Movies for non-plebs

The Master

Notice how much kino is made starting these people. PTA, Hofmeister, Chad Phoenix, Amy Adams.
Also fat Matt Damon is in it

Attached: wrharPY0a6Y1iRoJtcgYtyX42bp.jpg (1400x2100, 289K)

The first 20 minutes or so are interesting but once he gets on the boat it's a fucking snoozefest.

Whats the deeper meaning behind this film.
Theres something more to it I just don't know what.
I know about the scientology

This movie would probably not have been good at all if it weren’t for Joaquin’s and Phillip’s performances.

A board full of plebs

One of the few movies I would consider pretentious trash. Hoffman and Phoenix are great in this, but the rest of the movie is boring and pointless.

Who controls who? Think about it man. The “master”??

The real master was the friends we made along the way

We will never get to tussle in the yard with Philip Seymour Hoffman dude...

The Master thinks he controls the subject, unbeknownst to him, the very act of controlling the subject controls the Master. The connecting link controls both, each playing their part in the act of control. Controller and the controlled. Like in BDSM, the dom is not really dominating, it's the shared play that dominates the whole situation. Like two children who enact a play and play by the rules, the game itself sets the boundaries, effectively being the controlling aspect of the whole. Only by breaking free of the shared enactment, can one control, there is no control in a shared game. That's what the film is about.

Attached: -_.jpg (1920x1040, 168K)

Is it not that he was able to Live without a master which the master said was hard to do?

Bullshit

The Master is one of those movies that gained popularity after Joker was anounced, so casuals found out about it and never saw it they just mention to sound interesting, although it is a pleb filter

If you really want to dive into cinema you should check out foreign films, Ozu is one of my favorite directors and Late Spring is beautiful

Attached: 220px-Late_Spring_Japanese_Poster.jpg (220x309, 27K)

this

filtered

Not as good no, but I believe it would've held up with decent actors. PTA is a sublime director and an excellent screenwriter after all.

>pta trash
>non-pleb
PTA is the dictionary definition of entry level cinema. He not only steals from better directors, but he does it without any irony like Tarantino.

I am personally fine with it though. Because through PTA, all these freshmen college students will discover Robert Altman, who was the real deal. They will discover Scorsese, the most important American film director of our time, they will discover Kubrick, and the Coen Bros.
Through Altman, they will discover Renoir, through Kubrick, they will discover Ophuls, Scorsese to Fellini. Suddenly they realize PTA was just a child with no original thoughts in his head, that his films just revolve around quoting better directors while adding epic catch phrases like "I drink your milkshake!" and "Pig fuck!" Really there is no bigger clue in to how meaningless his cinema is when the only thing people discuss when mentioning his movies are 'le epic catch phrases, dude!'

You might say great artist steal, but what Picasso meant by this is that great artists are able to understand what works and manipulate it. PTA merely 'mimics'. This is why it is completely obvious who he is mimicking from film to film.

Attached: a-quiet-passion.jpg (857x421, 112K)

Stop reading this nonsense very early on in the first sentence

He is mostly right, but I think there is something else to PTA other than le epic catch phrases

The Master is quite possibly the flag ship of pseudo intellectuals. Phoenix gives an impressive performance but that is the single thing of value in the entire film. Fans of this movie are the type that are desperate to be seen as erudite by others.
This movie is poorly done. Maddeningly so. PTA is overrated but at least some of his films have a degree of merit. Not this one.

Am I banned

congratulations

Attached: 1562050235475.gif (524x374, 187K)

This kind of "explanation" can be attached to any of a number of films that are as shitty as The Master. You should write some high minded treatise on The Room.
The Master is an empty garbage pale that you characterize as "alloy forged shell that defines a negative void within."

>The Master is one of those movies that gained popularity after Joker was anounced
Cool story. Do you have a single fact or evidence to back it up or are you just up in yo fee fees?

>Scorcese is the dictionary definition of entry level cinema. He not only steals from better directors, but he does it without any irony like Tarantino. He is a hack. MUH ROLLING STONES MUH PALLIES MUH GANGSTAS MUH ITALIANS MADONE

>Cool story. Do you have a single fact or evidence to back it up or are you just up in yo fee fees?

Attached: 73059278_2987020681313546_8140298262532849664_n.jpg (785x757, 333K)

still upset that philipseymour hofman is dead

he injected one marihuanas too many

seethe more

It appears you are projecting. I am merely stating the obvious: Scorcese is a hack. He is to film what Stephen King is to literature.

Going from There Will Be Blood to this. What happened?

those are all shit actors but of course a pseud like you would think they're 'epic'.

5 years

Who was in the wrong here?

Attached: Joker Interrogation.jpg (480x360, 15K)

>He is a hack. MUH ROLLING STONES MUH PALLIES MUH GANGSTAS MUH ITALIANS MADONE
Is that supposed to be your argument? You are just proving how much of a fucking casual you are, his less popular films are where he really shines

>Silence
>Temptation of Christ
>After Hours
>The Color of Money
>Mean Streets
>King of Comedy

Even if for some reason you don't like good mafia movies, he takes on a wide variety of genres, he is entry level, that doesn't mean he is overrated.

Similar to Michael Bay. Baysed