With the one and only plothole finally fixed...

With the one and only plothole finally fixed, can we finally agree that Rise of Skywalker was the best Star Wars movie since Solo?

Attached: palpy.png (775x819, 764K)

Who cares ?

>fixed
Why he's in so a bad state if he's a clone?
Why he didn't use a young clone of himself?
Why he doesn't make more clones to hoop?
It's not fixed they just changed the plot hole to another

*sigh*

Rise of Skywalker??? When did that movie come out never heard of it

Man... How did they fuck up so bad? They were given a license to print money, and still fucked up. Its amazing. I dont even like Star Wars, but its insane.

Hey shillbro, go tell your bosses no one gives a fuck about star wars anymore. Come back when you make a good movie yeah right lmfao

>Why he's in so a bad state if he's a clone?
Explained in the novel. The body is almost destroyed because Palpatine's power is too massive for a clone body
>Why he didn't use a young clone of himself?
Clones age really fast. They become fully grown adults at age 10 and this one's over 30
>Why he doesn't make more clones to hoop?
He didn't want a clone body, he wanted Rey's body because she's the chosen one

>fan fiction
literally

>Clones age really fast.
Then make a clone that doesn't age super fast.

>literally Dark Empire
Garbage then and garbage now

Attached: sheev.png (460x667, 703K)

what kind of joke are you even trying to make?

>He didn't want a clone body, he wanted Rey's body because she's the chosen one

Nice headcanon retard. He wanted kylo to initially kill her. Kylo himself later said palpatine didnt know at the time they were a dyad. Meaning ultimately palpatine was simply a retard winging it. Do better dipshit

>Since solo
So since the previous flop? Sure user. Low bar, but sure

>Clones age really fast. They become fully grown adults at age 10 and this one's over 30
That was a feature specifically added to the Republic clones, that's why Boba aged normally you retarded dipshit

I know you’re taking the piss but at the same time I’m sure the cunt who greenlit this book thought they’d patched something up.

Instead we now have an even greater mystery. He had boxes full of Snokes but just one spare for himself? Why was it such a lousy spare? And he had just the one? Otherwise why couldn’t he just jump into a new body at the end? Why is it possible to kill him at all if he can survive the death star explosion?

The worst part is all this is done better in the EU that they despised and decanonized. It also has Han, Luke and Leia in logical sequel ages. It has jedi training and their kids and the future of the rebellion and empire directly after Jedi.
Everything people thought was missing from the movie sequels.
I’m not even saying the EU was great. But it’s better in comparison.

This is a false flag post

They did the same with Doctor Who.

This only makes further problems because it contradicts the comics, which say he's not a clone, it's the same physical body as in VI, he just Force-opened a wormhole to Exegol during his plunge to the death star core

>>Why he's in so a bad state if he's a clone?
>Explained in the novel. The body is almost destroyed because Palpatine's power is too massive for a clone body

>Gets more power
>just heals himself

Defuq are you smoking?

Attached: SmartSelect_20200131-074643_YouTube.jpg (350x430, 64K)

Ian McDermott said at a con recently that palpy having a clone body was based on a line in the movie itself, not something original to the book. Just more JJ autism

>Clones age really fast.
No they don't unless they want it to be
>Explained in the novel. The body is almost destroyed because Palpatine's power is too massive for a clone body
That doesn't make any sense if he was too powerful he won't be able to stay in a clone instead of making the clone a fucking grampa for no reason
>He didn't want a clone body
Why he did the first clone body then? ah yes to survive I guess he just lost the will to live

by ignoring what the fans want, and throwing the baby out with the bathwater when they stupidly shitcanned the EU wholesale.

>you know how everyone hated the EU luke clones?
>let's do that again.

He was using one of those clones because he wanted a military enhanced brain and muscles with warfare muscle memory

Why does star wars attract this kind of shit?
Before and after Disney there's been all kinds of retarded and cringey bullshit made by the people working on star wars.

>fixed
It actually creates more holes.
Like how was he so sure Rey would be able to hold his soul? She's only like 25% his DNA, it's unlikely that she'd be able to house him if even a genuine clone couldn't.
Why didn't he just keep cloning himself until he got it right?
Why did he still have so many Snoke clones if he was cloning himself anyway?
If he was too powerful for a clone body, why did siphoning more power make him perfectly fine?

