Who the fuck was expecting a movie by the Hangover guy to be this fucking good...

Who the fuck was expecting a movie by the Hangover guy to be this fucking good? Hollywood needs to make more stupid-ass director decisions more often, apparently people who do dudebro movies are secret auteurs.

Attached: joker.jpg (2764x4096, 1.68M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UmpZhibh8eg
youtu.be/ixw_bLVUL34
youtu.be/nJNY6WALsL8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's mediocre.

You're mediocre, Murray.

Todd Phillips is exceedingly competent, it was a good movie but most of the good stuff came from Joaquin and Lawrence Sher.

Phillips directed the GG Allin documentary which was kino as hell but I was disappointed by Joker

>Gets picked on
>Becomes evil

Whoa what a deep plot....

Attached: 1582709197336.jpg (419x420, 28K)

Watch taxi driver kid.

nothing about how it was made was great. he did a good job, phoenix carried the film. the dialogues were even cringey at times.

Evil, like comedy, is subjective.

Whoaaaa.....Really tickles my almonds.....

I don't really have any respect for the opinion of someone who uses the word cringey to describe anything.

Who's next? Tyler Perry?

Actually he already does kino when he's not doing the Madea movies.

Joaquin Phoenix as Joker is literally makes this shit cringe.

>is literally makes this shit cringe.

Attached: 1564546014310.jpg (400x400, 28K)

no other word to describe it sorry

The opening of the film announced itself as bad.
Joker chases these kids and they eventually turn on him and one of them shouts

>Beat him up!

Attached: amandla-stenberg-2.jpg (1220x2000, 369K)

It's okay, clearly you were deprived of an education which makes you incapable of offering actual criticisms of a film instead of spewing buzzwords. It's probably your parents' fault.

It was a good movie. Not disputing that. But the fact is, it's NOT a good SUPERHERO movie, or even a Superhero movie at all. Because it wasn't original going to be.

Originally he was going to make it a standalone movie about a Comedian who goes mad because nobody finds his nihilistic humor funny, with no DC comics capeshit in it at all. But he couldn't get it funded that way. So he tweaked the script to make it a Joker movie just so he could get funding for it.

for you

of course he couldn't get it funded that way, King Of Comedy already exists. He was dumb for thinking he could.
I'm glad he redid it as a Gotham movie. It works as a Gotham movie.

It's just. Everyone gets on DCs Shit for it's 'Hurr Durr realism' that lead to Batman V Superman imploding on the launchpad. With Shazam and Aquaman I thought maybe DC was learning it's lesson that realism and superhero movies don't go together.

Then Joker comes along and makes a shitton of money. . . and I guarantee you DC is going to take the exact wrong messages away from it's success in future DC movies. Just like they learned the wrong messages from the success of the Dark Knight when they tried to make the DCEU 'Muh realism'.

The problem with making DCEU "realism" is that BvS didn't even do it well, straight up the last hour of the movie is a boring battle with a big gray CGI monster. Joker was good because it didn't try to be some big CGI spectacle, it didn't have any battles or action scenes to pander to the lowest common denominator. It was just a regular movie that happened to have Bruce Wayne in it.

I also find it funny that everyone was acting like this movie was supposed to spark some incel uprising and that the theaters would have shootings or something? But nothing happened, people enjoyed it, it made a bunch of money and that's it. I mean I'm glad nothing happened but it just shows how much Yea Forums talks out of their ass with these things.

Sorry audiences have different tastes to you. Also Aquaman and Shazam are both getting sequels so there's not real need to worry yet.

>by the Hangover guy
this movie was shadow directed by joaquin who made it to get the oscar and increase his cause as a vegan activist

pure veggie propaganda.

That's how you out yourself as a retard.

At least say cringe, which is the Yea Forums way.

This. It wasn’t that good desu. Phoenix was great but couldn’t carry a boring movie with nothing interesting to say.
>it was all a delusion in the end
Lame.

The other day my 12 year old nephew was talking about Road Trip and laughing his ass off. Phillips has always been competent at least, disneyshills like to overplay this card because they don't have an argument against the actual movie

Well if a twelve year old liked it how can anyone argue

The funniest thing to me is that it did help spark uprisings... but in foreign countries with dictatorships. I always laugh whenever I see some shithole country having thousands of people dressed as the joker because the makeup fucks up facial recognition software and gives them a unifying symbol, the complete opposite of the media narrative of the film.

