I believe everyone deserves a second chance Zuko

>I believe everyone deserves a second chance Zuko
>Except your sister, bitch is crazy lol
What did he mean by this?

Attached: url(49).jpg (1000x1000, 115.68K)

Zuko was just angry but a good guy at heart, Azula was evil.

Zuko could redeem himself without drastic measures. Azula was too far into a rotten mind to be reasoned with. She could MAYBE be helped but only once they knocked her down from power.
I'm actually really glad they took this route and didn't pull a Steven Universe where every single confrontation can be resolved with the power of the heart.

>What did he mean by this?
Fuck your sister Zuko, fuck her until she goes totally crazy,... that might cure her

in any case have fun

Inb4 the Azula simp comicfag posts the same panels about her being mistreated in the insane asylum to prove that she's just misunderstood.

Attached: forklift.png (628x741, 552.42K)

No where does Iroh ever state that everyone deserves a second chance. Evil monsters like Ozai and Azula deserved to be locked up

Just..

>AIEEEEEEEEEEEEE FORKLIFT-SAMA!!!!!!!

When does Iroh say everyone deserves a second chance?

She almost killed him.

Attached: main-qimg-8ab17aaec70b3642284e772eb1d0281c-lq.jpg (602x430, 50.72K)

He gave an opening, she just jumped at the chance, pretty sloppy for an ex-general.

Objectively speaking, she would have attacked the weakest link in that human wall without making it personal.

He said Azula had to go down, which is true.
Both Iroh and Zuko had to suffer a fall from grace before they reevaluated their lives, and never would have if say Lu Ten survived or if Ozai was less of a tool. If Zuko had tried to talk no jutsu Azula instead of fight her, she might have killed him.

>I'm actually really glad they took this route and didn't pull a Steven Universe where every single confrontation can be resolved with the power of the heart.

That's only because they didn't make S4 as they planned where Azula would got her own redemption arc

I call BS on the very notion there was a season 4 planned. The whole series was built to facilitate Aang's ultimate showdown with Ozai, what could you even do with the series that wouldn't be a tremendous step down in terms of stakes?

The guy is an ex-fire nation general, and old habits die hard, one of those being the borderline autistic hatred of anything considered as "weak"
He hates azula because he sees in her the same emotional weakness he once suffered from, himself
It may not be a conscious thing, but he absolutely does hate her
Azula is strong from a bending point of view, but from an emotional one she is a glass canon, one small mistep and she shatters, as can be seen at the end with her going full schizo
Iroh too suffered from the same kind of breakdown when his son died, breakdown which allowed his brother to usurp the throne and take the power for himself
He managed to put himself back together in time, but he realizes that azula will never be able to, simply because she has no one to help her along the way
Zuko may be emotional and reckless, but he will never fall as low as either his sister or uncle, he is strong internally

Rebuilding the world, search Zuko's mom etc, although all of this ended up being a downgrade on the comics but the reason is mainly because it was written by a different person.

One of these things is NOT like the others
One of these things just doesn't belong
Can you tell which of these things laughed at her brother getting his face half cooked by the time I finish this song?

>She needs to go down!
>Yeah, but on meh cawk lol

Attached: 20220425_181440.jpg (411x507, 126.59K)

It still wouldn't take away from how they first had to fight Azula and make her pay for her misdeeds. If After that they talk it out, sure, it can happen, but it wasn't the only route taken like it was pretty much always the case in SU.

That Azula was a crazy bitch and trying to help her would take exponentially more effort than anyone else

It's called "picking your battles" - it's not that Azula is irredeemable, but what the fuck can he do at that point in time?

>knocked her down
knocked her up*

Who does Zuko belong to?

He was trying to get between Zuko and Azula so she wouldn't be his sister-wife. He failed.

He didn't, he said he believes in second chance but that's kinda it

You have to actually want a second chance. And Azula clearly didn't.

It's the most practical angle. There are people out there that are just misguided but ultimately reasonable and open to discourse. Others though are just too far gone, drowned in their own Kool-Aid no matter how politely you approach them. There's people right now who can't even begin thinking there's a need for a second chance until they first suffer for what they've done.
If anything they showed Azula mercy.

>>I believe everyone deserves a second chance Zuko
>>Except your sister, bitch is crazy lol
>What did he mean by this?
Azula was actively a danger to him and Zuko's lives and probably knew from personal experience that the only way she would could be reasoned with is after falling from grace.

