Altered Carbon

I just marathoned this, what did I think about it?

Attached: 28B8E6F2-582D-43AF-BCB7-88421A87FECE.jpg (500x750, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D40fXVzaU80
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

we wuz (altered) carbon

>jap turns himself into a nigger

*wuz

*will b

>and has sex with his black girlfriend after that

>implying any rational thinking adult heterosexual male would not choose the perfect black physique if he could

I just tried marathoning the second ep and tapped out half way through. The books are pretty pulpy, but at least they were relatively entertaining and creative, this just feels like a CW action-drama in a generic scifi setting.

It seems to be the same with all Netflix shows. It's just some gormless, mechanical retelling of the source material with nothing to say, and nothing to get excited about. The same thing with the Witcher. The read off the lines, the characters show up in the right places for the plot points, but there's no flavor to it. It's like when you get a side quest in an MMO and run through it without reading anything or taking in the sights, or getting into the lore, like when you're doing it for the tenth time, or you just want the XP or loot or something. Or really it's like watching someone else do that.

A black alpha male gets beat up and saved by smug black women over and over. You know a queer white woman is responsible for this shit.

> mechanical retelling of the source material with nothing to say, and nothing to get excited about.
That's the problem with this series though, they significantly changed vital plot points in the first season about what envoys are and who falconer is etc. and it seems to have totally fucked this season.
In the books Kovacs should be signed up with a mercenary outfit and be investigating alien ruins in the middle of a massive war, at the behest of a female researcher who might actually be a most-wanted male meth. But instead he's walking around bars with his pet AI and WOC partner simping for falconer who is now his lost lover. It's boring.

I like the 1st season for the most part, I'm trying to watch the 1st episode of the 2nd now. Feels hard to get through.

> noticeably cheaper budget
> all the new actors are terrible
> almost no nudity or bloody violence

wtf happened ?!

I think I dropped the first season when a holographic Edgar Allen Poe was sitting around with a bunch of other AIs playing a game and I thought, this might have been interesting in the books somehow, but it really isn't in the show. And then I literally fell asleep.

MISCAST.

Joel Kinoman = threatening, tour de force, great screen presence, wide range.

Anthony MCU = only one emotion, black speech and mannerisms, no range, charisma void.

They should find a way to bring back Kinoman

>black speech and mannerisms
I see you've never met a black person.

No idea who he was but I though Kovacs Prime had better range than the two of them. Mackie is definitely the worst though.

Attached: E800D7F4-398A-4D42-A9AA-5E2A512443A5.jpg (480x480, 37K)

he literally pronounces words like a stereotypical black man from the tv/films like runnin gunnin

he is a miscast you can't deny

even the asian singer (his sleeve from the start) had better portrayal as takeshi kovacs than mackie.

>mechanical retelling of the source material
except they didn't even do that. AC s2 is literally just woke netflix writers cannibalizing the books to make up for their complete lack of creativity. The books are vastly different.

The main thing is asian tak was his old self from way back so some character differences are acceptable. Kinoman vs Mackie feel like two entirely different people despite only being a few years apart in the timeline.

Didn’t Poe get irreversibly deleted by the ugly Asian dude in S1?

Possibly the greatest instance of unintentional comedy I've ever come across was when in season one Tak pronounces "You'll never get her jaeger" only for an orbital laser to fry Quell's ship. I laughed for a solid three minutes. Fuck QuellChrist Falconer and fuck netflix.

Attached: NUKE+IT+FROM+ORBIT+IT+S+THE+ONLY+WAY+_fdc3fd93de9e9e47d340b7b49be01606.jpg (1600x891, 166K)

Yeah. Then the smoothbrained showrunners decided he was enough of a fan favorite to retcon it so he was instead badly damaged. Worse still his version in S2 is irritating rather than enjoyable and we're left wondering as the viewer why he's back in the first place.

Which also reminds me. Since there were now apparently alien weapons platforms surrounding the entire planet save a small gap how was Quell supposed to escape in that ship to begin with? Do these writers have no sense of continuity?

He did and he never reappears after the first book. Guess the TV writers thought they needed to keep some of the old cast around where possible.

It’s also kind of unbelievable for Kovacs to have an actual travelling companion.

First season was kino. Second season is terrible. Anthony Mackie can’t act for shit. Only has a career in Hollywood because muh diversity. He’s a nigger and and a faggot ticks two boxes.

I guess they kinda forgot.

>and a faggot
I looked it up out of curiosity and it said he had a wife up until a recent divorce and three kids. Where are you getting the gay thing from?

>kind of forgot
Do I detect the fell hand of DABID in this season's shittiness?

Attached: benioff.jpg (780x441, 19K)

Fellas I already did the research about why this season sucked so hard. This is the new showrunner. A living embodiment of tumblr.

Attached: Alison+Schapker+Netflix+Altered+Carbon+Season+GQIpE3ThujMl.jpg (468x600, 78K)

Does this person look like someone that you would want to run a show about gratuitous pulp sci fi sex and violence?