Fuck Road Trip, it made me think about trying anal masturbation because of the sperm bank scene and now I can't stop fingering myself.
By allah I hope the next generation doesn't have to be exposed to (((Hollywood))).

>American leftists hate Joker because it's an incel/nazi movie
>French Firefighters use Joker as a symbol for their union strike for better worker's benefits
>Hong Kong citizens use Joker as a symbol of liberty against an oppressive, authoritarian government
Americans never stop stunting me with their ignorance. Obviously the movie is "apolitical" but why do burgers ignore this cultural impact?

>12 year old like a 20 year old movie aimed at teenagers
Since it's beloved in its target audience it's safe to say it's competently directed. Just like Joker which was acclaimed and beloved by literally everybody except the same twitter shills that said Black Panther and The Last Jedi are modern masterpieces and a few suspiciously shill looking anonymous poster

Don't forget that American rightists love this movie while simultaneously worshipping the rich. ALL Americans are fucking stupid.

Whatever dude you're fucking stupid.

That's wrong, they showed Thomas and Martha's death which is something Arthur couldn't have possibly been aware of. That scene confirms it was real because it wasn't from his perspective.

the American "rightists" that like this movie don't worship the rich. they're altright/dissident right/outright fascist. neocons and neolibs (right wingers who worship the rich) usually didnt really care for Joker.

ALL people are fucking stupid.

Derivative,overrated
Plagiarised taxi driver and king of comedy but came nowhere close to either

If I'd made the movie Id be hailed as a genius and brought up on hate speech charges,have to go into hiding,before emerging 3 months later post revolution and given a comfy clerical position in the new order.

>movie has De Niro in it
WHOA WHAT THE FUCK IT IS AN EXACT COPY OF TAXI DRIVER HOW DARE THEY

Why didnt Batman stop him?

Why the fuck was your son watching a movie made for adults? What the fuck kind of parent are you?

brainlet riposte

I would say more but I respect that correct usage of the word riposte so I will let you have this one.

It was good. nothing great. not shit. Thing is that most population felt the same way so it made a billion dollars. Good for Halloween due to its release. No one thinks of it much anymore. Quality 9 dollar spend.

Quarter shall be granted

>REEEEE EVERYONE WHO HAD A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN ME IS A SHILL REEEEE
Are you sure your "12 year old nephew" isn't you user? Grow the fuck up.

>Plagiarised taxi driver and king of comedy
Explain how, protip you can't and you won't

>Who the fuck was expecting a movie directed by the Swingers guy and starting a drug addict, a chick who makes candles from her vagina smells, and the dude from big leboiski to be this fucking good and launch a multi-billion dollar franchise.

Very few people have perfect records.

Attached: Ironmanposter.jpg (220x326, 71K)

How about "embarrassing"?

Self evident for anyone who's seen all 3 movies - assuming one possesses a working brain and an iq above room temperature. Any dissertation I felt inclined to provide would be insufficient to convince a dullard who thinks otherwise. Fortunately I feel no such inclination. Movie was 6/10 at best. Still better than most of the other dross Hollywood spews forth.

>Self evident for anyone who's seen all 3 movies - assuming one possesses a working brain and an iq above room temperature. Any dissertation I felt inclined to provide would be insufficient to convince a dullard who thinks otherwise. Fortunately I feel no such inclination. Movie was 6/10 at best. Still better than most of the other dross Hollywood spews forth.
I told you couldn't and wouldn't, why didn't you listen?

Because Americans and culture don't go well together.

That is an unfair assessment of Gwyneth Paltrow, she was not an insane cult leader back in 2008. Goop is a recent thing.

Was Batman too busy shagging Alfred in this movie to interfere?

I can but I won't.
Intolerance for dullards and laziness are my 2 greatest virtues.

Are people genuinely this dumb or is there some meme I'm unaware of?

>Intolerance for dullards and laziness are my 2 greatest virtues
It's a shame about your inability to understand Todd Phillips movies and to make arguments about your brainlet anger

>anger
Projection dear fellow

>understand Todd Phillips movies
kek

Hangover was a good-looking movie, and the only thing I expected from Joker was to be beautifully shot. Which it was.

Oof.
And your three other qualities are intelligent, nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor, right? A tip to you good sir

Please tell me you're not the guy who made this post:

She likely was into some other weird shit we didn't know much about but my general point was sometimes there's a lot of money in shit.

I ignored the movie because it sounded fucking stupid so I am genuinely surprised to hear that some dumb comedy movie is beautifully shot. I guess I should look into more stuff by that cinematographer.

