Nahh man Incredible Hulk sucks, you don't even need to watch it

>nahh man Incredible Hulk sucks, you don't even need to watch it
Why are MCU fags like this? It's not one of the bad MCU movies at all, yet people act like it's the worst...I think it's strictly because it's not Ruffalo and I don't even understand that, cause Ruffalo isn't great

Attached: Hulk_(film)_poster.jpg (220x326, 62.59K)

Nobody ever said that. You're having arguments with imaginary people again. Take your meds.

t. edward norton

I don't know many people who think it sucks but there wasn't much, if any, real payoff for anything set up in this one in any other Marvel film.

So if you didn't see it, there's really nothing in it that that will affect your understanding of the other MCU films.

Blonsky/Abomination is based af in that movie, glad they're bringing him back

Which retard says this?

>Nobody ever said that.
I've been binging MCU movie reactions on youtube, and almost literally every time they mention the commenters telling them not to watch it

I finally watched it the other month. It was actually OK for the most part.

Honestly a lot of people online told me that over the years so I never bothered until I got bored and downloaded it.

It's an amazing film, still one of my favorites, and it's completely underrated.
Why is it one of my favorites? It's because it's ACTUALLY HULK. Not whiny Hulk, not nerfed silly Hulk...
HULK.
HE SMASHIN' OH LORD HE SMASHIN'.

i’ve never seen anyone say it’s bad but i know people IRL who think
>it not on yidney ploos therefore it not canon

>I think it's strictly because it's not Ruffalo
Or maybe it's because the movie is very messy? It feels like two separate Hulk movies wrapped into one. For some reason Hulk never found his ground in solo movies, and don't even let me bring up the fever dream that is Hulk '03. Also, it's important to note the MCU-effect on marvel heroes and on fans. Most MCU fans probably don't know 03 Hulk and probably barely remember 08 Hulk, so to them Ruffalo Hulk is the only Hulk. Also, Hulk is purely a support comedian with little tidbits of good moments to give him just enough to not be a total joke.

You think he regrets not doing more?

Who says that? Don't make up shit. This film was great

I watched Incredible Hulk. It fucking sucked.
Hulk deserves better. By your logic, Fantastic Four 2005 is a masterpiece because Rise of the Silver Surfer exists.

This movie is great. Who the fuck ever said otherwise?

>It feels like two separate Hulk movies wrapped into one
Explain

See

Well judging by this thread OP is gravely exaggerating such statements. I can say "I saw a bunch of youtube fags say ___" and it's not a citable source unless linking them (don't, no one cares). But what we can confirm from the post counter is that people, at least here, really like it

Story A: Bruce's relationship with the Hulk and trying to find inner peace
Story B: Classic Superhero movie with Abomination.
There's stories aren't mutually exclusive and can work inside each other like any superhero movie before it. Some examples are: Spider-Man, Superman, Batman, etc... but the difference is how they balance these two story threads. The movie does a good job starting of with Story A but when Story B comes in, the movie is out of whack, especially since the new spotlight is put on Abom. and his fight with Hulk. The crazy thing is how the movie fucking ends of with Story A in a "flashforward".

....So your problem is Banner having issues with The Hulk and things developing around him as a result of this conflict? Welcome to every fucking Hulk story ever, retard

The 2000s were an interesting time for super hero flicks. I miss the times when they were more self contained and there wasn't any connections to upcoming movies or whatever.

Ang Lee's Hulk is unironically the best Marvel movie besides X-Men 2 and Spider-Man 2

I was asking which retard says it, so youtube comment section being retarded makes sense. I'm still mad we got a hot betty but never got anything else with her

This is hands down the best MCU film.
>implying pre-civil war this wasn't the #1 most skipped film
Until Ross showed up again people said this wasn't canon despite RDJ being in it. I had to force my friend to watch this one. She loved it in the end.
Except that it perfectly sets up The First Avenger.
Its a perfect Hulk film.
Confirmed for knowing nothing about the Hulk.
Shit taste.

Hulk is a shit character that only works when the setting is silly. He's the capeshit equivalent of Chewbacca, whose only purpose is to stand around making animal noises and occasionally lifting heavy objects. The Jekyll-Hyde dynamic doesn't work because in the original novel Hyde wasn't animalistic he was completely amoral and as a result became Jack the Ripper. Hulk is just angry, that's it. You poke him, he smashes. Lacks all of the pathos of Jekyll and Hyde, and just makes Banner a whiny "DON'T TOUCH ME" pushover.

