What's their magnum opus?

What's their magnum opus?

Attached: laika.jpg (380x214, 7.82K)

Coraline, its not even a contest

Kino and the Two Strings
only groomers like c*raline

This
Kubo sucks and it's all because the ending literally goes against the entire moral of the story before that point.

>dumb pedo can't follow a simple story about eastern family values

Probably Kubo since it was their biggest design wise.
Personally I like Paranorman the most all-around but think Coraline had the best story.

>entire story focuses on Kubo's grandfather desperately trying to force his grandson to be something he's not
>he plans on doing this by stealing his eyes and changing his very identity
>he's already successfully did this to Kubo's father by wiping his mind and turning him into a beetle
>this type of behavior is rightly shown to be evil and morally wrong
>movie ends with Kubo essentially wiping away his grandfather's memory and forcing him into a new identity that better suits him
Try paying attention next time you watch a movie fagwit.

>a cold immortal loses to the love and compassion of humanity
>love and compassion is continued to be shown to him even afterward
>this is a bad thing

Either Coraline or The Adventures of Mark Twain, which they made way back before they were called Laika.

that victory loses all meaning if it is unable to win someone over except by means of indoctrination. Killing his grandfather would have been more compassionate than mind raping him.

If we consider those... didn't they also make The Nightmare Before Christmas?

Probably Kubo
I also like her incest comics

Nah, that was the now defunct "Skellington Productions", which also made James and the Giant Peach. Shame, really. It'd be cool to see what they'd be making now if they still existed, although I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of it's old animators are actually now working at Laika.

>it's old animators
Fucking ESL's.

That's the better ending for an adult audience but probably not for their intended audience. Mercy-killing granddad would have bumped it up to TV-14 or even TV-MA

Attached: 1552446888198.jpg (580x350, 60.78K)

In my heart Paranorman but it’s probs Coraline

Kubo

Slackino

Attached: x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 260.09K)

This

Attached: Norman Aggie.jpg (1266x800, 167.84K)

Kubo was a masterpiece.

Could have just had a traditional villian death or have him spew out ink or green goo instead of blood. Would have been way more satisfying. If Disney can kill numerous villains so can Laika

>>love and compassion is continued to be shown to him even afterward
Love and compassion for your enemies is retarded. Enemies are meant to be killed.
I wish I could've killed my parents.

ParaNorman, plain and simple

Sure Coraline was their mainstream hit and Kubo has also gotten its fair share of praise. But honestly ParaNorman feel like where Laika really establishes itself. Coraline was just Henry Selick being Henry Selick.

>But honestly ParaNorman feel like

Coraline, and it's all because it had a complete plot premade for them

See that's why Coraline was a better film, aside from child deaths, even though you didn't see other mother die you know for a fact that she's going to starve to death and her last desperate attempts to grab the key from Coraline represented that

>People shipped these two forgetting that they're related

People shipped Anna and Elsa and they’re way more closely related.

>forgetting

Kubo makes him mortal by gifting him part of his own humanity, not taking away his godhood.

Coraline is probably the best overall story-wise since it's adapting an already pretty good story by Gaiman while improving it with more fantastical visuals.

Paranorman has the best climax, it has some great setpieces and a really strong emotional core that's built up through the entire movie.

Kubo is probably their most impressive visually, just a really unique setting and some of the most impressive animation techniques they've used so far, especially with how they brought the giant monsters to life.

Boxtrolls and Missing Link on the other hand are just overall weak showings with nothing they really excel at to make them noteworthy.

Ummh, Bumblebee?

Attached: Travis Knight Directing.jpg (600x300, 39.09K)

Attached: Coraline.webm (886x480, 2.7M)

They're 300 years apart and he's not a descendant of her as she obviously didn't have kids. Barely counts as incest.

HOW IS BABBY FORMED. HOW GHOST GET PRAGNANT.

Kubo is their best technical/artistic achievement, Coraline is the best movie they've made.

Attached: kubo stop motion.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

>that victory loses all meaning if it is unable to win someone over except by means of indoctrination
You're extremely retarded

Are you both forgetting Kubo's Aunts both get killed in the film (along with his parents)? First Aunt gets a sword to the face thanks to Monkey, and the other gets obliterated by Kubo's powers.

Was Boxtrolls really that bad?

Attached: Winnie 3.jpg (1080x1080, 142.88K)

Better than Missing Link.

What did you expect from Yea Forums?

Coraline is iconic at this point. Has been ever since it released.

I really wanted to like that film but it just wasn't good

My man

Boxtrolls. Predicted trannies and propaganda.

It wasn't mindrape. Stop phrasing it like they did an evil task by not resorting to murder.

Kubo really would have been better if he killed his Grand Dad.

Although his growth as a reality warper really could have been fleshed out more.

He was basically Franklin Richards but with a Shamisen

Don’t see why his aunts should die while his Grandpa should live

Boxtrolls is fine. Decent story well done all around.
Visually the story doesn't call for as much as stuff like Kubo/Paranorman/Coraline called for.

I suppose the smokestack from the machine was impressive and the physical changes the cheese allergy guy has.

I'm glad someone else admits Boxtrolls and Missing Link sucked. If they were 3D/CG animated movies they'd be rightfully forgotten as the generic middle of the road movies they are.

It's a bit much to say Boxtrolls outright sucked but it was an extremely middle of the road movie most of the time like you said. Now Missing Link on the other hand, that was a stinker.

You have to be 18 to post here

Missing Link is my favorite

Said no one ever.

>indoctrination is fine guys
>i know that's exactly what my grandpa was trying to do to me the entire movie but it's different when I do it.
>why yes my mom and I killed our aunts without question, what's your point?

I really liked Paranorman, think Kubo is visually impressive, and honestly argue that Box Trolls is underrated, but Coraline still stands tall for me. The art design, music, distinct characters, overall tone, etc. etc.

Some of it is just the way that it's simply allowed to tell the fantastical horror story it wants to without the obligatory family-blockbuster humor, but beyond that there's something about the overall pacing and atmosphere that I just find much more absorbing than their other films. It doesn't feel too bloated or spread thin, it's a tight cast in a small setting, able to take its time with the setup and payoff.

Attached: Coraline_Dolls.jpg (853x462, 54.59K)

I feel bad because as much as I love Laika I just had no desire to see that movie. The few glimpses I got from it just made it seem like any other slapstick comedy you'd get from a B-Team at Dreamworks. Except with the knowledge that it was probably much much more tedious to make.

Maybe I should just give it a go.

Attached: laika_missinglink.jpg (1280x600, 107.7K)

>and honestly argue that Box Trolls is underrated
How?

The past tense hurts more than it should.

Attached: Cuddle 1.jpg (1280x1028, 239.11K)

How come?

dont forget, he ordered his parents killed

i think laika should just adopt already acknowledged good stories like coraline