>he wanted Rey's body because she's the chosen one
Who are you quoting? The Chosen One was Anakin, and even Sheev knew that. He could've easily used any one of her parents, since he didn't know she was a Dyad until she and Kylo were standing in front of him.

Attached: 1558319576692.jpg (480x477, 27K)

>The body is almost destroyed because Palpatine's power is too massive for a clone body
>Immediately absorbs more power from Rey when he sees her
>Doesn't explode

Attached: 20181103_201924.png (242x245, 82K)

>The Chosen One was Anakin
That got retconned. Palpatine mind controlled the jedi into believeing Anakin was the chosen one, but he was not, he was merely a pupper.

Palpatine knew the chosen one could only be a woman, so he waited until this mythical woman was born

Ok? now what the thing is still a steaming pill of shit that doesnt make sense

>Palpatine mind controlled the jedi into believeing Anakin was the chosen one

this cant be true. tell me you are joking please

A EU adaptation would have been better but I am kinda tired of the rebellion vs the empire. The good vs evil trope only works if your characters are relatable.

They should have made Luke a grey jedi in TLJ or atleast morally grey. But Rian Johnson didn't have the balls to do it. I think I would have liked TLJ if they didn't do the switcheroo in every scene (finn should have died).

I don't think we will ever get a morally grey star wars. Disney is just gonna milk jedis vs sith or good vs evil until blue milk comes out.

To be fair, that's completely different

The Luke clone had its own sentience and was literally just a walking evil Luke. Palpys clone was just an empty husk for him to inhabit

Why wasnt this in the movie?

Not enough time to show all the small details

Although according to Abrams, they thought into turning episode IX into a trilogy (Episode XI part 1, Episode IX part 2 and episode IX part 3)

The idea was rejected

I like Palpatine's throne-like seat.

what even was in the movie?

I'm a clone of OP

>clones age super fast
>Boba Fett

According to Disney canon, the reason was that Boba Fett had a high count of clonichlorians (the clone variant of midichlorians) which allowed him to age slower than normal clones

That wasn't even Disney canon, it's been established for years Jango had him specially made to essentially be his son and age like a normal human

>Clones age really fast. They become fully grown adults at age 10 and this one's over 30
In other news... RIP BABY SHEEV

whats stopping Palpatine from returning again. Are we in some Ganon/Demise situation?

This explains everything and changed the whole trilogy completely. Thanks, Disney. I love Star Wars even more now, I can't wait to buy some funko pops.

Disney shills are so pathetic at this point

I want Rey's body, too

Same.

HE WAS A CLONE, SHE WAS A GIRL, CAN I MAKE IT ANY MORE OBVIOUS?

Imagine writing a script so bad that a major plot point is totally unexplained until someone else writes a book 3 months later.

This doesn't even fix anything, because if he's a clone he shouldn't be all scarred and shit, he should look like prequel era Sheev.

Why would a clone be wearing the exact same outfit and everything?

God that film is a piece of shit.

>try to cover every base possible, from who smoke was to chewie’s fucking medal
>don’t have time to explain how emperor fucking palpatine is back
The amount of cope surrounding these movies is unreal.

>Explained in the novel
Literally making shit up to sell more shit. Same with C3PO's red arm in TFA

They explained that Rey, being the reincarnation of a goddess, posseses anti-dark abilities. Not only is she immune to the dark side, but whenever she kills a dark side user his soul is destroyed as well.

Rey turned the dark lightning into light lightning through her lightsabers, which killed Palpatine permanently

>With the one and only plothole finally fixed
The problem with bringing him back was not the "plothole", little redditor.
It was that there was no narrative or thematic purpose to bringing him back. Just like there was no purpose for anything in the film.
All that rambling on about "plot holes", that's been popularized by wannabe-critics on youtube who hated TLJ and lacked proper arguments, simple misses the point of how storytelling works.

Him being a clone raises even more questions like why is he not younger and stronger than he was in the OT if he's a totally new person with old memeories? The whole thing is just stupid.

According to the novel he made his clone old so that people would recognize him

So he’s a clone that clones other clones?