Besides, in The Search he advocates for Azula to join Zuko's search party because he thinks it will give her peace.

Attached: Iroh wants Azula to find peace.jpg (572x616, 153.98K)

>The guy is an ex-fire nation general, and old habits die hard, one of those being the borderline autistic hatred of anything considered as "weak"
>He hates azula because he sees in her the same emotional weakness he once suffered from, himself
>It may not be a conscious thing, but he absolutely does hate her
>Azula is strong from a bending point of view, but from an emotional one she is a glass canon, one small mistep and she shatters, as can be seen at the end with her going full schizo
>Iroh too suffered from the same kind of breakdown when his son died, breakdown which allowed his brother to usurp the throne and take the power for himself
>He managed to put himself back together in time, but he realizes that azula will never be able to, simply because she has no one to help her along the way
>Zuko may be emotional and reckless, but he will never fall as low as either his sister or uncle, he is strong internally
So who was Uncle Iroh's Uncle Iroh?

Azula literally did nothing wrong except be a competent soldier for the "wrong" side aka her homeland

Attached: 1620550579102.png (863x641, 447.16K)

>Azula literally did nothing wrong except be a competent soldier for the "wrong" side aka her homeland
So what about attempting to kill her own mother? Or kidnapping a bunch of children? What is the excuse for that?

I'm just pointing out that the time he said that Azula had to go down was after she almost killed him. I don't know why people hold it against him. Was he supposed to immediately forgive her?

>So what about attempting to kill her own mother?

Attached: Noriko says sorry to Azula.jpg (1280x1920, 1.04M)

He's right that she needed to be taken down a peg to start building herself up again. After that happens is when you make the effort to help her. What people misunderstand about that is inner peace isn't achieved via atonement and forgiveness, Iroh doesn't really work to get any of that for years, kind of just focusing on himself then making an effort when the opportunity presents itself.

When people think "redemption" for some reason they think it's about wanting her to suddenly become part of the gaang an everyone's best friend, I'd be content just with her finding closure.

Well her mom leaving her in what was essentially an abusive household certainly didnt help her mental stability.

The less said about what Ozai did to her mental state the better.

>Or kidnapping a bunch of children?
1/2

Attached: Fire Warriors kidnap Kiyi.jpg (1800x2700, 1.11M)

fanfiction and not relevant when Iroh was saying his "sage" bullshit

2/2

Attached: The Fire Warriors, Kiyi, and Ukano.jpg (2806x2042, 941.47K)

>I'd be content just with her finding closure.
She is never going to find closure tho.>Others though are just too far gone, drowned in their own Kool-Aid no matter how politely you approach them. There's people right now who can't even begin thinking there's a need for a second chance until they first suffer for what they've done.
>If anything they showed Azula mercy.
I wonder how /co is going to react when Azula does something irreversibly irredeemable and is either killed or de-bended and throw in jail for life?>No where does Iroh ever state that everyone deserves a second chance. Evil monsters like Ozai and Azula deserved to be locked up
Yet Zuko forgot this and now Azula is mostly going to get a lot of people killed and/or maimed. Thanks Zuko.
>fanfiction
I am citing canon. You are citing your feels.

Attached: TRPG Aang Era Description of Azula.png (427x332, 151.21K)

>I believe everyone deserves a second chance Zuko
>Except the citizens of Ba Sing Se, they deserved to burn to death in my flames
Hudson would never

Attached: one_old_warrior_to_another_by_swashbookler_d49s4vm-fullview.jpg (900x677, 73.83K)

The reaction would be "wow the comics suck" so not much different to now just with a bit more material.

Iron was just bitter after getting shot by lightning by Azula.

>Zero lewds of spikyhair emo kunoichi
fuck this gay world

You can't fix a fucked up head + years of brainwashing and shit parenthood. She was born a crazy bitch, she died a crazy bitch. You can't fix that

Attached: uncle.jpg (1000x1000, 157.22K)

I don't think Avatar really is about "everyone deserves a second chance". Zuko being redeemable and capable of moral growth does not mean everyone is or is willing to be.

