Todd Philips asks you to write the story for Joker 2

Todd Philips asks you to write the story for Joker 2

Only guidelines are

>Harleen Quinzel has to be a main character
>still no Batman

Attached: 100BB265-862D-4352-9BD9-15782C8AC8A8.jpg (1200x900, 70.64K)

Can Bats be mentioned?

Harley FARTS on THE camera for two hours straight.

Joker gets magically de aged by a witch and has to go back to middle school, he has a rough time but needs to make some new TRUE friends in order to break the spell

FBI agent Harleen Quinzel needs advice to catch a serial killer the media call "Professor Pyg" and turns to Arthur for advice.

>Willem DaFoe is an aging comedian who has lost popularity and is considered out of touch and unfunny
>is drinking at a bar when the Joker trial is broadcast on tv, Joker acts crazy, the crowd outside are protesting for and against him
>Joker gets declared mentally incompetent and sent to Arkham
>Willem decides to throw a Hail Mary. Shows up to his last sheduled show dressed up as Joaquin’s joker with full makeup
>people go wild and love it, everything he says is funny, he makes the paper the next day, the news and talk shows soon after
>meanwhile Harleen is a psychology student at Gotham University, on a Gymnastics scholarship, is shown to be obsessed with the Joker, has a scrap book of all his news articles. Tapes of his tv appearances, even managed to buy a tape of his one showing at the comedy club from the first movie
>perfect opportunity shows up when placements at Arkham Hospital open up for psychology students. She finally gets to meet the man she’s obsessed with
>he’s heavily medicated and basically a vegetable. Apparently he was too violent before
>when they’re alone she holds him close and tells him she won’t let them keep him like this
>starts swapping out his meds with sugar pills and prepares to break him out
>meanwhile Willem is getting increasingly “into character” as the Joker, and starts behaving erratically. People keep laughing it off however

Climax would be Joker and Harley breaking out of Arkham and confronting Willem Joker on stage at a huge comedy show. Willem Joker however pulls out a gun, having already been planning something fucked up

Then they decide to play Russian roulette on stage or something

Attached: 823C0AE1-458F-4E1E-8957-B319277EABE3.jpg (1373x1649, 645.43K)

Sounds kino

Just make it like Harleen and Mad Love.
Make the entire movie take place in Arkham (that way it saves money). And the film is Arthur slowly corrupting Harley to see his way of life.

I can’t see Joaquin Joker beating up a woman desu

Seems more likely he’d be manipulated by her to be what she imagines him to be

Good job user I liked it. What sort of themes would you have? Seems like there is already an undercurrent of "people sympathize with Arthur despite being dangerous," which sorta speaks to the positive reception of Arthur's Joker and his adoption by ironic edgelord memes that post about how based Patrick Bateman and the main character of Drive are.

Harleen Quinzel is actually a body pillow that Joker carries around.

>I can’t see Joaquin Joker beating up a woman desu
I mean. He killed his mother.
And it is ambiguous if he killed the black woman he imagined as his GF.

I’m not sure what you’d call it in themes terms.

But to carry on from the first movie

>people not caring about mental illness until it directly affects them
>Jokers trial and his infamy essentially showing how people find his madness entertaining
>Willem DaFoe exploiting this for personal gain. The gradually breaking down and losing his own sense of sanity as he gets more and more into character
>Harley “loves” the Joker the same way those women who write to serial killers love them. She doesn’t know him at all really. When she breaks him out SHE takes the lead. Otherwise he would’ve sat in Arkham forever

Ending might be cool where Arthur says Willem “wins”, and he really is the Joker. Willem laughs and has tears in his eyes. Arthur takes off his makeup and puts normal clothes on.

Then when Willem walks out he’s shot dead by the police who think he’s Arthur for a second. Arthur laughs as he walks off with Harleen. Movie ends with him having escaped

I like the idea that Harley and Arthur have a weird manipulative semi abusive relationship. Not just a direct lift from the comics or cartoon. Rather she’s quite manipulative to him and he occasionally gets mad and grabs her, looks like he might kill her or stab her but never quite does.