This is retarded even by Star Wars standards.

But thats stupid because he has been in the public eye for decades people would know what he looked like since he was a much young man.

Disney destroyed the chances of them making starwars into a marvel tier cash cow when they bought the rights, declared the majority of EU "non-canon" and then dove right in without a plan.

There's never going to be another "good" star wars movie, just mediocre bi-annual and annual marvel-lite slop for consoomers

that doesnt fix anything

After disbanding the republic's army, Mon Mothma ordered every republic citizen to get an obligatory lobotomy to forget about the emperor.

She disbanded the army so that the republic could never go to war again and the forced lobotomy was to make people forget about the person responsible for the war, so that nobody could follow his steps

Very few escaped the lobotomy drones, amongst them a few resistance soldiers

Arrogance, greed, hubris, complacency, and plain old fashioned stupidity

Attached: wwr.jpg (1277x381, 180K)

Why didn't they just clone like a million Lukes to fight the first order?

Cloning is very expensive

I actually agree. Weird.

Retard post

They thought they were buying the fanbase along with the franchise, so they decided to use SW as vehicle for their social programming

Holy shit how many times are they going to do these half assed marketing attempts to fix this shitty movie post mortem? Are they gonna start putting out "patched" versions of it with new scenes added? Just admit you fucked up and move on, Disney, ffs.

I don’t think they saw it as a new paradigm in printing money. I think they just wanted to squeeze the franchise dry with minimal effort

He owned the galaxy tho...

Attached: 909472815-am998635[1].jpg (300x433, 29K)

>Why would a clone be wearing the exact same outfit and everything?
He spent all his fashion budget on cloning technology, so he had to make do with a tattered hoodie instead of the giant shoulderpad suit he was saving up for

>fixed
Nope

Is this true? If so, Sheev literally did nothing wrong and the Rebels were exactly the terrorists and monsters our boys in grey claimed them to be. I can imagine some idiot greenlighting this horror.

>he best Star Wars movie since Solo?
Yeah, the shit I just took was the best since last Friday's, your point?

Shitcanning the EU shit was the right thing to do even if their new shit is also shit.

Back to /x/, schizoid.

Schizoid is not schizophrenia, dummy.

>Rey turned the dark lightning into light lightning

>Palpatine: Go ahead and kill me, then i'll take your body!
>Rey kills him

So he won, right?

Someone thinking they're the original and finding out they're a clone all along would be a pretty good kino story. Can't wait for the spin off story about him :)

I'd forgotten "schizoid" was even a real thing.

They're ripping off Dark Empire though.

What about all those child clones we see in Episode 2 anyway? What purpose did they serve?

What the fuck are you talking about?

Attached: 1571011577705.jpg (1080x1080, 125K)

Luke did?

Well, Palpatine pretty much did own the whole galaxy. Then, when Vader killed him, he practically became the new Emperor.
And when Vader died shortly after that, that would mean that Luke inherited it. Maybe. You'd have to ask an Imperial lawyer about the details of that.

homo

>Force powers to strong for clone body
>Doesn't just distribute his power through multiple clones in a networked hive mind intelligence with UNLIMITED POWER

Sheev should have gone full burly brawl on the new republic's ass.

>mfw everything they produce is so incredibly bad that you can’t even distinguish the most outrageous shitposts from truth

Reread the original post

>nuke the EU so they can do whatever they want
>run out of ideas after 2 movies
>go back and steal the story of the EUs most maligned entry

At first it was sad but now it's kinda funny.

>It is power that created us, power that connects us, power that pulls us, that guides us; it is power that defines, power that binds us. We are here because of YOU, young Skywalker. We're here to take from you what you tried to take from us... POWAH!"

Attached: Mr-Skywalker.jpg (606x421, 14K)

Get a sense of humour.

>run out of ideas after 2 movies

These people had always ran out of ideas from the get-go. TFA was just a rip-off of A New Hope.

>since solo
ground height bar

And it still fails to clear it

at this point they could also say any retarded thing like palpatine scaped throught a time portal wich he created with dark force while he was falling in ep VI and nobody would care

Lucas had a rough idea and already written plot points where the franchise will be going when he did the original trilogy and the prequels (of course there were changes in the script, but overall he had it pretty much lied down what will happen).

