Is this good historical kino?

is this good historical kino?

Attached: outlander.jpg (970x546, 117K)

No. I never watched it

Yes

anything you liked about it?

I liked how the woman uses modern(1940ish) medical knowledge in the past. Also, Jamie is cute

It's aimed at women but it's actually pretty decent if you're interested in the history, it's also part medical drama which is cool.

Yes. It seemed quite historically authentic. It is quite good.

>Also, Jamie is cute

It's also funny when he suffers because he is a huge dumbass that makes problems for himself.

Anyone been watching season 5?

I stopped watching when they got to America

Based.

The show died with him to be honest.

Attached: outlander-black-jack-randall.jpg (1800x1200, 665K)

The costumes and locations in the second season are especially gorgeous.

essential momcore

The first 2 seasons are good, excepting the gay rape plot. The show goes downhill pretty fast after that.

The concept of the show was touching on some hot button material. A WWII combat nurse, more or less an icon of women in modernity like Rosie the Riveter, falls in love with an actual Jacobite. A man literally on the wrong side of history. It’s a low key rendition of The Story of O. Unleashing the feminine Id on the world just always results a wholesale rejection of modernity and women’s role in it. I think probably the books but definitely the show post-S2 are aware of the problematic nature of the premise and the material as a result is self-conscious and stilted as a result.

cool, i'll probably stick with just the first two seasons. the story of o parallel seems interesting. by chance have you read any of the books?

The women aren't hairy enough for it to be good.

I stopped watching in season 4

Any other series that are similar to this? Dropped it around the 3rd season.

This

One of my new favorite shows and I coincidentally finished season 3 today. Seasons 1 and 2 were definitely kino and season 3 was a little lacking with the caribbean plot but it was ok.

No, I just read the synopsis of several out of curiosity and the plots of the show seem to follow the books pretty closely.

>excepting the gay rape plot.
pleb

Like set in historic britian?

Based and very redpilled.
What are some kinos where the women ARE hairy enough for it to be good?

Attached: detective.png (436x361, 177K)

The Dreamers.

Ideally set in Italy but anywhere in Europe would be fine.

That's recommended, the second season actually serves as a satisfying conclusion for the story, season 3,4 and 5 feel artificially extended for me.

Yes, Jaime makes me pp hard

thanks bros

Typical female cuck core, into the trash it goes

>he doesn't stay for the historikino

no. this is

Attached: 2a4cc447-2783-40a7-adcf-0b886572f816.jpg (640x360, 58K)

And that's a good thing. The French noblewoman that showed Claire her waxed pussy was hot as fuck.

My mom liked it, so if you like it too you have the same taste as my mom.

Attached: F883E446-AD46-40E0-9A50-E40D35EF9DCC.gif (500x378, 917K)

does your mom like YKK?

My mum loves it.

She hasn’t seen it, but I doubt she would give it a chance.

Attached: 6ED47BE5-F45F-4192-86EA-8058C602EBDE.jpg (632x480, 49K)

well fuck her then

Yeah it is, if you don't mind the whole heavy romance novel feel. Lots of good things in the first seasons: a good look of how the Highlanders clans work, witch trials, going to France and meeting their exiled "king", the rebellion etc. I dropped the show when they reached the American colonies, but I plan on catching up sooner or later.

I recommend the novels too, under a ton lot of romance there are many interesting historical info - especially about ancient medicine and medicinal plants. You can tell the writer really did her research.

Also there's a funny wtf moment in the first novel where Claire meets Nessie lol

Anyone know wtf that Geillis chick's plan was? In 1968 she talks about going back to change the course of history yet when she gets there all she does is dance around naked in the forest and sleep with married men.
Claire did far more to (try) and alter history and she didn't even mean to go back.

Midway through S3 here, does the show (or the books) ever mention the fact that Claire was constantly drinking alcohol right the way through her first pregnancy?
I found it really glaring and assumed they'd mention it as the reason for the stillbirth but they don't.

Only watched the 1st season

Attached: 04cf0bdcb7c4f6c49fcd965f7b6e6eaf.jpg (1200x1500, 136K)

I hear you're a racist now, Father.

Attached: Randall1.webm (1916x1076, 992K)

Attached: Randall2.webm (1916x1076, 1.57M)

I think when she went to the past her only plan was to keep marrying wealthy men and then kill them to stole their gold and fund the upcoming Scottish rebellion. I suppose she believed magic could be somehow used too - not a difficut assumption to make after she travelled through time.

But yeah, she didn't have a good plan at all.

Second season was good too.

Attached: 1577902701605.jpg (620x897, 57K)

It would be good without the terrible mary sue/self-insert.

Good question, I did a quick search and found out they didn't know about the risks until 1981.

Huh, makes sense. Always thought it funny how she has such extensive modern medical knowledge and yet was still knocking back bottles of red wine in her third trimester.

Caitriona looks like a 'Good timeline' version of Lara Flynn Boyle rather than the monstrosity she actually turned into.