Recommend me some films which require a high degree of intelligence to understand

Recommend me some films which require a high degree of intelligence to understand.

Attached: 1583272198312.png (390x345, 153K)

Richard and Mortimer

one hit is critical, this is stated

that leave us with one hit left that we don't know whether or not is going be critical

it states its a 50 percent crit chance.. so... the probability of the last one being a crit is... *GASP* 50 percent!

20%

The amazing world of gumball

50% still, right?

Attached: Grunch.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

Mr. Robot aka Mr. Kino

Attached: kinorobot.png (1678x944, 931K)

It depends on how the knowledge of the crit was acquired.

Prometheus
The Phantom Menace

But the first one already crit so you multiply 1/2 by 1/2 which is 1/4 or 25% crit chance for the second hit.

Angela Anaconda

theoretically you have a 100% chance of critting once if you hit twice so it makes sense to cut that in half for critting twice

1/3

Possible outcomes:
C = crit, N = normal
CC NN CN NC
Remove NN since atleast one is a crit

Non-brainlet here.
1/3

nevermind this guy probably has it

Who cares. If one hit isn't critical we know the second one is and the assumption is that the objective is to defeat the opponent. You can argue about math but who cares.

One roll doesn't influence the probability of the other.

Let C denote a Crit and N denote a Normal attack. When there are two hits there are four possible scenarios which I'll label 1-4:

1. CC
2. CN
3. NC
4. NN

Because crit is 50% chance, each of the above have equal probability.

It's stated that 'at least one of the hits is a crit'. Note it doesn't tell you exactly how many crits took place or whether the crit was first or second. Taking into account all of the above this eliminates (4) leaving us with scenarios 1-3.

As I said, all are equally likely. Therefore the probability of both hits being crits is 1/3.

It's funny because independence isn't actually stated. You would need to specify a joint probability mass function.

The probability is 0%. The game is programmed with pseudorandom numbers, the crit already happened in the first hit so it won't happen again.

does consistently practicing the Mensa tests increase someone’s IQ?

You idiots missed the trick.

1/2 hits was critical, so in order for there to be a 50% crit chance the second hit is guaranteed not to crit.

Here’s a harder one.

Say that my friend has 2 children and I don’t know anything else about them. He tells me one is a boy born during summer. What is the probability that the other child is also a boy? Assuming 50/50 chance of having a boy/girl and 1/4 chance a kid is born during summer

How many critters am I hitting and why only a 50% chance? I'm actually pretty good with a sandal

Statement is contradictory. You can't assume a 50% chance, because 'at least one is crit' rules out the chance of zero crits.

1/2

Look up bayes theorem.

The answer is: fuck the jews and the niggers.

Wrong. The answer is not 1/2 or 1/3

A program that gives a good approximation of true randomness will have 0 crits 1/4 times and 2 crits 1/4 times.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that mean there's a 25% chance both will be crits and 25% none will be crits?

Explain your reasoning or fuck off

Actual mathematician here. No I’m not gonna help.

50% because the info. about the boy you know about makes fuck-all difference.

No you fucking retard, the only possible outcomes are
1. CC
2. CN
3. NC
because that's what the question states. It's 50%

That would be the case if they hadn’t told you that at least one is a crit. That removes the no crit scenario.

Looking at your own post it’s pretty easy to see it’s 1/3.

You’re wrong and you could try simulating it if you don’t believe it

read your own post nigga god damn

this assumes CN and NC are different outcomes, which is WRONG

If we know for sure one hit is critical, we can ignore completely and pretend we are only attempting one critical hit. This has two scenarios:

1. N
2. C

1/2 is 50%, you’re welcome retards

Don't think it applies.

>there are only three possible outcomes
>in only one of these both are crits
>so it's 50%
you absolutely sure about that one, user?

The probability of having a boy born during summer is higher if you have two boys. Thus it’s higher than 1/3 (which is the answer to the OP)

>assuming a 50% crit chance, what is the chance that a hit is a crit?

50%.

Attached: wojakretard.png (645x729, 97K)

>this assumes CN and NC are different outcomes, which is WRONG
prove it, mathematically

If those are the only possible outcomes then the odds of a hit being critical are NOT 50%.

33.33% recurring

They are different outcomes because they are different hits, stupid

What is 2 + 1

What is 1 + 2

Are they the same answer? They are the same outcome.

You can't simulate 'at least one is crit'.

So you are actually dumb

you’re assuming the order of the hits is relevant, when it’s not.

There are only 3 scenarios:

1. Two crit
2. One hit and one noncrit (the order in which they occur doesn’t matter)
3. Two noncrit

We know scenario 3 is out, so only 1 or 2 is possible. 50/50.

Of course you can. You could even do it with coin flips if you want, don’t even need to know programming