The last 2d hand animated cartoon in our life times that isnt made by a 110+ year old company with 110 year old money

>the last 2d hand animated cartoon in our life times that isnt made by a 110+ year old company with 110 year old money
youtu.be/Sd4euOxe0WQ

Attached: 1634143423946.webm (1280x720, 2.31M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Bti-WdOg9jY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Green Eggs and Ham really was a surprise gift in animation and writing
And no one will discuss it outside here because there are no gays and it's "too goofy"

and season 2 is the last season we are going to get. people making it a personality trait to hate anything cgi, wish for 2d to come back but then let something like Green eggs and ham die is truly a disappointment.

Attached: 1641325667528.webm (886x494, 2.25M)

Attached: 1648342857952.webm (1000x562, 2.82M)

>people making it a personality trait to hate anything cgi, wish for 2d to come back but then let something like Green eggs and ham die is truly a disappointment.

Same thing with shows and movies. The most vocal people want something different and unique instead of the same shit we got for decades.
Then when they do make something unique and different from the generic cliche fare nobody pays attention.
This is the reason why studios take the safe way out and are rebooting and reviving already existing IPs or making a new show like popular show out there.

>Green Eggs and Ham really was a surprise gift in animation and writing
Meh. The animation may be fluid, but overall the show wasn't all that pleasant to look at, which is really all that matters to me when it comes to this stuff. The CGI was an eyesore, the bright colors were ugly, and some character designs were just kind of off-putting, especially Sam's. He only looks cute in fanart.

The writing wasn't all that good either. It's a serialized show like all Netflix cartoons, and it has some interesting ideas in it, but it was overall kinda kiddie and disappointing.

>And no one will discuss it outside here because it's "too goofy"
That's a valid reason to not discuss something. There's usually not much stuff to say about whimsical shows for kids such as GEAH because they're not particularly deep or complex. This one wasn't even particluarly memeable or good as a comedy.

bump

>It's a serialized show like all Netflix cartoons
Buddy Thunderstruck was a serialized show?

Pretty much this.
The traditional animation, in and of itself, was definitely a good technical achievement, but the character designs and general art direction was pretty lacking. It just goes to show that no matter how good the animation itself is, it won’t save a show that has lackluster writing/designs.

Gonna disagree with you there, the colors, CGI and Sam's design were fine even if not eye catching. Some of the background designs were interesting to look at however.
The only design I found somewhat weird was Guy's. Something about him having cutesy eyes like Sam's but everything in his face screaming 'old guy looks' looked weird to me.

I have no idea, since I haven't watched it, but judging by your reply I'm guessing it's not.
So there:
>"GEAH is a serialized show like most Netflix cartoons"
Happy now?

>the last 2d hand animated cartoon in our life times that isnt made by a 110+ year old company with 110 year old money

It's owned by Warner fag

>Sam's design
I just find it ugly. He's an uncanny mix of childlike and elderly physical characteristics, like his his head fur that makes him look like Scrooge McDuck (aka heavily balding old man), as well as masculine and feminine traits (like his giant juicy ass.) I often enjoy androgynous character designs, but Sam's creeps me out, and his voice, personality and background are not helping matters. He's an all-around grating and creepy character.

Attached: ducks.jpg (1000x562, 67.29K)

Not that user, but for some reason it’s the doll-like eyes and lack of teeth on most of the characters that irk me.

The character designs remind me of the Raggedy Anne and Andy animated movie designs, which didn’t help my doll phobia.

Aren't some of those complaints more about the original work than the cartoon? Sam always had the Scrooge cheeks, and his tendency to badger others until they give in was from the book as well.

Attached: 8.jpg (1136x804, 143.06K)

I still don't know why they "updated" the character designs for the show when they were going to be faithful to the art from the book.

they would have complained more.

How would they even know the difference?

>doll phobia.
Show me on the doll where he touched you.

Green Eggs and Ham was cliche, boring garbage with bland animation.

Even you want to see Dr. Seuss done right, see Chuck Jone's Grinch.

>Even you want to see Dr. Seuss done right, see Chuck Jone's Grinch.
Ignoring than "Jone's" is not how you write the posessive for Jones', Dr. Seuss was not really happy with how the Grinch turned out by him, he let him do it because him and Jones were in the army. Seuss felt the best adaptation of his work is Ralph Bakshi's The Butter Race Book.

>Aren't some of those complaints more about the original work than the cartoon?
Not really, I have no problem with the original designs and characterization (or lack thereof.)
>Sam always had the Scrooge cheeks, and his tendency to badger others until they give in was from the book as well.
You're missing the point. Book version of Sam isn't childlike or feminine in personality or appearance, or like 30 years old, he looks like an old loon because that's probably what he's meant to be. The show version is cutesified which made it all creepy.

yeah we should have gotten more illumination movies which were terrible even more illumination standards. am i a super contrarian now?

Attached: 1640760277454.jpg (3600x1500, 347.24K)

>like his his head fur that makes him look like Scrooge McDuck (aka heavily balding old man)
I dont see that but its probably because I'm not into that duck show.
See it far more with Guy who has the skin features of a older middle age guy around his mouth.
>as well as masculine and feminine traits (like his giant juicy ass.)
For as much as that gets memed around I at least dont notice it much. Tho even when its not part of a gag dude does have some curves.
>lack of teeth
Consider the following

Attached: Sam teeth.png (638x1000, 217.77K)

>pic
Jesus christ how horrifying
>See it far more with Guy who has the skin features of a older middle age guy around his mouth.
Guy is supposed to look old though, it's mentioned in the show that he aged prematurely because he frowns so much.
It showcases his personality.
>For as much as that gets memed around I at least dont notice it much. Tho even when its not part of a gag dude does have some curves.
The ass is fat, and the upper body is small, so he looks feminine. The book version of Sam is more twiggy and has narrower face, so he looks more like a regular man.
I think Sam from the book is also a bit more wrinkly. He's short like the cartoon version, but that just makes him look like he's shrunk with age, like those tiny grandmas and grandpas from cartoons and anime.

