Why were the 2000s so allergic to dark and mature themes? It pretty much died out during this era

Why were the 2000s so allergic to dark and mature themes? It pretty much died out during this era.

Attached: 8583DBC7-E7F9-454D-96E4-EE405D8C965C.jpg (500x375, 30.96K)

But we got Avatar TLA and literally every other action cartoon from around that time

>dark and nature

The mark of the manchild. A concern with how mature the media he consumes is

>weebshit

THIS AGAIN?

TT was an action cartoon and it was childish as shit. It was less mature than TTG.

The true mark of a manchild is watching an action comedy cartoon for kids. Adult cartoons like Family Guy and South Park exist.

unironically I had forgotten how much teen titans tried all that cringe anime wannabe stuff. It was too much for me to finish season 1. I genuinely can't like the show anymore.

>Mature
>South Park
>Fucking Family Guy
Dude...

That's kind of a silly reason not to like the show since they tone it down later and almost completely gone in serious episodes.
It's a flaw but not as big as a flaw as people make it out to be.

maybe so but it really was unbearable in the first season.

Yeah it's one of those early season growing pains; in addition, the Titans were written a bit more generically compared to later seasons.
Tbh, I thought it was more bearable in TT than Omniverse, also by the same character designer.

Meanwhile the show was dubbed in Japanese and TTG is still getting Japanese dubs. Why do white people always get assblasted on behalf of other races who don't give a shit?

>dark and mature

Attached: 153AA7DE-B0F8-4B75-B670-F7A45B75C19B.jpg (726x594, 344.94K)

this again?

Attached: 8C9744DF-FBA6-485B-A598-082E507EE0FE.jpg (1242x913, 890.74K)

>silly cringe anime faces is more mature than SP and FG

gore doesnt make shit mature

Gravity Falls, Star Vs the Forces of Evil, Rick & Morty, Steven Universe, Amphibia and Owl House show way more dark and mature themes on a consistent basis compared to the 00s.

It was truly a beautiful time, especially for DC, back when they haven't yet drowned in cynicism and brooding with Nolan. I wish we could go back to that.

Attached: 1623057537916.gif (1280x720, 566.88K)

In what way?

Nonsense! Considering how the 80s run aged (like wine with drips of milk in it) , I’m sure you could find examples of japanese stereotypes all over in it!

What anime would industrycuck like?

bait

(you)

>I’m sure you could find examples of japanese stereotypes all over in it!
There actually is an animu style Teen Titans all the way back in the 90s.

Attached: F76B79C1-00B5-477D-B2D3-BE5BDBF5A82B.jpg (1280x1707, 1.09M)

They are fine with making dark jokes and tackling mature themes and lessons that can resonate with adults as well

9/11 Kickstarted another moral panic.

What kickstarted the current one?

This! 2000s was so neutered thanks to 9/11; it reflected on cartoons

I watch cartoons and comedies to try and forget all the really dark, terrible shit that is going down.

You want dark and mature? When power was cut in China and Ukraine most hospitals didn't have backup generators. The patients in the ICU, the respiratory unit, the dialysis unit and the babies in pediatric unit died. The refrigeration failed and all the stored blood for transfusions went bad. Dark and edgy enough for you yet sport? Want to talk about the mass rapes in parts of Ukraine? Would that be edgy and mature?

We had cartoons like Justice League Unlimited and Avatar; it wasn't completely devoid of dark and mature stuff. It's like the 90s was super dark in terms of animation either.

Nothing really. We raised a generation on, "make fun of everyone" and they rebelled against it.

Teen Titans was pretty big in Japan, especially compared to other cape cartoons (which don't usually find an audience, due to an overabundance of homegrown capes). It was cute, action-packed, and didn't feel as "foreign" as other Western shows did, plus a Japanese band performing the theme song for both versions was a rare sight and a highlight. Japanese audiences definitely appreciated it.

Attached: 1642376472226.jpg (1200x757, 869.94K)

Only neutering I recall was Toonami not showing the DBZ episode where Gohan rescues Videl off a burning skyscraper and then waiting a long time to show the rest the Buu arc where he blows up random cities.

This! We ended up raising the best generation. We needed to rebel against making fun of everyone.

The true mark of a manchild is going on Yea Forums and stating your opinion online

Shows from previous eras did that too; 2010s isn't special in that regard.

Because we're taught that the world revolves around us and that everything that happens has something to do with you. Its why we assume that foreign people are just random background characters who can't think or do anything and that it's up to us to get angry on their behalf and bring change.

Oh my god I wanna read that

It would only be dark and mature if the mass rapes in Ukraine had the rapists doing the silly animu faces like the sweat drop from the forehead and the fiery red vein on the head.

Most of those shows are melodramatic schlock made for autistic adults

The biggest disillusionment of my age was realizing that I can never get a Raven gf because goths IRL were all utterly vain, dumb, and dysfunctional people.

Attached: 1622117814099.jpg (1920x1080, 313.77K)

Real truth here.

Cause whites are evil

???
why disrespectful??

It's bait.

It made fun of what anime is. Not to mention it appropriates Japanese culture.

You did it wrong
Correct

Attached: 4736C35F-2148-493D-B100-0C8A555E1BA9.jpg (640x480, 30.6K)

They absolutely hate Asians.
t. Filipino

Avatar wasn't NEARLY as egregious with the faux-anime crap as TT03 was.

Attached: 1494281302498.png (550x600, 662.77K)

???
That's not what user was implying at all with his post.

Kek, yes it was retarded 00s fag.

Why is no one pointing out that the creator of TT 2003 is literally Japanese?

Attached: Glen_Murakami.png (448x336, 174.57K)

That’s not a real Japanese person.

Not much to point out. He's American, just with Japanese ancestry. He did an amazing job though, imagine taking an ugly as sin character nobody liked and overhauling her completely into this cutie.

Oops, wrong image.

Attached: 1632208873182.jpg (661x1018, 137.37K)

>Adult cartoons like
Neither are for adults. Just kids who want to be adult.

>allergic

Dude they embraced it

Attached: B8832886-5D29-4C4A-8C21-4FC5430C4CCE.png (277x182, 6.8K)

southpark is prolly one of my most favorite shows with rick and morty and if you think you have to be mature to understand the show then youre retarded

People who jerk off to "maturity" are the same retards who gave Apokolips War glowing reviews. Fuck them.

Teen Titans was doing "le wacky anime face ecks dee" literally every other minute.
Avatar TLA did it much less often

Attached: d51714dac5fd0af0b28f42e301eccb3d.jpg (235x162, 12.4K)

Teen Titans wasn't presenting itself as seriously as ATLA, it was more of a comedy show with a serious throughline. Whenever ATLA did lighthearted episodes, they also upped the wackiness.
And I have no clue what kind of a problem you niggers have with anime faces of all things.