Is it just me or is the ending super rushed?

Is it just me or is the ending super rushed?
They give the god its head back and it dies, then suddenly everything grows over with lush greenery, the war is over, everyone lives happily ever after and Eboshi suddenly has a change of heart and acknowledges that her Iron Town wasn't very environment friendly and vows to start over building a good town.

All this in approximately 7 minutes.

Attached: 220px-Princess_Mononoke_Japanese_poster.png (220x311, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/culture/story/20160819-the-21st-centurys-100-greatest-films
nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/09/movies/the-25-best-films-of-the-21st-century.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Its a fairy tale. What did you expect?

That’s kind of what the denouement is for.

8 minutes max

pleb the post

live action version when?

Attached: bukkitbrown.jpg (2440x3240, 1.36M)

Idk it's not like Eboshi was ever even slightly swayed in her determination to do what she wants to do even if it destroys nature so this complete turnaround comes out of nowhere. If she had started questioning her actions before then it would've been more believable.

>attacks village unprovoked
>had to be put down
>"O Great God please don't be mad. We'll perform rites where you fell until the end of time."
>"FUUUUUCKKKK YOOUUUUUU"

Were boars the niggers of the gods?

Attached: 1582724116855.jpg (1920x1040, 328K)

Netflix should make an American adaptation featuring Monoke as a Native American and Lady Eboshi as a Harriet Tubman character.

Why is the english dub of this movie so awful?
They even turned the wolf mother's voice into some woman with the ugliest sounding effect i've ever heard on her audio tracks. What the fuck?
I mean i know that the japanese dub is obviously going to be the best but i think that the german dub for example is actually quite good.

>everyone lives happily ever after
Except that's not how it ended at all.

Everything is literally fucked and wiped out. Her fort is no more. She thought she can fight nature so she tried and lost so she just learn to take the L.

Why is she annoying?
>I HATE HUMANS
>HUMANS BAD!
>NATURE GOOD!
>ANIMALS GOOD!

She need a good human dicking

Miyazaki literally makes his movies as he goes along, at least he said he never knows the ending at the start of the project

I mean she kind of did end up killing the entire tribe of Boars and the Apes probably got sludged too and the Forest God is dead too which means there's literally no resistance anymore except for 2 wolves and San.

>attacks village unprovoked
The humans were literally destroying his home.

>If we start fighting now the Forest God won't show itself
So why didn't he/they just engage in a fight then and there? Would've made it impossible for Eboshi to kill it.
Also they kind of did end up fighting and the forest god still showed up so idk what that was for.

This was my least favorite Ghibli movie cause my boy never smashes the wolfpussy and never goes back home to his village full of cute barefoot girls and the funy goat frend is fucking DEAD.

Still doesn't fuck me up as much as the cat in Kiki's delivery service never talking again.

>lush greenery
It's just grass. The forest is still dead and gone and with it all the wildlife that depended on it. The ironworks is fucked because there's nothing to burn, they can't get the furnace running. Most of the ironworks' workforce is dead. The gods are dead, so nothing protects the nature from humans. San and Ashitaka will never be together, and Eboshi's a cripple.

She's innately hypocritical, but she's still completely 100% correct. A disease does not like its cure.

How often do you think she took the knot?

Reminder that the emperor will just fuck them all up anyways later down the line.

>Still doesn't fuck me up as much as the cat in Kiki's delivery service never talking again.
This is never confirmed.

Its funny in the 17th century my country started building ships to explore/pillage the world. Even by then all our forests were already long gone.
They had to literally go to the Baltic coast to chop down trees and haul them back to build the fleets.

Basically all the trees you find now in our "forests" were replanted about a hundred years back. Fuck nature indeed.

Attached: serveimage(337).jpg (500x341, 71K)

She was hoping that by killing the deer god, she can bend the forest to her will. Deer god just burn and rot every thing when it “dies” which force them to revive it. She didn’t want to destroy the forest.

Pretty sure she wanted to kill the God because the emperor was on her ass about it. Also, i know that it wasn't her objective to destroy the forest, but she also said that she'll do anything it takes to make the Iron Town thrive/protect it including killing shit in the forest or the forest itself. It may not have been her desire, but she just fucks up everything in her way whether it's Samurai or nature.

and that's a good thing!