Attached: 2c3.jpg (361x381, 85.25K)

>t. ignorant retard

>Hulk is a shit character that only works when the setting is silly
Whatever casual. You really know nothing about the character, and have clearly shown to only know Savage Hulk while lacking the understanding of why he's the way he is

Sorry but this film was notoriously maligned as a dud. It really is just a testament to how different the comic movie landscape was in the 2000’s. People said it was boring because all Hulk did was smash shit and wasn’t as fun to watch as Ironman or Batman (this was 2008). It was also before the mainstream really caught on to the whole shared universe thing so they weren’t automatically invested in every character by virtue of being part of a big storyline. The movie’s reputation only got worse after Ruffalo replaced Norton and suddenly you had all this propaganda about how Norton was too difficult and Disney wanted a team player. This was of course corporate speak for “Norton was an artist with ideas but we just wanted him to dance on command”. What’s worse, because of Norton being replaced, Universal could never do a sequel since the version everyone now loved was the one not under contract with them. Incredible Hulk was considered mid tier for its time but it’s leagues above what we get from MCU now.

shit take

No that's not my problem. I think you're just being fucking dumb and trying to quick with this response. My problem isn't
>Banner having issues with The Hulk and things developing around him as a result of this conflict?
My problem is the balancing of these story threads. For this movie to not only A) Be Hulk's first movie B) Be the second MCU movie to introduce a new hero right after how well Iron Man one did it, it's messy as hell. You can have a Hulk movie where he balances his inner turmoil with external ones, but at the very least make sure you're able to tell both stories and have it fit together.
>Confirmed for knowing nothing about the Hulk.
How so? Because I don't agree with how the plots in this movie was handled and balalnced?

>people said this wasn't canon despite RDJ being in it.
Again, how retarded do you have to be to call this non canon when the company which makes the films calls it canon, they've got a prequel comic to avengers which ties it in etc and so on? I joke about secondaries, but tertiaries are even more retarded

FFS Avengers references a DELETED SCENE from the film. Its so canon its deleted scenes are canon.

No, because your problem is what makes the Hulk the Hulk. There is no balance with the Hulk, it is always clashing.

I now remember seeing retards talking about Norton's Banner should show up in Multiverse of Madness in this very board. I shouldn't have asked which retards say this, now I remember even this place is infested with them. They can't tell between alternate universe counterparts and simple recasts. I'm annoyed again

>My problem is the balancing of these story threads.
The film did it fine?
>Banner tries to cure himself of The Hulk
>His actions not only force Ross to set up Blonsky's transformation, but lead him to the one man that completes it
That worked well. Heck he saves the day by NOT fighting the Hulk and allowing him to do what needed to be done.

I get the vibe that you're either an idiot, or just don't like what the Hulk is

>This is hands down the best MCU film.
How so?
>Its a perfect Hulk film.
Thoughts on Planet Hulk? Hulk vs.
Have you ever watched Planet Hulk? I feel like this is probably the most easiest and best way to show MCU Hulk isn't the only way to do The Hulk
>He's the capeshit equivalent of Chewbacca
Low blow user
>The Jekyll-Hyde dynamic doesn't work because in the original novel Hyde wasn't animalistic he was completely amoral and as a result became Jack the Ripper
What the hell does this even mean? At first was agreeing with you comparing these two dynamics, but Hulk-Banner isn't trying to be a modern take on Jekyll-Hyde.
>just makes Banner a whiny "DON'T TOUCH ME" pushover
What comics have you read annon?

I remember Abomination just kind of being annoying, both pre and post transformation. And he's not a small part of the movie.

I've just noticed Hulk never actually has proportions like on this poster.

>it is always clashing
Wdym user? What is the it? I don't have a problem with the Hulk-Bruce Tug of War, or the constant situations Hulk finds himself in the meantime and I understand that these things often coincide in each other.

>how so
I am a massive Hulk fan and have a favoritism bias. It adapted a lot from Bruce Jones run, which started off strong and gave a lot of cool visuals for characterization like the pendulum.
>thoughts on planet hulk
Planet Hulk was a poor adaptation of one the most overrated Hulk stories ever told. Its not a bad story, but I would have to read it again to tell you what is right and wrong with it. I remember having a lot of issues with it, it has been years since I have read it. Likewise I would need to watch Planet Hulk again for that as well. I can say that I remember it being a massive step down from the comic.
>hulk vs
These were just short film power level wank, not terrible but not great either. Wolverine was the better one despite it just feeling like a lost episode of Wolverine and the X-Men, which I think it was canon with.

