Best gotham

>best gotham
>best catwoman
>second best penguin
>best score
Why isn't Batman Returns more beloved?

Attached: batman-o-retorno-3.jpg (837x1240, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZGNtGke9c8Y
nytimes.com/1992/07/20/opinion/l-anti-semitism-in-batman-returns-be-serious-gratuitous-bigotry-120792.html
youtube.com/watch?v=DNAlUUcNsY8
youtu.be/BNTlBu9uX3g
youtube.com/watch?v=eeEz9oE17ac
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it is you faggot zoomer

Batman and Batman Returns are widely understood to be the best depiction of the Batman characters.

The script is asscrap.

It's part of the holy trinity of superhero movies along with Superman '78 and The Phantom

Attached: phantom1sh.jpg (500x723, 61K)

Compared to The Last Jedi, it's a fucking work of art.

Yeah well it came out 20 years before TLJ set the bar, so it is what it is user.

Maybe it would've been if Sean Young played Catwoman instead of Michelle Pfeiffer
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGNtGke9c8Y

Attached: sean-young-catwoman.png (458x679, 472K)

Best Penguin being Burgess Meredith right?

It's based. Fave Xmas movie.

Attached: 1518385617210.jpg (616x478, 55K)

>Keaton Batman murders everyone
>best depiction of the Batman characters

Attached: 1441022744913.gif (600x322, 3.51M)

terrible. pfeiffer is the most perfect catwoman there's ever been. not only that, she's the most perfect selina kyle there's ever been

Imagine hating the Batman movie explicitly woke on the JQ

Attached: 20180819_101651_1534691824737.jpg (1080x1405, 601K)

nytimes.com/1992/07/20/opinion/l-anti-semitism-in-batman-returns-be-serious-gratuitous-bigotry-120792.html

I was 2 when it came out and I've watched it multiple times as a kid. I always loved Catwoman in this and played pretend that I was "Catman" and I would be her date. It's weird that I didn't pick up on the sexual innuendo properly, I was too young, I thought she was just "animalistic", but at the same time I was unconsciously knowing how hot she was. As a young kid I unironically thought that if an animal licked you just after you died you could gain its powers. I spent two days saying to my parents I would only drink milk because I wanted to become a cat, refusing water and juice. At least that was a phase and I didn't become a furry.

>pic related.

Attached: 29e29b6826198c3a037dc15ff92d4ae0-1.gif (363x214, 732K)

No

Attached: Oswald_Cobblepot_%28Gotham%29.jpg (360x450, 15K)

Not enough Batman. It was also too weird and sexual for kids at the time.
However it's a fully realized version of Burton's Gotham. The suit also looks amazing.
Fuck off phone faggot.

No. I love the Burton movies, but this is what everyone always goes back to, normies and otherwise.

Attached: file.png (1200x675, 671K)

>They hated him because he told the truth.
youtube.com/watch?v=DNAlUUcNsY8

Attached: 876281734612321.png (500x437, 77K)

Digits don't lie

Batman was irrelevant and the uninteresting baddies posed no real plot conflict for batman to foil making the movie a bore to actually watch. Batman forever is much better.

This guy gets it.

Checked

>dad go, save yourself!

Attached: 142614634.png (2560x1440, 2.08M)

Better Christmas movie than Die Hard.

This right here. And I love Die Hard don't get me wrong, but as a Christmas movie there's no comparison.

Attached: bgz3mo.jpg (1200x797, 269K)

Based
You do know that Batman TAS was heavily inspired by the Burton movies, right?

Attached: 193001D3-F87F-44DA-B7F5-C1B5FB5353CA.jpg (3464x3464, 1.46M)

I can't stand Burton but this is still a damn fine movie. There's some genuinely enjoyable comedy and creativity and the cast is fantastic

I do know that, but even so the show is its own thing, and it's what normies think of first.

Cause literally everything else fucking sucks. Also, she was a terrible Catwoman, take off your coomglasses

>The suit also looks amazing.
No. It looks cheap as fuck and he can't move in it

>Batman forever is much better.
It's so underrated

Kino.

Fuck, she was perfect.

based Bryniarski mustering the effort to imitate his screen dad. He's Zangief guys

What the fuck was up with all the Art Deco and statues everywhere?