>Arthur in Arkham State Hospital
>Has to live with and go to group therapy sessions with other patients
>Other patients include Wesker, a meek and frightful man who can only assert himself through puppets; Jervis, a delusional nutcase who can't tell the difference between children's novels and reality; Crane, an inmate who presents himself as friendly, but takes cruel joy when the doctors aren't around in gaslighting other inmates, especially Jervis; Waylon, a large tattooed mute who is said to have committed a bunch of violent crimes, even though he seems docile; Karlo, a guy who's convinced he's an actor just playing a role and all the other inmates are cast members; and Edward, an arrogant man who claims he's not crazy, doesn't belong here, and refuses to associate with the other patients
>Jeremiah Arkham is the head psychiatrist, and he is very controlling of the inmates. Dr. Quinzell is a psychiatric nurse who tries to be nicer to the inmates

>Arthur starts winning over the other patients by doing comedy routines for them. Jeremiah doesn't like this, but Quinzell convinces him it's a healthy outlet and the patients are being stimulated

>As Arthur and Dr. Quinzell interact more, he convinces her to bring him some facepaint because it would really help for his comedy skits

>Jeremiah sees Arthur performing in makeup, and this makes Jeremiah lose his shit. Considering the circumstances of Arthur's crime, he finds this highly irresponsible. He confiscates it and declares that Arthur is not to paint his face. He also clamps down on restricting the inmates' access to other items he thinks are not in their therapeutic interest. He finds this poster Jervis has of a young ballerina boy "suspect" and takes it down. He takes Wesker's little felt puppets away from him, leaving him with no way to ask for things he wants. Jeremiah sees them as a crutch impeding Wesker's progress.

>Arthur is mad now. He wants to get back at Jeremiah.

Damn it co get Hollywood on the line this user is going places

Keep going

>Another inmate starts smuggling in "contraband." Jervis gets these Rockwell-esque stamps with paintings of kids. Waylon gets booze.
>Crane, liking to gain the favour of the staff, tells on everyone, and the contraband is confiscated.
>Arthur finds out from Quinzell that it was Crane who tattled. He uses this as an opportunity to form alliances. He starts encouraging Jervis to resist Crane's bullying. He also knows that Crane only pushes around those he sees as weaker than he is, so he takes something from Waylon and plants it on Crane.
>Waylon confronts Crane, and when the nurses intervene, the other patients substantiate Waylon's side, so the nurses discipline Crane be putting him in isolation
>Arthur sees an interview with the new DA on the news. Harvey Dent talks about fixing things up to restore faith in the city. When somebody asks him about the Joker riot from the previous year and if he thinks that's indicative of Gotham's dissatisfaction with the city, he acknowledges that the city needs to do better, but dismisses Fleck as a "disturbed man" who is not representative of Gothamites or their values

>Arthur is upset. Now he really wants to get out of this place and show that he still matters
>Arthur sees Dr. Quinzell getting harassed by a male nurse. Apparently, this has been an ongoing thing, but nothing has been done about it. Arthur shows that he's sympathetic, which gets Dr. Quinzell to open up a bit more.
>Arthur convinces Wesker to stop taking his meds. Having had stolen the male nurse's key, he spikes his food and plants the meds in such a way that it looks like the nurse has been stealing meds from patients to get high. The nurse is fired.
>Arthur gives Quinzell a knowing smile to let her know that he was somehow responsible for this.
>Arthur convinces Wesker to use his sock as a puppet to be able to express himself once again. He says that he thinks Wesker is a brilliant ventriloquist, and says that he wants to put on a vaudeville show using Wesker's talents.
>As Wesker is off his meds, his violent side that has been suppressed seems to come out a bit more, but only through the puppet
>Arthur also recruits Waylon as a strongman, and Karlo as an announcer. Edward wants no part in this.
>Arthur finds out that the new DA Harvey Dent has checked himself into Arkham multiple times. He tends to get his own area separated from the rest of the patients, and his admittance is always kept a secret due to his status. Arthur also finds out that Quinzell isn't as innocent as she seems, and that because she doesn't make enough to make ends meet, she's been secretly blackmailing Dent for hush money
>Using this against her, he convinces her to bring him all the contraband he needs to make his vaudeville show a success. Including his makeup.

It's another origin, this time mobster angle. Why? Well it'd be fun to see a trilogy playing on the obscured past of The Joker, each installment doing a different take.
>Jack Napier
>Low level thug who wants to be somebody in Gotham, stepped on all his life
>Can't advance in the organization and is treated like a joke
>While Arthur is passive/a pushover, Jack has anger issues
>Gets busted for a petty crime, gets a plea deal for anger management/therapy for his parole
>Doctor Harleen Quinzel is his psychiatrist
>After some head trauma, Jack starts getting bolder.
>Wears makeup to conceal his identity on a robbery that quickly explodes on the news.
>Gets more and more confident/reckless
>Starts offing mob competitors with deadly pranks
>With each session with Dr. Quinzel Jack starts becoming more and more Joker, with Harley starting to question her professionalism

Is that something up your alley, OP?