Phase 1 is uneven but better than most of the MCU just because it's not the same copypasted Whedon shit with bad CG and desaturated colors.

Almost every episode of TIH ends with Banner walking away to sad music because Hulk CAN'T mesh with the world around him. See this user gets it. The movie ends with Banner accepting that whether he likes it or not Hulk is and will always be chaos. There is no ending where Banner is at peace, the closest he gets is accepting the monster and jumping out of the plane.

This is silly bullshit.

Having Whedon script doctor all phase 2 films was such a monumental mistake. Especially since, despite him having one of the final words on every script, Age of Ultron still didn't mesh with the rest of the films.

Lee's Hulk is great. Not the level that user says, but it is great.

>cause Ruffalo isn't great
Great? He starts out nowhere near great and gets worse with each film.

It doesn't come up much in Planet Hulk.

That's fair. That Hulk really just wanted to be left the fuck alone, which is what the character needs.

>It adapted a lot from Bruce Jones run, which started off strong and gave a lot of cool visuals for characterization like the pendulum.
What happened to it? I may have to check out his run to see more out of what I liked in the movie.
>Planet Hulk was a poor adaptation of one the most overrated Hulk stories ever told.
Well damn, that was my introduction to the Hulk and really blew my mind.
>These were just short film power level wank
Fair enough, funny enough this is why I liked that film.
Maybe it's because I phrased it wrong. This isn't my problem, I love it. I'm a sucker for characters that deal with inner turmoil and conflict, I love the cold reality that Bruce has to accept his new reality of as the Hulk. I like it when Bruce or The Hulk have breakdowns when it just gets to be too much for them. I'm fine with the ending of The Hulk and his realization, I just wasn't feeling Abomination and that part of the movie as much as I liked the early parts with Bruce managing. I like the parts in the movie where Bruce is constantly checking his BPM, stress, etc.... and having to work around and gtfo before the Hulk comes out
I would've disagreed with you had IF/Endgame not give me a new meh feeling about him

>Hulk is just angry, that's it.
No, that's just when the action happens. Hulk has friends (even girlfriends), and he can get sad. His most common emotion is his desire to be left alone.

>What happened to it?
It just kind of trailed off. I didn't hate it like some anons but the latter half is nowhere near as good as the first. The whole Mr. Green and Mr. Blue thing was from that run only it was a twist,that Betty was Mr. Blue and it ended up all being a plot by the Leader who is barely in the film. Check out Hulk Gray by Loeb and Sale. That scene with Betty in the cave and Hulk screaming at lightning was taken from there.
>I just wasn't feeling Abomination
Abomination is the opposite of Hulk. Banner hates the power and wants nothing to do with it, Blonsky craves it and is addicted to it. Honestly there's really not more to it than that. It works because of how well Roth sells the addict act.
>I like the parts in the movie where Bruce is constantly checking his BPM, stress, etc.... and having to work around and gtfo before the Hulk comes out
That is from Bruce Jones.

Attached: Bruce Thinks of Betty.png (1022x1524, 2.86M)

Shut up you're just my other personality your not even a real person

>I've been binging MCU movie reactions on youtube
You need to leave

Norton is closer to comic Bruce Banner, a nervous little man who trying to keep in control, not some dude who already got a big built and like a comedy man.

As much as I love how Hulk is depicted in this film, I will not care about Hulk in the MCU until we get either World War Hulk or an [UNDILUTED] Immortal Hulk.

Ruffalo WAS a much better Hulk, stop being contrarian

He is a good capeshit character, even little kids can understand
>gets angry
>smashes
>oh no breaking things is bad

>I've been binging MCU movie reactions on youtube
user, if a youtube “review” is longer than 10 minutes, it’s not worth your time (especially if it has a negative tone). Doing literally nothing is better than watching those videos.

OP just wants to be different, he doesn't like Hulk but if he thinks capeshitters hate it then he is going to pretend he does

I liked it
Kino opening too

I don't see why a Norton variant can't coexist with the recasted Norton-Ruffalo, it would just be a nod

The annoying part wasn't that, it was that the person posting it was insistent TIH is in a different universe

Ruffalo can't act
>oh i'm a nervous guy, guess i'll wring my hands constantly to get this across