Kino

Attached: giphy (7).gif (500x235, 671K)

Based

What an incredibly trash opinion.

Attached: b9f3ff6c5dd3d1bc82856ccd64f8b6c5.jpg (300x300, 19K)

Because it's awesome

Attached: ea8b4918294607.562c7194d7feb.jpg (432x866, 73K)

How the fuck did he get in and out of this thing. Did he have to rip it every time? Also, how did he remove his eye makeup so fast?

Attached: 1577612775434.gif (400x225, 1.66M)

>does this mean we have to start fighting?

Attached: 14271426467.png (2560x1440, 1.58M)

My favorite moment in the movie.

youtu.be/BNTlBu9uX3g

Fuck off boomer, Hathaway was hotter and her backstory was nowhere near as retarded

There are only three good batman movies
>Batman
>Batman Returns
>Batman Forever

Michael was such a good catwoman. Remember having a crush on her as a kid

Believe it or not, the original Batman did kill people.

>Batman
>Batman Returns
Wrong

>Batman Forever
Shlock kino of the highest order

Attached: 70901.jpg (660x371, 22K)

Yeah for like 2 issues. That's such a retarded argument, for 99% of Batman's 80 year history he's been known as a hardcore no-kill superhero who never makes an exception. Same as Spider-Man, these two should NEVER under any circumstance kill another human being, an possibly even aliens since aliens may have families too. It's just shitty writing, completely out of character

Agreed, Batman not killing people is bad writing.

Zack Snyder go to bed, you stupid edgelord hack

I thought they did a good job of making the Penguin interesting, opening immediately with the backstory, and then building intrigue by showing him in brief silhouette shots before the big reveal. Walken was great as Shreck too.

Penguin dragged the movie down, his entire storyline needed a rewrite

Also the movie was borderline monochrome with the snow theme, that's why Batman Forever was full of faggy colors in response

Every live action movie Batman so far is a killer, except

Attached: 600600190514063109600051419607408286.jpg (600x467, 26K)

Okay but the Golum street gang was based as fuck

Attached: u90j17or7mz11.jpg (584x314, 29K)

Unironically the best Batman

Batman Returns is the best Batman film by far. Followed by Batman ‘89 and Forever.

im actually surprised it isnt hated by fans.
they change so much from the source
penguin is a rich club owner mobster...
lets change him into a literal freakish penguin monster human that is homeless and lives in the sewer...
not only he has no money or mob connections, but his only plan is to kill all the kids in gotham?

even as i write this, it sounds retarded. i know the movie is beautiful. i know the actors are wonderful... i know Burtons aesthetic is gothic and dark

but seeing how much penguin changes.... holy shit
then you take Catwoman, a regular jewel thief.
and change her into a paranormal zombie woman that eats birds and licks her head?
is Burton retarded?
why did she hate Batman? he literally did nothing to her.
theres no motive for her first attack on him
she blows up the store and.... fights him?

because it's fucking stupid and nothing happens.

the whole scene was such a kino

youtube.com/watch?v=eeEz9oE17ac

It absolutley is not. It's a cartoon. To 'normies' Batman is a movie character.

i dont care who insults me about this.
but batman forever is More enjoyable and flows better than batman returns.
forever has a more entertaining flow. characters are more entertaining

NECC

Attached: source (5).gif (540x304, 1.93M)

there is no best penguin. he fucking sucks.

>muh comics
Burton made those characters far better than the source material. We saw jewel thief Catwoman in Nolan's film and she sucked. Penguin being a tragic character you feel for in spite of being an awful person instead of some generic mobster is also an upgrade.

>why did she hate Batman? he literally did nothing to her.
It wasn't him, she resented herself for how weak she was before in having to be saved by him. Hence her scolding the chick she rescued. She wanted to prove herself. Of course then he fucked her up and apparently took one of her lives.

Batman Forever is great, I wish it were longer

>batman forever
Is this the new contrarian meme opinion to have? Batman Forever is a children's movie.

They cut out the entire Red Book subplot which makes the film go from pretty good to great. There’s fan edits that reinsert the footage but hopefully WB gives us a directors cut one day.

>Red Book subplot
What's this?