I think we'd be in great shape if we stopped doing origin stories in general. Just plop us in their tenth year.

>Joker 2
>Harley as protag
Then nots not Joker is it, dipshit?

>Arthur approaches Edward. He says he knows Edward is too smart to be there, and that Edward must be smart enough to have thought of a million ways out of the hospital by now. The only reason he hasn't escaped must be a lack of opportunity. Edward acknowledges this is true. Arthur tells Edward that they need each other if they are to escape.

>Arthur puts on his show. Even staff are getting a kick out of it. Jeremiah arrives to see what all the fuss is, and orders the staff to break it up.
>Arthur challenges Jeremiah, and Jeremiah approaches him. Arthur pies Jeremiah in the face, and the staff move in on the patients.
>Wesker gets aggressive, viciously attacking the staff. Waylon, too, fights back, being so big that he holds off multiple staff members at once
>This show of resistance whips up all of the patients into a frenzy, and chaos breaks loose. Arthur slaps a clown wig on Jeremiah and uses the pandemonium to exit the room
>He rendezvous with Edward. As the staff are occupied with the riot, the two are able to use the plans Edward has drawn up to escape. He knows where to access an old tunnel system beneath the hospital
>The two reach the surface and separate. Arthur knows he'll have to lay low for a while, as the authorities will be looking for him. He reads that Dent will be making an appearance at Gotham's annual Dionysia Festival in two weeks. Arthur marks the date.
>The end.

Eh, I was making it up as I went along, so I see now I should restructure some things and that some plot strings go nowhere (Arthur should probably at least meet Dent at some point), and also I think I have Arthur as too cunning and hyper-competent, successfully manipulating literally everyone and somehow having everything perfectly line up for him, but if I ever actually sat down and wrote this out, I'd just use ideas from this sketch and arrange them better.

>Harley as protag

That’s not what “a main character” means you absolute retard.

Attached: protag.png (1643x664, 385.26K)

Harley's entrance in full makeup is done on the same staircase Joker went down, the scene plays to "West End Girls" by Pet Shop Boys

You really expect Joaquin to NOT have Rooney Mara in the sequel?

>Dr. Quinzel is a nurse
What?

I hope not. It would be neat if they took a Gotham Central-like approach to the Bat and kept him as an almost mythical shadowy figure hinted at but never (or very rarely) seen. It's Joker's POV of the mysterious Batman in the early years of this version before he goes full homo for Batman.

sounds like Manhunter. I like.

>Seems more likely he’d be manipulated by her to be what she imagines him to be

That would be an interesting inversion of Mad Love, where Joker manipulates Harleen into loving him and seeing him as a victim needing her help.

I didn't watch Joker or any of the movies that it ripped off.
>do Mad Love
>change word Batman in the comic's original script to police officer
>have it end on her first crime, breaking Joker from Arkham Asylum with the final sound and shot of the film being the alarms, sirens, and lights of the asylum discovering Joker is free
>don't get to the part of the comic that ends where she's cycling in an abusive relationship

So by definition she isn’t the protagonist, joker is

Thanks admitting you are a brainlet

>I didn't watch Joker or any of the movies that it ripped off

It didn’t “rip off” movies. But it’s fun to know that the people claiming this didn’t even watch joker, and probably didn’t watch the movies they claim it ripped off either

I don't speak for anyone else, fucknut. This thread is about writing a sequel featuring Harley. Not sure what axe you're trying to grind, because I just wanted to talk about Mad Love, and had no intention of tying it into what happened in the first movie, because as I said, I haven't seen it(or any of the movies it ripped off).
Pretty sure this is where people tell you to take your meds.

I thought making her a psychiatric nurse instead of an actual psychiatrist would allow Arthur to exploit her resentment about her lack of power in the workplace.

>I haven’t seen it

Grow up and stop talking about things you literally don’t know about then. Most people get out of that stage after teenage years.

user, you should probably reread my posts. I've never suggested, implied, or lead anyone to believe that I had seen it. I've openly admitted to not seeing it.
>stop talking about things you literally don’t know about then
I've never once said anything about the movie. You need to stop reading my posts as attacks on your favorite movie, because they're not.
>Most people get out of that stage after teenage years.
Not that you'd know. Baselessly attacking anons about things they aren't talking about is something that teenagers do.
Here's all my posts in this thread, just so you're not confused anymore.
and and now this one.

