's empire. The character he meets and knowledge he holds of crime, are sustenance for more crime, just like the sustenance for ice cream.

He is responsible for this infestation of society. and just like the ice cream was was gone and left nothing but ants when jimmy returns, the exact thing happens to him.

He changes identity, dissapearing, leaving behind the biggest drug empire in recent history, and all its related crime.

Also, the green and walnut combo is the get-up he wears in BB, i.e. Saul Goodmans fashion.

Attached: cast_bb_800x600_saul-goodman.jpg (800x600, 24K)

Concrete- Niggers
Ice Cream- White peope
Cone- Society
Ant- Jews

In slow motion, rolling down a large set of stairs.

you're on to somethin, but what you said might be anecdotal.

I think this metaphore could work in the long-run, but it's mostly hinting at future episodes.

The ice cream is the 50% off deal he gave. A juicy incentive to do crime, due to low lawyer fees.

And AMC says the description for next episode is:
>Jimmy learns the not-so-great results of his 50 percent off deal. Don’t miss the next episode of Better Call Saul Monday, March 9 at 9/8c.

and:
>As Jimmy doubles down on "Saul Goodman," a deeply conflicted Kim brings him an interesting proposition. Gus makes a sacrifice in order to play the long game. Mike attempts to smooth things over with his family.

He is doubling down on the being the 'crime lawyer', and has to deal with the 50% off.

It basically is what you said, but how being the crime-supporting lawyer leads to more crime. Its not that deep, and the writers want you to appreciate the metaphor in later episodes.

Attached: 1546979029605.gif (220x220, 2.02M)

Simple, the ice cream is meant to be his decency or innocence. He still has that when he's just a working stiff trying to hussle to get by. he doesn't actually commit any serious crimes, he's just clever and morally gray. But as soon as the cartel invites him in to their world, he has to give that decency up only to return to find there's nothing left.

It makes sense as a full scene and I think the cut makes very little sense. They could've just shown us the ants and then cut to jimmy being dropped off again, then going on his mission to turn the arrested guy into a CI. Showing us both just gives us a cake on a cake, either sequence is redundant with the other but still vital to the plot and meaning of the events that take place.

>mfw didn't look too much into it and just cheered for the ants to get their queen nice and swole and share icecream with everyone at the colony

Attached: original.jpg (400x290, 25K)

What I loved about this episode was the juxtoposition of the drug dealers having all these cars and money and house and shit and the old man losing his home to the bank. Showing how playing by the rules gets you fucked while playing the game dirty can get you further.

What did this symbolize?

>ywn get home after a long day at work and throw bottles of beer with kim to relieve stress
Bros...

>every single shot has to be symbolic

Attached: 1581339817778.jpg (515x423, 61K)

I'm convinced this is Vince posting anonymously. Only he could have insight this deep and this accurate.

>it's a mike gets shitfaced and beats up a punk episode

So young goodman brown?

Attached: 1575822891840.png (1045x1500, 1.36M)

>yea we're gonna need some military-grade ants to clean up this icecream

Attached: Mike_sits_on_couch.webm (1920x1080, 83K)

that was a certified niglet.

>the ants represent humanity
>the ice cream cone represent life

BRAVO

>look at the city slicker in her shiny german car

Attached: BCS_503_GL_0516_0167_RT-900x586.jpg (900x586, 85K)

>that cheap gratuitous piece of shit fan service Hank introduction
>old as shit Gomie looking 20 years older than his older self
DROPPED

What was Vince channelling here?

Attached: hffqzQe9jIMRiu4OP3zbc3uqbS8UTlAEFmGNcbBcRM0.jpg (757x720, 100K)

It's better than the meme CGI deaging like in the The Irishman and millennial and zoomer actors are fucking shit

Vince made the right choice even if they look age as shit.

ants = drug addicts

ice cream = drugs

>It's better than the meme CGI deaging like in the The Irishman
Here's this kid I've been telling you about

Attached: Todd_El_Camino.png (776x822, 705K)

was he based?

Attached: 1583237383101.png (1920x1080, 2.46M)

Shouldn't have signed a retarded contract like that

No, just an old retarded boomer who thinks he's above the law. FUCK HIM

retard shoulda read the contract
I can't think of anything more cucked than """""""""""""owning""""""""""""" a house you can get kicked out of any second

Nope. He read and agreed to the contract.