I've seen of the RedBook fanedit (I think it's called), and it's pretty good. The theater cut could have done a lot more with Bruce's psyche and the whole psychological angle

Because Jokerfags can't accept Returns is superior and industryfags got sand in their vagina it didn't out gross the original

It was a diary that his parents kept and you found out that Bruce was nagging his parents to go out the night they got shot. It was a repressed memory he spends the whole film uncovering. There’s more to it and it goes into his psyche a lot more.

Wish burton would have made a third

i already acknowledged how beautiful the sets and costumes are. i know the actors are great.
but as a script, it ispretty crap

i can accept penguin being a freak ghoul bird man.
but why not give him a better plot that killing children
if Max didnt try the mayor stuff, penguin has no story. his only goal is to kill someone kids
why? and how?
he is leader of a fucking gang, but theres no good story. why does the gang follow him
what do they want? the clown gang are two dimentional goons.

catwoman teeming up with penguin to kill batman makes NO SENSE
she wants to kill max,why not kill him instead of teaming up with penguin
her only motive is revenge? why not take it

burton wrote an incoherent retarded story

cope

They're all children's movies - it's a comicbook superhero

Nobody cares about burton batman the same way nobody cares about the original comic iteration.

BTAS and TDK are more popular.

Me too.

Attached: 1535864767404.webm (640x360, 2.76M)

>We saw jewel thief Catwoman in Nolan's film and she sucked
Nah, she just wasn't better fap material for you. She has much better characterization despite having much more limited role.

>He's Zangief guys
Damn I never noticed that. Fuck!

Attached: 1582229250481.jpg (2000x1083, 165K)

>Nah, she just wasn't better fap material for you.
Stop arguing with boomers, Anne is ten times hotter and her costume looks less retarded but boomers really like shiny latex for some reason

I think this webm encapsulates why burton films are so frustrating to watch. Amazing sets followed by mega cringe scenes like that.

Ok tell me, what's the motive or plot of Catwoman, tell me. What's her arc

production design in that movie was garbage, you cant see shit and its all small stages

Catwoman liking her hand to clean her head is much more cringe than anything In batman & Robin

Blind faggot

Why would a Jewish movie be anti-Jew?

Yes of course

>Michelle Pfeiffer? Ha! The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriweather, or Eartha Kitt. And I didn't need molded plastic to improve my physique. Pure. West. And how come Batman doesn't dance anymore? Remember the Batusi?

Attached: Meet Adam West.jpg (506x381, 183K)

going to make me cry

more action
more Batman
Batman has more dialogue
better scenes with Alfred
villains actually work together with a plan
10/10 Nicole Kidman
sexiest look for drew
better ending

Returns is far from a children's movie. Parents gave McDonalds so much shit for making Happy Meals for such an un-child friendly movie that they stopped doing Happy Meals for PG-13 films all together.

>better ending
This is possibly the most pleb thing I've ever read here.

This drawing is what catwoman was going to look like when the first actress Annette Bening was cast
(she left the project due to pregnancy

Attached: mm.png (579x474, 332K)

>showing Arkham asylum being bad
ok boomer
ok boomer indeed

Attached: 1511038125507.png (818x768, 726K)

Attached: 1509586246848.png (484x345, 337K)

>What's her arc
She's a pathetic doormat who becomes empowered, literally, after her boss tries to murder her. Yet in spite of this she continues getting fucked up by the men of the movie, until the end when she finally has her woman power moment and gets revenge on the asshole who started it all.

Now tell me what Hathaway's arc was?

>they brought him in just for him to be curmudgeonly old fuck for Batwahmen to kill in one scene

She was a jewel thief who hated rich people until Bruce Wayne got her hot and bothered

Bravo Nolan, some deep shit there.

>returns ends on a depressing note with a hint of optimism
>forever ends like it's setting up a saturday morning cartoon
Zoomers gonna zoom.

Scenes like this is why Returns was and still is my favorite.

Absolutely based. One of the best moments to this day in comic book films. Before capeshit became soulless, even pretentious. Burton was making actual art. Everything works about this scene. And the song is kino.

>Fucking bug-eyed mouthbreathing slut with head the size of the watermelon
>better than sex-incarnate Pfeiffer Catwoman
Fucking zoomers with their ugly acceptance.