I love this movie, but it makes me mad neither of the villains get what's coming to them. Eboshi loses her arm and the monk (jigo I think?) Gets away Scot free. Like neither of them could have died?

All the cool forest gods are dead but the stupid humans get to live totally fine. Maybe I'm just biased cause I always kinda wanted to be San and I love animals.

i mean, it certainly didn't stop spirited away from getting voted into the top 5 of several big top movies of the century (so far) lists involving hundreds of critics votes

That's called a grown up ending. Not everything turns out happy for the good guys, life isn't always fair.

>most people have bad taste
shocker

Isao Takahata shits all over Miyazaki, what else is new?

I know, I mean the forest and the "old world" dying kinda makes sense, because that's kind of a big theme in a lot of fantasy, like the death and decay of magic and nature, lotr has that going on too.

But at least give me the satisfaction of watching one of the bad guys get melted by the forest spirit goop.

Just like Endgame and Interstellar, so what?

those were good movies though

not sure why you're lying, incel
the list is full of kino like Yi Yi at #6 and In The Mood For Love at #2

>But at least give me the satisfaction of watching one of the bad guys get melted by the forest spirit goop.
Stop being so american.

Spirited Away isn't even in the Top 5 of Miyazaki movies, Takahata is better than Miyazaki and there's plenty of other, better anime movies out there.

>yiyi at 6
fuck off, gimme the list

For someone who is so overly concerned with maturity and story structure it's kind of funny to see how Miyazakis film are full of simplistic morality and complete non-endings. Mononoke unironically has the best ending out of all of his movies which is quite telling.

Because disney bought the distribution rights for ghibli films in the states and really wanted it as some sort of "Disney Of The East" kind of thing and paid hollywood actors to voice act in them. Most of them arent even experienced voice actors.

sorry sweetie, try again

Attached: Screenshot_2020-03-03 All Hayao Miyazaki Movies Ranked By Tomatometer.png (943x397, 148K)

bbc.com/culture/story/20160819-the-21st-centurys-100-greatest-films
oops. Yi Yi is at #8 but still.

It's san and moro in the English dub that kills it for me, they both just sound terrible, even with Keith David voicing lord okkoto it's not enough for me to watch the English one

fuck the bbc

i thought disney didn't get involved with ghibli until spirited away.
either way, usually disney used to do a good job of dubbing so idk why they did such a horrendous job here.

haven't heard the spirited away localization but i've heard it's good cause the producer and director put their heart into it.

Maybe the giant fucking forest god that destroyed everything in sight of her city had something to do with it?

nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/09/movies/the-25-best-films-of-the-21st-century.html
oh yea it was the new york times that put Yi Yi at #6
Spirited Away #2

>children of men at 13
ahahahahahhahahahahhahahah

No, they shouldn't!! Better stop stealing other cultures' art and films or if they do, be respectful and actually hire asian actors not like the witcher where the whole cast is anglos and not a single slav can be seen among them -.-

This.

>pixar shit at #7
Very nice, NYT

>This was my least favorite Ghibli movie cause my boy never smashes the wolfpussy and never goes back home to his village full of cute barefoot girls and the funy goat frend is fucking DEAD.
literally this, if even just one of these had happened or his reindeerhorse was okay I would have liked the ending. Fucking gay incel nip.

Guess while it's a fairytale, it still is much more realistic. Unlike European fairytales where good always wins (that is until you read the original stories which are nothing like what Disney shows). Althought even in this film at the end it seems good managed to prevail in one way or another

This

Perhaps you were expecting to watch a different type of film genre user. Guess you watched the wrong movie.

>the funy goat frend is fucking DEAD.
wtf Yakul died?
when? where?
i never noticed

are you guys retarded?
he's literally there when ashitaka says see you later to san and even says that he's gonna come visit her with yakul.

most from this set

He should have died

Then everyone is left to figure it out for themselves

moar*
t. shameful phoneposter

that’s what makes it feel like a real adventure

right...

This list is retarded.
This one is even worse.
Both lists are full of dogshit with actual good movies sprinkled throughout. All this says is that there weren't enough great movies this century to complete a top 100 list.