He was based for calling out Kim for exactly the kind of snake that she is. The kind of person that think she is above all the other snakes and for trying to be one of "the good ones" and doing the EXACT shit he called her out for earlier. For being someone who claims to be on the side of law and justice yet also a paragon of morality when she is anything but. He saw right through it, and Jimmy probably will to when he and Kim have their eventual big fight.

But anyway, no. Besides that, he was stupid for signing an obviously bad contract.

>you'll say anything at all to get what you want, won't you
B A S E D
A
S
E
D

Kim and Jimmy already had a fight like that last season.

Jimmy still thinks she's a good person, though. He will get tired of Kim always getting mad at him for his sleaziness when she essentially does just the same thing as him under a different code and name, and will call her out for her moral hypocrisy.

So Jimmy's the "good" one because he simply wears his sleaziness on his sleeve and doesn't even pretend to be good? At least Kim does SOME good once in a while

>will call her out for her moral hypocrisy.
Big mistake. Jimmy doesn't realize this is the nature of all women and there is nothing he can do about it.

>two Yea Forums memes in one episode
Vince is our guy?

Attached: 1578159429274.jpg (800x480, 71K)

How does Jimmy not do "SOME good" once in a while either? Have you not watched the show? The literal first episode is him talking a mad Tuco out of killing those retard twins. Which was even just referenced last episode.

Jimmy is no better or worse. His difference is he is more honest and his sleeziness is considered less desirable or "right" despite effectively being the same shit any other lawman will do even if they stay by-the-book. Whether that honesty makes him more morally righteous than Kim is subjective.

ice cream melting = your time melting away as you watch this pointless show

ants = the time you could be spending watching real kino like ant-man

ant-man even has a funny ice cream scene, baskin robbins always finds out!

What sort of scam are Kim and Jimmy going to pull to solve this?

The Mesa Verde chick praised Kim for yelling at the guy, but couldn't anyone have done that. It ended with them having to call the sheriff anyway, so nothing was really achieved. Kim could've stayed in town and nothing would be different.

Did you forget that Jimbo literally launders money for criminals? This is the shit these fucking kikes always push in their fucking product. The dirtbag piece of shit with a "heart of gold" is our hero because once in a blue moon he does something which isn't illegal (but isn't he so badass??), but the actual good person with flaws who has a bad day once in a while must be hated and destroyed

But Cinnabon is also a...brand name featured in popular media!

No one said Jimmy was a "good guy" retard. Just that Kim is no better. They both deserve to be hated and destroyed.

Why wasn't the icecream completely gone by the time Jimmy came back to that area? At least two days elapsed in a hot southern state and you can clearly still see ants around it.

Isn't it already solved? The guy isn't budging and he's seemingly only going to vacate if he's forced to, which he was told the sheriff would be doing so in the next day or so.

>yeah yeah yeah step out of the fucking house

Attached: 99-homes-99homes-fp-00007-rgb.jpg (739x478, 85K)

yes

Don't forget to keep up on your ethics training
youtube.com/watch?v=CG9J75qDZ74

I think these things are 1 week ahead of what they should be.

>NOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST KICK ME OUT OF MY HOME I AGREED TO BE KICKED OUT OF

It symbolizes his loss of innocence, again.

Mike... easy on the carrots...

Nice trips

A valid point

what did vince mean by this?
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1583224198038.webm

might wanna lay off the jack there old man

BASED

>fancy german cars

based retard boomer

LOL

Yes.

this is way too much effort.
applaud anons, applaud.

I want Paige to make me her foot slave

the ice cream on the ground is a callback to the gnome on the ground at the beginning, both symbolize that something

for me, it's barefoot methwhore #1: Amber

Attached: amber_greet.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

I'm blown away

where did the asian one go? Did they forget to add her in the scene?

nacho sent her somewhere with some busy work so his dad wouldnt see that he has 2 whores instead of 1

someone explain this bitch to me?

Attached: autism.jpg (1366x768, 136K)

Average 6 year old chinese girl.

fuck that's an ugly gook

Gustavo Frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrringe

do you think they do threesomes?

i guess u never tried meth, but it makes some people want to do busywork like this

Either methed up or literal autism. I couldn't really tell.

Fringe, almost German in name. Lord knows those Nazis fled.

Is Gus a Nazi baby?