>I HATE ALL MEN.
>MEN ARE EVIL SCUM

ha. who knew catwoman was a tumblr freak
burton was ahead of his time

I watched Stardust and Antman 2 just for her.
Would

Batman Returns is a gothic fantasy masterpiece. I swear if it weren't for the capeshit source material that people attach themselves to, this film would be hailed as a masterpiece like Brazil or something.

>Gorgeous visuals, best of any capeflick
>Devito's Penguin is legitimately horrifying and revolting, but also somehow pitiful and sad.
>Batman/Catwoman story is legitimately adult and moving.
>That fucking kino masquerade scene
>Leather fetish activated
This film has so much fantastic style, much more than even '89, but it's also a great look at Burton as an artist.
Is it exactly Batman from the comics? No. But it's not so unrecognizable to the point of totally betraying it either.
And we get kino visuals like pic related.

Attached: Returnscave.jpg (1920x1080, 772K)

>returns ends with the studio spending half a million dollars on a retarded cliffhanger that was never used.

>forever ends with bruce wayne reconciling that he is both batman and bruce and they can coexist.

go to bed grandpa

Go to bed grandpa, Anne is objectively prettier and has an objectively better body. You just have shit taste, like all boomers

>DUDE THE MOVIE IS GOOD BECAUSE THE WHOLE THING IS LIKE A PAINTING
>DUDE YOU DONT NEED A COHERENT SCRIPT. THE MOVIE IS A MOVING PAINTING

Women have been like this long before tumblr. Bruce shows her compassion though and breaks through it a bit, and in a modern capeshit the power of love would have overcome all of her issues and they would have brought Walken to the cops and lived happily ever after. But based Burton give us the true shit in showing how vindictive a woman can be, even going as far as to potentially kill herself to get even.

her sacrifice at the end is cut short and robbed by the shitty cliffhanger

Well not read, zoomer.

Attached: 1581394726774.png (638x359, 247K)

That's because the only good thing about it was the cast. Everything else in the movie is complete garbage. Batman 1989 and TDK are better.

kino

Attached: batman2batmobile6.938.jpg (718x402, 48K)

based

>comic book movies aren't for children because I said so
cope harder

To be fair that ending was shot well after the fact because test audiences didn't like how depressing the end was. It wasn't even Michelle, it was just some random stand in.

Noooo hes heckin killing them!!! noooooo the wholesome moral coderino!

Attached: Returns-Demo-1.jpg (800x450, 49K)

val kilmer is more charismatic than keaton

>Gay penguin
No

For me, it's the dark knight rises.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

The ending is fine. For her to have a fresh new suit right after the events of the climax it kind of has to be a copycat Catwoman. She clearly only had one costume throughout the film seeing as it gets progressively more fucked up. But the notion that maybe she somehow survived lets the film end on a more optimistic note, as a Christmas movie should.

The Dark Knight > Batman Returns > Batman Begins > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises > Batman Forever > Batman & Robin

>Not counting DC universe and animated movies.

>True. I was their number one son, and they treated me like number two. But it's human nature, to fear the unusual. Perhaps when I held my Tiffany baby rattle with a shiny flipper, instead of five chubby digits, they freaked.

Attached: the-penguin-danny-devito.jpg (1024x576, 167K)

Keaton is good, just not as Bruce Wayne/Batman

The Dark Knight is overrated as fuck. The only good thing about it is Heath's Joker. Bale is a terrible Batman and Nolan is a pretentious hack. Begins is an all around better film because I guess Nolan wasn't too far up his own ass at that point, but it still pales to either Burton film.

>The Dark Knight is overrated as fuck.
crin-
>Begins is an all around better film
nevermind based and redpilled

poetic, heartfelt, sincere

Indeed for you

Who was comparing it to TLJ?

>optimistic christmas movie ending
>have penguin vomit black liquid as he dies
>show the burnt corpse of max shreck

lol ok

How can Nolan fags even compete?

>The Dark Knight is overrated as fuck. The only good thing about it is Heath's Joker.
Anyone who claims the only thing TDK has going for it is the Joker should never praise any superhero film including burtons. From the direction to sound design it makes every other capeshit look mediocre.

Nolan fucking blows

It IS mediocre, Nolan can't edit for shit and TDK feels like it was made by an attention deficit addled child. And I disagree with that poster, Heath Ledger Joker sucks, edgelord who cuts himself, how interesting pffft