EXONERATED!

EXONERATED!

Attached: 1570940805313.png (686x778, 637K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JgWJUKzgvR4
youtube.com/watch?v=fl2r3Fwxz_o
google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6316277/amp/Johnny-Depp-Jack-Sparrow-Disneys-Pirates-Caribbean-film-franchise.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

honestly why
the most recent one wrapped things up nicely

based

Money.

NOOOOOOO!!!! WE GOT TO COCKY AMBER SISTERS!!!!

I've seen every single one of these movies and I cannot tell you anything about them. They are absolute shit but got damn if I wouldn't watch another one.

Because dead horses, once beaten enough, still spit out money on occasion

Good

They are dumb fun

3 wrapped up things nicely. The latest 2 have been extraneous as it is.

probably because disney is the only one making big budget pirate movies.

5 at least answered questions some people had, but 4 was just "lmao mermaids n shit"

please list pirate kino for me to watch

Well the third one wrapped thing up nicely but here we are.

Johnny's got a booze habit to fuel.

This

Hopefully the midget character will get a black boyfriend.

More yaggsbaro posting

$

Because Disney.
Dead Horses Spit Out Money

Awesome FILM IT FILM IT
Now if we can get Amber Heard fired from Aquaman it will all be all right guys

So it is possible to un-JUST yourself.

this
SBARRO is the best

>honestly why
disney is fucked
mulan will flop
artemis fowl flop

major flops coming this year. they will need the franchise that makes money.

Fine by me, they are the only ones making any fun pirate adventure movies. Even if they aren't the best anymore they are all that is out there.

i completely forgot about artemis fowl
is it out yet

So do I but you don't see ME making shitty unnecessary movie sequels

No Barbossa No Go
They dared to kill off my favorite character.
Though to be fair Jack Died and Barbossa died and they both were brought back so maybe there's still hope...

Attached: vCqQGcbpIHWTYFI-800x450-noPad[1].jpg (600x337, 29K)

Whys the rum gone?

Are they going to bring back Gore Verbinski so they can have another mediocre 4 hour movie that goes $250 million overbudget?

>mulan will flop
Mulan would have made a fuckton of money in the PRC if not for Corona-chan. They really should have made the decision maybe a month ago to delay it six months.

He ain't coming back bud

No one is ever really gone....

That's bullshit he was my favorite part of the movies.
Honestly I liked him more than Jack
youtube.com/watch?v=JgWJUKzgvR4
Rush just had so much fucking fun with the role even while Depp was phoning it in.

Attached: 443269-barbossa_agnidevi[1].jpg (480x417, 24K)

because it will make $500 million in China alone

I don't know if disney wants to touch Geoffrey Rush after he got metoo'd. I think he's in hiding right now.

>Dead Horses Spit Out Money
rated PG-13

It's pretty bleak when the only one I can think of is Muppet Treasure Island, as Hook is only 50% a decent pirate movie upon rewatching, and Cutthroat Island actually wasn't actually the result of "pirate fatigue" and DID suck. Monkey Island had more pirate staying power in that time until PotC, which was probably THE first modern pirate movie that got an audience

While Depp and Bloom alphaing you from afar was a big chunk of their popularity, it also helped it was more than just piratan/treasuran, as it was pirate ghosts and supernatural shit as well, but Disney being the company backing it was the most important thing, since it's based one of their best rides. Disneyland let Depp himself replace the robojack there one time, the line to get there was starting to reach Bengal BBQ, and you could hear echoing screams from that distance

Every time they attempt to create a ride "cinematic universe", they forget that at the end of the day, it's still 100% Depp and Bloom alphaing you from afar, and I guarantee you this is the start of the Punished Johnny arc if it happens, there are a LOT of girls who didn't buy Amber's bullshit, and angry tweets and forum posts probably don't even remotely represent his opposition. My ex spends most of her time online getting outraged like most people her age, and in addition to keeping her one bed-positioned Black Pearl-era Depp poster on the ceiling post-Amber, she added an additional one next to it a few months later. There is a major silent majority that wants to attend to their wounded wolf via what's hopefully a "reset". They own Steve Purcell last time I checked, and if he grabbed Ron Gilbert in the process, I'd trust both of them to write Black Pearl 2.0

Attached: Haunted_mansion_ver3.jpg (259x383, 20K)

mulan is already being targeted as a huge failure. the lead actress said some political shit online and that turned people off, plus its not going to open in some areas now.

its an expensive flop - so they , disney, needs to hedge its bets by having johnny depp return to insure a much needed payday

>mulan is already being targeted as a huge failure
GOOD.
These fucking useless charmless remakes need to stop.
The Lion King was a fucking travesty.
>Scar gets to the point where he sings "Be Prepared"
>He kind of talks and awkwardly stumbles through it

woman beater

Fuck dude I wanted pirate kino

>woman

dilate

how's that rock you've been living under?
Is it cold in there?

YAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGESSSSBARRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 59e45f158d7138d70af59d44a71813919c688d7f24a192668a8f50c000e3522e.jpg (942x933, 314K)

>not believing the woman no matter what

Let's hope it never comes out user
youtube.com/watch?v=fl2r3Fwxz_o

He was exonerated, too. He won his defamation suit:

>On 11 April 2019, the judge ruled in favour of Rush, awarding him $850,000. In his written statement defending his ruling, Justice Wigney said that none of Norvill's claims were proven substantially true and that Rush's evidence was overwhelming. He also criticised the Telegraph for "recklessly irresponsible pieces of sensationalist journalism of the very worst kind". On 23 May 2019, Rush was awarded an additional AU$2.9 million (US$1.9 million) in damages.

Exactly how I feel. It's Depp's role the way iron man is iron man's role

GOOD.
I want this #metoo shit to end

What a waste of a good actor.
He was not noteworthy at all

>the way iron man's is iron man's role
What did he mean by this bros

Attached: 0047_-_i50AZzg.png (381x339, 32K)

theres 5 already?

Yep.
The original trilogy,
Stranger Tides where Jack fights Blackbeard
And
Dead Men Tell No Tales where he fights more pirate ghosts. I mean they're not pirates they're pirate hunters but they're still ghosts.

Bloom and Thwaites are relentlessly handsome.

THIS CAN'T HAPPEN. YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO BELIEVE WOMEN!

Attached: 85aa34ff25ad4bfb4189571fd72bd5c8.jpg (647x363, 29K)

They made two more without Bloom and Knightley. Can't really blame people for not knowing about them, as the fifth one in particular was barely promoted.

it wrapped up a lore disagreement between some dudes at disney

>entire reason for existence is because he got outsmarted by young jack who wasn't even a captain at that point
kek what a bitch

>be the mouse
>fire Depp under the backlash of his case with Amber, because lowkey we're so sick of giving him $90m each movie
>let our Pirates OG writer shit on Depp's name "yea we want a reboot Depp had a good run he'll only be remembered as jack sparrow he wasn't even a movie star before POTC, we're done at 5 movies with him" google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6316277/amp/Johnny-Depp-Jack-Sparrow-Disneys-Pirates-Caribbean-film-franchise.html
>realize we got no originality to make a reboot without Depp
>call Depp back as an excuse of the media realization he was falsely accused but lowkey we're just so insecure to make it without him

Honestly Depp is too good for the mouse at this point he's better in indie movies hopefully he declines. The mouse is one of the reasons why Depp's career is so fucked up, he was better in the pre sparrow era.

every movie beyond the first is unnecessary

I liked 2 and 3 just as much as 1. But 4 was the laziest, cringiest rehash I've ever seen. Never saw 5.

5 makes 4 look fantastic by comparison. At least 4 had some great scenes with Barbosa and the Spaniards, 5 didn't have anything remotely as good.

Because they know people will go and see it just to BTFO feminists.

2 and 3 could have been cool but they just seem like a big bloated mess to me
lot of great individual aspects to them though

They ruined jack his character when he was no longer a genius who acted accidental but was just accidental

Honestly 2 was good, 3 felt rushed and should've been split up. It was stupid to kill the kraken off screen.

What questions??

>Not listing Swiss Family Robinson

Attached: 15601124198782.jpg (338x162, 24K)

Not that guy, but the ending with Will reuniting was pretty kino.

Top 1 to 4
>davy jones
>barbossa
>salazar
>blackbeard

Pirates of the Caribbean is essentially just capeshit on boats at this point, correct?

nobody would watch a POTC reboot

No. Guardians of the galaxy is POTC in space. not the other way around. swashbucklers have been around forever.

Except Pirates of the Caribbean 5 bombed in the US.

It made most of it’s money from overseas. And now because of the Coronavirus, more and more foreign movie theaters are closing.

Seems like a waste of money.

Jack's character has been completely flanderized. Even if he comes back it won't make the movie good, because no one remembers how to write him anymore.

toy story 3 wrapped things up nicely too

Happy to see that Depp got cleared but I have no interest in more POTC

based

how did it wrap things up when it teases a davy jones cliffhanger (undeservedly) you fucking imbecile

black sails is pretty comfy pirate kino, though most here will shit on it for making one of the main characters gay but whatever.

Should have ended at the franchise at Worlds End.

Cut Throat Island
Mutiny on the Bounty
Peter Pan

The pirates films are actually good. They are all so fucking good.

I'd rather have Depp go back to making actual movies and not Disney shit. He used to be a quite good actor, but only starred in crap for the past decade or so.

Lol, not anymore

>NOOOOOOOO NOT THE ROASTIE TOASTIES!!!! NOT THE HECKIN WOMARINOES AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

This. He was fucking terrible in 5 it was constant le wacky jack hijinks. The entire back robbery sequence was awful. Geoffrey Rush was the only good part about 5. That and the Davy Jones teaser.