He had the exact same for the sequel trilogy, but Disney didn't used anything of it because they believed a weird cyberpunk Star Wars wouldn't sell (it would, since it's Star Wars, it could be an existential arthouse drama by David Lynch and would make 2 billion cause it's Star Wars), so they threw it away and came up with... nothing, they just filmed without a clue from the go, which also explains Last Jedi.

I-is that a movie DLC ?

Rogue One was pretty grim as far as Star Wars films go. The rebels shoot informants in the back when it fits their situation.

If it's a clone, why is he old ?

So, we Avatar now?

>but its insane.
Not really, sw is boring.

>Garbage then and garbage now
/thread
/sw series as a whole.

Disney killed Star Wars

Please buy my toys goys!!

>With the one and only plothole finally fixed
it wasn't explained in the movie, it isn't fixed

There's always some bullshit answer from a book isn't there

So it was just viral marketing for the Clone Wars cartoon? meh.

>With the one and only plothole finally fixed,
No it wasn't.

Attached: 1583108513251.jpg (1524x1224, 1.32M)

Attached: 1583123656004.jpg (1080x836, 353K)

Attached: 1583011121215.png (520x1220, 587K)

I literally called this months ago. Said they would use Dark Empire.

Attached: woo.png (201x219, 66K)

>Rise of Skywalker was the best Star Wars movie since Solo
You are technically correct. The best kind of correct.

>can't make a coherent story
>everyone hates what you write
>make shit up in books to try to fix it
>no one reads them

This. They didn't realize that the fans aren't completely loyal and might not appreciate something they love getting torn to shreds.

It would've been the right thing to do, if they created something that was better than the EU.

What happened was they created something that used some of the worst of the EU, but executed worse. Like, how can you completely fuck up and make a worse version of Dark Empire? Somehow this stupid trilogy managed to do it.

How come he had the same non-heritable force-lightning scarring on his face that his non-clone had from battling Mace Windu?

Attached: 1544834054283.jpg (709x518, 43K)

>How come he had the same non-heritable force-lightning scarring on his face that his non-clone had from battling Mace Windu?
Mystery Box.

At least Dark Empire tried to address the bullshit.

Attached: Capture+_2020-03-03-14-12-13.png (952x156, 222K)

I prefer the REAL clone emperor, thank you very much

Attached: 4842769-886570-reborn_emperor.jpg (684x747, 224K)

>He didn't want a clone body, he wanted Rey's body because she's the chosen one
tranny palpatine confirmed

I don't think TFA was the worst of the three, but I also think it doesn't get shit on enough.

Attached: 1582052521771.png (640x836, 489K)

>The one and only plothole

Attached: 1583080507311.jpg (524x524, 162K)

>no one reads them

They probably figured it'd be bad like most everything else under Disney Star Wars

Attached: 1578895364671.jpg (3267x4320, 3.14M)

fpbp
>Arrogance, greed, hubris, complacency, and plain old fashioned stupidity

So, in one word, women.

*sigh*

kek

Based Frodo.

>He didn't want a clone body, he wanted Rey's body

"It's a trap!" Literally.

If you complained about 8 and didn't like 9 you're to blame.

That's the excuse shills make

Tfa would have been better without the mystery box.

Kennedy was way, way, WAY out of her depth, but the blame must be placed on Iger for ousting Lucas and binning his treatments in the first place, in addition to letting his cash cow be milked by opportunistic ego-driven hacks and frauds.

Attached: 1514247025250.jpg (1495x900, 306K)

Obviously. But people fell for JJ Abram's meme. And the "fans" fell for it hard. So hard that they thought Snoke was some legacy character or that Rey needed to have important parents. So hard that they demanded "answers" from episode 8 for questions that never had any answers to begin with. So hard that Abrams pulled a "Lost final" with episode 9 and made shit up just for the sake of it.

Is ROS the worst movie from the last decade?

Well, it was worse than Cats.

Brilliant

there's a myriad of nerds that explain all kinds of basedwars shit on youtube. I usually put one on, take a toke and melatonin pill to go to sleep lel

Except I missed the 'that DRIVES us' line. Just kill me now.