Why is it, that when a show has a female protagonist, it is so rare for her to have a male love interest...

Why is it, that when a show has a female protagonist, it is so rare for her to have a male love interest? I guarantee these two are the only ones you could think of

Attached: feminterest.jpg (3264x1298, 271.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iEV_pQIf3Og
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>falling in love with your best friend
fuck this trope

why?

Aeon
also, from memory:
- Lou! the daughter and the mother Emma
- Marinette from Miraculous
- Les Sisters, the older sister
- Yumi and Ulrich, Aelita and Jeremie from Code Lyoko
- Cybersix and Lucas
- Daphne and Fred
- Cleopatra in Space and Antony
- Chel and whatshisname
- Manuella and and Tony from Lascars

Attached: aeonkisstrevor.png (461x351, 124.46K)

>it is so rare for her to have a male love interest?
no reason for there to be one

no reason against having one either

Huh? I feel like there's more that do than don't
Like how many examples are there of what you're saying here?

spreads the message that boy and girl can't be friends, very shit thing to teach kids

But thats correct.

Lots of counter examples, like Candace

When it doesn't happen, it's because the writer is male and can't write a woman who loves a man. He can only write a protagonist who acts like a man, and so we get "hot girl on girl action" stroke material.

Attached: candace.jpg (864x486, 45.25K)

that's just something people should learn with their own experiences

Hey guess what, it's a shitty lesson to teach adults too.

youtube.com/watch?v=iEV_pQIf3Og

Gives boys hope that their actually legitimately cool female friends might actually like them, but it turns out that they're a turbo lesbian, which would explain why they hang out with dudes, doing dude things in the first place.
Sets em up for heartbreak and boom you end up on here.

Attached: 1564257392794.gif (490x360, 1.16M)

why? that's miserable

I’m bisexual, and a relationship is a natural next step for every close friendship, if you both feel ready and want it.
You should date your friends, people you love and trust. Stop forcing toxic shit on people.

Attached: Murray.jpg (480x479, 47.47K)

Pepper Anne.

How is that bad a thing? You’re telling me your lover and partner shouldn’t also be your best friend?

I don't want to have sex with every friend I have, sorry you're fucked in the head

You’re the one fucked in the head if all you think about is fucking. There’s nothing better and purer than sexual attraction that arises from romantic feelings, and not vice versa.

Miraculous.

>relationship without sex
but that's literally a friendship you retard

Why is it, that when a show has a female protagonist, it is so rare for her to have a male love interest?
You just posted a reason why. Those fucking suck

>thinks sex is required for romantic love
What a sad individual you are.

>being satisfied with a sexless relationship
lmao cuck

Nobody said you did you ignorant slut, what they said was that IF you have feelings for a friend that develop beyond friendship, you should pursue it if possible.

Because that's how relationships actually start, a common interest, a shared opinion, where it plateaus is dependent on the preferences and desires of the individuals involved.

People and the dynamics between them can either stagnate, mutate, evolve, or expire. But nothing can happen until action is taken by either person.

Not every relationship starts with a total stranger talking up and saying, "Hey wanna fuck"

Just like 25% of them, tops.

50% is friends introducing their friends to other people so THEY can bang.

>doesn’t know what’s it’s like to be in love for real
Oof.

Picrel had potential but the writers are currently in the middle of squandering it.

Attached: Mariner and Boimler.jpg (1008x1008, 223.71K)

Tumblr/twitter dykes usually write the show and try to ""stick it to the man"".

Now I challenge you to name a mainstream show with a male protagonist where he's got a male love interest.

that's actually a very human thing between men and women. When you spend a lot of time with somebody and enjoy it and they aren't utterly repulsive (even this is variable) you'll usually start to develop more feelings beyond friendship. At worst it's just one sided. It's a hell of a lot more realistic than the love at first sight guy/girl or firecracker who shakes up a person's life that dominates most romantic stories

This is also the best and most lasting kind of relationships out there, and for some reason (((they))) are trying to tell us that it’s a bad thing.

and when your friend doesn't reciprocate your feelings? you just ruined a perfectly good friendship, good job
trying to have a romantic relationship with anyone just because they share the same interest as you is about the fucking dumbest thing I've read here

This is backwards as fuck. What we should do instead is stop peer pressuring people into fucking and dating, and socialize kids from the young age to befriend the opposite sex. Then, when they actually develop feelings for their friends, you know it’s real.
The society is fucked, but there’s nothing wrong about friendships between men and women that turn into relationships. It’s actually the best thing ever.

The most toxic thing is trying to push the belief that friendship and romance are somehow mutually exclusive.

kipo?

Maybe you just came on a bit too desperate there bud.

Ladybug and Cat Noir. I'm fairly sure he's a dude.

>Gives boys hope that their actually legitimately cool female friends might actually like them, but it turns out that they're a turbo lesbian, which would explain why they hang out with dudes, doing dude things in the first place
Wew lad that’s a lot of projection, not every female who likes guy things is a lesbian.
Fat autismo NEET (me) became discord friends with a really sweet guy from Eastern Europe during lockdown, we fell for each other and met IRL for the first time a few weeks ago.
It could happen to you too, you just have to keep an open mind and not have a defeatist attitude.

>discord

What the hell are you on user? Female led shows that don't have love interests generally get male love interests. Female love interests are the exceptions not the norm.

and what do you think about best friends of the same gender falling in love?

They are. Romantic relationships are on a fundamentally different level from mere friendship.

It can happen, but it's far, FAR less common. As much as everyone seems to think otherwise, same-sex attraction only occurs within a very small percentage of the world's population.

I may be a little bit salty about my rejection. and still havent completely let it go some years later.
I really liked that girl too,.

Modern cartoons are a LGBTQ+ propaganda/grooming platform backed by the Jews to contribute to population control of the servant races/classes.

Fuck off

Juniper Lee.

Then how you get gf?

Some people just don't understand how much of a gamble it is.

who's that on the left?

I've often expressed romantic interest and not one of my friends rejected me for it.

you don't want to know

star and marco.

Best couples are also good friends.

This femanon speaks a great truth. I befriended my GF through a Simpsons website back in 2014 and we've been a couple for what will be 7 years in a few weeks time. Currently getting shit sorted out for me to move so we can start a fresh life together.

Is the left one an edit? I don't recall Marco and Star actually kissing

>Newfag

Attached: 20220415_183829.jpg (238x131, 24.04K)

He's got more examples in his favor than you do

Boy and girl CAN be friends, and this is why they can fall in love. No love at first sight bullshit. Imagine being so emotionally backwards.

Anyone who’s not a heterofag understands that people naturally want to form relationships with people they really like.

Yeah, and how much it hurts if you lose.

It’s not a trope; it’s real life.