Attached: 1649557091289.jpg (1920x1080, 361.8K)

>Green Eggs and Ham
>Lackluster writing
You probably watch Owl House too kek

I don't like the lighting/shading/colours
Doesn't feel like Dr seuss

I just don't like Seuss.

>am i a super contrarian now?

almost. you need to have taste.

No one with taste needs validation in Yea Forums.

didnt sew the 2nd season, how does it compare to the 1st?

A bit worse and more boring than it imo.

ass

Attached: ass.jpg (342x452, 49.58K)

>That's a valid reason to not discuss something.
Oh come on, it's not like it's TTGO or anything.

You're right, TTGo gets more discussion.

>deep or complex
user we ain't talking Stanley Kubrick here.

Undeservedly so.

i would've preferred those sketchy lineart over the final version

Comparatively so. They don't lend itself to discussion, and they're meant to amuse and teach basic morals to young kids, so they have nothing to offer to an average adult. The autists on Yea Forums won't talk about them either unless they have fuckable designs or culture war bait elements (though not sure if you can call a circlejerk a discussion.)

I mean, S1 of GEAH is just a cross between "Planes, Trains & Automobiles" and a picture book about muppet creatures made as a bet to be deliberately as simple as possible, S2 is a mashup of Bond parodies and that Butter storybook that was meant to explain nuclear warfare to toddlers. It's all stuff people read in their childhoods and knockoff versions of more entertaining movies except with Seuss muppets. The morals are simplistic, sometimes verging on mindless, and the jokes are cheesy. What part of that sounds discussion-worthy to you?

Even the so-called GEAH fandom seems to agree, anons in these threads usually only praise the animation and are not very eager to discuss the plot. S2 premiere thread was a total slog that lasted a whole week, and immediately after that the threads started dying after a few dozen replies (on a good day.)

is this the last GEAH thread of all time?

Yea Forums only has discussions if the topic contains
1. Waifus
2. /pol/ shit
Again, because Star Vs got hundreds of threads doesn't mean it's good, it just fills the quota of easy stuff to discuss

>Comparatively so.
Maybe if we're talking about "Summit of the Gods" or such but we clearly aren't.

I was actually thinking about Centaurworld.
5 months since the premiere, but its fandom still managed to have a legit discussion thread that nearly reached the bump limit a few days ago. There are many shows with (semi-)active fandoms that still manage to have fun threads many months after they ended, GEAH is clearly not one of them.

>since the premiere
of the final season, I mean.

>I was actually thinking about Centaurworld.
Fine, I'll concede to that.

>There are many shows with (semi-)active fandoms that still manage to have fun threads many months after they ended
Do legit toddler shows like Elinor and Bluey count? They must be doing something better than GEAH to be attaining a larger presence on this board than the latter show, even despite their younger target audience. Hell they must be doing something even greater than whatever shit languishes in obscurity within Netflix and Prime video too.

Primal threads die after a week or so guess that show sucks now

>Elinor and Bluey
I don't watch literal toddler shows, so I can't comment on that, but their threads seem to be as dead as GEAH threads.
Maybe its fandom does. Or, like I said, some shows just don't lend themselves to discussion.

>I don't watch literal toddler shows
I don't either, they seem to have some larger presence here from an outsider's pov, though that might've been all smoke and mirrors all along I guess

>some shows just don't lend themselves to discussion.
Which could be for a variety of reasons; the most likely one, as you've brought up, was because the product was simply mediocre in certain aspects, even regarding some 'diamond in the rough' qualities it might possess, such as the case with this show. God is that the case with too many so-called 'underrated' shows for me.

Digital brushes, or actual pencils?

I preferred the Jim Carrey’s Grinch. It gets wayy too much hate. It expands the universe very well, and also characterized the Who villagers.
They were a good conflict to the Grinch and we finally know the reason he hates Christmas and Whoville.
Carrey’s eccentric schizo performance fits really well, and it had its fair share of jokes that actually landed.
I liked its dark foggy winter atmosphere too.
It’s not perfect but I’d watch it every Christmas.
Chuck Jones Grinch focused too much on being cute, wholesome, and it runtime was too short for my taste, even though I did like the music.

Would Seuss have preferred the Carrey version if he was alive?

Attached: 252F9361-A70E-46EB-9C52-C1DADAC1B14E.jpg (672x614, 128.65K)

Bump

Attached: C3A5A7DF-3735-46CC-9067-28EF22B88615.jpg (720x525, 331.93K)

The mom is hot

The waitress is hotter

>there are no gays
Ok you convinced me. I’ll watch it

Tumblr likes it because they see gays

That's every show tumblr likes, and half of them don't even have gays, or the right gays at the very least. Looking through fanart tags of some less popular shows on twitter/tumblr you could think that every character in them is gay, trans, and autistic, but usually it's just the fandom projecting their mental defects.

Checked. Tumblr is about to get more users after Elon bought Twitter, so maybe Twitter won’t be as infested as it is right now.

pencils. but i dont think there are any cells they just took the pencils and digitized to clean it up.

I hope twitter dies and all the good artists move to a site that's easier to browse.

>Green EggsEggsEggsEggs Days YTPMV (ZeroRanger / greenorange eggs and ham)
Lol not really RIP
youtu.be/Bti-WdOg9jY