Attached: Alison_Schapker.jpg (340x395, 22K)

>proceeds to outfight military commandos with centuries of experience wearing bodies that are ostensibly organic power armor
heh, nothin personal silly boyz

Attached: download (1).jpg (319x158, 5K)

Got half way through episode 1 of season 2 and quit.

youtube.com/watch?v=D40fXVzaU80

oh no HAHA

Attached: 1485059987514.jpg (345x336, 214K)

A most wise and commendable decision user

The woke rebels were the worst thing about season 1 and the main difference from the books and then they tripled down on that shit for season 2.

How do these talentless ideologue fucks manage to invade every sphere? May coronachan strike netflix down and all its degenerates.

They should have killed the Kovacs stack there in the first episode when he/she still had that swagger.

Attached: d298234a779636c463bf25e7dbcf139f.png (1920x1080, 1.52M)

I watched the first 2 eps and it feels like a big step down from season 1 for some reason

Season 2 may suck but Mackie is based irl

Given how different things are from the books they may as well have permakilled nuKovacs and had old Tak mercilessly kill Quell then go awol for what Jaeger did. It would honestly have been more satisfying than the shit ending we got.

The original showrunner was a woman but one that actually did some decent movies like Alita, Avatar and Alexander, so not some SJW ideologue and also looks like a nerdy woman.

Attached: vfC4zu2BU6zAABpQZTnzbya2OGU.jpg (666x1000, 65K)

See

>Hair not dyed
>hints of nerdiness but not in an overt fashion
Yeah she checks out as probably fine.

Shouldn’t have recast Jaegers actor imo, the new guy had really no range and sounded like Grunt from Mass Effect.

They want new Jaegers as replacement for S1 white kovacs

>every time someone says Quellcrist Falconer

Attached: p04pcsqj.jpg (1200x675, 91K)

Satan asking the hard questions

At least the critics seem to like it.

>significantly changed vital plot points in the first season about what envoys are and who falconer is etc.
I tried to explain this to a friend but he shrugged it off as 'so what it's an adaptation they're not going to copy it word for word.' His argument for not preserving the book unaltered was "Starship Troopers was a great movie that was barely anything like the novel," and I suppose that's a decent argument in a vacuum, but we're seeing the consequences of such a drastic simplification of Tak's character (and the setting as a whole) from what he was as an envoy operating under quasi-license by the protectorate to Le Ebin ThE LaST ENVoY Of Falconer's Rebellion.

i like it too altered carbon is a guilty pleasure of mine. wish other sci fi shows were this good.

S1 has great world building and atmosphere, Poe is a great character, gratuitous nudity that has an in-universe explanation, and Latina cop has a fantastic nude body.

S2 has none of the above except Poe and nothing to replace it. It's a lukewarm, Disney version of the show with worse characters.

Honestly, yeah you could easily shoot back that while SST was a great movie AC season 2 was garbage so the whole breaking from the books move didn't really work for them did it? The worst irony is that they constantly talk up the envoys like they're hot shit but by contrast to their book version they're absolute fucking clowns.

Let's be honest. S2 Poe was shit compared to his earlier iteration to boot.

I mean, Season 2 is okay as a Syfy channel production with more effects budget. Season 1 was beautiful though. Hoping they won't fuck up Foundation (it's from the same production company)

>Hoping they won't fuck up Foundation
They almost assuredly will

Haven't seen season 2 yet. How was my wife, Ortega, this season? Anymore kino bathtub scenes?

Attached: ortega.jpg (1280x1920, 266K)

You really don't understand the premise of the show at all.

>Do you like to turn yourself into a double digits IQ gorilla?
Yeah, sure.

I liked the first season. Once they filled it with niggers and wokeness, the quality nose dived. I couldn't even make it through the first episode.

Attached: homo erectus.jpg (521x522, 85K)

Because I made a somewhat joking post about a particular character being attractive? Fuck off, brainlet

This is actually in line how it goes down in the book, so yeah. The first season was also in line with the book, since he also got a white cop's body there too.

How did the Envoys get such a feared reputation when they hardly did anything?

>literally pronounces words like a stereotypical black man from the tv/films like runnin gunnin
So he speaks normal

we're not supposed to watch it because the author of the books is a TERF.

nawmsayin rick?

has y'alls had a stroke or somethin'? you know, a cerebrovascular inciden'?

trump wants to deport THIS?

wtf i love mexico now

He is??

Keeeek

Don't you mean Whoretega?

The new Kovacs is terribly miscasted. Instead of an omnipotent, fearsome and borderline sociopathic legendary fighter he now is some random action character. He doesn't even feel like the main character of the show, that's how weak and one dimensional he is.

The entire season is just so generic and has none of the charm of the first season. Season 1 = soul, season 2 = soulless

The AI shit was painfully obviously written by a woman

Attached: chica.gif (223x240, 1.59M)