>harleen Quinzel is the main character
I can work with that but it will definitely not be approved with current day

>Joaquin joker in Arkum, all the doctors that work on him all gave up and deem him too unstable.
>Comes the greenhorn Quinzel who is treated as a nuisance for offering opinion on the subject, everybody thinks she is undeserving of her position(for valid reasons)
>Harley decides to crack the Joker inorder to prove herself.
>She organizes sessions in secret. Like the og comics joker pretends she is breaking through him
>The young doctor starts empathizing with the psycho,thinking he is just misunderstood.
>Harley tries to get him out of the asylum, resulting in her being scrutinized and isolated.
>Que Joker getting beating by other inmates
>Harley rushes to the staff to break it up, they do and she treats joker, he says they blame him for the riots and they promise to finish things next time .
>Worried she tries to get him out as fast possible.Joker didn't do anything violent while inside to she has a case
>Arguing with the doctors and law for authors release much to the detriment of her reputation she get the okay and joker release is arranged
>Harley happy

>Zany new Gotham judge sentences Arthur to be Alfred's assistant raising the newly-orphaned Bruce Wayne as part of a rehabilitation program
>Bruce is scared of him at first, but they slowly bond over Arthur's childlike, fun-loving personality
>have zany hijinks around Wayne Manor to Alfred's great displeasure
>central conflict revolves around Bruce's school play
>Arthur saves the day by making and delivering Bruce's bat costume just in time after Alfred accidentally destroys it the night before the play
>side plot with Bruce having a crush on classmate Selina Kyle
>Arthur gives Bruce some love advice from his relationship with Sophie
>touching scene of Bruce and Arthur bonding over both having lost their parents
>"I used to think that my life was a tragedy, but now I realize it's-"
>record scratch, Bruce slides down bannister into frame wearing sunglasses
>Bruce lowers sunglasses, smirks, says "AWESOME!"
>Arthur laughs and hugs Bruce
>Alfred appears at top of stairs yelling BRUUUUCCEEE!!

Oh yeah, forgot it was supposed to feature Harley. She's Bruce's teacher who falls for Arthur, they share a kiss after Bruce's play.

Joke get iPad

better than anything dc has put out in the last 30 years

>EPIC! YOu have been upvoted by the marvel domination brigade

>continued
>While walking through the asylum the men who attacked joker show up
>They attack harely, she tries to get the guards but spuriously they are not anywhere.
>They start getting grabsie before anything Arthur beat them away and kills them both.
>Harley grateful and sees the guards come they beat up on joker to harely shock
>Joker case is reascended due to violent behavior.
>Harely explains what happen but none cares and ignores her
>Harley is in turned punished for help such a dangerous inmmate.
>Harley explains to joker of her failed attempts of and joker tells her he doesn't regret any of it and glad she is fine.
>Harely leaves and over hears how joker will be moved to an actually prison soon
> Harley breaks joker out before and they escaped into the sunset
>Zoom in on joker
>Joker goes in detail how he arrange to bully by the other patients himself, play a role for harely and thinks how long till he gets bored of her

Do you know how to follow a conversation, bro?

Attached: you should try this drink.jpg (720x433, 21.04K)

>I've never once said anything about the movie.

user, how can you say the joker movie ripped something off, then claim you never said anything about the movie

>Set in the mid 90's. Arthur has been locked away since the death of Murray Franklin and is a notorious figure of the cultural zeitgeist in the same vein as Charles Manson or Ted Bundy
>In the age of 90's scandal trials and sensationalist news, a tv documentary is in the works to explore the life of Arthur "Joker" Fleck
>Harleen Quinzel is a psychology major interning at Arkham. She suffers from the exact opposite problems of Arthur in the first movie
>She's desired and adored, but only on a shallow level.
>Her boss hits on her and other women assume she's a skank. The men she dates are turned off any time she tries to get vulnerable about herself
>The documentary crew tries to interview Arthur multiple times but is turned away.
>Against her conscience, Harley uses her wiles to swing an interview with Arthur in hopes of getting recognized as a medical pro
>At first Arthur is very quiet and vulnerable, often disbelieving Haley is even real
>Over time Harley coaxes more out of him as she approaches forbidden subjects like his tv appearance
>Over time they begin to bond as they find common ground in feeling invisible to their peers. Soon Harley starts smuggling in contraband and feeding him info on Bruce Wayne, which is strictly forbidden as it is his primary trigger
>Arthur is disheartened to learn that Bruce appears to have grown up into a well adjusted person
>Harley eventually tells him about the documentary which causes an outburst
>The hospital finds out what she's up to and fires her
>Arthur becomes unmanageable and demands to see her
>Harley breaks in to Arkham and frees Arthur, giving him his suit and makeup back
>Joker leads a riot at Arkham and goes on the run with Harley and some other inmates

1/2

Attached: harleys holiday.gif (250x250, 670.51K)

Harleen was the black chick at the end of the movie

I feel like you don't need to be Batman to realize who the hot blonde chick being pulled around by 3 hyenas in Gotham is.