>Cutthroat Island

I unironically still think it's a good movie.

Oof

Fuck a Monkey Island animated series would be great. Didney has the Lucas library so it should be included, right?

BASADO!

The last 2 Pirates movies were trash and Depp is a political time bomb, even if he is innocent. This movie will disappoint.

>Depp is a political time bomb, even if he is innocent
Probably, it's usually the way these witch hunts go. No matter how ludicrous the claim, how easily dismissed, or how perjurious the testimony, the fact he was hit with it is all anyone will remember. People on the internet just assume guilty until.... always, they just assume guilty.

Do they really expect it to be successful? It's been like 10 years since last good Pirates of the Carribean movie

Treasure planet

They don’t care. Doug Stanhope is his friend and he was talking about taking his niece to visit Johnny on the set of his last one. Johnny was in his trailer all day while the crew just wanted him to come out to film. He just sits in there until they give him exactly what he wants and he is exactly ready. Why not? they beg him to do it at this point. He can ask for them to pay for Doug to do a gig near by so his friend can stay in the area. Can you imagine? You can ask for basically a small court like a king to keep you happy as long as you shit out some crap whenever you feel like? While plebs wait around for your turd with glee.

The third one wrapped things up nicely.

1 A+ pirate kino
2 B+ good
3 C- bloated nonsense
4 B- not what we needed but what we deserved
5 D jAck SssparRoW

But Davey Jones is fucking dead

Yea. It was a bloated movie. Im all for someone trying again, but I have 0 hopes of it being any good. Ted and Terry clearly ran out of steam and making 2 and 3 back to back stressed them. 3 was fun, but not as tight as 1 and 2

Why did reddit hate the 4th movie so much?

Attached: MV5BMjE5MjkwODI3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjcwMDk4NA@@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg (630x1200, 187K)

based
i just started playing sea of thieves, too

It's just...good business.

Attached: 1568197339612.png (1053x1001, 1.31M)

MONEY

This is a redemption story for the ages. The perfect ending will be if Verbinski comes back and they make the best film of the franchise and Depp finally gets his long-deserved oscar

1 > 2 = 4 >> 3 >>>>>> 5

>more YAG SBARRO kino
like a leetle burd

Attached: 1552441221394.png (720x720, 810K)

>Geoffrey Rush got metoo'd
jesus, I didn't even hear about that
glad to know he won his lawsuit

The first one wrapped things up nicely too.

>m-muh filmstock
>NOOO you can't just shoot on digital!
>stop sexualising mermaids!
Literally their entire argument

>black sails
K I N O

Pirates of the Caribbean was the first capeshit film. This also makes it better than 99% of capeshit though

>The good boy priest got a mermaid gf
Honestly one of the few good moments of this movie

you mean she brought him down to a watery grave and served him up for dinner

Bros what if I get famous but all those bitches I harrased on face and ig fire back to me?

Attached: 1583150039044.png (17x19, 249)

It's pro catholic, simple as

If he doesn't actually need the money, he should tell Disney to go fuck themselves.

Star Wars is drowning face first in toilet water, that's why

Because their MCU cash cow ended last year and they screwed up their other franchises

>make a new film
>don't center it around jack sparrow
>instead replace him with a woman
>no MAN can read the map, only a woMAN
>actually have her say this dialogue
>confused why nobody remembers the movie
>beg depp to return

Isn't he getting #metooed and divorce fleaced to hell right now? He needs every penny to fight that bs.

Yeah, he turned out to be the real MVP of the series in the end. Basedbossa.

Are you making up a terrible reboot in your head?

No, it's called Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge (2017).

Muppets Treasure Island is unironically the best pirate movie ever made. Its fucking amazing!

>They really should have made the decision maybe a month ago to delay it six months.
Chinks might all be gone 6 months later.

brexit means brexit

The last movie was so shit that I'm not sure. I loved the series, but it was too much for me.

A 20 minute extended scene of Jack Sparrow beating the live interest to death? It’s a bit unconventional Johnny. But you’re the big star.

Attached: D7D59091-0117-40E6-B830-EAA9BF3682CF.png (569x802, 530K)

holy fuck, enough with jack's character

Attached: 1582110707165.png (896x908, 862K)

The first one is legitimately kino

DA DA DUN DUN DA DA DUN DUN DA DA DUN DUN DA DA DUN DUN

I hope he declines or asks for $80 million otherwise they can suck his dick.

it's really bad

The truth comes out and now they want him back, I hope he tells them to fuckoff

Gay trash. Main character spends entire series in love with woman only to open mouth kiss some outta nowhere dude that was never even mentioned before just because it was the final episode and these Hollywood hacks love to cram gay shit it. Will never rewatch it, threw my Blu Rays away.

I think you mean "Toy Story wrapped things up nicely too."

iron man is iron man
no one else can be iron man