Ah but if you dick her hard enough, then she will be fixed, yes? Her own fucking mother tried to talk to her and she was dismissed. Your little cock ain't gonna do shit, even the world's best orgasm will be but a minor distraction

Attached: uncle.jpg (1000x1000, 140.08K)

>I don't think Avatar really is about "everyone deserves a second chance". Zuko being redeemable and capable of moral growth does not mean everyone is or is willing to be.
Kuvira, Eska, Densa, Hiroshi Sato, Varrick, and Zaheer all got redeemed and/or showed moral growth despite being as evil, if not worse than Azula. Especially since none of them grew up in the 100 Year War era FN and had the benefit of learning from the FN's mistakes.

If you wanna fuck her, cum on her feet and turn her into modern art, thats ok but you cant deny that in the show, your waifu was bonkers, bing bing yahoo, wackity wacko, mental fucked up

Attached: uncle.jpg (1000x1000, 108.41K)

>When some is pretending to have a conservation with themselves just to push Zucest

TLOK was way more dumb in it's writing, that's your explanation.
Also i wouldn't say that Zaheer was redeemed, he helped Korra and Obi-Wan himself

Plot twist: That worked

Attached: Rising-Heat-Aarokira-30[1].jpg (993x1300, 382.9K)

The creators didn't plan that. Ehasz had some ideas in that regard that contrasted drastically with the three-season IP Bible Bryke were working with since early on. There were minor variations on that plan (Aang and Katara weren't going to end up together, the Gaang was going to separate as Aang would go off to search for any surviving Airbenders, and Katara and Sokka would go back to the Southern Water Tribe, Toph was originally going to be a guy) but the broad strokes of it remained in place. I know he wanted the chance to do that, but it's not like that was realistic to do a fourth season after the main plot and central arcs have been resolved already.

Anyone using the comics for any purpose is missing the point. We're talking about the show on its own context. Auxiliary material most people who watched the show won't ever read and which was developed by a different creative team entirely might as well be officially endorsed fanfiction.

>I call BS on the very notion there was a season 4 planned.
Depends what you mean by "planned". There was an IP bible that outlined a structure of Aang learning three elements over a three part story, culminating in the fight with the Fire Lord. There were some discussions of what to do if there was a season 4, and Ehasz especially wanted to do one, but it didn't work out ultimately.

It's a theme of the third season that everyone has room for growth and a chance, it's why Aang spent most of the Ozai fight trying to talk no jutsu him until he used energy bending as the ultimate last resort, almost losing by doing it.

It showed a side of the fire nation where they are being indoctrinated but it seemed something you could fix in impressionable minds. They show Ozai's baby picture when Aang is struggling morally with having to kill Ozai or not to show no one is born outright bad.

A core tenant of Aang's beliefs is everyone deserves a second chance, but the show also goes out of it's way to point out it's not always feasible though you should still make the effort.

>It's a theme of the third season that everyone has room for growth and a chance
Where was Ozai's growth?
>it's why Aang spent most of the Ozai fight trying to talk no jutsu him until he used energy bending as the ultimate last resort
Minute by minute of the fight, this is objectively false. Aang pretty much gave Ozai the chance to end it there at the beginning without fighting, which Ozai didn't take because he was enamored with his own power. Aang denied multiple chances to take Ozai's life, because he didn't want to become a killer, to become simply a weapon to be turned against the Fire Lord, and he found a way to neutralize Ozai's power without ending his life, but Aang was under no delusions he could simply get through to Ozai then and there by talking to him.

People like Azula are snakes at heart especially if, as shown, they pull this kind of stuff since childhood. They have so much fun. They're never going to stop manipulating, it's the best activity ever. If you're a snake lover then you can keep them in your sleeve and sick them at your enemies but never forget you're holding venomous snakes in your sleeves.

Attached: 1636653942289.gif (438x363, 2.25M)

>might have

t. american jew

Both Ozai and Azula are fucking nutjobs

Ozai didn't have growth in the show, but showing the baby portrait plus the state of the fire nation, the youth especially, as well as Iroh talking about their family demonstrates that he at one point had the potential for it, because everyone does. Hell even Sozin comes off as a good guy until he doesn't in the flashbacks. It's not a "everyone should find inner peace or be forgiven and sing together" message, it's just pointing out that everyone in the show is capable of it even if they can't see it.

That's Iroh's entire character, he's an ex war general that laid siege to a city for 600 days that was laughing/joking at the thought of razing it to the ground, then his son died and he went through a journey of self reflection to end up a good guy. That's why he's perfect for guiding Zuko.