Why did they get Kim in exactly? The guy has no legal standing and they've cleared all the other properties, he's holding up construction so why wouldn't they have called the sheriffs to vacate him?

very lynchian episode from the ants scene to the tension in the scene where you think kims gonna get shot by sneed

Avoid bad press maybe

>the tension in the scene where you think kims gonna get shot by sneed
man I thought that would be it for her
guess she'll die later

Bad press from what? From him not complying with a contract he agreed to? An extremely retarded one at that, who agrees to a 100 year lease that allows the owner to sell the property and only compensates you $5000? Why wouldn't you take inflation into account of a contract that was set to last 100 years

I see a dunce hat. Shows that jimmy is a fool. A fool who's used by the cartel and isn't aware what he's getting into.

5000 over market price.

Shitty news and current affairs shows that run stories like "Big bank tries to run poor old man out of home"

As I said it should've taken inflation into account or been a percentage

They wanted to try diplomacy before force. Narratively it's showing that Kim might have to take different measures to get what she wants as shown by her throwing bottles off her balcony. The entire episode for Kim was trying to do good but failing due to lack of cooperation with others. She got that call in the car of one of her pro bonos not showing up to the court hearing or something. Her assistant constantly failing to get things done.

*drives around track for 10 minutes as you are forced to watch*

Attached: lalo3.jpg (432x540, 36K)

basado

Lalo is hands down best character currently. Mike's acting like a bitch (breaking nig arm was ok) Saul's still just sprouting. But this boi is killing it. Based Mexibro.

>Mike dismantles a vehicle down to it's frame
>Estimate: 10:23 mins
>Mike watches Gus or Don Eladio from his car
>Estimate: 14:54 mins
>Mike waits for a battery to die then sits by a window eating peanuts
>Estimate: 15:01 mins
>Mike waits for a car with a broken muffler to pass by
>Estimate: 4:45 mins
>Mike sits in a parking booth waiting for someone to show up
>Estimate: 7:19 mins

Total elapsed time: 51 mins 42 seconds
Typical total episode length: 50 minutes (Source: breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Season_2_(Better_Call_Saul)

fact - more happens in the episode The Fly than in entire series of BCS
fact - by the time bcs finishes, it will have more seasons, more episodes, and it will ran longer than breaking bad.

the following argument
>You don't like it because it doesn't have explosions
is invalid, because the last season had huge explosions during the twins shootout with the gang. and still, nothing happened

Attached: 1535432043456.webm (1920x1080, 849K)

It's corny and predictable.

Attached: iTAmc.gif (446x360, 3.92M)

>Mike: I WILL keep telling the dangers of niggers to Kaylee
>Stacey: Mike she's just a k-
>Mike: ABOUT TIME SHE LEARNS ABOUT THEM, END OF DISCUSSION
Jeeeesus Mike, really?

Attached: 1565688079116.jpg (935x658, 168K)

Holy shit. lmao

Bros did Jimmy fuck himself by asking 8k or is that an extremely high fee?

why this bitch's eyes so far apart?

its pretty low fee. jimmmy probably pays kim more to step on his balls

Attached: kim_feet_002.webm (1280x720, 1.84M)

It's really low. His first deal with Walt in BB has him asking for 50k for basically the same thing.

literally a reference to foot CBT by Kim and then another extended scene where Kim talks about her bare feet

is Gould /ourguy/?

schooled by gould

Attached: gould_02.jpg (364x386, 54K)

This. I've never even seen "Better Caul Saul" and I could tell that, you fucking mong.

I am in awe of Vince rn

If you think that not every shot deserves to be symbolic of an element, theme, message, or transition in a movie, then you're a fucking idiot and deserve to get raped and killed. You probably wouldn't even register your own suffering, you fucking turd-munching goon.

Attached: 1522756908889.png (539x478, 57K)

its not vince . he hasnt really been involved since season 2

Attached: bravcovince2 - Copy.jpg (976x732, 186K)

I mean why else would you have two of them?

Is Gene going to be okay

No.

military
treadmills

If being on the run for life is "okay" then yes.

If you like this show you're a little fruity.

If you don't like this show, you definitely have a single digit IQ.

The Fly is one of the best episodes of BB, sorry about your low IQ. Shows are more than their boiled down Wikipedia plot summary

>*crack*
>Ain't nothing like a cheese sandwich while listening to a baseball game on the radio
>*sip*
>Yep
>*belch*

Attached: mike_sipping.jpg (757x574, 59K)

you'll make time