Well she named her daughter Apple so even back then she wasn't completely blameless. The only worse name for a child I've heard is Kanye West naming his daughter North.

>intelligent, nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor
Only one of those is a virtue.Alas I am guilty of being subject to this particular virtue and one of the other two vices.

No
Anyone who uses the term auteur is invariably a pseud and a poseur.

Jokes on you Joaquin Phoenix is also a director. He directed some music videos 10 years ago
Here are some of his works
youtu.be/UmpZhibh8eg
youtu.be/ixw_bLVUL34
youtu.be/nJNY6WALsL8

I wonder if he'll try to direct some movies now after winning the oscar.

>not arguments
Imaginnio el mio shock!!!

Did he actually direct these? 10 years ago he was doing that weird act where he dressed like the Unabomber.

Oh yea I'm mediocre? How am i mediocre?

He'll be too busy attempting to save asian mole rats while fighting white privilege

Why would I waste time arguing with a plebian? Pearls to swine dear fellow.

I like that I didn't see any posts like this before his speech at the Oscars. I think you people genuinely didn't know that he was a hippie and assumed he was "based" because he was in some movie where he played a loser like you.

I bet you prefer Leto's joker over Phoenix because he got the "hot and cool" standards in your pajeet country

Attached: 1582720943440.gif (540x290, 3.1M)

The movie was 6/10
I didnt expect anything from an unhinged actor raised in a hippy sex cult
>loser
Kek if you only knew

>keeps replying
I accepted your concession of defeat a few posts ago my friend, this is just me playing with my food

>The movie was 6/10
Biennale di Venezia, Michael Mann, Cahiers du Cinema and the vast majority of foreign critics seem to think its an 8/10 at least so unless you have a really good argument I'll go with their opinion

Yes he did. The videos was uploaded around 2009-2008 so his work on them was before his "I'm still here" phase
In one of the music videos Casey Affleck shows up in 3 seconds cameo so it was in the time they were close buddies.

>concession of defeat
Strange I don't recall that. Still,whatever helps you sleep at night chap.

Think whatever you like dear chap.It matters nothing to me. Given the current standard of movies an 8/10 is mediocre in my book.

You said you wouldn't make an argument to defend your retarded point remember, that's a pretty good admission of BTFO. Weird that we use to have three "joker is mediocre guys why no i don't have any arguments how can you tell" threads a day and then it stopped abruptly. It's almost like someone was paying for those threads and when they realized they were useless they shut it down haha

I thought I'd made it perfectly clear but how foolish of me.: sometime I forget 'm dealing with peasants here. I just simply can't be arsed chap.
Intolerance and laziness dear fellow.

>I just simply can't be arsed
Yet you keep on posting, even a brainlet incapable of following Todd Phillips movies will surely see this doesn't make any sense right?

In any case I'm off to bed chap. I thought this place would relieve boredom,but alas no worthy adversary was forthcoming. Your boorish,dim witted and infantile retorts have,however, cured my insomnia and for that I must thank you. For now I will bid you adieu,farewell and good evening dear fellow.

unoriginal and terribly written, it's only entertaining because Joaquin was overacting so hard that is actually funny

I can’t be the only one who felt bad for laughing at the dwarf being unable to open the door right after the horrible murder scene with scissors.

It’s a fucked up world we live in where joker is more of a symbol of freedom and hope in the future then fucking superman.

This fucked up world only exists because Snyder did such a piss poor job of making a Superman movie.

You know what else is fucked up, is if you look at all the posts criticizing Joker, every single one of them is ripping lines directly from the RLM video, and presenting them as if they're their own original thought.

Sure, remember Joker winning the golden lion and all the disneyshills backpedalling on their BIG BOI AWARD narrative, laughter helps with insomnia

just watched it yesterday, it's overrated

Just watched it yesterday, it is a perfect film.

I like the movie, i don't get the hate on Todd, his style is different than his previous works. I appreciate that he tries something different each time.

cringe is a legitimate word you retard. embarrassing doesn't cut it unfortunately. Just because it's overused here doesn't mean it has no meaning anymore. Being constantly on Yea Forums has ruined your brain.

It makes sense. Nobody just starting out in filmmaking can do a huge, high-budget action movie or comedy with A-listers. Student films tend to be more artsy, technical, and intellectual. So somebody who's made it to the top of the Hollywood ladder has probably already proved that they understand the deeper craft of filmmaking. I bet Michael Bay could do a pretty awesome low-budget, serious drama.

based

Prove it

Trump liked it