289 days till Dune

289 days till Dune

Attached: dunepilota.png (600x450, 488K)

It's like star wars right?

dishonest countdown

Yeah, the books are mainly based off Star Wars, very little originally to be honest

for adults, yes

the books were written before star wars fucking idiot

>It is by will alone I shit my posts in motion. It is by the ban of Janny that thoughts acquire speed, the threads acquire deletion, the bans become a warning. It is by will alone I shit my posts in motion.

Attached: 1572969746723.png (665x998, 36K)

Hype

Attached: 1581539347182.jpg (640x429, 83K)

Trailer whennnnnn?

Anyone want to do a Dune party when the movie comes out?
I have the board game, some of the cards, and all of the coloring and activity books. We could bake spice cookies and have a Dune 2000 LAN party then go see Villeneuve's DUNC opening night.

Attached: Dune spice cookies recipe 1~2.jpg (1031x1092, 285K)

Yes. Where?

717 area code. I'm not even memeing about this. If there's enough interest, I'll organize it.

Attached: IMG_20190309_214749.jpg (4048x3036, 2.83M)

>717

What are you, Amish?

Based meta-bait.

Guess I'd better start reading the book.

Why don't they just build specialized computers to do their interstellar travel and just outlaw machine learning?

because its haram

Cant wait for the disappointment when the art direction isnt exactly like the dune art

No rush. You only need to read half of it for now.

Which half?

Is Dishonest Denis on a quest to destroy every beloved science fiction franchise? What's next after he buries Dune?

Every other page.

fucking your mom

Begone, JJIDF.
Blaming others of that which you guilty. Very Alinskyesque!!

I'm trying to read the book but I find it very confusing. Also the quotes from other fictional texts are nerdy as hell, like something from MTG, I like that

>Dune 2000
Based, I need to go dust off my Sega Genesis version of The Battle for Arrakis.

Don't pretend like he didn't take a dump on Blade Runner. I'm still not over it.

What's wrong with Blade Runner?

Attached: 1553895990283.jpg (1704x1600, 1.12M)

Who else is dreading the influx of newfag Dune fans when this comes out?

Literally the best sequel in cinema history.

The middle half.

Nothing's wrong with Blade Runner, it's my favorite movie. EVERYTHING is wrong with BR 2049.

Blade Runner was a fantastic experience compared to the dung that Hollywood releases on a frequent basis.

????

tell me what is wrong with let's say it's sound design

I'm unironically hoping DUNC flops and part II goes straight to DVD. They're going to try, damn them, they are going to try really hard to make DUNC into the next GoT and Star Wars. Inshallah, it will fail to attract any interest.

What is that? Hummus?

Attached: ?.png (554x378, 414K)

Yeah, I made some spicey hummus for the game night.

Why are you hoping for it to be bad? What if it ends up being the next LOTR instead of GoTshit/starshit garbage?

>I could actually attend that

Considering /k/um in brownies I'd rather not but it's neat.

I didn't say I want it to be bad. I want it to be good. But I want it to flop so it doesn't get made into the next starshit franchise. They already have a bogus Sisterhood spinoff lined up on HBO. If DUNC doesn't do well in the theaters, we might be spared.

This. There's going to be a lot of Zoomers with untouched copies of Dune on their bookshelf.

>white chocolate

Attached: nyerr.jpg (1024x914, 198K)

same thing happened with lotr who cares

I just hate posers intruding on my lifelong interests.

maybe it becomes their lifelong interest too then?
why would they be "posers", are people who saw lotr for the first time and then read the books and are still talking about it in great detail posers?

it's not like you came out of the womb along with a Dune book in your hands

i want it to be like got s1 and 2, where it was reasonably good but no one gave a shit about it

most of the people who get into a book series because of an adaptation a) don’t bother with the books at all and glean all their knowledge about them from the wiki b) are morons. some people genuinely get into it and have interesting things to say but that’s obviously the rarer outcome

Dune is his secret club user

I'm too contrarian, dear user. I don't want something that I like becoming mainstream. I'll be forced to drop it.

Will it be as ASMRlicious as the old movie?

>They already have a bogus Sisterhood spinoff lined up on HBO.
I'm dropping Dune as soon as the Tumblr landwhales get into it. And it will happen.

they'll be triggered beyond belief when the film comes out

... unless Villeneuve alters DUNC to make it more woke.
>But dune can't be woke!
We'll just see about that.

nope, they will be triggered beyond belief no matter what

how don't you understand it by now, it's never enough, Paul could be a transgender black eskimo and it would still not be enough

I can see it now, the twist will be that Chani was the messiah all along.

but dune is literally woke
>father the sleeper has awaken

Attached: bait is the mindkiller dune duna litanie proti strachu fear is the mind killer.png (600x600, 17K)

We're allowed to have high standards for Dunc, though, because Frank Herbert is dead. So the true fans don't need a shitty adaptation, the book and its legacy don't need a shitty adaptation, and Frankie is dead and his son is the Devil Made Flesh so I couldn't even get excited about them getting a paycheck.
Dune is especially difficult to commit to a visual medium. The story itself is impossible to properly tell outside of a book good luck not telling the viewer that Paul and Jessica are also spice-addicted until like halfway through the book like Frank does, what are you gonna do, not show his eyes on screen?
I'm hopeful, Villanueve is a great director and supposedly he's passionate about the project. But at best it's going to have to choose between telling an old story in a new and different way for a new audience that's grown up on a steady diet of Marvel movies and Star Wars, and making something really special for existing fans. I don't think anyone could do both at once.

No doubt about it, the script will be "modernized" for today's audience.