I really liked Snuff Box and Peep Show, what are some other good British comedies?

I really liked Snuff Box and Peep Show, what are some other good British comedies?

Attached: EBFF6787-EEE9-43D9-8838-F75873CA62CC.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oZdrVo8ERyQ&list=PLxDPfc90nJPv19LbND3prwtE-IoADtqJc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But no laugh tracks please

Attached: 754E981B-D2F4-4EF7-A34D-37AB08BAE7FD.jpg (519x500, 29K)

Here's some to try. Ignoring obvious Python/Towers/Porridge/Blackadder etc
Brasseye
The Day today
Mighty Boosh
Look Around You
Spaced
Mongrels
Early Coupling and 2 pints of lager (first few episodes)

There's loads best to go on Amazon build up a list and see what tickles your whistle.

i've heard detectorists is comfy, is it worth it lads? canadian but get oddly wistful about you grey-souled fellows

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

Nathan Barley. Might be too based for you though.

These plus Black Books, The IT Crowd, The Office, The Goodies, Jam.

greetings fellow traveller

Attached: 1481.jpg (876x500, 55K)

Definitely. Also check out:
Fifteen Storeys High
The Armundo Ianucci Show

If you like Matt Berry in particular, Toast of London and Year of the Rabbit are two more of his. The latter isn't as good as he didn't write it, but it has its moments.

S I L L Y
W
A
L
K

Ideal is underrated
fuck the beeb for cancelling it

Alan Partridge

The cockney training montage got me.

Him and Her

The Elephant Man was great. Played by King Alfred from The Last Kingdom so kino all the way through.

league of gentlemen

Some of my personal favourites, in no particular order... just whatever comes to my mind first:

>Monkey Dust
>Anything with the Alan Partridge character, pretty much
Season 1 of I'm Alan Partridge is probably the best out of all shows featuring the character in my opinion and a good place to start.
>The Office (UK version)
Most yanks and zoomers have only seen the US version. The UK version arguably far superior.
>Look Around You
>Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
>Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle
>The Armando Iannucci Shows
Every episode is on Youtube I believe. An absolute overlooked gem. It debuted on tv the week that 9/11 happened so pretty much no one watched it when it came out.
>Attention Scum
This one's pretty obscure and weird but I highly recommend it. Pretty sure it's also been on youtube in full for ages.
>Nathan Barley
>Brass Eye
>Bottom
>Fawlty Towers
A classic which everyone should have seen though you might find it too dated.
>Limmy's Show

That's all I can think of for now.

Attached: The-Armando-Iannucci-Shows.jpg (1000x1000, 273K)

Only Fools and Horses

Still Game. If you can decipher the Scottish accents.

Based choice.

Attached: darkplace.gif (400x225, 1.82M)

The Young Ones

>blasts shotgun into the ceiling
>"this is a hospital for godsakes"

Here's a link to every episode of The Armando Iannucci Shows:

youtube.com/watch?v=oZdrVo8ERyQ&list=PLxDPfc90nJPv19LbND3prwtE-IoADtqJc

Hopefully not blocked in your country. It's a sketch show with a vague running theme for each episode, not a sitcom like Peep Show... but it has a vaguely similar kind of bleak mood.

From wikipedia:
> Each episode focused on specific themes relating to human nature and existentialism, around which Iannucci would weave a series of surreal sketches and monologues.
>Recurring themes in the episodes are the superficiality of modern culture, our problems communicating with each other, the mundane nature of working life and feelings of personal inadequacy and social awkwardness.

Attached: bring back hanging.jpg (725x562, 28K)

What country are you from OP?

Is Fleabag & Inside No. 9 worth a watch?

>Inside No.9
It's an anthology so quite hit or miss depending on the episode and theme. I think it's been more bad than good overall, but when it's good it's very good -- that type of thing. It tends to be better when it goes the drama route than comedy.

I loved Detectorists. It used to be on Netflix but I think it was removed

USA, Boston specifically

fuck the Celtics.

This person is wrong. Inside No.9 is the best comedy programme since Toast of London. And most episodes are decent. There is maybe only one or two genuinely bad episodes in the whole series. And it's the only good thing on TV

For me, Its The Inbetweeners, the Best British comedy show.

It's maybe in the top 10 of the 21st century but it's not the best

Fleabag is cringe kino.

Hold up. Is that man wearing blackface?

Attached: 1576810353383.gif (384x378, 2.18M)

No, it's Moss from the IT crowd

Nighty night

Watched all of Nighty Night last week on iplayer. First series was brilliant. Second series was total shit.

watch nathan barley

Trying to think of a show that hasn't been mentioned already.

Check out Shooting Stars. It uses a panel show format but the humour is not like regular British panel shows. It's like surreal slapstick absurd humour with real celebrity guests that don't know what the fuck is going on. The early seasons are much better than the later ones. I honestly don't know where you'd find full episodes online though. Even most of the clips on Youtube are mostly from the later seasons and were uploaded in like 2007 in terrible quality.

Attached: shooting stars.jpg (1200x868, 119K)