I don't think so, it's heavily implied that he killed her at the end.

2/2
okay here's where I break the guidelines, sorry

>Joker, Harley, and the inmates go on a chaotic crime spree
>They kill the documentary crew
>They kill Harley's boss and torture her ex boyfriend
>They burn down the Pogo's comedy club
>Eventually they are cornered by police in Arthur's old apt complex which is now condemned and empty
>A "vigilante" arrives, only seen in silhouette, and the climax plays out like a horror movie, with the escaped inmates being picked off one by one. It's not made clear if they're killed or not
>Soon it's just Joker and Harley. They get split up and Joker comes face to face with the shadowy figure
>At first Joker is scared, but soon starts to have fun with being chased, using his fearlessness and wiry frame to outwit the stalker
>Eventually Joker is cornered and he recognizes who is underneath the mask
>He is overjoyed and says he's happy he's turned out the way he has
>Harley shows up and tries to kill the vigilante but Joker angrily intervenes, letting the vigilante subdue them both
>They wind up back in Arkham. Harley is now also a patient and notorious in the media like him
>As they're wheeled away to separate areas of the hospital and reaching out for each other, Arthur thanks Harley for helping him see he has a soulmate
>We are left with an ambiguity as to whether he's talking about Harley or someone else
>Barry Manilow's "Can't Smile Without You" plays over the credits

What if Joker had an ipad?

Joker will never have an iPad

Can I just write Joker beating the shit out of Harley for two hours? That would be great, cuz you know people would argue about what the message is online when I just hate the character.

more like Joker gets nuked but then gets magically de aged and sent to a fantasy world where he must help a little Prince bring world peace

Ending should be

>Willem DaFoe is gonna shoot Joker, shouting about how he’s the true joker. Clearly he’s lost it
>Joker challenges him on stage. Says if that’s true then prove it. Play Russian roulette
>Willem empties all the bullets except one
>Joker asks to see to prove its just got one bullet
>grabs the gun off him, pistol whips him in the head
>Willem is bleeding heavily from his nose and is on his knees “that’s not... that’s not fair, you lied”
>Joker says “that’s the difference between me and you, I’m original” and keeps pulling the trigger at Willem
>Willem runs at Arthur but is shot before he can get to him
>Arthur makes a joke about how he always was dying on stage so killing on stage makes a nice difference

>At first Arthur is very quiet and vulnerable, often disbelieving Haley is even real

I like the idea that maybe he literally doesn’t think she’s real at first because he imagined having that woman as his girlfriend in the first movie. So he can’t believe there’s an actual beautiful woman being so nice to him.

Also. When he sees Batman at the end after he’s taken out Jokers thugs, it would be cool for him to say to him “what kind of coward would do something that cold blooded... someone who hides behind a mask!”. Quoting what Bruce’s father in the interview said about Arthur killing the subway guys

Attached: CFA02CA7-6187-40C8-8278-3462F9122CE3.jpg (1248x657, 77.53K)

Should they change Jokers look at all for the sequel?

Attached: 734E6B97-D4CD-4285-B1F0-9606C320085B.jpg (1080x1246, 306.42K)

Attached: EEC792AB-DF45-4939-BF3F-22AE91410FC4.jpg (1903x1069, 97.89K)

This is One Flew over the cuckoo's nest.

How should Harley look like in full outfit and makeup in this hypothetical movie though?

Like a BPD girl, so pretty much anything women wear in New York on the street would work

Maybe she wears some makeup at the end

I’m basically just imagining Rooney Mara from girl with the dragon tattoo lol

Probably because it’s Joaquin Phoenix’s real life wife

Attached: 17DB629E-B3BE-41E2-A3B9-8F4E76B1471F.jpg (1200x600, 68.25K)

Attached: F4356272-95AD-4A90-8E70-609581C3AAC1.jpg (500x393, 32.42K)

That's actually a good premise to get her talking with him and have her fall in love slowly.